• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
'Ello 'ello, it's time for Pokespe SWSH for October!

Ekw-UfFU8AAqNnn.jpg

Ekw-XhSVcAExsXV.jpg

Ekw-Z62VMAESvwc.jpg

Ekw-dWwVoAANneX.jpg

Our tour of Hammerlocke begins.

Also, Soudo gets a new team member. Gunbain the Oranguru. A "gunbai" is a type of fan used by military leaders. Fitting for this Pokemon.

Moni_22

That's cool, another Pokémon with a "tool" but from the previous region. It's an interesting choice, and it fits Sword because of its calm nature.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
This is getting ridiculous.

It's like his last 2 catches were meant to go to Whitley and Moon respectfully, but forced crunch made them go to Sword.

He needs Gen VIII Mons.

It's bad enough Blake had Glisott and Kabuott and did almost jack **** with them, and Y had RHYRHY, which is her mother's, not hers.

At least X had Mega Evolution as an excuse.

"Tools" do not count as a reason for playing catch up with mons Kusaka wants to cameo in group shots and barely see again.

Oranguru can't go anywhere, substantial development-wise. And Sword has to trade Tekkotsun to evolve it, the likelihood of which is dictated by Shield trading one of her lost mons for. As in to say it would take a convoluted out of character reason to do so.

lolipiece

Staff member
You're making an awfully big deal of nothing. Dex holders catching previous Gen mons isn't new or rare. And this is only his second one, he has just as many Gen VIII mons as non-Gen VIII mons. Also, we already have Shirudomiria with a full VIII team. Heck, if you add Hop, Bede, and possibly Marnie when she reveals more team members, Gen VIII is represented fairly well.

ellifeedn

Thinker
I just noticed something funny; this week's Pokemon of the Week is Marowak, a Pokemon that uses a tool. Odds that Sword will get one for his team?

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Since the species have their own exclusive item I can see a Pikachu on Soudo's team.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Since the species have their own exclusive item I can see a Pikachu on Soudo's team.
^ A Cap Pikachu ? I would wonder Soudo will comments on it and his name is very similar to the late Takeshi Shudo last name the creation of classic "POCKET MONSTER" Anime

lolipiece

Staff member
The Light Ball is neither a weapon nor an item the Pokemon wields naturally (as in separate from a regular held item), so Pikachu is likely a no-go.

Redstar45

The Light Ball is neither a weapon nor an item the Pokemon wields naturally (as in separate from a regular held item), so Pikachu is likely a no-go.
Both manga and anime never show light ball yet Satoshi-Kun's Pikachu and Red and his friend's (Gold and Yellow) Pikachus and Pichu learn Voit tackle. Granted Pika and ChuChu could had hold a light Balls during the Event of Gsc but it is retcon button .

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
^ A Cap Pikachu ? I would wonder Soudo will comments on it and his name is very similar to the late Takeshi Shudo last name the creation of classic "POCKET MONSTER" Anime

They aren't nothing alike.

In this context, Soudo is written "創人" while Shudo's family name is "首藤". Completly different and unrelated kanji. Not to mention they sound distinct enough.

Redstar45

They aren't nothing alike.

In this context, Soudo is written "創人" while Shudo's family name is "首藤". Completly different and unrelated kanji. Not to mention they sound distinct enough.
And I know that but i was speaking about it as English speaker .

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Not even on english the names sound anything alike though.

Redstar45

Ku-ri-boh

Ok.....i get it, geez I even doesn't know every about Japanese ok !?
Then stop using this pseudo-wapanese only you alone understand. I'm being very serious here, nobody, not even a Japanese (I'm half Japanese, half Korean, and I don't care enough to prove that I am) understands what you are saying.

Also regardless, I hope he doesn't get a Pikachu. It's time for literally anything else to shine and another Pikachu is the last thing we need of a current arc protagonist.

Status
Not open for further replies.