• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Defending the Homeland! (872)

jrizza88

Meteorite
I personally loved this episode so much. The intensity from the music, the battle between Florges and goodra, although her getting Ko'd practically in one hit was a mess, but I guess this was more like a battle to the death?

I am unsure what is really going on with these two opposing sides, but TR was annoying AF for that cheap attack on Goodra. I legit wanted TR to blast off forever if you know what I mean.

Overall, I give the episode a 9.5/10. One of the best in XY so far, minus my homie Frogadier missing and TR for being so annoying.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I honestly wonder what kind of anime people have been watching for 18 years if this episode is now considered "crap animation"

phanpycross

God-king
I honestly wonder what kind of anime people have been watching for 18 years if this episode is now considered "crap animation"

No clue honestly, it's still prettier than all of DP and AG, and prolly even some of AG's movies in all honesty.

it isnt even the ugliest XY episode, as that honor goes to the episode prior to Ash vs. korrina, or one of the fillers.

jrizza88

Meteorite
No clue honestly, it's still prettier than all of DP and AG, and prolly even some of AG's movies in all honesty.

it isnt even the ugliest XY episode, as that honor goes to the episode prior to Ash vs. korrina, or one of the fillers.

Yeah, I think some of the scenes were dope. Especially the part where Florges was staring at goodra when she jumped on top of the water and caused the splash.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Friendly reminder to not pretend we understood the dialogue if we didn't and to not complain about nonexistent plot points we're just pretending were there due to the aforementioned. Thank you.

Navin

MALDREAD

A two-parter. An actual battle fought between two Pokemon factions. A one v one duel between the leaders.

This series has done some nice animation, especially in the gym episodes and the battles. But not using that quality for one of the hype episodes is disappointing, especially when it's obvious that the 1 v 1 duel could have been better by XY standards.

jrizza88

Meteorite
A two-parter. An actual battle fought between two Pokemon factions. A one v one duel between the leaders.

This series has done some nice animation, especially in the gym episodes and the battles. But not using that quality for one of the hype episodes is disappointing, especially when it's obvious that the 1 v 1 duel could have been better by XY standards.

The battle animation was not that bad..

LizardonX

Banned
Dendene and Pancham should be drowned in a poison swamp for daring to deny our lord and savior chespin his precious nourishment. Good thing there's one right here

The Goodra bits were good, but it's heavily marred by the fact that it's just a setup for it leaving. Too bad Ash couldn't have just dumped frogadier here instead.

Dendene and Pancham should be drowned in a poison swamp for daring to deny our lord and savior chespin his precious nourishment. Good thing there's one right here

The Goodra bits were good, but it's heavily marred by the fact that it's just a setup for it leaving. Too bad Ash couldn't have just dumped frogadier here instead.

Lmao your posts are random and really funny :D

Viex

I liked the feel of the episode. They should have more cliffhangers.I usually groan at the sight of TR but they actually played their part well. The animation took a hit but it's to be expected at least we know it will get better unlike other longstanding amines that seem to decrease in animation quality (I'm looking at you One piece ).

jason0597

So Team Rocket was behind it all....
Anyhow, decent episode. Though I didn't like how in the battle, it just stood there and spammed attacks. Needed a bit more action/movement, no?

Okay, guys I watched it with subs and it seems that Florges IS genuinely evil after all and Team Rocket were just helping it after they saw that it opposed Goodra.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I know Florges is clearly trying to cure its baby with the spring, but was non-Team Rocket-near genocide a bit too much? I don't see how it'll get redeemed after doing that.

That Ice Beam was hax, and so were those murderous Solarbeam flowers on the floor. Wow.

Despite my initial doubts about this episode being mediocre, I actually ended up enjoying this one. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I loved Team Rocket here but sneak attacking Goodra was not cool.
And Florges did all this for Floetta?

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
This is certainly something new. The gang getting advised to stay out of pokemon affairs and to let the wildlife handle things is much different than what they usually try to do. Glad to see that the former Goomy is getting a chance to put his newfound power boost to the test for a good cause.

>Those sandwiches on the table.
Well, those were some funny looking rice balls! :p

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself! I've been feeling giddy all day! :D

Anyway, when I watched this episode the first time last week I thought this was going to be the one where.... well, we all know what happens next, it doesn't need mentioning. Well, not in this thread. ;)

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
An unexpected two parter!

I like how we are returning to Goodra's home where it all began. It's a shame that Florges came in a spoilt it all through greed even though the spring could have been shared. I agree someone above that the battle was lacking movement but it was great that Goodra used Ice Beam as that will really help in future. I can't wait to see what happens next...

Nice episode, onto the next one!