• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Degrassi Shippings Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:
Welcome to the Degrassi Shipping Thread!

(Only for The Next Generation; not the old ones)

A lot of people know Degrassi, right? If you don't, here's some info:

Degrassi: The Next Generation is the fourth series in the entire Degrassi franchise. The Show, like the ones before it, is about a group of teenagers attending Degrassi Community School. Since it's a teen drama, there's always a little bit of romance, right?
(;

Rules:
1. Follow all of SPPf's General Rules

2. Do not SPAM. SPAM is a Stupid, Pointless, Annoying Message. SPAM has nothing to do with the topic and is completely... well... pointless. This is an example of SPAM:

I like Degrassi! I LUV Jay x Manny!!!!! They're sooooooooooo cute!!!!!!~!!!!!!!!~!!!!!!!!!!~!!!

... Uh, no. Don't do it, you'll look like an a**

3. Stay on topic. This Thread is for the discussion of Degrassi Shippings, and Degrassi Shippings only. This is an example of going off topic:

Yeah. I like Jay x Manny too. Anyways, did you guys hear that new Ashley Tisdale song? It's really good. You HAVE to hear it!!! 8D

... No. If want to talk about your everyday life, do it somewhere like LiveJournal or MSN

4. When talking about episodes that are airing in Canada, or that haven't aired on The-N yet, use Spoiler Tags.

5. Follow the Shippers Community Rules

sweetpikachu
Mizumi
Araleon

So now, lets get started with the official SPPf Degrassi Shipping Thread!

What is/are your favorite Degrassi couple(s), and why?
To be honest, I like a lot of them, but my all-time favorite is Emma x Sean. They were so sweet together at the beginning of the series. Emma always comforted Sean, and Sean was always ready to have Emma's head on his shoulder. <3

Carry on people, and have fun.
oh god let people post in this thread xD

Last edited:

Mizumi

dazzles everybody!
Degrassi~ <3 I haven't been really keeping up with this show, so I may not remember a lot of the couples XD

Hmm... Tough one, but I'd have to say Emma and Kelly (guy XD). Emma and Kelly were so sweet when he tought her guitar, their interactions were very sweet, and they also had those 'awkward' moments. XD It's too bad Kelly's old girlfriend got back together with him )': They would have made an awesome couple.

Araleon

Chill
I really like Degrassi, as embarrassing as it may be, and I have kept up it it.

My number one ship is definitely Emma and Sean (Semma). They've been throug so much and they are perfect for each other. Plus the writers always have them wind up with each other again.

Another one is Craig and Ellie (Crellie). I don't like Crashley like most ans because I dislike Ashley and like Ellie a lot more. I think Ashley is a hypocrit when it comes to cheating. Also, Craig and Ellie get each other.

My second favorite ship is (well, was) JT and Liberty (Jiberty). I think they were the only couple whose dramam would not keep them apart for long. They couldn't go through a semester of break up and the when e was gonna tell her he loved her, he died. Twas a sad ending for him. RIP.

Another one is Jay and Manny (Jayanny?). I think it was a good move on the writers parts. Manny needed to get over Craig for good, and now she has. And Jay needed someone in his life just because. When I saw the previews for Paradise City on The-N, I was happy to see Jay consoling Manny.

My final favorite couple is Spinner and Jane (Spane). They ar eperfct for each other. They really do complete each other. I think Spinner has been happiest with Jane, she treats him right , not like a toy (Paige) or take him for granted (Darcy).

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:
My second favorite ship is (well, was) JT and Liberty (Jiberty). I think they were the only couple whose dramam would not keep them apart for long. They couldn't go through a semester of break up and the when e was gonna tell her he loved her, he died. Twas a sad ending for him. RIP.

YAY! A JT x Liberty supporter! Those ones are really hard to find now that JT's dead. )= They actually were an awesome couple, hehe, and Liberty's crush on JT at the beginning of the series helped too. <3 I miss them together. It's too bad the writers had to kill off JT. Plus, like you said, he died right as he was going to tell her he still loved her... )'=

Another one is Jay and Manny (Jayanny?). I think it was a good move on the writers parts. Manny needed to get over Craig for good, and now she has. And Jay needed someone in his life just because. When I saw the previews for Paradise City on The-N, I was happy to see Jay consoling Manny.

Jay x Manny are also awesome together. <3 Like you said, she really needed to get over Craig, and fast. Plus, Craig wasn't even 'right' for Manny. She had to do cocaine just to make him happy. Manny also changed Jay very much. When Jay started dating Manny, he changed from the drug-dealing bully he was, to a really sweet guy who cared for his girlfriend.

My final favorite couple is Spinner and Jane (Spane). They ar eperfct for each other. They really do complete each other. I think Spinner has been happiest with Jane, she treats him right , not like a toy (Paige) or take him for granted (Darcy).

YES. Finally, someone sees the sweetness in Spinner x Jane. Spinner is really happy with Jane. And, look at how similar they are. They have the same personalities. Even though I like Spinner x Darcy also, Spinner x Jane makes more sense.

Any Jimmy x Ashley supporters also? They were also an awesome couple. <3

Last edited:

Mizumi

dazzles everybody!
Any Jimmy x Ashley supporters also? They were also an awesome couple. <3

JIMMY x ASHLEY~ <3 Another awesome couple. They were dating since the beginning... At least until Ashley got high on ecstasy and broke up with him. (XD) To be honest, I got really upset when that happened. )': But I was really happy when they got back together later in the series... At least until they broke up again (I think). The only problem with Jimmy x Ashley was that they had an on-and-off relationship. I would have liked it if their realtionship had stayed strong throughout the series. :/

Araleon

Chill
sweetpikachu - Yes! I used to ship him with Darcy, but then Jane came along and they mes really well.

I have a question, how are we gonna do what goes in spoilers and what doesn't? Are we gonna go with the current episode in Canada or the US? (votes Canada because they're further along)

Even though I'm not in Canada, I saw the preview and read the description or Degrassi 818, Danger Zone. There is a shooting at the Dot where Holly J is trying to decide if she wants t go to the dance with Blue, even if she may like Spinner.

When I saw the Spinner thing, I immediately felt bad for Holly J. I can't see him ditching Jane for her, but I can see him feeling really bad and him trying to get her back with Blue. [s[or Toby[/s]. Just kidding on that last guy.

Eh, I guess I would ship JimAsh, I used to like him with Hazel, but I don't really care for him. I'd rather him not end up with Trina though. I have a hard time shipping Jimmy.

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:
sweetpikachu - Yes! I used to ship him with Darcy, but then Jane came along and they mes really well.
I know! At the beginning when he first met Jane, it was hard to choose, but after I saw how happy he was with her, I decided Spinner x Jane was way better.

Even though I'm not in Canada, I saw the preview and read the description or Degrassi 818, Danger Zone. There is a shooting at the Dot where Holly J is trying to decide if she wants t go to the dance with Blue, even if she may like Spinner.

When I saw the Spinner thing, I immediately felt bad for Holly J. I can't see him ditching Jane for her, but I can see him feeling really bad and him trying to get her back with Blue. [s[or Toby[/s]. Just kidding on that last guy.

Alright, good idea, we'll use Spoil Tags when we talk about Canada eh episodes. That also includes talking about episodes that haven't aired on The-N yet.

Truth be told, I think Holly J might really have a thing for Spinner. I'm just confused as to whether she would be better Shipped with Blue or Spinner. Like you said, I can't see him giving up Jane, but I bet he would feel really bad for her. and she looked ugly with toby! geek chic?!

Araleon

Chill
Ok, spoiler tags it is.

Well, teydidn't look that bad together, but she's better with Blue. I saw the last episode, and she still liked him there and he liked her, so I'm wondering why would she change her mind. Plus it seems she has become friends with Jane and after everything she went through about friends and loyalty this season, she wouldn't want to mess things up. Would she?

Mizumi

dazzles everybody!
Holly J having a thing for Spinner? I've seen some reasonable hints between those two. I did like when Holly J's family was having money troubles, Spinner made her feel better by telling her about all of the tough times he went through, and that if he could get through that, Holly J could get through her money troubles. <3

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:
Well, I'm not really sure about Holly J. To me, she would look good with both Blue and Spinner. =/

And another thing, Claire confuses me XD She shows hints of liking both KC and Connor. To be honest, I think she might be better with KC. They showed really cute hints at the beginning of the Season when they first met eachother. Tough choice.

Discuss?

Araleon

Chill
Well, in light oft he recent episode, I can safely say I am still a Blolly J fan, but like the Spinner/Holly J friendship.

Well, Holly J did openly admit a crush on Spinner, and he said that he was flattered, but he liked what he had with Jane. He encouraged her to go to the dance with Blue, and she did and it was a very Blolly J moment in the end, I heard, with her dancing with him and telling him why she didn't go to the concert with him back in Money for Nothing.

I really want to see this episode!

And now we wait for the hopeful reunion of Manny and Jay in Paradise City. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.