• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 9th: PM2019 135 - Pokémon! I Am Glad I Got To Meet You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
So Ash and Goh have technically completed their goals for the series if Goh catches Mew (although Goh still has to catch every single Pokémon)
I think (and hope) Goh and Chloe are gone. If both Ash and Goh have completed their goals then this screams endgame for Ash. I think they are holding off SV stuff because there’s gonna be a bombshell of a timeskip with Ash marrying Serena and their kid taking over
Bro that level of devotion to a bit isn’t healthy. Have you tried herbal teas? They’re a great cure.

Master Pikachu 11

So Ash and Goh have technically completed their goals for the series if Goh catches Mew (although Goh still has to catch every single Pokémon)
I think (and hope) Goh and Chloe are gone. If both Ash and Goh have completed their goals then this screams endgame for Ash. I think they are holding off SV stuff because there’s gonna be a bombshell of a timeskip with Ash marrying Serena and their kid taking over
He doesn’t need to catch every Pokémon because he was originally doing that in order to get to Mew so if he catches Mew then there is no point in capturing every Pokémon since that is going to be hard to do to begin with.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Bro that level of devotion to a bit isn’t healthy. Have you tried herbal teas? They’re a great cure.
You poor, poor child. Your account says 2013 but your naïveté says it's been 9 years since you last checked in here.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
You poor, poor child. Your account says 2013 but your naïveté says it's been 9 years since you last checked in here.
…it was a joke, or was that not obvious? And how long ago I made the account is irrelevant so I’m not sure what your point in bringing it up is.

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Also explains why Ash is still 10
I thought that was all the time travel and exposure to legendary sources of power…

BlueDragonfangirl

I thought that was all the time travel and exposure to legendary sources of power…
NA Man, Ash has the power of immortality :)

UnovaMaster

10 year old Goh catches Mew in this episode, this is a direct parallel to Ash's opening adventure and this full episode above should've shown you how the anime was connecting Goh's lore to Ash and Pikachu so that Goh would always be connected to the start of the anime in some fashion

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Goh haters lowkey a cult bro, imagine being this pressed over a wholesome anime boy
There's plenty of reasons to dislike Goh and his story. The problem is none of them are being used. Instead, we have conspiracy theories and other nonsense get paraded around.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Exactly, i can understand criticisms but most people acting like 3 year olds and being mad at Goh like he's the devil because they are simping for Ash and are mad whenever he doesn't get focus is just ridiculous. Pathetic

Oh you want reaons Ok I was going to wait but now I want to show you why.

1. Wasted potential, catching all Pokemon is impossible, specially if we have some Pokemon that cannot appear in the anime, in the end of the day those Pokemon just are recurrent characters like Snubull in GS, Aerodactyl nothing, Cubone nothing, Flygon just a transport, Suicune what the h*ck come on. And a large list. This 2022 have become a little more bearable but the damage was already done.

2. Galar starters down the drain, the moment Cinderace evolved his development was over, Inteleon same, Grookey what is he even doing appart from reviving plants and being an accesory, they had their episodes but what is their point?

3. His reason to want Mew is sellfish. Why does he want it? Caue he watched it how strong it was, enough. It's poor writting at is finnest.

4. His relationship to Ash is so superficial, friends fight, friends do not agree on everything, Dawn and Ash friendship was 100 times better, Clemont and Ash sufffer the same thing but however they were 4 on that group so it made sense to have a different dinamic for each friend.

5. I don't like Ash, I'm a Team Rocket fan and the interactions between Go and TR have been pathetic. Also the whole treatment of Team Rocket does not help

6. His personality is so simplistic... He did not know how to talk with people.... OH MY and it was solved thanks to Jesus Ash. Come on. Little Einstens had more personality than him.

7.It does not help that he is in Journeys, if this was a better series probably I would have liked him more.

8.Writters pet project and subsequent failure to reach the fans. Fanbase is divided.

9.PM is nonsensical an bad written.

10. If Goh was a part of a 3-4 group of protagonists probably would not have been that much hated.

11.Searching for Mew in 2022....

See now you cannot say I do not have any reasons, you will think I'm wrong probably but I don't care this is my opinion.

And by the way since my Goh Goodbye song November have been such a failure I have a new one. Ha ha ha .

Remix2

Honestly goh really suffer from the fact that no one working on journeys had a clear vision for the series during the first two years of it.

Especially given they made project mew up mid series because they realized that the goh catching every Pokémon goal was a big mistake and wasn’t working at all.

Last edited:

UnovaMaster

I put up a good amount of text of my reasons to not like, and you respond to me with absolute silence and with angry emoticons...

Okay if you do not know how to debate I should resort to images so you could understand better

102395815-p06cy9rv.png

Yes it would be nice if we start Gen 9 from Goh's house where his parents gift him a brand new hoodie

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I put up a good amount of text of my reasons to not like, and you respond to me with absolute silence and with angry emoticons...

Okay if you do not know how to debate I should resort to images so you could understand better

102395815-p06cy9rv.png
Honestly I like Goh, but you don't even need those reasons to be totally done with him. He is getting old and I'm so ready to move on from him to a new companion. In regards to companions, I would call him somewhere in the middle. Brock, Misty, May, Iris, Dawn, Lilly, Serena, and Tristan were definitely all better. But I do like Goh compared to most of SM cast and compared to the kids without pokemon.

But it's def time for him to Goh Goh goooooooodbye

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Honestly I like Goh, but you don't even need those reasons to be totally done with him. He is getting old and I'm so ready to move on from him to a new companion. In regards to companions, I would call him somewhere in the middle. Brock, Misty, May, Iris, Dawn, Lilly, Serena, and Tristan were definitely all better. But I do like Goh compared to most of SM cast and compared to the kids without pokemon.

But it's def time for him to Goh Goh goooooooodbye

Who's Tristan??

I was done with him since early days I never liked him I'm not even going to lie. I liked his design but well. I always liked Ash to have a close friend, but we got this... Maybe is he wasn't in Journeys it could have been more bearable but...

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Who's Tristan??

I was done with him since early days I never liked him I'm not even going to lie. I liked his design but well. I always liked Ash to have a close friend, but we got this... Maybe is he wasn't in Journeys it could have been more bearable but...
My bad, apparently I had yu-gi-oh on my mind lol. But Tracey is who I meant.

Anyways so pumped Goh is probably leaving though. I want the main companion to be a super awesome girl again instead of another guy. I did think Ash and Goh made a super cute couple and the shipping was fun, but I want a strong girl WITH AN ACTUAL GOAL

Gingertail24

Oh you want reaons Ok I was going to wait but now I want to show you why.

1. Wasted potential, catching all Pokemon is impossible, specially if we have some Pokemon that cannot appear in the anime, in the end of the day those Pokemon just are recurrent characters like Snubull in GS, Aerodactyl nothing, Cubone nothing, Flygon just a transport, Suicune what the h*ck come on. And a large list. This 2022 have become a little more bearable but the damage was already done.

2. Galar starters down the drain, the moment Cinderace evolved his development was over, Inteleon same, Grookey what is he even doing appart from reviving plants and being an accesory, they had their episodes but what is their point?

3. His reason to want Mew is sellfish. Why does he want it? Caue he watched it how strong it was, enough. It's poor writting at is finnest.

4. His relationship to Ash is so superficial, friends fight, friends do not agree on everything, Dawn and Ash friendship was 100 times better, Clemont and Ash sufffer the same thing but however they were 4 on that group so it made sense to have a different dinamic for each friend.

5. I don't like Ash, I'm a Team Rocket fan and the interactions between Go and TR have been pathetic. Also the whole treatment of Team Rocket does not help

6. His personality is so simplistic... He did not know how to talk with people.... OH MY and it was solved thanks to Jesus Ash. Come on. Little Einstens had more personality than him.

7.It does not help that he is in Journeys, if this was a better series probably I would have liked him more.

8.Writters pet project and subsequent failure to reach the fans. Fanbase is divided.

9.PM is nonsensical an bad written.

10. If Goh was a part of a 3-4 group of protagonists probably would not have been that much hated.

11.Searching for Mew in 2022....

See now you cannot say I do not have any reasons, you will think I'm wrong probably but I don't care this is my opinion.

And by the way since my Goh Goodbye song November have been such a failure I have a new one. Ha ha ha .
I have problems with the way gohs social issues were handled, but saying it was automatically solved by Ash isn't accurate at all

Status
Not open for further replies.