• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 9th: PM2019 135 - Pokémon! I Am Glad I Got To Meet You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
> Be Dawn
> Inexplicably shows up for the finals with Chloe
> Doesn't elaborate further
> Leaves as Ash and Chloe take the trip back to Kanto

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
In Dawn's defense, she's apparently cleared all the contests in all the regions, so she's probably bored senseless.

She probably came to the PWC to kill some time.
I know Buneary starts at zero base friendship but I really think she should have max happiness by now

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
I know Buneary starts at zero base friendship but I really think she should have max happiness by now
She'll only evolve when Pikachu returns her feelings in full force /j

DayQuil95

Back when I judged robotics competitions, spectators and student volunteers would constantly belittle the winning team by saying how much they could do better.
The head judge got on the microphone and told them that they were gutless, STI-infected twits who lacked the conviction to actually pick up a pen and sign up, much less actually put axles into motors.
Indeed, there are people who will be better than you. That's life, but the idea that you aren't world champion because not everyone who could participate participated is such a bad take.
And it's not like the Paul argument is even as much of a "Gotcha!" as people think it is, when Paul went out of his way to tell Ash that "If you are having trouble with me, then you will never win the Masters 8!" during their battle. I doubt he could even beat Alain or Iris being completely fair.

Back when I judged robotics competitions, spectators and student volunteers would constantly belittle the winning team by saying how much they could do better.
The head judge got on the microphone and told them that they were gutless, STI-infected twits who lacked the conviction to actually pick up a pen and sign up, much less actually put axles into motors.
Indeed, there are people who will be better than you. That's life, but the idea that you aren't world champion because not everyone who could participate participated is such a bad take.
However, the robotics competition is real life and the comparison is not even true, if you criticize something you may be right and still be better

Once I was watching the final of the soccer/football championship between schools and i was with a friend of a friend who is captain of a team from a school that did not want to participate. He was constantly criticizing how the finalist team that was champion played, they were harsh critics. 2 months later, the team of the friend who criticized un that final, defeated the reigning champions 8-1.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
This episode doesn't even feel like Ash won the big thing. Why is it that the writers always make everyone not even attempt to recognize Ash as this amazing trainer or even have him hounded by paparazzi? It's as ridiculous as him only having two fans at Alola for his big win there until someone in his OWN circle of friends has to point it out to a huge audience that he's the ****.

He's literally been praised in-series several times in recent episodes for being the Alola champion.

Satoshi isn't typically treated as a big deal because they usually don't want to send that message to their target audience, which is fine.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
However, the robotics competition is real life and the comparison is not even true, if you criticize something you may be right and still be better

Once I was watching the final of the soccer/football championship between schools and i was with a friend of a friend who is captain of a team from a school that did not want to participate. He was constantly criticizing how the finalist team that was champion played, they were harsh critics. 2 months later, the team of the friend who criticized un that final, defeated the reigning champions 8-1.
As far as I'm concerned, not having the conviction to participate and then claiming that someone's win doesn't count is on principle an act of spinelessness at best. I did not discount that there are better people in the world, but claiming that someone else's win does not count because you suddenly crowned yourself above the rules of the game is the ultimate form of prelest.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
He's literally been praised in-series several times in recent episodes for being the Alola champion.

Satoshi isn't typically treated as a big deal because they usually don't want to send that message to their target audience, which is fine.
Plus battling is a sport and a lot of people, like Koharu, don't care.

You admitting you're a child does explain the more ... questionable and strawman takes from you.
I’m not a child, but I wasn’t happy with the show even as a kid

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I’m not a child, but I wasn’t happy with the show even as a kid
Honest question - why are you still a fan then?

Or to quote Marie Kondo, "if it doesn't give you joy, get rid of it."

AJ97

And it's not like the Paul argument is even as much of a "Gotcha!" as people think it is, when Paul went out of his way to tell Ash that "If you are having trouble with me, then you will never win the Masters 8!" during their battle. I doubt he could even beat Alain or Iris being completely fair.
1) Paul battles Ash by explicitly using Pokemon owned by the Master Class Trainers and to top it off, battles using their style explicitly to train him. Despite this, he still holds his own and arguably even pushes Ash to a certain extent. This is nowhere close to full-strength Paul or his actual style. He's known for being a detail-oriented and strategic trainer who would never battle a serious opponent with such a handicap. He'd have come in prepared with an optimal team if it was him going to fight Ash at his best.

2) Diminishing Alain now to Iris's level after witnessing Leon's strength is ridiculous. A base team member of Alain got the better of G-Max Rilaboom. The same Rilaboom that destroyed more than half of Diantha's team. To top it off, Alain's base Charizard was able to one shot a Rilaboom that barely sustained any damage while Gardevoir needed 2 attacks to take it out (Despite it being far more tired after battling 4 of Diantha's pokemon).

lanmanna

*takes a long deep breath*

Each saga, Ash's stupidity varies, alongside his feel of loss.
Brock's a womanizer.
Misty became a tsundere.
Lt. Surge didn't change much...personality-wise. He was made bigger for some reason.
Erika became a judgmental ***** before she was rectified (somewhat) in Journeys.
Sabrina is a psychic nutjob.
What in god's name happened between Charmander and Charmeleon?
Blaine likes to pretend being a religious hippie.
Jasmine's shyness was completely scrapped (it's pretty much her defining trait and awkwardness around people).
Clair became oh-so changed. She became Lance's respectful superior whereas in truth she's supposed to be Lance's embarrassing hot-headed cousin. Strangely enough, when she came back during DI, her personality again changed that people could mistake her for an older Iris (OLM, make up your mind).
Fuzzy on Flannery. I don't remember if she wasn't a mess like she is in the games.
Fuzzy on Winona too.
Steven's quirkiness for rare stones and his dreamboat-like charms are not even mentioned.
As far as we know, we have no clue if Gardenia has a fear of Ghost-types.
Maylene's ditzy personality was scrapped away because Lucario user.
(Crasher) Wake has a singing career.
Mira's ditziness was scrapped
Roark's dad Byron is an embarrassing dad with a fetish for holes.
Marley's social awkwardness and quiet speech were scrapped.
Cynthia's hidden silly facts were scrapped and replaced by her once-on-a-blue moon ice cream ordering joke (why?)
OLM made Cyrus smile. That alone is way off-the-charts glaring.

...I'm not going to get into excruciating detail how basically almost every Unova character got massive changes here and there, so I'll just shorten the list by saying only Lenora is more or less intact.

Viola became a serious battler, whereas she's always trying to get a good snapshot with her camera and is a bit silly.
Korrina became basically Maylene 2.0, it's not funny. Her roller skate puns were scrapped (which is...incredible, considering the awful puns the dub likes to come up with).
YMMV on Clemont, but he certainly never had inferiority issues in the game.
Bonnie is not obsessed with forcing a marriage onto her brother, and she's supposed to be more competent at gym work than him.
Valerie's insane idea of wanting to become a Pokemon was scrapped. She's just a wide bug-eyed lady who doesn't creep anyone out.
Very minor, but Wulfric doesn't consider himself to be weak.
Lillie's lack of willpower is far less larger than what she started in the games in order to make Ash (and her brother) look more competent.
Kiawe started off as too normal before the episodes went by and he became a caricature of his game self.
Mallow's a superb chef instead of being this quirky chef (that personality went to her Brock-like brother, who's basically a failed Brock expy).
Sophocles's social anxiety was scrapped (notice how often the anime likes scrapping this kind of personality?)
Kukui is nowhere his silly self in the games nor has his verbal tic, except for his Royal Mask persona. (Also, his face looks weird.)
Sweet lord, Olivia, what have they done to you?
Acerola's happy-go-lucky attitude got taken down several notches.
Nanu is far more approachable than in the games.
Due to Hapu not going out into the world to broaden her horizons, she became extremely wary of strangers coming to her home and lacks the wisdom she was known to have.
We all know the embarrassing mom mess Lusamine turned into.
Faba is more or less taken as a silly nuisance rather than this scheming bastard trying to overthrow Lusamine, and he's a Masked Royal fan, which is pretty damning.
Hau behaves nothing like his game self does.
Gladion became discount Alain 2.0.
I'm not sure if Raihan is way too much of a Leon fanatic than in the games.
Hop is pretty much extremely underdeveloped and was reduced to a full-time fanatic for his brother.
Sonia's much more of a mess than in the games so that Goh would utterly outshine her.
We barely saw enough of Marnie to come to a conclusion.

*pants*

Honorable mention: Jealous Journeys Pikachu.

There we go. I think I got them all.
Holy crap. How long did it take to type this all up?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Since this supposedly isn't the last episode of Journeys, I doubt it's anything important enough that would warrant this level of hush-hush. I expect Underwhelm Universe.
Yep, with this preview and summary, we in fact did visit Underwhelm Universe. There is no rhyme or reason as to why they played the stall game as long as they did.

Guy100

Damn, two parter and he didn't even catch the thing, someone go check on Unova and see if he's okay lol.
Well, I remeber saying this a while back, but Project Mew was a sinking ship and it was preluded on that shipwreck painting in Ash's hotel room when Goh called him up.

Still, I tried to be optimistic and hoped he caught the thing (Mew), especially since I expected more from Goh seeing how the writers had given him a Suicune, an Eleleki, and with him catching Eternatus. That was my hype train.

Niormon

Oh I'm dumb.

If the title "I'm Glad I Got To Meet You" is Goh talking to Ash, then they're definitely going separate ways.
If it was really Just that Kazuniya episode 135 would have been the last episode but it isn't the last episode, do they really need another episode to say Good bye and go different places? I think not

edit what I'm saying is your not dumb and your original conclusion was spot on

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
If it was really Just that Kazuniya episode 135 would have been the last episode but it isn't the last episode, do they really need another episode to say Good bye and go different places? I think not
Yeah, they alread did that temporarily anyway, before the finals. I honestly think that leaving was their way of having one at all since Goh isn't leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.