1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Decisions, decisions... (STON or FOTB?)

Discussion in 'Alternate TCG Discussion' started by Dreamcoat, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Dreamcoat

Dreamcoat Well-Known Member

After having thought about whether I should get a box of STON or FOTB all day long and not having been able to decide, I wanted to hear what you guys had to say about the sets, which I should buy and which I shouldn't, and give a good (well then, decent?) explanation as to why.
    Before anyone says something about the price, I just want to you to know that I work at Toys 'R' Us and I get a discount, so please refrain
    from mentioning it.

Now, TALK!

2. ~Sirnight~

~Sirnight~ Come along, dear

I would suggest TAEV, if anything, but if you must choose from either of those, I'd say FOTB for the chance of rare Crystal Beast cards, or FOTB for the Six Samurai, Shien, and Grandmaster.

Both contain good decktypes, though in total, I'd say FOTB because of the other rare cards in it.

3. Out of those two, I have more of a preference to FOTB since the cards in there were more useful and you have a shot at getting "usable" URs. Unlike STON where you have a 75% chance of getting a useless Neo fusion..

Overall, it'll depend on the deck you currently have, unless you want to build, Samurais, Crystals or Volcanic. Who knows, if you get FOTB you might get that secret rare Eradicator Virus. :eek:

4. Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior Well-Known Member

I'd say it depends on what deck you want:

Crystal Beasts- GUESS FOTB
    Six Samurai - STON
    Neos - either, but mainly STON
    Monarch - get FOTB for a chance of Raiza

or you could like I dunno, catch your boss having an affair and blackmail them with constant booster boxes? I dunno

5. King Wulfharth

King Wulfharth Divine Wonder...

better secret rares in FOTB

6. Raiburuto

Raiburuto ~Grammar Nazi

No, No, No, STON has better secret rares, there more playable.

*coughcoughcounterfairydeckscoughcough*

7. King Wulfharth

thats if your running a fairy deck just cause they get more support

8. Raiburuto

Raiburuto ~Grammar Nazi

Yes, thats what I mean, oh and btw why do you think the FOTB Secret Rares are better than the STON?

9. ~Sirnight~

~Sirnight~ Come along, dear

You like Ectoplasmer stall and burn better?

10. Raiburuto

Raiburuto ~Grammar Nazi

I see! :D I still like the Fairy cards more, but know I like the FOTB Secret Rares to! :)

11. King Wulfharth

well for 1. diablos and 2.Eradicator epidemic virus 3.Mist Archfiend

But I still Like Gelleundo

12. martianman40

martianman40 LIKE A BOSS!

Why not get an older box, or maybe even wait for gladiator's assault? Just a few alternatives I thought of.

13. Dreamcoat

Because the older boxes are impossible to find where I live. Also, I've got more than enough money for GLAS.

BTW, my pick was STON.

14. Any good pulls?

15. Dreamcoat

My second Grandmaster of the Six Samurai (^_^), Neo-Parshath, The Sky Paladin (Trying to recreate SD11 so it couldn't have come at a better time), Ultimate Rare Pulling the Rug and my second Ultimate Rare Gene-Warped Warwolf and Reign-Beaux, Overlord of Dark World (final card for my DW deck).

I'm a happy boy ^_^

16. Wow, nice pulls. :)

Imo, Neo-Parshath was probably the best one.

17. Dreamcoat

It was.

I had all the other cards already =/