• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

uber gon

Accept Change
Translation sticky updated. Platinum's encountered Candice, Pearl's found himself at the Fuego Ironworks, and Dia is still loofing around, somehow. Good to see another game character given a unique face in the TCG cards appear in the manga, Hamana (Roseanne), the assistant of Prof. Rowan.

Coronis~

Wonder if any other card characters will be in the animé?

Paperfairy

Pokémon Capture Pro
Well, to be fair, most of the game characters are pretty boring.

Younger Joey, the first trainer in GSC aside from the Rival, is developed into an entire character throughout Special. MANY characters that are normally just trainers get HUGE development. Fisherman Wilton, just to name another.

darklord18

I just hop we see Mira and the other tag partner. (why should Riley appear in the manga while the other don't?)
Also did anyone else notice that in top pictures in with the lady Forgot her name, there was a guy with what to like a Abra on his head?

Maxim

Beyond repair
I know. What I'm saying is the manga makes these character interesting; it's not like the NPC's instantly are cool just by appearing.

Yes, they are. Especially if they don't have Sugimori Artworks, so we can get a sight of them.

Jade

Myuu...
Cheryl, Mira, Buck and Marley should be in the Manga somehow.

I can see Marley take part in Shaymin part... and Buck would be around during the last Galactic takeover of Stark.

Did they specify whether the Platinum clothes are just a temporary on Platina because of the cold, or are they going to have it for the rest of the series for the other two by implementing the Platinum game event things now that they've gotten to the snow gym?

outrageddranger

Pokemon Freak
>"<

Did they specify whether the Platinum clothes are just a temporary on Platina because of the cold, or are they going to have it for the rest of the series for the other two by implementing the Platinum game event things now that they've gotten to the snow gym?

By this time, I think Galactic has finished some schemes so that would fit the Platinum setting now. Probably the other 2 will get the warm clothes soon.

Riley is different from the other partner NPCs because he appears in a MAJOR movie (exactly same clothes and Pokemon). Still, I think the rest can make cameos or supporting characters later.

Diamond's attention he is given up until now is nothing compared to Red's domination in the first season. I guess it is the artists' style. In GSC, Gold is the one that appeared most (he is the hero considering that he released Celebii and warmed's Pryce's heart, isn't he?). In RS, Ruby has a massive emotional development compared to Sapphire (from the battle with Norman to Mimi's runaway to his speech addressing to Mimi prior to its evolution). Yellow and Emerald don't count because they are not from the original games. In short, only the male character that player can choose from the beginning is the main protagonist of the series.

I don't think another Luxray's evolutionary line will appear in Pearl's team considering that the species has already made its appearance. Moreover, Luxray is already shown with one of the Commanders and if it is to appear again, it should be with the last Gym Leader.

Wingull is pretty speedy but the thought of a fast Pelipper is rather hard to take in. I would welcome Pachiritsu to Pearl's team though, seeing that it is cute and has been marked rare in every TCG set it is in.

Mika555

I am glad that Candice appeared and we get to see the discussion between her and Platinum next month. I also wonder if Platinum will catch any Pokemon next month or undergo intense training.

Pearl might also have a battle with Team Galatic. I agree with the people earlier about Jupiter appearing in the Pokemon Special. I mean Mars and Saturn appeared already and I think that Jupiter should too. I can understand why Pluto has not appeared yet because he is a new character in Pokemon Platinum, but it is most likely that he will make an appearance in the Pokemon Speical also.

I wonder if it will start to snow across Sinnoh like it did in Pokemon Platinum. The Sinnoh Elite Four with the expection of Cynthia have not appeared yet. I wonder if Dia and Pearl will have a double-battled with Flint battle Volkner and Flint like their game counterparts did in the artwork picture.

Do you think that Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum go to the Sinnoh Battle Frontier together or one of them goes along. The writer will probably be most likely make Pearl who will go there since Palmer, one of the Sinnoh Frontier Brains his father not unless Pearl meet up wit Palmer someplace else. I can imagine when Pearl will be furious because Palmer did not tell him his current location.

Shinneth

Fail-Leader!
Huh... I didn't think about it before, but if they did let Platina catch some Pokemon while she's en route to Snowpoint, it'd be a perfect time for her to catch something like a Snorunt (or if they don't want to invest time in evolution, Froslass). Froslass would really suit Platina well. Someone other than Diamond needs to catch a new Pokemon already.

Hope they do the outfit change for Platina next month~!

More than likely, Platinum will have a gym battle with Candice.

Eh, I think Jupiter will appear soon. I'm not sure about Pluto though. I hope he appears. (maybe even some rotom forms.)

Maybe the colder weather will start to affect Sinnoh. ANd I also think the Elite Four will appear soon.

Healing-D-Vision

The Road of Life
Call me crazy, but it may take a page out of the other D/P story(with Hareta)

I personally think that he(Pluto) may appear in the next story(possibly the one dealing with the New BF? It could be a Possible Galactic revival subplot. It does fit, seeing after the Dialga/Palkia incident and possible E4/Sinnoh tourney, it plays right into it, much like the games.)

again, just speculation.and I dunno if it was brought up before, as I haven't read the whole thread

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Some brief summaries of this month's chapters, pics next time :)

Grade 4:
Dia is on his way to return all the stuff 'collected' by Lickilicky in the last chapter, but for the robot toy of Proteinman Omega, the owner actually says she wanted to discard it in the first place, so Dia claims it his own, and on playing the dysfunctioned robot, it goes astray and 'flies' into the backyard of the Berlitz's mansion. Dia tours around the place until he is confronted by Sebastian, who attacks him with Weepinbell, Chinchous, and Tyrogues. He then discovers that Dia is one of the two companions travelling with the Lady (he already learnt about the latest revelations from Canalave), and so he treats Dia to a feast.

Next doors, Roseanne is trying to find a missing report. She goes outside for some fresh air, but finds herself surrounded by a swarm of Yanmegas. There is only one day left before Team Galactic will attack the lakes. Oh, and it's starting to snow in Sandgem.

Grade 5:
Pearl climbs up a cliff which enables him to see the helicopters take off from the Galactic Eterna Building with a pair of binoculars. He climbs down the cliff but is attacked by two Wingulls, who are trying to protect an injured one. The air current created by the helicopter blows the nest away, and Pearl dives out to catch it, before being rescued by Chimlord. He then finds himself standing in front of the Fuego Ironworks, where he spots the TG symbol on one of the certificates inside. Suddenly someone appears behind him, and Pearl says 'You!!?'. (no, we don't even see a silhouette, so we have nothing to base our speculation on :p)

Grade 6:
Platinum is trying to ski on Route 216, and the man with an Abra is trying to teach her, using Abra's Teleport to send her back to safety whenever she's about to crash, but she goes astray too much and finally crashes, her ski board landing on a wild Graveler and angering it. Three Gravelers attack, and are finally warded off by Empoleon. Platinum faints against the cold, and is saved by Candice's Abomasnow. Groggily, Platinum sees that Candice is wearing thin clothes too, but Candice simply laughs and says it is important to wear cute clothes no matter the weather. Later, Platinum wakes up at the house she's staying in, and sees the poster on the wall, which is an ad by Candice to challengers to her Gym. Candice calls herself the diamond dust girl. We also see the winter clothes of Platinum wrapped up in a plastic bag.

Coronis~

Last edited:
Some brief summaries of this month's chapters, pics next time :)

Grade 4:
Dia is on his way to return all the stuff 'collected' by Lickilicky in the last chapter, but for the robot toy of Proteinman Omega, the owner actually says she wanted to discard it in the first place, so Dia claims it his own, and on playing the dysfunctioned robot, it goes astray and 'flies' into the backyard of the Berlitz's mansion. Dia tours around the place until he is confronted by Sebastian, who attacks him with Weepinbell, Chinchous, and Tyrogues. He then discovers that Dia is one of the two companions travelling with the Lady (he already learnt about the latest revelations from Canalave), and so he treats Dia to a feast.

Next doors, Roseanne is trying to find a missing report. She goes outside for some fresh air, but finds herself surrounded by a swarm of Yanmegas. There is only one day left before Team Galactic will attack the lakes. Oh, and it's starting to snow in Sandgem.

Grade 5:
Pearl climbs up a cliff which enables him to see the helicopters take off from the Galactic Eterna Building with a pair of binoculars. He climbs down the cliff but is attacked by two Wingulls, who are trying to protect an injured one. The air current created by the helicopter blows the nest away, and Pearl dives out to catch it, before being rescued by Chimlord. He then finds himself standing in front of the Fuego Ironworks, where he spots the TG symbol on one of the certificates inside. Suddenly someone appears behind him, and Pearl says 'You!!?'. (no, we don't even see a silhouette, so we have nothing to base our speculation on :p)

Grade 6:
Platinum is trying to ski on Route 216, and the man with an Abra is trying to teach her, using Abra's Teleport to send her back to safety whenever she's about to crash, but she goes astray too much and finally crashes, her ski board landing on a wild Graveler and angering it. Three Gravelers attack, and are finally warded off by Empoleon. Platinum faints against the cold, and is saved by Candice's Abomasnow. Groggily, Platinum sees that Candice is wearing thin clothes too, but Candice simply laughs and says it is important to wear cute clothes no matter the weather. Later, Platinum wakes up at the house she's staying in, and sees the poster on the wall, which is an ad by Candice to challengers to her Gym. Candice calls herself the diamond dust girl. We also see the winter clothes of Platinum wrapped up in a plastic bag.

Coronis~

Cool~ The snow it's starting~
(funny, it started snowing here too....:/ )

We'll just let our imaginations speculate for us~ :p

And we were right about the clothes change too.

Woo~

Bueno~

Brazilian Trainer
I wish we had snow here =´(

I think Pearl found his father! =O

Mika555

So it does start to snow and the temperature is going to drop drastically, which is a reference to Pokemon Platinum video game. It is a possibility that the person Pearl saw could be his father, but we will have to wait until next month to be sure. Also I wonder when Pearl and Platinum are going to catch some Pokemon? I keep thinking about the possible Pokemon that they could catch.

Maxim

Beyond repair
Why do you guys call Berlitz Platinum? Platina suits her more. Platinum sounds like a boy's name.

That's right!

I also don't get why everyone switched from Platina to Platinum for no apparent reason.

Not to mention that Latin suffix -um indicates Neuter Gender! So, by calling Berlitz "Platinum", you indicate she's genderless. And we all know that Platina is a girl, so please don't wound her by calling her "Platinum". Leave her feminity alone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.