• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 9th: PM2019 135 - Pokémon! I Am Glad I Got To Meet You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MunchMunch

That still can’t be taken as any evidence or indication as to what’s going to happen. Because it’s not up to her whether Ash returns or not.
No one is saying that it's up to her though? All she said is that Ash isn't a Pokemon Master yet.

Also an actor is usually told what they can and can't say in an interview, if her saying that Ash isn't a Pokemon Master yet was an issue, or hinted at something, she would've been told that she couldn't say that.

ShadowForce720

No one is saying that it's up to her though?
The point is nothing she or anyone else says can really be taken as any evidence as to whether Ash will return or not.

We likely won’t know if Ash is going to return or not until we get announcement of what is going to happen whether the anime will get a new series or if the current anime will just keep continuing all throughout gen 9.

MunchMunch

The point is nothing she or anyone else says can really be taken as any evidence as to whether Ash will return or not.

We likely won’t know if Ash is going to return or not until we get announcement of what is going to happen whether the anime will get a new series or if the current anime will just keep continuing all throughout gen 9.
I guess, but imo all evidence is pointing towards Ash staying and Journeys counting on.

Jeal

She already knows if Ash is leaving or not. She is the VOICE ACTRESS.

Niormon

I can understand why some people see this title as the end of the series, the other shows even during their end run always hinted at the future with stuff like "Tomorrow" or the "adventure never ends" also those end titles for those anime always stand in line with the game they represented that isn't the case with pokemon 2019 tho

MunchMunch

That doesn’t matter because she is under NDA’s she is legally not allowed to confirm whether Ash is staying or not regardless of whether she knows or not.

And the fact of the matter is the final decision as to whether Ash is staying or not isn’t up to her.
But no one is saying that she's saying that though? You're making an assumption that people are saying that's what she's saying when all she said is that Ash isn't a Pokemon Master yet. That doesn't mean Ash is staying or going, that just means his dream hasn't been achieved.

Anywho, I hope we get a summary soon.

Jeal

That doesn’t matter because she is under NDA’s she is legally not allowed to confirm whether Ash is staying or not regardless of whether she knows or not.

And the fact of the matter is the final decision as to whether Ash is staying or not isn’t up to her.
It doesn't matter if the decision is not up to her. The only thing it matter is that she KNOWS. If Ash was leaving, she would keep quiet, not saying things like the ones she is saying.

ShadowForce720

It doesn't matter if the decision is not up to her. The only thing it matter is that she KNOWS. If Ash was leaving, she would keep quiet, not saying things like the ones she is saying.
Again you can’t take what she says as evidence that Ash will stay. Just because something like Ash isn’t a Pokémon Master yet doesn’t automatically mean that he is staying as that is something she could saying regardless of whether or not he is staying.

But no one is saying that she's saying that though? You're making an assumption that people are saying that's what she's saying when all she said is that Ash isn't a Pokemon Master yet. That doesn't mean Ash is staying or going, that just means his dream hasn't been achieved.

Anywho, I hope we get a summary soon.
Do just not really read what people post and just skim through because there are pretty much two people here that tried to use what Rica said as evidence that Ash will stay.

Last edited:

Broseph08

It’s because it doesn’t matter what a VA says as they don’t have final say over what happens to their characters or what happens in the show.

They are also under strict NDA’s so they aren’t able to just discuss things that will happen in the show in the future or other details without permission and would get in a lot of legal trouble if the violate it.

So what a VA says can’t be taken as any sort of evidence as to what will happen.

That doesn’t matter because she is likely under NDA’s so she is legally not allowed to confirm whether Ash will be staying or not regardless of whet she knows or not.

Also the final decision as to whether Ash will stay or not is not up to her.
It's not just her. All statements have been saying the same thing. She hasn't said anything about any future series so no NDA breaking but she is clearly hinting at returning. If there are plans for SV, she will have known if she is coming back or not. Hell, she may have already recorded for some of it

ShadowForce720

It's not just her. All statements have been saying the same thing. She hasn't said anything about any future series so no NDA breaking but she is clearly hinting at returning. If there are plans for SV, she will have known if she is coming back or not. Hell, she may have already recorded for some of it
It doesn’t matter because none of those statements can be taken as evidence that Ash will be returning. Saying that Ash isn’t a Pokémon Master yet is just stating the obvious it’s not hinting at anything as it could literally be said regardless of whether he returns or not.

MunchMunch

Again you can’t take what she says as evidence that Ash will stay. Just because something like Ash isn’t a Pokémon Master yet doesn’t automatically mean that he is staying as that is something she could saying regardless of whether or not he is staying.

Do just not really read what people post and just skim through because there are pretty much two people here that tried to use what Arica said as evidence that Ash will stay.
I'm not talking about that. I'm referring to your use of "Rica having control of what happens with Ash". No one here has said that or inferred to that.

MunchMunch

But on the bright side, I wonder if we'll get a new summary soon. I really would like to know what this episode is about.

Broseph08

It doesn’t matter because none of those statements can be taken as evidence that Ash will be returning. Saying that Ash isn’t a Pokémon Master yet is just stating the obvious it’s not hinting at anything as it could literally be said regardless of whether he returns or not.
It's not 'evidence' in any substantial way but it def makes me feel more confident that he is sticking around.

In JN itself: "Beating Leon puts me one step closer to being a Pokemon Master"
Article release after he wins: "Even though Ash has become the strongest in battle, he is only halfway to his goal of being a Pokemon Master"
Ash's VA: Says same thing

I'm not saying it's proof or anything but I'm fairly confident now that the next anime series will star Ash and Pikachu

Niormon

It's not 'evidence' in any substantial way but it def makes me feel more confident that he is sticking around.

In JN itself: "Beating Leon puts me one step closer to being a Pokemon Master"
Article release after he wins: "Even though Ash has become the strongest in battle, he is only halfway to his goal of being a Pokemon Master"
Ash's VA: Says same thing

I'm not saying it's proof or anything but I'm fairly confident now that the next anime series will star Ash and Pikachu
You mean articles like this :p https://www.ign.com/articles/ash-ke...e-worlds-great-pokemon-trainer-after-25-years

Interestingly TPCI has its own article on the matter take that as you will https://press.pokemon.com/en/releases/ASH-KETCHUM-BECOMES-WORLD-CHAMPION

Not taking sides on this since we know nothing but there are websites calling him a pokemon master like IGN

" thus completing the dream he first set out to accomplish when he left Pallet Town in episode one of the original 1997 series" their words not mine

This one is from TPCI "The historic win represents a culmination of Ash’s adventures in the Pokémon world, from countless battles to challenging quests, spanning 25 years" I really don't know how a gen 9 anime ( if there is one ) is gonna TOP this

Broseph08

You mean articles like this :p https://www.ign.com/articles/ash-ke...e-worlds-great-pokemon-trainer-after-25-years

Interestingly TPCI has its own article on the matter take that as you will https://press.pokemon.com/en/releases/ASH-KETCHUM-BECOMES-WORLD-CHAMPION

Not taking sides on this since we know nothing but there are websites calling him a pokemon master like IGN

" thus completing the dream he first set out to accomplish when he left Pallet Town in episode one of the original 1997 series" their words not mine

This one is from TPCI "The historic win represents a culmination of Ash’s adventures in the Pokémon world, from countless battles to challenging quests, spanning 25 years" I really don't know how a gen 9 anime ( if there is one ) is gonna TOP this
Nope it was a Japanese article

Status
Not open for further replies.