• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moni_22

Thanks a lot for the summary. Good to see Sun and Moon are getting Solgaleo and Lunala as expected. I believe there's two chapter left? I hope the ending is satisfying

e9310103838

yes but if you read E93's post then you would see that they weren't just saying they were waiting for a Let's Go arc, as in their post they put in parentheses "and USUM" which implies they want or think that there is going to be a separate USUM arc.

Considering that they have not yet introduced Team Rainbow Rocket, I think they still have the possibility to separate finally. Although this is just my opinion. ;)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Considering that they have not yet introduced Team Rainbow Rocket, I think they still have the possibility to separate finally. Although this is just my opinion. ;)
You really want Rainbow Rocket to appear don't you? I always saw it as just filler with no real story or build-up, in some ways it just felt like fanfiction. Maybe bits of foreshadowing like the guy at the bridge wondering where Giovanni is but ultimately I didn't really saw it as a story that impacted the plot of the games in any major way and could easily be forgotten by GameFreak in the future. The thing is I'm not the only one who thinks this is pure fanservice and thus I don't see Rainbow Rocket as a priority in the SM story arc unless of course this goes into some kind of anime writing situation where the writer should've actually taken that story and its characters more seriously as it could play a major role in the future. Other than that, it's nice to see someone actually have enthusiasm for such a potential story line.

ShadowForce720

The thing is if they did that then it would just be part of the current chapter, because the current chapter is called Pokemon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon Chapter. They would never have updated the chapter title to include Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon in the title if they were planning to give Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon their own separate chapter. Basically if we get the Team Rainbow Rocket stuff it's either going to be in the current Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon Chapter, a Let's Go Chapter, or somehow worked into the Sword & Shield chapter.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.

The thing is if they did that then it would just be part of the current chapter, because the current chapter is called Pokemon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon Chapter. They would never have updated the chapter title to include Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon in the title if they were planning to give Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon their own separate chapter. Basically if we get the Team Rainbow Rocket stuff it's either going to be in the current Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon Chapter, a Let's Go Chapter, or somehow worked into the Sword & Shield chapter.
Hmm... a Rainbow Rocket in Let's Go. That can work.

iml908

It's not out of the realm of possibility that, when SM finishes it's run in the volume format, USUM get's split off like what happened with RS & E. If that happens, I can see Team Rainbow Rocket being the focus of that arc. Upper version and remake arcs typically deal with post-game content (Battle Frontier, Sevii Islands, Sinjoh Ruins, Delta Episode). Although, I don't think it's all that necessary, as it'd only be fan service for fans of the main antagonists, and the manga isn't in the best place for something like that.

Although, it could also serve as the next big Pokedex holder gathering we've all been waiting for to fight alternate versions of the villains they've already beaten.

ShadowForce720

It's not out of the realm of possibility that, when SM finishes it's run in the volume format, USUM get's split off like what happened with RS & E. If that happens, I can see Team Rainbow Rocket being the focus of that arc. Upper version and remake arcs typically deal with post-game content (Battle Frontier, Sevii Islands, Sinjoh Ruins, Delta Episode). Although, I don't think it's all that necessary, as it'd only be fan service for fans of the main antagonists, and the manga isn't in the best place for something like that.

Although, it could also serve as the next big Pokedex holder gathering we've all been waiting for to fight alternate versions of the villains they've already beaten.

Difference is the Ruby & Sapphire chapter was never called the Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Chapter, as Emerald has always been a separate chapter from Ruby & Sapphire. Basically how their treating USUM like how Crystal was treated in that if you go back and look at Crystal you will notice that there was never a separate Crystal chapter and instead it was grouped with Gold & Silver to form the Gold, Silver, and Crystal Chapter. Basically a similar thing is happening here, there likely isn't going to be a separate USUM chapter because it's already been grouped with Sun and Moon which is covering not just the Sun and Moon stuff but the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon stuff as well.

So it would basically at this point be redundant to have a separate USUM Chapter. Chances are if they intended to give USUM a separate Chapter then it would have never been grouped with Sun and Moon to being with and we wouldn't have the current chapter title being Pokemon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon Chapter and they would have just kept calling the current chapter Sun and Moon Chapter. Basically for all intensive purposes the Pokemon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon Chapter is the USUM chapter and the Sun and Moon Chapter they seemed to have decided to combine the two so that it's a single chapter instead of two separate chapters, basically giving USUM the Crystal treatment.

Lucky3

Difference is the Ruby & Sapphire chapter was never called the Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Chapter, as Emerald has always been a separate chapter from Ruby & Sapphire. Basically how their treating USUM like how Crystal was treated in that if you go back and look at Crystal you will notice that there was never a separate Crystal chapter and instead it was grouped with Gold & Silver to form the Gold, Silver, and Crystal Chapter. Basically a similar thing is happening here, there likely isn't going to be a separate USUM chapter because it's already been grouped with Sun and Moon which is covering not just the Sun and Moon stuff but the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon stuff as well.

So it would basically at this point be redundant to have a separate USUM Chapter. Chances are if they intended to give USUM a separate Chapter then it would have never been grouped with Sun and Moon to being with and we wouldn't have the current chapter title being Pokemon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon Chapter and they would have just kept calling the current chapter Sun and Moon Chapter. Basically for all intensive purposes the Pokemon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon Chapter is the USUM chapter and the Sun and Moon Chapter they seemed to have decided to combine the two so that it's a single chapter instead of two separate chapters, basically giving USUM the Crystal treatment.
Actually RS was renamed RSE during the end of the magizne run IIRC. That's one of the reasons people thought Wally was going to be a Dex Holder.

That said I doubt that's going to happen now. The Emerald arc was also going on at the same time with another name while there's no indication that anything like Rainbow Rocket is on the table here. Its premise is pretty hard to reconcile with Pokespe, after all, since there are no alternate universes.

Maybe some kind of LGPE arc would be possible to showcase stuff from that game, but that would depend on how long BW2 has left and how early we'll get DP remakes in order to even have a platform to publish it.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Not confirmed yet, but it we follow patterns then we can expect it thisThursday (Friday 25th in Japan)

TotallyNotCrt

Difference is the Ruby & Sapphire chapter was never called the Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Chapter, as Emerald has always been a separate chapter from Ruby & Sapphire.
That is incorrect. During the magazine's run when Ruby and Sapphire got their "Emerald" game outfits, Kusaka had the logo of the arc updated to be "Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald" Chapter and when the arc containing Emerald was in Wonderland, it was originally called the "Battle Frontier" Chapter.

https://twitter.com/shininghopper/status/1178523705934110725

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

iml908

I wonder why rs & e is now changed back to that RS titles ?

Likely consistency. It would be pretty weird looking back at the arcs, which are all named after games, if there was one randomly named Battle Frontier. Besides, the character Emerald I don't think even appears in the RS(E) chapter.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Yamamoto confirmed on his Twitter that the second part of round 22 will be released in a couple of hours.

If this is indeed the end of volume 54, it should end with a bang.

Redstar45

Yamamoto confirmed on his Twitter that the second part of round 22 will be released in a couple of hours.

If this is indeed the end of volume 54, it should end with a bang.
Bw2 ? Or something else ?

Redstar45

This why i love kusaka! He nod to the classic Pokemon anime show.

Moni_22

So there will be another volume them. Even though it'll take more months, it's actually good for BW2's sake. At least it'll have a good ending and not a rushed one. I really hope USUM gets an epilogue in the last volume too, I don't expect a very satisfying ending with just 2 more chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.