• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Sorry that my scanner is going haywire on me today, so I couldn't put up the BW pics yet. But I've gotten Grade 4's December issue, which concluded the HGSS arc and started on the BW arc.

=================================================
HGSS:
Petrel recalls how Archer got mad at him for losing the two Plates to Silver previously, and when Petrel masqueraded himself inside the TR base as Silver (for no particular reason), Jagura (who was jailed up) told him that Silver was Giovanni's son. Silver's reaction to the mentioning of Giovanni's name made Petrel convinced that the fact is true, and he used Golbat's lick to blind Silver, then kept him hostage.

The reason is that, when Giovanni returns and see what Archer, Ariana and Proton have done to his son, he would destroy them, which leaves Petrel behind (who's pretending to protect Silver). In this case, Petrel would have the chance to become the second-in-charge of Team Rocket in the future.

Silver is upset that his fate is once again linked to Team Rocket, and he breaks free from Petrel, and despite having lost his vision, throws himself towards Arceus and the materializing Sinnoh dragons. The Four Generals send out all their Pokemon to try to stop him.

Crys wants to help, but Gold reveals that Silver has secretly left behind his Feraligatr before flying off, and Crys realizes that Silver is just trying to distract the Four Generals for the Ultimate Attacks. And so, the three starters were sent out, and each Ultimate Attack manages to de-materialize one of the Sinnoh dragons, leaving only Arceus behind.

Arceus turns to the Four Generals, and after giving off a blinding flash, make them all disappear, leaving only the bag of Plates behind. One by one, the Plates re-enter Arceus's body, and the GSC trio stand next to each other in front of the now 'complete' Pokemon God again.

BW:
Story starts out as a commercial shooting for the Live Caster by the TV station, and it turns out that the female protagonist, White, owns a company called the BW Agency. This Agency supplies Pokemon for any commercial purposes, be it TV, stage drama, movies, posters, ads, and it seems like White has access to quite a huge selection of Pokemon (she is seen with Minezumi, Yorteri, Mamepeto, Koromori and Meguroko here).

Suddenly, a boy's voice interrupts the shooting, and it is the male protagonist, Black, yelling towards the sea to voice out his aspiration to become the master trainer, to beat the Elite 4 and Champion. He owns a Pokabu, Munna and Wargle.

The commercial director is planning on the shooting for tomorrow, and believes that White should have the Pokemon requested, a male and female Pokabu. However, it turns out that there was some miscommunication, and White only managed to bring a female Pokabu. While she is being distressed, Black's Pokabu notices White's Pokabu inside its Pokeball. He releases her out and they both dance around to play.

White sees this and gets the idea and recruit Black to help her out the next day. Suddenly, several of the crew collapsed on the site, and the director thinks that it is Black being the culprit. Black proves his innocence by helping out, and using Munna to sit on his head (so as to clear his mind, by eating his daydreams?), he gets a honeycomb like vision (pretty much how the C-Gear screen appears), and manages to identify a silhouette lurking under the ground.

Black notices the thin thread that is running across the field and is electric charged, which caused the crew to get electrocuted and faint. He uses Pokabu's flames to trace its source, and by putting on a pair on insulating gloves, he gets help from Wargle and pulls out the culprit, a Denchura.

Denchura sends out an extensive web to trap them, but Pokabu uses this to its advantage, and sends an Ember courseing back to Denchura, fainting it. The director is still mad a Black for burning up their cameras as well, but White tells him to charge it to her Agency, as she is making Black one of her employees.

Behind them, N is seen with teary eyed, stating that there are Pokemon being used by humans everywhere...

So, basically, HGSS ended with a poof. Giovanni didn't come back, Dialga/Palkia/Giratina were dispersed by the same old Ultimate Attacks, and the Four Generals just disappeared. Granted, we will see some extension in the volumes since Silver is technically still blind by the end of the chapter. Oh well.

BW on the other hand is looking promising. I don't know if White is going to keep that female Pokabu with her as it's only one of her many 'commercial' Pokemon. If she does, it means both Black and White will have a Pokabu as their starters. Seems like the writers are giving Tsutarja and Mijumaru to Belle and Cheren afterall.

Coronis~

Darkxninga

^__^ thanks for the nice summary coro! :D and its okay that your scanner isnt working, dont worry about it~ just take your time! (i know the feeling of when your scanner/printer isnt working T_T...when you need it....it makes you want to put it in a grinder!)

wow the HGSS ended faster than i predicted but i know i'll enjoy it once i get my paws on it (and the past volumes)! O_O IS SILVER BLIND FOREVER D: NUUUUUUUUU! WHY?!...T__T i hope his vision comes back... the ending of hgss...is...weird... i give it a 6.5/10 so far. When it's in volume forum it might increase or not.
i cant believe white owns a company o.o, you go trucker girl! Black sounds awesome in this one~ the sentence of N getting teary eyed made me lol irl xD a few times....hehehe. O_O i hope both game prog.s dont get the same starter -_- that [would] suck. If belle and cheren get the other starters i wont mind but...i was hoping for an OC (hey it was possible...)or N(yes i knew it was very unlikely but.. it woulda been cwooool..) to get the water starter. Does that mean that they broke the "cycle" of starters?! T_T ........ ......-sniffal-.... oh well... v_v....cant wait to see the scanlets....

Last edited:

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Wow thanks Coronis for the awesome updates! :D I'm sorry about your scanner, but no rush, just get them up whenever you can. The good news is by tomorrow or the next day the official PokeSpecial site should update with some of these new images anyway.~

Wow. I never expected that HGSS would really get something resembling of an ending this month. I guess it's better than having people saying 'That wasn't even a real ending! What a rip-off!' but I can already hear people complaining now...Personally I'm kind of surprised, as well as mixed about it. On one hand, some of the things sound quite cool and interesting, while others feel a little flat to all our expectations. Still not too bad though, and like you said I'm sure the arc will seem much better in the volumes with a (hopefully) more complete ending.

BW on the other hand....sounds absolutely incredible! Wow! I don't even know where to begin! I love Black's team so far (even has two Pokemon I plan on getting when I get Black version), and sounds like we'll finally get a boy specializing in defeating the Elite Four/Champion. Not to mention it sounds like we'll have a boy doing Gyms again (the first since Red -- yeah, that far back) and the first Elite Four challenge since Red, Blue and Green's challenge in the Red/Blue/Green arc. (also would be the first time Satoshi Yamamoto would get to do the art for an Elite Four challenge <3) Sounds very exciting indeed. Sounds like White is a cross of a more likable anime May meeting the company owning skills of manga! Platinum, lol. So it sounds like she may be doing Musicals after all, which would be a nice change. I can see it too. And sounds like Special decided to throw us for another (possible) loop by completely blowing a hole in every theory we ever had for the third dexholder so far. So if White really does keep the female Pokabu (two people with the same starter but of opposite genders? Sounds like a refreshing change!), then Cheren and Belle can get Tsutarja and Mijumaru, which would follow the game event of one of the playable characters and your two childhood friends getting the starters to a T. Very clever of them to find a way to give White a starter by separate means while still making Cheren and Belle important and getting a dex and starter. My guess is that Cheren will get Tsutarja and Belle will get Mijumaru, based on looks. (although it could be the opposite to follow the games more) And cool that we were right all along about Black being the boy and White being the girl. All in all an impressive BW chapter, and looks to be an awesome start for a great arc.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That's all we got for the HG/SS chapter? It just ends like that? Geez, I was expecting a longer storyarc for that chapter but we barely got anything. It was nice to see Gold, Silver, and Crys again of course but I would have liked to see some of the other characters; namely, Giovanni. Well it's a real disappointment that the Four Generals just disappear, as I was hoping for more backstory on them. Oh well, at least there's B/W to look forward to and things seem to have started out well.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I kinda like the ending

Coronis when your scanner does get fixed (that thing is torturing me!) are you gonna scan the final scene of HGSS

that wouls be awesome

knux-the-killer

Thanks a lot, Coronis!
By in the way, once you can scan the pictures, please, scan that image of N if ya don't mind ;)
You are supah lucky to be able to get the manga yourself. We might never be....

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
It was great to see Gold, Silver, and Crystal as 16 year old Teenager's in HGSS and that's all I have to say about the HGSS chapter, I kinda wish the Platinum chapter wasn't cut off for it since it actually continued from DP, but whatever I'll see the volume chapter's before I pass judgement on it. But still Giovanni should have been in here.

The B/W chapter look's amazing! I'm already hooked to get into it. Black and White both have a Pokabu, interesting and it's a first for the Manga. I also like the freshness, it feel's as fresh and new as the DP and R/S chapters which is another great plus. I now have new hope that Belle and Cheren can be Dexholders. Black wanting to do Gym's and Challenge the Elite Four is also great, first boy since Red to do Gym's. Wonder where his record will go around with Sapphire and Platina's. I like White's job it sounds really interesting. B/W make's up for HGSS lack luster ending. N sound's like he'll be really devoted to his job for Team Plasma. So great update for B/W and while it probably will be rushed by the final chapter's for now it look's to be amazing.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
HGSS ended with a whimper, but we were all expecting that by now. Oh well.

BW seems...different. Not bad different, but...White owning a company(how old is she supposed to be, anyway?)? Black suddenly becoming one of her employees? N appearing already? I'm sure this will all make more sense after we get a few more chapters under our belts, but it's still rather unusual for the intro to a Pokespe arc.

lolipiece

Staff member
are you kidding

this is perfect for Pokespe

or do I have to point out Dia and Pearl the comedians?

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Well, how old was Seto Kaiba from YuGiOh? He owned a business. White owning a business seems pretty cool to me. Hope there's some interesting backstory as to how she got it.

Two of the same starter? I thought that might be a possibility (admittedly, I thought it was the least likely of the 4 possibilities I had in mind). It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. This is the first female starter since Chuchu (not technically a starter), right?

Still, with Black, White, Belle, and Cheren, I'm wondering what will happen once the title of the 3rd game is announced? Will a new character appear then (like Yellow/Emerald)? Or will it remain these four? I guess it's still a little early to be asking about that, huh?

Mallymkun

A lady who's sure
Too bad for HGSS. Well, I do hope things will improved in the volumes.

BW sounds pretty awesome. White seems to be another Platinum, with her owning a company.

Darkxninga

Thanks a lot, Coronis!
By in the way, once you can scan the pictures, please, scan that image of N if ya don't mind ;)

hey xD quit laughing at N's first sobbing appearance! (.....hehehehe he appears for the first time in BW...teary eyed....poor N dont worry my opinion of you wont c-change...bwahheehehe..). I know why he's really upset, he wants a dex!

HGSS ended with a whimper, but we were all expecting that by now. Oh well.

BW seems...different. Not bad different, but...White owning a company(how old is she supposed to be, anyway?)? Black suddenly becoming one of her employees? N appearing already? I'm sure this will all make more sense after we get a few more chapters under our belts, but it's still rather unusual for the intro to a Pokespe arc.

i feel that way too. To me it's...unexpected. I wont have thought they'd have 2 pokabus for the dexholders. Did white get hers from prof. argagagi...whatever she name is?!

White owning a business seems pretty cool to me. Hope there's some interesting backstory as to how she got it.

-thumps up- me too I'd like to hear an explaination of that, even if it's very brief.

Two of the same starter? I thought that might be a possibility (admittedly, I thought it was the least likely of the 4 possibilities I had in mind). It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. This is the first female starter since Chuchu (not technically a starter), right?

Still, with Black, White, Belle, and Cheren, I'm wondering what will happen once the title of the 3rd game is announced? Will a new character appear then (like Yellow/Emerald)? Or will it remain these four? I guess it's still a little early to be asking about that, huh?

Im very curious to this as well. if there are 4 dex holders (cheren, belle, and etccccccc) but there names arent game related! (im not following the translations of what some say. i dont remember any other pokedex holders name having been like a regular name but meaning something when translated, color-wise.) i cant picture 4 dex holders, and then when game 3 comes out.... 5 dex holders?!wah?! ....hmm it's confusing! @_@ cheren and belle as dex holders would be weird imo, all/most mentioned the reason already. I hope we get an update on netkun tomorrow or soon! im still hoping for a OC at least. Plus Im curious if the manga will reveal N's real name, less likely dexholder or not.

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
RIP HGSS Saga. Mercilessly killed during its childhood.

PokeSpecial is dancing over its grave! And it's getting closer, closer, closer...

PokeSpe, don't go towards the light!

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Well, how old was Seto Kaiba from YuGiOh? He owned a business. White owning a business seems pretty cool to me. Hope there's some interesting backstory as to how she got it.

I believe Sapphire's Blaziken (I forget it's name) and Platina's Emploeon were both girl's as well, correct me if I'm wrong.

lolipiece

Staff member
<---Is probably the only person who doesn't believe that Pokespe is dying..

and N wouldn't want a Pokedex

he gives a huge speech about how it is wrong to use one in the games..

Darkxninga

RIP HGSS Saga. Mercilessly killed during its childhood.

PokeSpecial is dancing over its grave! And it's getting closer, closer, closer...

PokeSpe, don't go towards the light!

Nah, i dont think it's in the grave but they just screwed up hgss and platinum. We (or coronis?) aren't even sure of they'll make volumes for platinum or if they'll mak enough volumes to completely cover the (hgss and plt) arcs. They rushed so much that some arent/weren't sure if they'd come out in volumes!
BW looks...well.. sounds..much better handled than the HGSS or Plt. arc so far. however, my final opinions on those arcs will still be on hold until the volumes come out (all imo).

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
They are going to come in volumes

why bother continuing this manga otherwise..

Darkxninga

They are going to come in volumes

why bother continuing this manga otherwise..

no thats not what i meant o.o. i mean months ago when we weren't sure if they cut platinum because of the rush. i couldnt edit my post to what i wanted it to be because of the lag and error pages...
And btw, im looking at netkun and does anyone know what happened to lance and the elite 4? did they just..skedaddle away?
And coronis, did they mention if it was one of the main prog.s birthday like in the game or.....no? :D i would want it to be Blacks. ~happy birthday to Black...or....not......~

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
info like that probably won't be added until the volumes

Status
Not open for further replies.