• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

e9310103838

Oh so sad. Yamamoto said the B2W2 this month will be suspended, and just said the next round may be in the winter this year... :513:

DMRMJArVwAI5MI6.jpg

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
...*Sigh* Oh boy. Here we go.

Alright, people. This news is clearly going to be controversial, so I'm going to give this single warning.

Keep it civil.

It's perfectly fine to be disappointed by this news. We all are. I definitely am.

That being said, if you choose to reply and post your opinions, do so in a respectful manner.

None of us know the complete story as to what's happening on their side of things. We never have and we most likely never will. So keep an open mind, please and thank you.

Kein

AKA Silktree
It will have been over 6 years since B2W2's release by the time this arc is concluded.

e9310103838

It will have been over 6 years since B2W2's release by the time this arc is concluded.

And obviously volume 54 will wait at least another year...

It seems that we only can look forward to SM this month, as well as upcoming USUM. ;400;

Moni_22

I just wish we could at least know why. If they had a valid reason then I would understand and wait, but not only the latest chapters have been delayed and break in two parts, now we don't even know when the next chapter is going to be. And SM arc is still one chapter per month. I don't get why we get so few chapters lately, we could have ended BW2 a long time ago.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Blame marketing.

Always blame marketing.

Any actual Sun and Moon content?

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
My reaction:
mzq6m.jpg http://nooooooooooooooo.com

I just want BW2 to have the most amazing, spectacular ending we have ever had after all of these delays. It's really disappointing, because such a great potential for a story arc was wasted by the fact that Kusaka and Yamamoto just don't have time :(
Poor Black is going to stay a rock longer than AZ lost his Floette... and I can almost guarantee that when he actually does get out of the Light Stone, this site and the fandom is going to be flooded with "It's been 3000 years memes", which somewhat brightens my day after this news :D

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Again it's sad, sad, SAD news Everyone.
Seriously I'm getting tired of this non stop delays

We waited for 3 years before Vol 53 published in full volume form. What more on vol 54? I predict it will come out on 2020 or maybe after the release of Gen 8, because vol 53 come out during Gen 7.

And when exactly on Winter? December? January? or February?

Last edited:

Moni_22

In other news, USUM apparently will have a looot of new content, and the Ultra Recon Squad is present since the very beginning. Now I'm actually wondering if we'll have a new arc

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think that the publisher in charge of the manga should consider the option of getting another artist for upcoming arcs.

Love Yamamoto and all but I dude can't handle BW2, SM and USUM.

I mean, I highly doubt it's something other than the Kusaka and/or Yamamoto having a tight schedule.

Moni_22

I think that the publisher in charge of the manga should consider the option of getting another artist for upcoming arcs.

Love Yamamoto and all but I dude can't handle BW2, SM and USUM.

I mean, I highly doubt it's something other than the Kusaka and/or Yamamoto having a tight schedule.

If we get the USUM arc it will be after SM, like Platinum and Emerald. We won't have 3 arcs at the same time, at least for now. But I think they should focus more on ending BW2 to have more free time for SM and the future arcs

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
At this point I'd rather they just work USUM content into the current SM storyline... rather than have it be a whole other arc because it would probably be another decade otherwise. From the USUM trailers, it seems the story is relatively similar to SM until a certain point, so there's still time

Moni_22

At this point I'd rather they just work USUM content into the current SM storyline... rather than have it be a whole other arc because it would probably be another decade otherwise. From the USUM trailers, it seems the story is relatively similar to SM until a certain point, so there's still time

Just but, how long is the new story content going to be? Because they say is more than Emerald and Platinum, and that there is new postgame content. If that is the case, then it seems likely that when they reach a certain point (like maybe Aether Paradise), they will begin a new arc with Lillie in her Z Form and the new outfits for Sun and Moon.

I just think that if in one year they have almost finished Akala Arc, if we'd had 2 chapters per month we would be like in the final island. With 2 chapters per month there would be no need to rush so much, but at the same time we would be advancing more quickly.

e9310103838

I suspect they would want to break the tradition of the chapter title (Sun, Moon, UltraSun, & UltraMoon chapter? well...) ;269;

Just but, how long is the new story content going to be? Because they say is more than Emerald and Platinum, and that there is new postgame content. If that is the case, then it seems likely that when they reach a certain point (like maybe Aether Paradise), they will begin a new arc with Lillie in her Z Form and the new outfits for Sun and Moon.

I just think that if in one year they have almost finished Akala Arc, if we'd had 2 chapters per month we would be like in the final island. With 2 chapters per month there would be no need to rush so much, but at the same time we would be advancing more quickly.

However this will delay B2W2 progress, since this represents three chapters per month... ;097;

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Just picked up Ichiban. We get a slightly slower paced chapter this month.

Picking up where the last chapter left off. Kiawe reveals the Z Crystal hidden in En's collar to Sun, and we get a gag where Sun automatically thinks of its price, and Moon sees it through. She pinches him, saying 'I know what you are thinking', and Sun immediately replies 'I'm not selling it! I'm not selling it!'. Mallow and Lana usher the group to the Ruins of Life as they are worried about Tapu Lele, and also want Kiawe to teach Sun the Z Move. Kiawe requests himself to be 'delivered' to the Ruins, and Sun summons Tauros, heading off as Mallow and Lana keep the Team Skull Grunts at bay.

Later, at the entrance of the Ruins, Moon tends to Kiawe's wounds, and enables him to stand. Kiawe postulates that En unleashed an incomplete version of the Z Move at the Festival Tournament, and explains that the Z Ring, Z Crystal and Z Pose are the 3 integral parts of successfully using a Z Move. Moon realizes that the Sparkling Stone is the Z Ring, but Sun says he doesn't know any Z Bouzu (Bouzu can either mean a 'brat' or people who shaved their heads like monks. This is a phonetic gag since Bouzu and the Japanese katana for pose 'Po-zu' are very similar). Kiawe thinks Sun must have somehow moved his arms akin to the Z Pose, allowing the somewhat incomplete Z Move getting pulled off. Sun brags that lucky people will always get things go their way, and Moon shoots him a look of disdain. Kiawe then demonstrates the Pose, but Sun is reluctant to do the 'dance'. Kiawe insists that only when he masters the Z Move will he be able to beat the Team Skull Enforcer. Sun doubts it, but Moon agrees with Kiawe, and reminds him that in order to deliver the Mirage Berry to Tapu Lele, Sun must do anything. Sun has no choice but to comply, but finds himself unable to tap into the mood, until Kiawe reminds him of the thought he had back when he unleashed the move at the Festival Tournament. Not surprisingly, the 100 million yen goal becomes Sun's motivation, and he easily masters the 'dance' by reciting the words '100 million yen'. Sun realizes the problem that he actually doesn't have the Sparkling Stone right now, but Kiawe offers to let him borrow his. Kiawe also explains how draining it is to unleash a move, which is why he is asking Sun to practice it without the Z Ring.

Suddenly, Type: Null ambushes them, and we see Gladion, having taken Tape Lele hostage (it has retracted its head like when it does its Z Move and is carried around like a bag, rather than captured). Kiawe reveals that his Sparkling Stone was given to him by Tapu Lele 5 years ago, but the deity is not responding. Moon realizes that it must still be suffering from its injuries when it battled Xurkitree, and Gladion finally understands why it was so easy to capture Tapu Lele, having fought creatures coming from the crevices in the sky. Moon questions Gladion's intention, and the boy reveals that his goal is to get the Tapus. Moon believes that his ultimate goal is to fight the mysterious creatures from the wormholes, which is probably the reason the Tapus are angry, and proposes that they all work together rather than fight. However, Sun refuses to collaborate with someone who sided with an evil team, and plans to blast him off with a Z Move.

Unfortunately, when Kiawe hands him his Z Ring, Type: Null shatters it, and Gladion mocks that Sun cannot win with a move that knocks himself unconscious. He recalls the reason Sun emerged victorious at the Tournament was because the Kahunas stepped in. The Kahunas were so thrilled by Sun's possession of the Sparkling Stone that he was basically asked to forfeit. Afterall, if he sent in his Porygon, Sun's Litten would stand no chance. Gladion once again mocks how the Z Move wouldn't help Sun win against him, but a voice comes on to mock Gladion instead, saying he wouldn't have shattered the Z Ring if what he said was true.

The voice turns out to be Kahili, who has flown in on her Skarmory. She sends out her Toucannon to hit Type: Null with a Drill Peck, and skillfully 'golf in' the Pokeball of Oricorio in front of Sun, delivering his Z Ring to him. She believes that Gladion knows he would lose in face of a Z Move, which is the real reason he broke Kiawe's Z Ring. With that, Sun formally pulls off the fire type Z Pose, and unleashes an Inferno Overdrive...

Pics:
1) Moon pinching Sun for thinking of selling the Z Crystal
2) Sun bragging that he is one of those always lucky ones and Moon making a face
3) Kiawe and the fire type Z Pose
4) Sun feeling overwhelmed by the Pose
5) Sun reminding Kiawe that he doesn't have the Sparkling Stone now
6) Gladion captured Tapu Lele
7) Z Ring shattered
8) Toucannon hitting Type: Null
9) Kahili arrives
10) Golfs in her Oricorio
11) Sun hurting himself while trying to force on his Ring
12) Sun channeling his aura to En's Inferno Overdrive

====================

Well, just like Mega Evolution had almost an entire chapter dedicated to it, I suppose it's just fair that we have nearly a full chapter dedicated to explain the Z Move's mechanics. I'm liking Kahili's portrayal in PKSP, and Moon gives us her monthly dose of unique expressions. Somehow I wonder if Tapu Lele may have half-voluntarily let itself be taken by Gladion? Perhaps the 4 Tapu will each choose a character to latch onto? Sun, Moon, Gladion and maybe Hau?

P.S. As for B2W2 not happening this month again, I will just say it's becoming a norm.

Coronis~

Last edited:

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Kahili's Oricorio looks like a Baile Style and finally the Z moves and the Z ring somehow formally introduce in this chapter

Last edited:

Moni_22

Kahili's Oricorio looks like a Baile Style and finally the Z moves and the Z ring somehow finally introduce in this chapter

Kind of weird because isn't she from Akala?

So no much progression in this chapter, it was just to explain about Z Moves...

4de_92

-moon get her z ring soon
- maybe sun will break the z ring for using inferno overdrive
-tapulele will obey galdion

i love this chapter :3

Status
Not open for further replies.