• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 9th: PM2019 135 - Pokémon! I Am Glad I Got To Meet You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
How the hell is Goh selfish for wanting to catch Mew because it's strong? Trainers literally want to catch strong mons all the time???? That's literally the most dumb take I've ever heard
It's not like Goh is trying to force Mew to be it's partner. Goh was fascinated by Mew ever since he was a kid, by its lore, by its powers, wanted to catch it someday like a normal trainer does, battling and trying to catch it
He's too simplistic? Lmao, the fact you felt it got solved in the first place so you literally have zero comprehension when it comes to his arcs or epsidoes, probably because you don't even watch em or stay mad at Goh while watching him
How the hell is his friendship to Ash superficial when it's literally written better than most other companions. Goh and Ash literally have fought and disagreed and were different and remained friends inspite of it, again, poor comprehension

Like literally most of these complaints boil down to miscontruing his character, nitpicks, some personal opinions about his goal
None of which justifies acting like a lunatic over him to the point you'll hate someone so much and make lame Simpson memes about them leaving
Like you don't need to be a 3 year old to dislike Goh, and so many reasons I see paraded around are the same old dumb or miscontruing ones, it's annoying

Much better than other companions?????

I guess you did not watch DP or XY, even SM. Even with more time he could not surpass Dawn if there was 3 years more of Journeys. But hey Its your choice to like Goh like It's mine to hate it.

You're trying to impose your view that Goh is perfect to everyone else and attack those who don't like it I'm not trying to make you or the others to dislike him, but If I do those unfunny Simpsons memes is cause I atleast have fun with these situation.

I give you reasons and you retort to calling people lunatics...

I thought you were different from the likes of @UnovaMaster , I'm really disapointed.

UnovaMaster

Much better than other companions?????

I guess you did not watch DP or XY, even SM. Even with more time he could not surpass Dawn if there was 3 years more of Journeys. But hey Its your choice to like Goh like It's mine to hate it.

You're trying to impose your view that Goh is perfect to everyone else and attack those who don't like it I'm not trying to make you or the others to dislike him, but If I do those unfunny Simpsons memes is cause I atleast have fun with these situation.

I give you reasons and you retort to calling people lunatics...

I thought you were different from the likes of @UnovaMaster , I'm really disapointed.

Santiagus, the people with GOOD opinions are taking back Serebii, so zip your memes away or you'll be shunned aside

Guy100

Well, if this episode turns out to be some possible recap, overall, Pokemon Journey's was an intriguing arc, at least at the very beginning and later points leading up to the Masters 8 finals.

One of the reason's I liked Ash as a character was because he was very flawed, especially towards the begining of his journey in the original series. He truly behaved like a typical 10 year old boy, at least in my opinion, which alot of kids my own age could related to who had this over fantasized view of the world before starting his quest, but soon came to realized things were not all what he expected, which is undeertsandble for anyone partaking on a career.

As for Goh, part of what I didn't like about his character was that he seemed less flawed and often times succeed in what he wanted to do just because he was passionate. Even the project mew plot, I felt wasn't too good of a character development arc for him. My biggest grip with his character is the fact that Goh is somehow able to develop great connection with pokemon, especially those that are notoriously distrustful or harmful towards humans (Areodacylt and Suicune) even though he rarely trains or uses his own in battles.

I do like that the boy (Goh) is ambitious and very knowledgeable, but this should not eclipse the fact that he lacks experience as a trainer, seeing how he hardly ever trains his pokemon.

UnovaMaster

You just answered your own question

Goh doesn't force animals to fight, so the animals in turn are grateful that Goh cares about them for something besides fighting

*coughAshtakenotescough*

NPT

Just a member
Can't wait 'till Goh leaves the series for good. Then we'll finally be able to put all this pointless bickering behind us.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Imagine wasting time engaging with content you actively dislike instead of doing literally anything else worth your time.
Hating watching will always be a sign of mental illness.

Satoshi matters. His is the culmination of quarter of a century of entertaining, struggling, and making kids dream.

Goh is the rind of a watermelon. His only value is in protecting the more valuable. He's fluff. Extra. Unneeded burnt bits. Excess. Abscess.
And it's always the people who feel like Ash is "sealing Goh's spotlight" or that he's in competition with him thats making these type of point when there are actual valid criticisms

Imagine wasting time engaging with content you actively dislike instead of doing literally anything else worth your time.
my case is strange :

I don't like 80% of the things in Journeys, I really dislike Journeys Ash, dont care Goh and don't like most of the battles either.

But I like the music of Journeys, some specific scenes, the returns, the nostalgia in general and Lucario. I also like to do simple criticism in this forum.

I guess I'm wasting time interacting with something I don't like..?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
my case is strange :

I don't like 80% of the things in Journeys, I really dislike Journeys Ash, dont care Goh and don't like most of the battles either.

But I like the music of Journeys, some specific scenes, the returns, the nostalgia in general and Lucario. I also like to do simple criticism in this forum.

I guess I'm wasting time interacting with something I don't like..?
I wouldn't say that. I'd say you were wasting time if you dedicated so much time posting about how JN Ash is the worst thing to ever happen and comparing him to a psychopath. Generally I don't care what people like or dislike. I just find it odd to want to spend your time talking about things you don't like.

I wouldn't say that. I'd say you were wasting time if you dedicated so much time posting about how JN Ash is the worst thing to ever happen and comparing him to a psychopath. Generally I don't care what people like or dislike. I just find it odd to want to spend your time talking about things you don't like.
There's a big line between criticizing things you don't like and wishing Ash gets hurt or something very bad happens to him or saying Goh is a Mentally ill and manic psychopath, I get it.

No, not even satoserefan which implies in his name that he is a fan of Serena, but he hates Ash and never mentions her.
They do. They say from time to time that Ash should marry Serena.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
So has anyone any clue what this episode could be about? Any guesses? Hopes?
Best case scenario this would be a celebratory episode set at Ash's house in Pallet Town with lots of references, callbacks, reserve mons having fun and Ash thinking of his next goal. Perhaps with someone introducing him to Paldea here.

Mildly plausible:
Go hands over Mew to Professor Oak for research, making for another Masters reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.