• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 9th: PM2019 135 - Pokémon! I Am Glad I Got To Meet You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
(Cue people bitching about Goh being flawed and being a kid again)
It would normal. Jealously is a normal emotion it’s just what you do about/with it. It’s too bad the series (seems) like it’s coming to a closing because it would’ve been a good topic. I would’ve loved if they did something like that with Dawn and her losing streak in DP.

BlueLight

The thing Go isn't telling is that he wants to leave on a journey, it's what the dialogue in the video preview is all about.
Really? To be honest, I feel bad for Goh. While he's a bit too enthusiastic, I can relate to him to some level. I, myself, am an over-enthusiastic person in terms of my own passion, but I always feel like its hard to find people trustworthy to be friends with, so you do all things without much help (which may turn out to be inconvenient) and you don't talk much around them. And when you do get friends, you don't feel like to leave them. If you decide to go on your own journey, it will hard to do so.

This usually happens in your final school/college years. When you meet them again, you can see they have changed to some degree, or they aren't exactly the same now, which makes you feel that the bonds are starting to fade. And, sadly, you begin to feel all alone again.

At first, Goh may have been an amateur (same goes to Chloe), upon meeting Ash who could be a great role model, but most importantly a friend, he has become a much better trainer. But letting go of the only people who stuck with him, it will be hard for Goh especially.

Nikinini

Has the anime actually changed a characters personality like a 360 before? The closest thing I can remember is Lusamine.
90% of the game characters are completely different in the anime save for some shared traits, because it has never even tried to be a "faithful adaptation".
This becomes even more obvious when playing something like Masters, which fleshes out the characters more, but tries to stay close to their portrayal in the main games.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
LMAO if Ash and Goh actually continue (Flame me but I will prefer that) Ill be so happy
It would be a bad day for the annoying people sure but it will be worthwhile and will redeem Project Mew's ending
Sure Goh says he is leaving on a journey, but Ash deciding to tag along with him would be nice
“Journeying” in my mind implies that they’re traveling through one specific place.

Honestly if they must continue and they keep Chloe and Goh at least they’ll spend most of their time in Paldea since they’re shilling the starters more than they did Galar when the series first came out.

Just please get rid of the home base and It’s a fair trade off.

UnovaMaster

Ash hears Goh's declaration (which will turn out to be Goh wanting to do a battle quest), Ash will stay just to help guide Goh through a battle quest as Goh takes over battling duty for the anime

BlueLight

But can anybody relate to them, at first?

A series isn't about what you just want to achieve, it's also about what you gain while moving on. Friendships and relationships (not pairings) are the most required when it comes to driving a series. Every season had the same formula, but that's what made it enjoyable. Even though the story may be a little off at times (seems like many are exaggerating them), the character development is what makes a story well done.

All I've read from comments is that the production team was terrible while making some (or many to all) episodes. And yes, the long waits too. But, to me, it was quite worth it. Though, I got to admit that some of the game characters didn't meet the expectations in the form of their anime counterparts (Like the Ash vs Steven Masters battle. I got to say it wasn't like the Steven I knew in XY, but Ash's creativity was still the same).

To me, I hardly complained when it came to a series as a whole. I did make a few complaints regarding the story of certain episodes though. In fact, I hardly cared as long as the character dynamics were the same (interesting).

Every studio makes mistakes (like countless filler episodes like those of Naruto and Naruto Shipppuden). Even though Pokemon outlasted Naruto in episode count, people still say that Naruto is better than Pokemon in terms of story. But, ironically, they also complain about the fillers of the former, since it was derived from manga, which Pokemon doesn't. It is to be noted that despite Pokemon anime being based on games, the characters are well known today. Additionally, other than criticisms regarding Ash not becoming a Pokemon Master until Alola and PWC, when those episodes (Ash's victories), many of the audience came together to criticize the episodes instead, which was not to be expected. The studio delivered but (some of) the audience didn't like it? This is unfair.

Furthermore, being a Pokemon fan, I really loved the way Pikachu (Ash's very first Pokemon) ended up defeating Leon's Charizard in an incredible fashion. I was back in college eating in the canteen (after the day ended), when I was excited watching it.

To be honest, while I don't care much about how the story goes (even though I, like everyone, gets annoyed by waiting), as long as the characters develop before they achieve their objectives (along with some comedy, seriousness and excitement, which this anime has been entertaining us with all these years), then the series isn't low in my eyes.

I will give some of my views on SM and JN after sometime, but please appreciate that the anime hasn't given up on the above mentioned factors. The studio really deserves a lot of credit.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It wasn't suitable for a series focused on multiple regions either. What's your point?
Gou specifically requires a world tour format to work properly. He's not the type to remain locked down in one region.

Status
Not open for further replies.