1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

December Plot Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by lolipiece, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Beat!

Beat! The Chords of Steel

There are only 7 uncollected chapters which most likely means there will be a few original that we haven't seen yet.

We still don't know how many will there be in Volume 55. As for Volume 54, we have 6 chapters from Sunday Webry but who knows if they will re-organized differently.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  2. SerGoldenhandtheJust

SerGoldenhandtheJust Well-Known Member

Are there really seven. I can recall there being 3 about gurkinn korrina and diantha , one about super training and another about the mini games eevee into sylveon. What were the other 2.

3. Beat!

If i'm not mistaken:

1) Super training
    2) Eeevee evolves into Sylveon
    3) Tierno stops some Flare admins
    4) Tower of Mastery, Part I
    5) Tower of Mastery, Part II
    6) Diantha joins Korrina and Gurkin
    7) Diancie appears

Now that i think about it we might get one about how Y captured Eeevee. It appeared all of a sudden.

SerGoldenhandtheJust likes this.
  4. SerGoldenhandtheJust

Oh yeah i forgot that tierno skating thing was an extra and that the tower of mastery chapters were two instead of one :p

And yes i totally agree about eevee's capture being sudden and weird. I remember thinking that i must have missed a chapter somewhere and getting really confused as to where did the eevee come from and why was Y saying X gave her wrong advice to tame it.

So if we assume these 7 chapters are collected and an 8th one about capturing eevee is included then i hope the remaining four deal have something of coumarine city, kiloude city (even the anime ignored it lol) , the battle maison maybe, maybe volcanion etc

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2019 at 12:38 AM
    Beat! likes this.
  5. Beat!

I was thinking Volcanion could be left for ORAS, but to be fair i have no clue about how will Kusaka integrate it to that story either. (Cameo maybe)

For the remaining XY chapters a couple of them focusing on Shauna and Trevor would be nice.

6. Moni_22

Moni_22 Well-Known Member

This is great news, we're gonna have a lot of new content from now on, I'm excited!

7. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'm not going to expect any major changes, as that's a lot of work that I feel might be unnecessary in the long run.

However, I would like to see certain side characters (like the lesser used Leaders) get more screentime to flesh them out.

shoz999 likes this.
  8. Moni_22

Moni_22 Well-Known Member

Yes, I don't expect the main story to change. However since the last few arcs have been so short I'd really appreciate some side chapters not totally related to the story for better development.

Beat! likes this.
  9. shoz999

shoz999 Thorton hears a battle

I agree on the Gym Leaders one. It's been a while since I read XY and I can't remember what Gym Leaders like Ramos, Olympia or Valerie did but you know who really deserves more scenes though? The Elite Four members, Drasna and Wikstrom. Especially Drasna, we didn't even get to see what Pokemon she would use.

Beat! likes this.
  10. Beat!

Agree. The lack of third version or sequel after XY really screwed the chances of any additional development.
    Perhaps the eventual remake (if there is one ever) could fix that.

11. SerGoldenhandtheJust

I really hate the fact that XY is the only game that never had another game in the generation going back to the region. It feels so incomplete which sucks coz i actually loved the games.
    Sword and shield might be following suit but
    the way the story is structured doesn't make it so that it needs another version like XY needed for Zygarde so i would be fine if galar isn't revisted as long as it doesn't feel incomplete