• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 9th: SM100 - The Lightning that Blocks Wind! Its Name is Zeraora!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
First Electivire, then Excadrill, and now Zeraora... The writers sure like to write battles Pikachu is heavily disfavored in thanks to his lackluster moveset. Quick Attack and Iron Tail can only take you so far. On the bright side, Normalium Z might find Pikachu again if Ash showcases the brain he's had in important battles up to this point.

Red and Blue

Too bad for that four move limit. And Zeraora could be Pikachu's rival meaning Ash won't use any other Pokemon against it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
But I don't think Breakneck Blitz will get a KO but it can do serious damage to Zeraora at the most. It will be based off a weaker Normal-type attack so it likely won't do a lot of damage. But it seems that Iron Tail might do decent damage due to it because resistances aren't taken into account in the anime. And due to Volt Absorb, Pikachu won't be able to damage it with half of its moveset and rather heal Zeraora.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Breakneck Blitz/Quick Attack are going to end up in the same position as Thunderbolt/Electro Web as Zeraora's signature move makes Normal Type moves Electric Type

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Breakneck Blitz/Quick Attack are going to end up in the same position as Thunderbolt/Electro Web as Zeraora's signature move makes Normal Type moves Electric Type
Cannot unhear 'Iron Tail' in this episode. I think that Pikachu will be able to use Quick Attack on it at first but Zeraora later uses Plasma Fists when Pikachu uses Breakneck Blitz so that it heals itself.

Ashfahad123

Assalamualaikum
Pikachu not being much effective, due to its moveset, against Zeraora, maybe Ash will teach it a new move from the that was introduced in LGP&E.

Hmmm... Can Pikachu learn Baddy Bad? :D

Red and Blue

Pikachu not being much effective, due to its moveset, against Zeraora, maybe Ash will teach it a new move from the that was introduced in LGP&E.

Hmmm... Can Pikachu learn Baddy Bad? :D
Maybe it's time for Iron Tail to go. Might keep Electroweb for a few more gens.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Maybe it's time for Iron Tail to go. Might keep Electroweb for a few more gens.

Iron tail cannot go, its the main move with which pikachu has beaten the opponents normally it would be weak against. Besides it gives pikachu some multi dimension in attack as well, otherwise he was pretty average and one dimensional battler in OS.

fukamaru

So ash will get top 8 or top 4 and will be destroyed by zeraora. Thnx for spoiler.
The worst saga of all anime (characters, pokemon development, too much fillers)

DatsRight

Can I just say that in spite of the heavy neglect of development in teams and training this series, I'm not actually bored. I can sit through nearly any story and enjoy myself because in spite of the long term development being undercooked, they still bother to make the characters and the plots they're in fun, something that wasn't always true in the more tightly written series.

Yes I would like the companions to have better developed teams, but if it's just to put them in generic formulas like beating up Team Rocket rather than giving them a character or agency to be invested in them then it's no better a direction. I like Ash's Alolan four over nearly all his Pokemon in Kalos for example.

Oh but Ash will lose the league to some established OP rival people can see a mile away, and that never was the case in every previous series?

Red and Blue

Iron tail cannot go, its the main move with which pikachu has beaten the opponents normally it would be weak against. Besides it gives pikachu some multi dimension in attack as well, otherwise he was pretty average and one dimensional battler in OS.
Well if it learns Double Kick or one of its Let's Go moves that could still allow it to defeat Pokemon that it has a disadvantage against.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
*Sigh*... Well I guess I’ll to watch this and SM 97 since I’m a nerd obsessed with tiering Ash’s Pokémon. I will say though that I hope Ash learns about just how much Zeraora hard-counters Pikachu. Not only will electric type attacks heal Zeraora (and that includes Z-moves), but potentially so will Quick Attack since Zeraora has Plasma Fists which will result in Quick Attack becoming an electric type attack. Bascailly 3 of Pikachu’s moves and his Z-move are neutralized leaving him with only an ineffective Iron Tail... yeah this would be a pretty horrible match-up if it came to pass.
on the bright side, if he ever wins against zeraora with this moveset without a thunder armor-tier asspull, it'd be a peakachu moment (as well as both a smart and very stupid moment for ash if it's during the league and he has any other alternative other than using pikachu)

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Plot Twist: The guy with a Zeraora is an Ash from another universe and he wins the league. In other words, Ash wins the league, but he doesn't.

In all seriousness, I want to say they want to give main anime recognition to the main series with a mythical since the movies have taken to their own direction, but I'm not sure this is the proper set up. In fact, this feels like Tapu Koko is pulling a Princess Celestia and forcing Ash to solve a friendship problem.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Oh, so the opening wasn't movie promotion after all!

I question why even put Mythicals in the movies if all they're going to do is appear in the anime later, but at least Zeraora's anime appearance won't be a cameo like Marshadow's was.

It's pretty much tradition now to have a Mythical appear in a Pokemon movie.

D

Deleted member 384931

Lol isnt it sad? People can already say how Ash will lose the league. I thought the writers said SM wouldnt be predictable.

NitroLightningFlash

Ah i'm guessing Tapu Koko shows up again, Ash and Pikachu want to battle him, but somehow they wind up somewhere else...how do they do that??

Is this the Zeroara from the opening? It's awesome Zeraora is here, but i wonder how the guy caught a legendary Pokemon unless he's another 'Tobias?'...ok maybe not, as i feel Zeraora may be this guys only legendary Pokemon....unless it's trainer IS Tobias? Just joking hehe x3

I have a feeling Ash and Pikachu will want to challenge the man and Zeraora (and wasn't Pikachu the one shown battling it in the opening?)

I'm calling it like some other people here that this could be the guy who defeats Ash and/or wins the whole Alola League xD

Red and Blue

So after taking a look at the guy, yeah he is definitely dream crusher material. Ash better hope he doesn't show up at the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.