• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Picked up Ichiban a bit early this month.

The chapter carries on with X's battle against the Team Flare Grunt who snatched both the Kanghaskhanite and Manectite. Manectric hits Tyrunt with Wild Charge but gets recoil damage. The Reshiram statue collapses from the impact as well, but the Grunt moves out before being crushed. The Grunt thinks back on how hard to worked to earn the entrance fee to Team Flare, and wishes he was smart enough to steal the expensive statues and sell them back then. He is upset that wealth is so unevenly distributed and once again goes on with the 'Take' and 'Give' ideal.

Manectric in truth fails to do much damage to Tyrunt due to the type difference and soon gets thrown back into the Pokeball statue. The Grunt mocks at X and Manectric's futile attempt, but this infuriates Trevor, who believes the bond between a trainer and Pokemon is much more than mechanics. Tyrunt attack Trevor, but Flabebe shields him. X then tells Trevor not to worry as Flabebe will be their saviour of the day.

Meanwhile, Y, Tierno and Shauna are having trouble battling the 4 Espurrs (Y was technically more focused on questioning Clemont about her mother's whereabouts). Cassius appears, and manages to hold down the Espurrs with his Gourgeist. He binds three of them (one was left confused by Confuse Ray), but then Clemont tries to peek under Espurrs' ears (something which he always was curious about). Cassius tries to stop him but it's too late. The 3 Espurrs end up firing off a powerful wave of psychic energy which throws Clemont into the sky and away.

Back on X's side, Tyrunt hits Manectric with an Earthquake and it goes down. However, when the Grunt tries to leave, Manectric bites him on the leg and starts dragging him around. The Grunt discovers that Flabebe weakened the Earthquake with its Grassy Terrain, but when he tries to seize it, Flabebe has snuck into his pocket and took back the two Mega stones. Flabebe gives Manectric its Manectite, and X mega evolves it. Mega Manectric fires a barrage of thunderbolts to fry the Grunt, and the Grunt has no choice but to flee. X and Trevor also discover a note held by the Grunt which lists out all the known Mega stones (all XY ones, no ORAS ones).

Later, the group ends up at Cassius's place, and Trevor (who commented on the garbage-filled house) was shocked to learn of Clemont's 'blasting away'. Apparently the 3 Espurrs vanished (?by teleport) afterwards, but the confused Espurr remained. It was seen with Emma at the end of the chapter.

Coronis~

e9310103838

I look forward to Marisso, Salamè, and Kerokero can evolve in this year. And I think Ramos will debut in this year. Grant still needs more scenes.

By the way, Cassius's female fellows have also appear?

And who's appearance at the end, Emma or Essentia? ;480;

Last edited:

arawn

Oh no. How is Clemont? Is he okay? Too bad for him. And Y too. She need to know abou Grace's situation. I hope Y teach Emma a lesson and will take revenge for Korrina.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Emma? All the non-Pokedex holder kids getting to battle? This is a smorgasbord, and I'm only hungry for more.

Does the list mention the Mewtwonites? Seems like it would be weird for them to know about that one.

Oh no. How is Clemont? Is he okay? Too bad for him. And Y too. She need to know abou Grace's situation. I hope Y teach Emma a lesson and will take revenge for Korrina.

Emma didn't even do anything. It was all Essentia.

Assuming the whole "mind control" plot is still in effect.

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Team Clemont's blasting off againnnnnn...

But seriously, Flabébé and Trevor. Don't mess with them.

MEGA MANECTRIC IS GO!

Mimi!

I wonder if this Grunt is the Laverre City Post-Game one...

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Some pics from this month:

1) Reshiram statue falling
2) Gourgeist seizing 3 of the Espurrs (Sad, Angry, Happy)
3) Clemont trying to unfold Espurrs' ears
4) Clemont blasting off...
5) Flabebe reobtaining the stones
6) Flabebe giving Manectric its Mega stone
7) Mega Manectric
8) The Grunt's face (I guess this removes suspicion that he is any Gymleader in disguise)
9) Y remains in a stunned position after learning about her mother from Clemont
10) Emma and the last Espurr (Surprised/Afraid) that remains

The list of Mega stones include only non-starter, non-legendary Pokemon in the form of Species -> Mega stone name -> Mega species:
Pinsir, Manectric, Kangaskhan, Gyarados, Gardevoir, Banette, Medicham, Scizor, Alakazam, Aerodactyl, Heracross, Houndoom, Abomasnow (only one page of the note is shown)

Also, Flabebe's flower is said to be damaged, and Trevor is planning on searching for a new one for it.

Oh and a final note on the different emotions of Espurrs. I use those connoctations just as something to denote them. Not sure exactly what is the background behind their design, but I did a little searching and some studies said humans only have 4 basic emotions: Happy, Sad, Angry and Surprised/Afraid, which sort of fit the four kitties' emotions. Anyone got other ideas on this?

Coronis~

shawn_o1

Emma's so adorable <3 But how did she fit all that hair into her helmet? Or is her hair just a big wig :p

Red and Blue

The stones for the starters and Mewtwo were not on the list? I wonder what that means? I hope that doesn't mean Kusaka doesn't plan on using them in the chapter

Coronis

In lucid awakening
The stones for the starters and Mewtwo were not on the list? I wonder what that means? I hope that doesn't mean Kusaka doesn't plan on using them in the chapter

Oh, sorry, maybe I should rephrase. Those other stones were not seen on that page of the note depicted. They could be on the other pages of the notebook but it's not shown.

Coronis~

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Apologies again. I probably haven't made it clear that Emma appears to be with the Cassius gang, along with the other punks and stray kids. Basically at the end of this chapter, Cassius is introducing Emma to the Vaniville group.

Coronis~

Red and Blue

I'm a bit confused. We already saw Emma in the suit early in the arc, implying she's already been brainwashed. Why would she be with Cassius instead of in Team Flare's possession?

Pokemonspecialgerman

Emma was never "brainwashed". Thats not how it works in the games. Emma is like asleep in her battle suit. The suit just controlles her body.

Red and Blue

Emma was never "brainwashed". Thats not how it works in the games. Emma is like asleep in her battle suit. The suit just controlles her body.
Okay. That still doesn't explain why she is with Cassius instead of somewhere like Team Flare HQ.

Pokemonspecialgerman

Well, she was actually a member of a gang in the games. She was pretty much the leader. Even though she left the gang pretty early. But a connection to Cassius gang is not that suprising here.
Plus, the battle suit controlle is just temporary. She still has much free time.

Red and Blue

Well, she was actually a member of a gang in the games. She was pretty much the leader. Even though she left the gang pretty early. But a connection to Cassius gang is not that suprising here.
Plus, the battle suit controlle is just temporary. She still has much free time.

But why would Team Flare let her wander around? That could be a big risk. Wouldn't it be safer on their part to keep her detained when she is not in her suit?

Pokemonspecialgerman

But why would Team Flare let her wander around? That could be a big risk. Wouldn't it be safer on their part to keep her detained when she is not in her suit?

Mh true. They did the same thing in the games. Probably because it would be more dangerous to literally kidnapp a child? But they "kidnapped" a whole city in the manga, so it does not really make sense XD
I dont really know, but its not really risky for team flare either way. Emma does not know anything about team flare, or her connection to other evil actions. She cant really reveal anything.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I hope that statue falling isn't some sort of metaphor for the ending of BW...

Because, to Emma, she's just doing a normal job.

Speaking of which, where's our favorite bumbling detective?

Red and Blue

Mh true. They did the same thing in the games. Probably because it would be more dangerous to literally kidnapp a child? But they "kidnapped" a whole city in the manga, so it does not really make sense XD
I dont really know, but its not really risky for team flare either way. Emma does not know anything about team flare, or her connection to other evil actions. She cant really reveal anything.

It is risky because what if she suddenly remembers Team Flare and what they did to her? What if she exposes their secrets to all of Kalos. Wasn't the whole point of Team Flare capturing the Vanville Town's residents was to keep their actions underwraps? Having Emma out in the world and not in Team Flare's custody seems like a huge liability

Last edited:

Majiata

Since the suit pretty much takes control of her while she is asleep or whatever, I doubt she would be able to remember anything she has done while wearing it and there might be as well be a safety mechanism in the suit preventing her to wake up while performing her duties/jobs. I mean, they wouldn't want that since she becomes pretty much superhuman and if she realizes that she was being used while wearing the suit, she would be a great threat for Team Flare.
Also, if they had kidnapped her, they would turn her against them since they would have to lock her up. Guess it's easier if they are friendly against her and letting her do her "normal job". Since she is part of Cassius' group, she might also be able to tell Team Flare some interesting secrets they wouldn't know about without her.

Or PokéSpe simply decided to go after the games with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.