• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'm sleepy today, so early thread is up.

You know the drill, new ORAS at 12 AM JST. Discuss when it's out.

e9310103838

Diancie seems to still follow Ruby.

Hoopa calls out Groudon & Kyogre.

And Maxie & Archie return. This said that they snatch the orbs from Bill. ;368;

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
So... they're back, huh?
Along with two items that should be in pieces.
Combined with the Unstable Portal known as Hoopa for some Primal shenanigans. Cool.

lolipiece

Staff member
Ding dong, the witch(es) ain't dead.

I knew it.

I think that maxie and archi are from another dimension but is only a theory
the orbs were destruyed how they get them back?
I think that ruby and rald are going to fight them
I still don't understand why sapphire lost her voice, a secondary effect or someting

Jersey Jimmy

¿dónde está el FOUR DOLLA TUBA?
The alternate dimension theory is the only explanation. To have them just come back with no other explanation... Hoopa's entire gimmick is traveling between dimensions, so it's much easier to go with that than "super-magical offscreen necromancy powers."

lolipiece

Staff member
The alternate dimension theory is the only explanation. To have them just come back with no other explanation... Hoopa's entire gimmick is traveling between dimensions, so it's much easier to go with that than "super-magical offscreen necromancy powers."

No it can't.

Hoopa moves across through space, not different worlds.

Asa-of-the-Sky

Game fanatic
Things got intense, The cover of the chapter I thought brought an bad feeling to Sapphire wit her being in a different ring to Emerald and Ruby. And then I think that Ruby figured out that what Zinnia was trying to do is teach Rayquaza Dragon Ascent or Ruby only found out that it was a special move. Looks like Steven and his dad had a moment, I think he finds out Sapphire is there and she gave the dimensional shifter and they head for Mossdeep. Hoopa unleashed Groudon and Kyogre because the Magma team member Slugma confused him like Ruby in the submarine.
It looks like Archie has his mega necklace, so i don't think that they can be from another dimension.

Red and Blue

They are still alive? And they are teamming up again? Terrible writing. It was already confirmed that Maxie was killed, how was he revived? And why the hell is he working with his murderer.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
If I recall properly...

In Emerald arc, Archie and Maxie were told that there is 1 suit that can save them and that the winner of the fight will take it. Archie won. And upon hearing that story, Sapphire assumed that Archie killed Maxie. I think it's perfectly viable for Maxie to have just lost the battle and survived (and then vanished because of his condition), and later, when Archie vanished the same way, they could've been sent to the exact same place. Archie never said: "I killed Maxie". Sapphire just assumed as such.

Macromind101

Whoa...I always knew that Maxie and Archie would return and yet I'm still surprised as I am now.

But are they returning as villains? I kind of noticed a recent theme for Pokemon Special villains: it seems that the Special villains are being redeemed, whether it be in the same arc as when they were villains (like Cyrus and the Rocket Executives) or several years/a decade after they last appeared as antagonists (like Giovanni, Lance and Pryce). I thought that Maxie and Archie would be one of those cases. But of course, it's too early to tell.

I'm pretty sure that the Maxie and Archie we're seeing in the ORAS chapter aren't the same ones from RSE. It was made pretty clear that the Maxie and Archie from RSE have perished (more so Archie than Maxie). And if they were to have miraculously revived, I highly doubt that the two would be working together civilly as we just saw them after their battle for the gear (but then again, Giovanni, Lance and Pryce pulled it off so we never know).

daigo-san

Hoenn Champion
Things got intense, The cover of the chapter I thought brought an bad feeling to Sapphire wit her being in a different ring to Emerald and Ruby. And then I think that Ruby figured out that what Zinnia was trying to do is teach Rayquaza Dragon Ascent or Ruby only found out that it was a special move. Looks like Steven and his dad had a moment, I think he finds out Sapphire is there and she gave the dimensional shifter and they head for Mossdeep. Hoopa unleashed Groudon and Kyogre because the Magma team member Slugma confused him like Ruby in the submarine.
It looks like Archie has his mega necklace, so i don't think that they can be from another dimension.

The whole thing where Hoopa appears out of nowhere throws me off, especially since it's depicted to be easily manipulated... What kind of a plot device is that, to bring Kyogre and Groudon out of nowhere? Either way though, what are the chances that Hoopa will play a role in transporting the asteroid somewhere else, seeing that it has the capability of bringing two ancient legends from different dimensions (?) and such? Also kind of wishing that Sapphire would get a bigger role.

The moment between Joseph Stone and Steven makes me laugh though - he calls his dad "oyaji" (old man) and Joseph inquires how long it's been since Steven has called him that. Not completely sure what the next bit says, but it seems as if Steven says that the last time he had called Mr. Stone "oyaji" was prior to becoming Champion, potentially implying that he was a much bolder character? Not sure though.

Red and Blue

Whoa...I always knew that Maxie and Archie would return and yet I'm still surprised as I am now.

But are they returning as villains? I kind of noticed a recent theme for Pokemon Special villains: it seems that the Special villains are being redeemed, whether it be in the same arc as when they were villains (like Cyrus and the Rocket Executives) or several years/a decade after they last appeared as antagonists (like Giovanni, Lance and Pryce). I thought that Maxie and Archie would be one of those cases. But of course, it's too early to tell.

I'm pretty sure that the Maxie and Archie we're seeing in the ORAS chapter aren't the same ones from RSE. It was made pretty clear that the Maxie and Archie from RSE have perished (more so Archie than Maxie). And if they were to have miraculously revived, I highly doubt that the two would be working together civilly as we just saw them after their battle for the gear (but then again, Giovanni, Lance and Pryce pulled it off so we never know).

I wouldn't worry about Maxie and Archie being redeemed. The did some of the worst things in manga such as killing Norman and Courtney

lolipiece

Staff member
If Hoopa transports the meteoroid, then they'll just do the thing Zinnia ranted about.

Also, it would probably need to be Unbound before it could transport something that big.

Jersey Jimmy

¿dónde está el FOUR DOLLA TUBA?
They are still alive? And they are teamming up again? Terrible writing. It was already confirmed that Maxie was killed, how was he revived? And why the hell is he working with his murderer.

They must've gotten Vince Russo on board for this chapter. Swerves as far as the eye can see!

So... if ORAS!Archie and Maxie aren't villains, what are they doing here? Does it have something to do with how they could possibly want to help get rid of the meteorite alongside Hoopa - okay this chapter is starting to give me a migraine.

e9310103838

This seems Maxie & Archie's personalities are exchanged.

Archie speak very vulgar, and Maxie speak very urbane. ;319;

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
They must've gotten Vince Russo on board for this chapter. Swerves as far as the eye can see!

So... if ORAS!Archie and Maxie aren't villains, what are they doing here? Does it have something to do with how they could possibly want to help get rid of the meteorite alongside Hoopa - okay this chapter is starting to give me a migraine.

Wait for a translation before getting annoyed. Or at least until next month's chapter.

diakyu

I think it's obvious we'll get an explanation eventually.

arawn

I love how Hoopa trying to please Diancie.
Is those eyes behind Hoopa's portal was those Magma and Aqua admins's eyes?
I think this time Ruby and Rald could handle the two Primals perfectly fine given the feeling those two legendaries gave us this time was not that much menacing like the last time.

Red and Blue

I think it's obvious we'll get an explanation eventually.

I know we will get an explaination but it still pisses me off. Sird's conditions for the armour make it impossible for both of them to have survived :(

Status
Not open for further replies.