• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 9th: PM2019 135 - Pokémon! I Am Glad I Got To Meet You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

STICKTOPIA

Honestly there’s nothing left for Ash. He accomplished his goal by defeating Leon
Earlier in the season, ash told those two kids that if he beats Leon he’ll be one step closer to being a Pokémon master.

BlueDragonfangirl

I think tomorrow, we'll get a sure answer as to whether or not the anime continues after this. And if not, it'll be next week for certain.
Ash got confirmed to stay so I assume the anime will continue.

SatoSereFan224888

Earlier in the season, ash told those two kids that if he beats Leon he’ll be one step closer to being a Pokémon master.
I feel Ash became a master defeating Leon. There’s no reason keeping Ash around as the main character anymore. Time for some new blood while Ash continues his journey off-screen.

BlueDragonfangirl

I feel Ash became a master defeating Leon. There’s no reason keeping Ash around as the main character anymore. Time for some new blood while Ash continues his journey off-screen.
What part of him being confirmed do you not understand?

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
I mean, continuing his journey offscreen someday (not now) is more realistic than being stuck doing chores in the outskirts of Lumiose City. Am I witnessing some SatoSere character development?

SatoSereFan224888

Keeping Ash as the main hero doesn’t work anymore now he’s world champ. Daiki Tomiyasu has ruined the anime to the point it’s broken beyond repair. Fans are sick of Ash being reset in almost every series. He just became world champ and he’s going to be reset again? That’s BS!

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Not to defend SatoSereFan here...but...they only kind of confirmed that he will be staying. That article didn't say what form the show will be taking or how Ash will be involved in it. They just said that his adventures aren't over.

I'm going to link Dogasu's tweet's here...

So...we don't really know anything for sure at this point.

BlueDragonfangirl

Keeping Ash as the main hero doesn’t work anymore now he’s world champ. Daiki Tomiyasu has ruined the anime to the point it’s broken beyond repair. Fans are sick of Ash being reset in almost every series. He just became world champ and he’s going to be reset again? That’s BS!
Are you going to watch Pokémon next year?
Not to defend SatoSereFan here...but...they only kind of confirmed that he will be staying. That article didn't say what form the show will be taking or how Ash will be involved in it. They just said that his adventures aren't over.

Pretty sure them saying his adventures will continue means he will be the main still, it wouldn’t make sense other wise.

SatoSereFan224888

I think Ash won’t be part of SV. He’ll have his own series on YouTube. SV will focus on a new hero.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Pretty sure them saying his adventures will continue means he will be the main still, it wouldn’t make sense other wise.
True.

But my point is that we don't know what form this is going to take. This could be a continuation of the weekly series with Ash as the main, or it could be moving Ash's adventures to some other format. So we can't say for sure that he's going to remain the focus of the weekly anime yet. We will know more tomorrow.

BlueDragonfangirl

I think Ash won’t be part of SV. He’ll have his own series on YouTube. SV will focus on a new hero.
You make me sad, can’t wait for your reaction when it’s confirmed he’s still the lead tommarow.

BlueDragonfangirl

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Well honestly don't think they need the anime anymore to promote the games at this point.

My thoughts is that Nemona, Arven and Penny have to work on their goals and the main focus will be on those three, with Ash and probably Gou being support characters that influence those three. It would fit Ash title as World Champion.
Plus in the game, the treasure hunt is not really hunting the treasure, it is to allow MC to learn more about themselves and what they wanted, that the treasure, so the writer can used the treasure hunt to let Ash to look for the real meaning of being a Pokémon Masters,

Anyway i was thinking like a pairing, Ash pairs with Nemora to teach her about Pokémon battle despite her status in the game, Goh would be pairing with Arven due to Project Mew stuff and probably can assist in his task while Chloe (if she stays too) pair with Penny about what being stronger, some thing like that

SatoSereFan224888

On the other hand, Arven's hot blooded attitude may be entirely replaced so Ash has a friendly competent sandwich maker nearby.
You explained why I feel Ash wouldn’t get along with Arven because I think he’s too hotheaded to be Ash’s friend.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Are you going to watch Pokémon next year?

True.

But my point is that we don't know what form this is going to take. This could be a continuation of the weekly series with Ash as the main, or it could be moving Ash's adventures to some other format. So we can't say for sure that he's going to remain the focus of the weekly anime yet. We will know more tomorrow.

The only reason we even speculate this is because the hiatus and outsourced animation for the past few months was so noticeable. Even more so when there's not even a poster or a legit teaser of the SV anime... weeks after the SV games are out.

Like you have to wonder, why is the anime out of sync with the games? That has never happened to the anime itself. Usually, it's the games that are delayed, with the anime making filler arcs to bide the time.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I feel the writers wanted to retcon Serena’s adventures with Ash.
EpWkVDtUUAAxNPa

Has the anime actually changed a characters personality like a 360 before? The closest thing I can remember is Lusamine.
Anabel was pretty different from what I recall from Emerald.

Status
Not open for further replies.