• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Pong

Cousin Of Gold
I don't think that really matters, but I like Platina better.

Mika555

There are also male characters in the Pokemon Special manga that have female names such as Ruby, Emerald, and Pearl and a very few people complains about that or say that we should say the names in other language where they names sound mascline. Though there English name is feminie though it might be mascline in other language and vice versa. The same goes for Platinum which is genderless in English, but the word is femine in some languages. Also the official English translations did not say what name they were going to use yet. Platinum is genderless because that is how English words are and are made like that with the expection of words that end in 'ess' unlike Latin words that end in 'o' for mascline and 'a' for feminie. For example in the 'Platinum' word in Spanish is 'Platino', but you word replace the 'o' with an 'a' to make it Platina because it is the standards of that language to change a mascline name to a feminine.

By the way I am a girl not a guy so do not say that I do not know what I am talking about and I really do not mind people calling Berlitz, Platina either.

Last edited:

Dragon Rider

That's no moon...
There are also male characters in the Pokemon Special manga that have female names such as Ruby, Emerald, and Pearl and a very few people complains about that or say that we should say the names in other language where they names sound mascline. Though there English name is feminie though it might be mascline in other language and vice versa. The same goes for Platinum which is genderless in English, but the word is femine in some languages. Also the official English translations did not say what name they were going to use yet. Platinum is genderless because that is how English words are and are made like that with the expection of words that end in 'ess' unlike Latin words that end in 'o' for mascline and 'a' for feminie. For example in the 'Platinum' word in Spanish is 'Platino', but you word replace the 'o' with an 'a' to make it Platina because it is the standards of that language to change a mascline name to a feminine.

By the way I am a girl not a guy so do not say that I do not know what I am talking about and I really do not mind people calling Berlitz, Platina either.

Very interesting. I'd always thought that "platinum" was a somewhat masculine word, but I guess not. Ahhh, my inner etymology geek is fascinated :)

I have to agree with Mr.Pong, though, Platina just appeals more to my... sense of aesthetics, I guess it'd be?

-Hayward-

Ronin Harrier
Tomato, to-mah-to...

Potato, po-tah-to...

Platina, Platinum...

To me she'll always be "The Lady."

*sigh*

;)

outrageddranger

Pokemon Freak
So it does start to snow and the temperature is going to drop drastically, which is a reference to Pokemon Platinum video game. It is a possibility that the person Pearl saw could be his father, but we will have to wait until next month to be sure. Also I wonder when Pearl and Platinum are going to catch some Pokemon? I keep thinking about the possible Pokemon that they could catch.

Hm.. I don't think he would appear that fast, I guess he is the Battle Tower Tycoon. He would appear in the next arc I suppose, where all the 13 Dex holders appear for the new Sinnoh Frontier challenge (anyone notices that the number of Dex holders at the moment is the bad luck number?)

Platinum will probably catch the next Pokemon I think. If she receives an Eevee during her stay, she will evolve it to Glaceon with the Ice Rock nearby for sure.

Platinum or Platina are both fine to me but probably we'll have some short forms for reading convenience, just like Crystal into Crys, Emerald into Rald (let us remember that the Platinum game is on the vein of Crystal and Emerald)

Jade

Myuu...
well
this is japanese manga
so 13 is not a bad luck number
4 is.

sneschurch

so the Yellow saga brings bad juju? Wait what makes 13 such a bad number anyways?

Anyways I like how the manga tries to answer blatant obvious questions based on apparent loop holes in the games. I'm happy to know that someone else in the production line wonders how an Ice trainer who raises Ice type pokemon would adorn herself in super thin apparel. I know most people don't care about these things but it does help make the pokemon world seem somewhat more believable and consistant.

JFate

Travelling Trainer
Yeah, I love how this manga gives sense to the queationables in the game, especially certain attack commands like 'Roar' and 'Grudge'. And also how the evil organizations are not bland and pathetically weak xP.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
I'm afraid there aren't many interesting pics this month.

Grade 4:
The Proteinman Omega robot going berserk
Dia and Lee hit by Weenpinbell's Gastro Acid
Then by Chinchous' Water Pulse
Lee gets confused because its Own Tempo was disabled by Gastro Acid
Roseanne and the swarm of Yanmegas

Grade 5:
Chatlord using Pluck
The Wingulls alternate their take on Chatlod while the other heals by Roost
Chimlord catches Pearl who caught the nest
The TG emblem on an 'Ordering Form' at the Fuego Ironworks
The silhouette cropping up behind Pearl

Grade 6:
The skier's Abra using Teleport on Platinum, but she quickly charges down again
Empoleon sending a blast of snow to calm the wild Gravelers
Candice stating that she thought Platinum was a companion when she saw her thin clothes
The owner lady of the Snowbound Lounge and Platinum's new winter clothes
A gym advertisement featuring Candice

The Netkun site has updated its mini news section (accessible by clicking the green button on the main page), showing snippets of Volume 29 as well as its cover in full colour (we can see that they've added Jirachi now). There's this pic of the 10 Dex Holders with their starters, very much like the one near the end of the GSC series, and it seems like Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald are taking lead this time just like how Gold, Silver and Crys were before.

Moreover, it stated that there will be more than 80 pages of new material in Volume 29, which together with the already existing 100+ pages uncompiled, will likely make up the entire volume. On the other hand, Volume 30 will be released on Xmas day, 25/12, less than one month from 29. The DP series should begin its compilation then.

Coronis~

Last edited:

ShinyPalkia

So they do get new clothes, neat. ^_^ Btw, pretty odd that Candice looks exactly same in the gym advertisement than in the drawing that Sugimori made. Well, I hope the silhouette belongs to Jupiter. She really should appear.

outrageddranger

Pokemon Freak

Grade 4:

Grade 5:
Chatlord using Pluck

Grade 6:
Candice stating that she thought Platinum was a companion when she saw her thin clothes

The Netkun site has updated its mini news section (accessible by clicking the green button on the main page), showing snippets of Volume 29 as well as its cover in full colour (we can see that they've added Jirachi now). There's this pic of the 10 Dex Holders with their starters, very much like the one near the end of the GSC series, and it seems like Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald are taking lead this time just like how Gold, Silver and Crys were before.

Moreover, it stated that there will be more than 80 pages of new material in Volume 29, which together with the already existing 100+ pages uncompiled, will likely make up the entire volume. On the other hand, Volume 30 will be released on Xmas day, 25/12, less than one month from 29. The DP series should begin its compilation then.

Coronis~

Thanks for the udpates Coronis, it is good to see all ten of them standing together (very cool but I notice that it has been a little bit overcrowded already). The DPPt arc should have its first volume published on the same day with the last volume of Emerald (so we can be like, "Yay! Double volume!"). The chapters available can make up one book, can't them?

Hm... there are more materials for Emerald arc, the battle agains Guile Hideout must be a heated altercation (with personal struggles, team-building moments and shipping I'm sure).

Platinum gets new clothes but I wonder when the boys are going to get theirs...

Grade 4:

Grade 5:
Chatlord using Pluck

Grade 6:

Coronis~

Awesome~ thanks Coronis.

I'm guessing the boys might get a clothes change soon. (since you said it already started to snow in Sandgem Town.)

(also, I like your new Sig.)

I'm starting to like the new cover too.~

VideoFan9864

Wow exciting. But on the teasers Red, and Gold are missing and the two pikachus are too:D But regardless its just 11 days away.

Mika555

More than likely, Platinum will have a gym battle with Candice.

Eh, I think Jupiter will appear soon. I'm not sure about Pluto though. I hope he appears. (maybe even some rotom forms.)

Maybe the colder weather will start to affect Sinnoh. ANd I also think the Elite Four will appear soon.

Speaking of Rotom I wonder the mystery of the Old Chateau will be solved since the creature in the summary seems to fit Rotom’s description. Do you think that Dia, Pearl, and Platinum would half to comeback and investigated eventually to find out it secrets? On Bulbapedia It said that it is implied that Pluto lived in the Old Chateau. Some people also said that it is hinted Gardenia use to live there too. So do you think there is a connection between the two and the ghosts? These are assumption though and Bulbpedia is not really a reliable website, but I wonder if that are going to incoporate this theory in the Pokemon Special I know that the Pokespecial sometimes explains things that are not clear in the video games.

I am also excited about when the Emerald Volume 29 comes out and the battle that takes place in it. Unfortunately they do not sell the Pokemon manga where I live at and I have to read it on online manga websites and I also come to serebii to read the summaries. I am still have not finished read Volume 28 on the internet yet.

I also hope Pearl and Platinum catch some Pokemon next mouth. So Platinum got her new clothes so Dia and Pearl might get their new clothes soon, but Pearl game counterpart's clothes does not seem to have change much in Pokemon Platinum so he will probably get sweater identical to his game counterpart instead of entirely new clothes unless the manga writer alters the clothing somehow.

Last edited:

-Hayward-

Ronin Harrier

Grade 4:

Grade 5:
Chatlord using Pluck

Grade 6:

Coronis~

Thank you very much, Coronis-dono. I, for one, can not wait to find out how Emerald will end. I am in agreement with those who posted above about the amazingness of the group shot on the Netkun website.

Rex Kamex

Not to mention that Latin suffix -um indicates Neuter Gender! So, by calling Berlitz "Platinum", you indicate she's genderless. And we all know that Platina is a girl, so please don't wound her by calling her "Platinum". Leave her feminity alone.

The English equivilant for "Pu-ra-chi-na" is "Platinum." Not that you can't use "Platina", but Platinum's her English equivalent name.

I've used both "Platinum" and "Platina", but only used "Platina" because it soundsd feminine.

But because we know that Berlitz is not feminine, does it really matter that people call her "Platinum"? (Even though more people have started saying "Platinum" more often than they used to.)

outrageddranger said:
Platinum or Platina are both fine to me but probably we'll have some short forms for reading convenience, just like Crystal into Crys, Emerald into Rald (let us remember that the Platinum game is on the vein of Crystal and Emerald)

That only happened with Crystal and Diamond (Diamond especially because his name used six characters.) I don't remember the manga ever calling Emerald Rald.

Also, they wouldn't shorten "Pu-ra-chi-na" because that name is four characters, just like Yellow's, Gold's, and Green's. (Sapphire's had five characters, and it wasn't shortened, but oh well.)

outrageddranger

Pokemon Freak
That only happened with Crystal and Diamond (Diamond especially because his name used six characters.) I don't remember the manga ever calling Emerald Rald.

Also, they wouldn't shorten "Pu-ra-chi-na" because that name is four characters, just like Yellow's, Gold's, and Green's. (Sapphire's had five characters, and it wasn't shortened, but oh well.)

Singapore Publisher Chuangyi publishes Pokemon Adventures in English and I read the Emerald Arc in English. When Todd the reporter asked Latias about Emerald, she answered addressing Emerald "Rald" (if my memory serves me well, I don't have the book here).

Rex Kamex

Singapore Publisher Chuangyi publishes Pokemon Adventures in English and I read the Emerald Arc in English. When Todd the reporter asked Latias about Emerald, she answered addressing Emerald "Rald" (if my memory serves me well, I don't have the book here).

I see. I've never seen the Japanese manga call him "Rald."

Ryan Cheong

Wow!!! Platina finally gets her new Platinum outfit! Thank you so much, Coronis. Who says it's not interest? It's very interesting to me ;) Anyway, the cover is very nice! I saw it and cut it out.

Sird

Johto native
The DP series is starting to bore me. Seriously.

Anyway. Archie looks downright evil in that preview! :DDD

I also wonder if they placed the banner on the book cover to hide something. Hmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.