• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 9th: PM2019 135 - Pokémon! I Am Glad I Got To Meet You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SatoSereFan224888

If there was a side series with Ash fighting random people I'd prefer he used his reserves instead of just Pikachu
Anyway it would be hard to have him lose
True but if would feel awkward without Pikachu, dont you agree?

SatoSereFan224888

It's not 'evidence' in any substantial way but it def makes me feel more confident that he is sticking around.

In JN itself: "Beating Leon puts me one step closer to being a Pokemon Master"
Article release after he wins: "Even though Ash has become the strongest in battle, he is only halfway to his goal of being a Pokemon Master"
Ash's VA: Says same thing

I'm not saying it's proof or anything but I'm fairly confident now that the next anime series will star Ash and Pikachu
Well I think Ash could continue his journey in a YouTube series while SV focuses on a new hero. Basically Ash would travel the world to face trainers he’s never met before.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Sigh...

Rica's statement isn't proof that Ash is staying or "goh"ing. We can't really draw any conclusions from it, and if her statement matches other official statements, then it's likely an approved statement coordinated with various marketing and PR teams.

The anime isn’t ending.
Ash isn’t leaving.
He’s growing up and starting a family of his own.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
True but if would feel awkward without Pikachu, dont you agree?
I didn't say it was without Pikachu, of course he would be there too heh
Well I think Ash could continue his journey in a YouTube series while SV focuses on a new hero. Basically Ash would travel the world to face trainers he’s never met before.
Better, rematch stuff like Ritchie, Tyson and, of course... TOBIAS

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Do we ask if Red has retired from his Pokemon Journey? Or from the franchise in general? And you all know the answer: Of course not.

But Red's adventure is not something the franchise needs to entirely focus on. Sometimes, Red goes on an off-screen adventure. Sometimes, the story is rebooted. But no matter what, there's always going to be an adventure with Red. Same with Ash.

The question at hand is whether or not the main anime is going to retire. It's easy to continue Ash's adventures through spin-offs, movies, and manga. But a weekly series is a different matter altogether. And people should take note of that.

I suspect the reason we went to the whole world rather than sticking with Galar is because even back then, the weekly series was becoming a burden. My Hero Academia hit the anime stage in 2016 and showed animators and producers in Japan that you don't have to make a weekly series with ton of filler to capture an engaging show. In fact, it was better for the animators and audience to have a more tightly knitted show.

Journeys was experimentation of where the show should go, from a new protagonist who could potentially replace Ash to Ash being given no limits on what Pokemon he can get to a special mini-series only reserved for Amazon Prime.

And even then, the pains of weekly demand eventually caught up. The show went on various hiatus just so animators could finish up episodes in time. And also note that not all the Galar Pokemon were shown or even featured in a spotlight.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Do we ask if Red has retired from his Pokemon Journey? Or from the franchise in general? And you all know the answer: Of course not.

But Red's adventure is not something the franchise needs to entirely focus on. Sometimes, Red goes on an off-screen adventure. Sometimes, the story is rebooted. But no matter what, there's always going to be an adventure with Red. Same with Ash.

The question at hand is whether or not the main anime is going to retire. It's easy to continue Ash's adventures through spin-offs, movies, and manga. But a weekly series is a different matter altogether. And people should take note of that.

I suspect the reason we went to the whole world rather than sticking with Galar is because even back then, the weekly series was becoming a burden. My Hero Academia hit the anime stage in 2016 and showed animators and producers in Japan that you don't have to make a weekly series with ton of filler to capture an engaging show. In fact, it was better for the animators and audience to have a more tightly knitted show.

Journeys was experimentation of where the show should go, from a new protagonist who could potentially replace Ash to Ash being given no limits on what Pokemon he can get to a special mini-series only reserved for Amazon Prime.

And even then, the pains of weekly demand eventually caught up. The show went on various hiatus just so animators could finish up episodes in time. And also note that not all the Galar Pokemon were shown or even featured in a spotlight.
Even MHA with less episodes struggled with production issues over time, specially in Season 5
But they don't need to promote around 100 heroes in 3 years weekly

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I joined this forum 14 years ago and I've lost count on how many times this same discussion has been had.
Same as I was lurking here before xy&z started and people here being say same thing over and over ....

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Even MHA with less episodes struggled with production issues over time, specially in Season 5
But they don't need to promote around 100 heroes in 3 years weekly
wasn't that because they diverted a ton of resources into the movie?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
This episode is probably the final "recap" of the series.

Ash reflects on how far he has come and what his new title really means. Goh reflects on the end of Project Mew and how we will continue to pursue Mew. Chloe finally makes a choice and asks Ash to tutor her in the concept of Pokémon Battling taking the next step of her and Eevee's journey.

Ash makes a next step of becoming someone's mentor.

Personally I'm hoping that the traveling nature of JN stays but this time with Ash and Chloe. Ash trying something in Paldea and Chloe attempting the Kanto League.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Kameinu

Arooo!
Really hope it’s the last episode. They did a pleasantly surprising and beautiful job with the Leon finale. That episode alone you can watch on itself if you’ve only ever watch one part of the anime. Because it feels like a huge stepping stone and potential closure to the story of that boy and his Pikachu you watched episodes about.

I hate to keep seeing this continuity extended, being forced to forget things that happened, or forget them for so long and out of nowhere being it up a decade later. It’s getting to long and it will collapse one day on its own weight.

And we know Ash as a character has been affected by his continuos extension since BW.

The title is a perfect fit for a finale.

Now the shows and this continuity may come back. If it does, in whatever form. I’d rather they take the “Netflix Seasons” approach. It be more condensed down. And I’ve been saying for a while to be the advertising vehicle it is for this franchise. This anime doesn’t need 100+ episodes per Gen. So much is just wasted COTD filler that just rehashes plots from previous COTD episodes.

Gingertail24

This episode is probably the final "recap" of the series.

Ash reflects on how far he has come and what his new title really means. Goh reflects on the end of Project Mew and how we will continue to pursue Mew. Chloe finally makes a choice and asks Ash to tutor her in the concept of Pokémon Battling taking the next step of her and Eevee's journey.

Ash makes a next step of becoming someone's mentor.

Personally I'm hoping that the traveling nature of JN stays but this time with Ash and Chloe. Ash trying something in Paldea and Chloe attempting the Kanto League.
Considering Chloe said she wants to learn about evolution, I see her going with Sonia or something like that. Or more research with her dad. Besides the show usually likes to keep the battling mostly relegates to Ash. So Chloe do gyms in paldea I feel will overlap with Ash too much

Especially if they plan on making Ash do gyms

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Again you can’t take what she says as evidence that Ash will stay. Just because something like Ash isn’t a Pokémon Master yet doesn’t automatically mean that he is staying as that is something she could saying regardless of whether or not he is staying.

Do just not really read what people post and just skim through because there are pretty much two people here that tried to use what Rica said as evidence that Ash will stay.
No one said it's proof that Ash is 100% saying. Having any bit of nuance would lead you to realize that I posted it to let people have an opinion for themselves on what it means, but in my opinion it is pretty safe to say Ash is staying. But it's on you if you're misinterpreting this as 100% Ash is staying because his voice actress had an opinion on it and we give her statements more weight than randoms opinions who aren't involved in pokemon at all besides youtube videos.

https://gonintendo.com/contents/12260-pokemon-voice-actor-hints-at-what-s-next-for-ash

“Although Satoshi [Ash] has won the title of Strongest Pokemon Trainer, he has still not become the Pokemon Master of his dream. It’s been 15 years since I began playing Satoshi, and he’s worked hard during this battle. The children who watched the first broadcast in 1997 have grown up and I think that some people have moved away from the anime. He’s one step away from becoming the strongest in the world of Pokemon. Kids and adults alike, please support Ash!”
[Rica Matsumoto, Japanese voice actor for Ash Ketchum]

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Same as I was lurking here before xy&z started and people here being say same thing over and over ....
I had been lurking since childhood. I actually wanted to make an account as a kid but I didn't have my own computer until high school so I would have had to do it on my parents' computers but I doubt they would have let me, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.