• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 9th: PM2019 135 - Pokémon! I Am Glad I Got To Meet You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Well, Ash might stick around, but he might be the lead anymore. Still, I'm not expecting a major shakeup of the formula.

SatoSereFan224888

Well, it might not be, based on how the SV saga is written.
I really think a new hero can freshen up the anime. I’ve felt like Ash got stale. The problem is the Pokemon anime is too big to fail.

Morax

King of heroes
Indeed. It is just like Goku's desire to be the strongest. It's a non-tangible goal with no true end
Goku never really had a ‘goal’ per se. Ash’s desire to be a pokemon master lies in the same category as being a hokage or the pirate king. It’s a title/position.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Goku never really had a ‘goal’ per se. Ash’s desire to be a pokemon master lies in the same category as being a hokage or the pirate king. It’s a title/position.
Except the "Pokemon Master" has never been defined as to what it is and we haven't met a single Master

It's close to Luffy's goal but Naruto's goal is nothing like that. It's a tangible goal that's been achieved

Morax

King of heroes
Except the "Pokemon Master" has never been defined as to what it is and we haven't met a single Master

It's close to Luffy's goal but Naruto's goal is nothing like that. It's a tangible goal that's been achieved
What i’m trying to say is that wanting to be the strongest isn’t really a ‘goal’ in the same fashion as the hokage or the pirate king. It’s too vague and unattainable because there will always be someone stronger. Even though it hasn’t been explained, a pokemon master is a pretty particular title.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
What i’m trying to say is that wanting to be the strongest isn’t really a ‘goal’ in the same fashion as the hokage or the pirate king. It’s too vague and unattainable because there will always be someone stronger. Even though it hasn’t been explained, a pokemon master is a pretty particular title.
interestingly enough IIRC one of Shudo's original ideas would've been Ash eventually dismissing pokemon master as just a childish dream

BlueDragonfangirl

BlueDragonfangirl

Status
Not open for further replies.