• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Definitive Uber List

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Atlantius

Netbattle said:
Just a side note, how in the world can Skarbliss be uber, its not even a Pokemon for gods sake

I don't know. I never once referred to it as a poke, so don't ask me.

Skarmbliss needs a counter. Or, some very good strategizing (what I do-and I still have trouble with it at times). The other pokes you listed don't need counters, unless you have no idea what you're doing. I never said the Skarm-bliss combo should be considered Uber, all I said is that I personally felt that if Wobby is, so should the combo (and that's a personal thing, not some general rule). I don't like being considered a n00b, nor do I like your constant flaming and insults (this is directed mostly at HT). Now you can either grow up and quit this pointless debate, or continue to flame and fight with me.

And just for the records, when I said I'm not overcompetetive ('play-to-win), I mean I don't go completely OU-standard so I can get 999 wins and 0 losses. If you really need me to spell it out, I'll explain why exactly I play. But I should hope you're mature enough to figure it out on your own =/...

C

Cipher Admin Anti-Shipping

Shadowflare said:
I'm gunna go out and get flamed to death by saying I think TTar and the like are Ubers. I mean at least TTar, its got a freakin weather move to go with it...and Metagross just cuz of its stats. Ok I'm done....Of course I can counter it, but I still think its an Uber.

Oh and for those of you complaining about Skarmbliss and having to deal with a counter.....MAGNETON!! Its a great poke and can take out skarmory easily and blissey after a few metal sounds.

How...their stats are high than Tier 3 and 4 pokes, sure, but Sandstorm isn't that good, if Ttar is your lead, you screw your team a lot, like cancelling out Leftovers in many cases and SubReversalers can basically do nothing

And, how does Metal Sound take out Skarmory? Tell me

A

Atlantius

Rafael said:
How...their stats are high than Tier 3 and 4 pokes, sure, but Sandstorm isn't that good, if Ttar is your lead, you screw your team a lot, like cancelling out Leftovers in many cases and SubReversalers can basically do nothing

And, how does Metal Sound take out Skarmory? Tell me

They said metal sound for Bliss. And that won't work well, seeing that it can twave and seismic toss magneton to death. The only real good skarmbliss counters are Gengar, Ttar (both OU), or ampharos (though it doesn't work well for regular sweeping-at least not as well as the other two).

Netbattle

Banned
Blaziken/Beat Up houndoom/Swampert/Fire Blast Snorlax/Recover Alakazam are just a few that mess up 'Skarbliss'

C

Cromat

Atlantius said:
They said metal sound for Bliss. And that won't work well, seeing that it can twave and seismic toss magneton to death. The only real good skarmbliss counters are Gengar, Ttar (both OU), or ampharos (though it doesn't work well for regular sweeping-at least not as well as the other two).

Thunderpunch Metagross, CB Heracross, CB Medicham, CB Slaking, Magneton + Snorlax/Gyarados/Heracross, Sleep Talk Zapdos and Suicune, CM-BP Celebi, Fire Blast Snorlax, Tyranitar, Salamence, Gengar, Umbreon, HP Fire Sceptile, Tentacruel, Blaziken, Ampharos, Dragonite, Jirachi, Recover Alakazam, Trickband Alakazam, Sleep Talk Slowbro, Subpunch Electabuzz/Magmar, Dugtrio (if they don't have Ice Beam), Rhydon, Surf Swampert, Volbeat (Tail Glow, BP to Starmie or whatever).

I have no time to list everything, those are just of the top of my head.

Ampharos, Gengar and Tyranitar are not the only counters lol

that's not to say stall teams are easy to beat, most have other pokemon to take care of other threats, but a decent offensive team with pokemon that can hurt everything can beat defensive teams. just use some of the above and you'll be fine.

M

Moonlight

'Fro-Dizzy @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Hewt Gardevoir
- Lol Internet
- Dan Dan
- 00b3rn33s

That's my set for a 'Fro-Dizzy.

Anyway, an uber is by definition, something overpowered. Although Ho-oh and Rayquaza are strong and considered uber, they're beaten with Rock/Ice attacks. The ubers are all those in Tier 1, all those in Tier 2 except Slaking, and in Tier 3, Latios, Latias, and all Deoxys forms. Also in a different tier, Wobbuffet because it's very hard to counter.

For example, Calmgia. Basically an even stronger version of Calmcune. Higher HP, higher Defense, and way higher Special Defense. CM up and you've got yourself one hefty tank. 359 Defense Max with Neutral Nature isn't shabby, as is Max HP at 416.

[20:18:52] <DarkBot> Hydra's BLISSEY used SEISMIC TOSS!
[20:18:52] <DarkBot> turtle2's RAIKOU fainted! (Hydra: 3 - turtle2: 0)
[20:18:52] <DarkBot> turtle2 is out of usable Pokemon!

talk about no offense

Also, Jirachi is evil. Whoever removed oober status from Jirachi needs to be shot. Not seriously. It IS evil though.

C

Cromat

Kari Kagome & Mewtwo said:
[20:18:52] <DarkBot> Hydra's BLISSEY used SEISMIC TOSS!
[20:18:52] <DarkBot> turtle2's RAIKOU fainted! (Hydra: 3 - turtle2: 0)
[20:18:52] <DarkBot> turtle2 is out of usable Pokemon!

talk about no offense

Also, Jirachi is evil. Whoever removed oober status from Jirachi needs to be shot. Not seriously. It IS evil though.

Exactly why Raikou has become UU. Too easily stopped by the most commonest pokemon. No one uses Raikou anymore, it's really rather sad. Everyone had gone to either Celebi/Tyranitar/Zapdos or to Jirachi.

Blissey has zero offense. 100 constant damage is nothing. Not to mention, if Raikou had Rest it wouldv'e beaten it too lol. Blissey isn't that great of a pokemon, it's main use is to Heal Bell. Luckily that's enough of a reason to use it (and indeed I do) but it provides so many setups, it's become somewhat of a burden. I'm not the only one to share this view. Heracross and Tyranitar party on Blissey's ***. So does Slaking. If however, I wouldv'e used Snorlax as my special wall, Heracross would think twice before showing his ***, so will Tyranitar, if I have EQ. And Slaking too, will get beaten if I Curse while he switches in. Anyway I honestly believe that as a special sponge today Snorlax is better than Blissey. My team is defensive (what some would call "OU" "gay" "stall") so it needs Aromatherapy to wake up from Rests. Otherwise I would ditch Blissey :[

Ham

Banned
wants_latios_lots said:
Umm....When HT says you ignored the entire thread, he means....well, exactly what he says....If you will spend a few minutes going to page 2 of this thread, theres an entire 2 posts on a battle with a wobbuffet. It's "00ber" because it can use encore and then use mirror coat/counter acordingly. I'm guessing you've never, ever, ever, ever used a wobbufet. With It's rediculously high HP, it can use mirror coat/counter and deal a whole lot of damage. And Suicune with CM is probably better then raikou with CM.

It's the semi-inmortality that makes CMCune better.

Raikou just doesn't CM as well. average Def doesn't help.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
wants_latios_lots said:
It's "00ber" because it can use encore and then use mirror coat/counter acordingly.
i think you should use your own advice and read the thread >.>

its uber cuz encore + switch, yey stat booster... =\

can we please just drop it... wobbu is uber

if you disagree, youre wrong

G

GameCubeKing

Cromat said:
Thunderpunch Metagross, CB Heracross, CB Medicham, CB Slaking, Magneton + Snorlax/Gyarados/Heracross, Sleep Talk Zapdos and Suicune, CM-BP Celebi, Fire Blast Snorlax, Tyranitar, Salamence, Gengar, Umbreon, HP Fire Sceptile, Tentacruel, Blaziken, Ampharos, Dragonite, Jirachi, Recover Alakazam, Trickband Alakazam, Sleep Talk Slowbro, Subpunch Electabuzz/Magmar, Dugtrio (if they don't have Ice Beam), Rhydon, Surf Swampert, Volbeat (Tail Glow, BP to Starmie or whatever).

I have no time to list everything, those are just of the top of my head.

Ampharos, Gengar and Tyranitar are not the only counters lol

that's not to say stall teams are easy to beat, most have other pokemon to take care of other threats, but a decent offensive team with pokemon that can hurt everything can beat defensive teams. just use some of the above and you'll be fine.

CB Heracross is not very good as a SkarmBliss counter pokey, because Heracross can't OHKO Skarmory, 1 Drill Peck and it's bye bye Heracross.

G

Glowing Volbeat

In-depth explanations on why they're not vulnerable.

Jirachi is not uber, because Doom Desire leaves it vulnerable for 2 turns. Earthquake or Flamethrower could spell doom.
Slaking isn't uber, as its Truant ability leaves it vulnerable to a Focus Punch.
Celebi is not uber because Megahorn can KO it, along with other moves.
Articuno isn't uber because it has four weaknesses (4x to Rock).
Zapdos is uber. End of story. Drill Peck/Thunderbolt/Rain Dance/Thunder...
Moltres isn't uber, because it also, like Articuno has 4x weakness against rock.
Raikou is NOT uber because of average defense, and it could fall prey against one Earthquake.
Suicune is uber, and don't discuss this with me. Teach it Dive and Surf, along with Calm Mind for one of the strongest Sui on the field. It has little weaknesses, and if your foe has Solarbeam and Sunny Day, swap for somebody 1/4th strong against Grass.
Entei isn't uber, and it doesn't learn Eruption. :(
Regice, Registeel, Regirock are NOT uber. They're almost Shuckle slow, and they may be monotypes, but if you have a good type, you can defeat them. Two Regis fall prey to Earthquake, and Regice is incinerated by Fire. Heck, a Charizard could defeat them, with Earthquake and Flamethrower as its only two moves.

That is all. If you want to debate against the nonubers, feel free. ;359;

Netbattle

Banned
ShadowAbsol said:
In-depth explanations on why they're not vulnerable.

Jirachi is not uber, because Doom Desire leaves it vulnerable for 2 turns. Earthquake or Flamethrower could spell doom.
Slaking isn't uber, as its Truant ability leaves it vulnerable to a Focus Punch.
Celebi is not uber because Megahorn can KO it, along with other moves.
Articuno isn't uber because it has four weaknesses (4x to Rock).
Zapdos is uber. End of story. Drill Peck/Thunderbolt/Rain Dance/Thunder...
Moltres isn't uber, because it also, like Articuno has 4x weakness against rock.
Raikou is NOT uber because of average defense, and it could fall prey against one Earthquake.
Suicune is uber, and don't discuss this with me. Teach it Dive and Surf, along with Calm Mind for one of the strongest Sui on the field. It has little weaknesses, and if your foe has Solarbeam and Sunny Day, swap for somebody 1/4th strong against Grass.
Entei isn't uber, and it doesn't learn Eruption. :(
Regice, Registeel, Regirock are NOT uber. They're almost Shuckle slow, and they may be monotypes, but if you have a good type, you can defeat them. Two Regis fall prey to Earthquake, and Regice is incinerated by Fire. Heck, a Charizard could defeat them, with Earthquake and Flamethrower as its only two moves.

That is all. If you want to debate against the nonubers, feel free. ;359;

Exactly why i want this thread closed and why pokemon sucks

NO ONE USE DOOM DESIRE JIRACHI

That zapdos isn't worth fighting as it is complete bull**** and its not uber ffs

Dive Suicune is the epitome of uber, **** no suicune dived, plus lapras/politoed/poliwrath/quagsire/vaporeon stop non-ice beam Suicune

lol regice's Sdef is gonna lose to charizards flamethrower, regirock will rock slide your said charizard to the ground.

ATTN MOD PLEASE CLOSE THREAD SO POSTS LIKE THE QUOTED POST ARE STOPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P

psymike

Netbattle said:
Deoxys / Deoxys-E / Deoxys-F / Deoxys-L / Groudon / Ho-oh / Kyogre / Latias / Latios / Lugia / Mew / Mewtwo / Rayquaza / Wobbuffet.

These are the ONLY pokemon that are uber

Jirachi, isn't uber due too it's 'limited movepool'

Celebi, isn't uber due too the fact that it has 7 weaknesses (4x to Bug,2x to Fire/Flying/Posion/Ice/Dark/Ghost)

Slaking isn't uber despite having the same base stat total as kyogre, due to its abillity Truant

Other legends aren't uber (Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres/Raikou/Suicune/Entei/Regice/Registeel/Regirock)
no matter how much you say they are, they aren't.

How comes you can't trade Mew or Deoxys?

Wobuffet is uber?

A

Atomic Jirachii

Groudon may be strong, but he is definatly NOT uber only eruption or earthquake could be to strong but everything other isn't really strong (not much good earth attacks less STAB bonus) so he is strong but not UBER

Hey Micky!

psymike said:
How comes you can't trade Mew or Deoxys?
Because Nintendo are milking the Cash Cow and want to make you buy an AR ;)

psymike said:
Wobuffet is uber?
Have you ever faced that thing? In the right hands it's Uber. If you can counter it (which can only be done by Shadow Balling Ghosts, Crunching Dark types and Choice Band + Swarmed + Megahorn Heracross) it'll switch out, meaning only Toxic Dugtrio/Trapinch/Gardevoir/Porygon2 can truly counter it.

Atomic Jirachii said:
Groudon may be strong, but he is definatly NOT uber only eruption or earthquake could be to strong but everything other isn't really strong (not much good earth attacks less STAB bonus) so he is strong but not UBER
Sword Dance/Earthquake/Rock Slide/Flamethrower

Any idea how much that will destroy? Huge Defense, Great HP, Above average Special Defense + Max Speed + Sword Danced Base 150 Attack (That's about 800 Attack by the way) + Flamethrower so that even Skarmory can't stop it. If that's not Uber the game is broken.

Anyway, this really only applies to Competitive battles since Ingame has no rules.

- Reclosing this because these arguements are gonna be going around in circles. Don't even know "why" this is in ingame when Ubers don't apply to ingame anyway >.> *sigh* I suppose it's a reference for anyone Ingame who's considering entering the competitive Battling forum >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.