1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

December 9th: SM100 - The Lightning that Blocks Wind! Its Name is Zeraora!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

By pure chance, Satoshi and Pikachu end up running into Kapu-Kokeko. They challenge it to a battle, but immediately afterwards, they find themselves in an unknown location. There, they meet a young man and the "Thunderclap Pokémon" Zeraora.

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
    Storyboard 樋口香里 (Kaori Higuchi)
    Episode Director 小柴純弥 (Junya Koshiba)
    Animation Director 矢田木瀧 (Taki Yatagi)
    Animation Director 伊藤典子 (Noriko Ito)

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_sunmoon/

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  2. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

Another Mythical in the main SM anime? We've got another one since Marshadow's cameo appearance eariler in SM. Would be great if Tapu Koko had a battle with Zeraora.

3. santiagus

santiagus You whanna know. ¿WHY?

Mark my words

"This guy is going to beat Ash at the Pokémon league"

Santiagus 07/11/2018

4. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 The Meltanzord

I don't really know what to expect with that summary. Seems all over the place tbh.

5. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi You'll Never See it Coming!

Dream crusher is here folks!!

6. Rock Captain 99

Rock Captain 99 Well-Known Member

Zeraora in the main anime!! Probably team Skull should go for it, otherwise introducing them was a waste if they were meant for nothing!!

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  7. Akkipeddi

Lol what's Team Skull needed for in this case, and those losers getting a Zeraora? The summary anyway seems to confirm that this Zeraora belongs to a trainer, who I'm predicting will be the league dream crusher (we even saw Pikachu vs Zeraora in the opening, so I think whoever this character is, he and Zeraora will be recurring).

8. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja The FullMetal Alchemist

Zeraoro appearing in the main anime?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek: Never saw it coming after it appeared in M21 already.

Hmm, a Pikachu/Tapu Koko rematch finally after about an 81 episode gap, and this Zeraora seems like having a trainer too. Have to say that from the info so far the episode seems to be really intriguing. :)

9. xEryChan

xEryChan Queen of Fashion Staff Member Moderator

Finally, after how many episodes, we are getting a rematch between Pikachu and Tapu Koko. Also, Zeraora is appearing in the anime as well? Heck yes! I’m so excited for this episode.

10. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

After seeing the summary i cannot help but have a fantasy match between tapu koko vs zeraora, who will win?

11. Akkipeddi

Probably Zeraora. It has Volt Absorb, so Tapu Koko can't inflict any damage that way

12. 345ash-greninja

Well now that I think of it, @Akkipeddi is right. This Zeraora is probably the Zeraora Pikachu is shown going up against in opening. The Zeraora in the opening isn't a M21 reference most likely as it seems now, Zeraora is likely gonna be Pikachu's rival (in the opening Rowlet and Torracat go up against their rivals, Dusk Lycanroc also seemingly goes up against its rival in Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc, and then Pikachu goes up against Zeraora). Plus, the summary also heavily indicates that the Zeraora has a trainer too, which further supports the point.

I have a strong feeling that the dude mentioned in the summary who seems to be Zeraora's trainer is gonna be the potential dream crusher for Ash in the Alolan League.

13. xEryChan

xEryChan Queen of Fashion Staff Member Moderator

That makes a lot of sense. After Tobias, I wouldn’t put it past the writers to have Ash lose the league to a trainer that has legendaries. At least he is making his debut now, instead of at the Alola League.

14. ash&charizardfan

At least he would then have a chance of beating gladion and his silvally this way unlike the trolling they did in XY with alain, i would take tobias like trainer anyday, atleast it would make ash look good.Besides SM ash don't have many powerhouses so that trainer doesn't need to have multiple legendaries.

15. Akkipeddi

Inb4 this trainer blitzes Ash with Zeraora and Melmetal as well.
    If this trainer turns out to be the dream crusher, then that means he's the Alain of this series. Gladion looks all tough, but I always expected Ash to beat him in the league, since he's the primary rival of this series, and Ash always beats his primary rivals.

16. Dragalge

Dragalge Boltrom

Charizard vs Reshiram was a good battle! Opening was nice telling us that!

17. ash&charizardfan

Yeah it was such a great battle that no one saw that ever happening, or it was finished in an instant.

Dragalge and 04n70n10 like this.
  18. 04n70n10

04n70n10 Well-Known Member

So, Tobias' little brother has a Zeraora then, LOL.
    THE DREAM....... (ends here)

19. 345ash-greninja

Yeah, I think it's being done better than Tobias, because Tobias appeared in the Sinnoh League out of absolutely nowhere as a dream crusher so it felt like a cop-out. It's always better to have the OP dream crushers appear once/twice so that they don't feel like much of cop out.

Well with this dude being the potential dream crusher in the League I could definitely see Ash beating Gladion and his Silvally. Obviously way better than making Ash lose pretty much everytime against Alain by seemingly developing a rivalry against him and making it seem like as if Ash would finally beat Alain someday. That's what leads to an enormous outburst of salt like how it was after the Kalos League.

20. DuquÊ?

DuquÊ? Too lazy to pick a pic

Screencap that, so you will have a proof when the league comes. Also, since pikachu it's fighting it in the OP, it's possible... except OPs are known for be very, very misleading.