• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 9th: PM2019 135 - Pokémon! I Am Glad I Got To Meet You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyro39

I guess I could maybe see an arc of Ash getting all of the galar badges to tie up loose ends for the region.
If they wanted to do that, they would've made a traditional SWSH series for Gen 8 instead of this globe-trotting adventure and the PWC. Ash is beyond doing Gym Badge quests and the Pokemon League at this point in his journey.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
If they wanted to do that, they would've made a traditional SWSH series for Gen 8 instead of this globe-trotting adventure and the PWC. Ash is beyond doing Gym Badge quests and the Pokemon League at this point in his journey.
If that's the case, I'm not sure what arc could come next in JN.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Master Pikachu 11

Butterfree, Primeape and Lapras also make me feel this is really it either for the anime or for Ash as a whole.
They didn’t really appear it was Pikachu’s daydream of all his Pokémon friends that he made along the way to help push him through the last ounce of strength left to win the battle. I hardly call them appearing a dream scenario an actual appearance

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
They didn’t really appear it was Pikachu’s daydream of all his Pokémon friends that he made along the way to help push him through the last ounce of strength left to win the battle. I hardly call them appearing a dream scenario an actual appearance
What if Sogaleo was using ultra space to have all of the pokemon be able to spiritually communicate?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
So um what now? Ash needs to defend his title in the Master Class. Him losing the title offscreen or some sort of timeskip? Or acting like it never happened?

someone earlier came up with a theory that perhaps the master class goes on "break" allowing Ash to go to Paldea without having to defend his title for a while, this of course being if he has to defend it.

I'd rather that than acting like nothing happened, which i know some killjoys here would more than want to happen.

After today's performance I can't see Pikachu losing to just random stuff anymore, new pokemon he just caught maybe, but not Pikachu

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
someone earlier came up with a theory that perhaps the master class goes on "break" allowing Ash to go to Paldea without having to defend his title for a while.

I'd rather that than acting like nothing happened, which i know some killjoys here would more than want to happen.

After today's performance I can't see Pikachu losing to just random stuff anymore.
Get ready for Pikachu to get clapped by youngster Timmy's level 5 lechonk.

Master Pikachu 11

Heck, with how much they've been drawing parallels between Goh and Ash, this episode could be about Goh meeting Mew.
You know what I think that you are actually on to something and this episode is actually a third part of Goh’s Project Mew and this is the episode that he actually meets Mew. Since Mew is suppose to be the ancestor of all Pokémon and that is why Pokémon is at the beginning of the title besides also being a call back.
What if Sogaleo was using ultra space to have all of the pokemon be able to spiritually communicate?
Solgaleo isn’t going to appear nor have anything to do with this episode.

Lelouch-Red

I'm at the side that Ash could retire, I said this long time ago. We have all the hints like tying plot points and such.

But well, more and more when I thought and still think about this specific title, I had this realization. The episode is not even about Ash. I think its a project mew episode.

The thing is, if you all remember Goh's first apperance, he didn't choose Mew, but met Mew. I think this is a callback to that specific moment of Goh meeting Mew again in Faraway Island. Since the title implies "Glad, I met you" means its a callback of Goh's first encounter to Mew, which gave Goh a life purpose.

Funnily enough, JN133 preview showed that Pokeballs don't work, so catching Mew besides befriending it, is not an option. It can be a case like Suicune.

Sure I could be wrong, but the TV guides didn't mark this episode as the final episode, so tbh what I'm saying could make sense.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Oh yeah. But you shouldn't underestimate the abilities the Pokemon writing staff has for this sort of things lol.

with how intense, and emotional today's battle was, it's hard to simply go on like it wasn't a big deal.

the writers can give Ash new pokemon that can lose since they would need to be trained, but seriously, Pikachu's stronger now than ever, if they were to nerf it in any capacity to where it would lose to newbie level pokemon, it would be worse than what unova did in that regard.

Bear minimum, any pokemon Pikachu faces going forward would need to be as strong as Bea's Grapploct was.

Durrendal

Maybe there's no new announcement because Journeys simply doesn't end. It blends into the Paldean leg of the journey. They did travel to many regions in Journeys after all.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
It depends on how much they age Ash up. If it’s a couple of years to being a teenager? No problem. Adult characters wouldn’t change that much, and former companions either have art that could be adapted from sequel games or could easily be aged up while remaining true to their original design.

They gave Serena a HUGE redesign for one episode, so tweaking other character designs to make them a few years older should be doable.

Adult Ash and company could be harder…but not impossible.

That said, I think everyone is overstating this. We get remakes once every other generation. It’s not that big of a problem that it would keep the show from advancing Ash’s age if they really wanted to.
We had 30 year old 's Red and Green (Eng Blue) adult design for Ash and Gary adulthood to use. So why not just do that ! ? Lots of fans did art of that for years!

Last edited:

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
least we can hope ash is staying
We don't know that that ...and I am doubt he is ever go away olm could pull Digimon adventure 2020 on us

Gingertail24

Maybe there's no new announcement because Journeys simply doesn't end. It blends into the Paldean leg of the journey. They did travel to many regions in Journeys after all.
They still should announce something tho. They announced johto I'm pretty sure. Heck there not being a new series, it makes less sense why they didn't announce anything

Durrendal

They still should announce something tho. They announced johto I'm pretty sure. Heck there not being a new series, it makes less sense why they didn't announce anything
It's copium from me. Frankly, what I think is actually happening is that covid has put the studio and animation team under immense pressure. They might be taking a long break.

Status
Not open for further replies.