• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Delcatty Got Your Tongue? (336)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Delcatty Got Your Tongue?

On their travels, Ash & Co. meet a trainer with a Delcatty. She is one of the legendary co-ordinators. May asks her for techniques on how to win with her Skitty. However Team Rocket have their eyes set on the Delcatty. Willt hey succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

S

staticbear

delcatty is cool

i like delcatty is cool especially with the move covet i get tons of free stuff from wild pokemon i missed this episode and im sad about it ;150; ;150;

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ha, anyone amazed that 4kids adds BLATANT sexual innuendo in the show, yet if there was any animation that was questionable it would have been edited out? I mean c'mon, Brock's heart throbbing out of his chest, and asking the coordinator that by doing some pressure pointing they can really "rock and roll". Also by the tone of Brock's voice, you can tell what was being stated. I find it funny that 4kids has no problem with sexual innuendo implied, yet if anything is SHOWN they have to cut up and butcher the scenes.

Anyway it was a decent ep. I liked seeing what the Grand Festival trophy looked like, as well as the flashbacks (Kirlia and Flygon!). Also nice to see the Moon Stone mentioned.

The Delcatty was pretty strong, loved it's attacks. Skitty learning Blizzard was great, I'd love to see it learn Thudnerbolt some day as well.

Still an average episode though. Not really that much better than what we would have seen in Master Quest.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Well, this was a pretty good episode. It did kinda remind me of the aromatherapy ep though. Skitty is hurt, they take it to get healed at a clinic, etc. Oh well, it's not that similar so it doesn't really bother me, I just couldn't help noticing. It was cool to see Skitty learning blizzard, and the concept of Abby being a contest champion was cool too. I also thought the music in this episode was alright for a dub episode. Maybe 4Kids is putting a bit more effort into it lately. Then again, I seem to remember making a similar comment about it a while ago so maybe it's just a fluke. Did anyone else think TR was hilarious in this episode? I laughed out loud when Jessie said Meowth had been hurt in a bizarre yodeling accident.XD And then James said there must be something wrong with him because all he does is whine and complain.:p

Last edited:

V Faction

www.faction.com
What an exceptionally charming episode.

-That was an interesting title introduction by Ash. It was edgy, said pretty much the same way the original saying would've been said in a convo.

-A lot of Old School goodness from Team Rocket. Persian, the Eevees... And they all were contained in some funny dialogue!

-Who else loves all these battles? Seeing Torkoal was great, Delcatty was a beast, and Skitty must be something special with all the stuff its accomplishing.

*Cacnea Hugs*
"James: Ow! Yes, I love you too!"

-Delcatty got its Japanese voice. That's sure to make people happy.

-During Jonnie's flashback battles, you could hear the faint cry of the Pokemon it was battling (Kirlia, Zangoose, Swampert). And thankfully, they had all their specific grunts and sounds. Continuity is always good, remember that kids! *kicks Slugma*

-It was fun to see the Flygon trainer in motion finally. I never did get a clear picture of it on the site. That was too awesome.

-I believe 4Kids have become experts at interpreting the Japanese names into fairly appropriate English names. Ayane was Abby. I don't know if Dr. Moss was given a name in the original, but it was a nice one none the less.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Welp, here's the proof. The best co-ordiantor in Hoenn and she got her head handed to her on a silver platter by the first trainer she met. Not to mention nearly got Jonny (WTF 0.o) killed. I believe that goes to prove the arguement that co-ordinators who only do contests are not trainers and not as good as trainers when it comes to battle.

V Faction

www.faction.com
The Big Al said:
Welp, here's the proof. The best co-ordiantor in Hoenn and she got her head handed to her on a silver platter by the first trainer she met. Not to mention nearly got Jonny (WTF 0.o) killed. I believe that goes to prove the arguement that co-ordinators who only do contests are not trainers and not as good as trainers when it comes to battle.

The only thing it proves is that this squabble between Trainer fans and Coodinator fans will never end!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Considering the writers treated that Flygon as a "almost legendary" (a la Dragonite, Salamence, Tyranitar and Absol) it's no surprise that it beat a Skitty.

L

Lindsay

A serious battle with Team Idiot to start the episode? Not bad. But my favorite little Skitty got hurt!! :(

Anyway yay a filler town. And with a clinic instead of a PKMN Center was anyone else hoping for the return of Doctor Proctor? Oh well. Instead its run by legendary super trainer out of nowhere. And I didn't much care for this lady.

She seemed kinda cold to me. Now I'm no Brock fan but the flat uncaring way she said "That's nice." in response to him saying he wanted to be the best breeder was just wrong. And then she tried to train May's Skitty to use Blizzard! NO! That is just wrong. It should have been May telling Skitty to watch Delcatty. Ugh..what a rip.

Anyhow Team Idiot were amusing for once especially Meowth and their blasting off goofiness. Sadly though the daydream crap was brought back which ticked me off.

4 / 5

Despite the daydream and that nasty healer lady this episode was great. I mean when there's actually an episode that Team Idiot is bearable you know it has something good going for it.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Cybercubed said:
Ha, anyone amazed that 4kids adds BLATANT sexual innuendo in the show, yet if there was any animation that was questionable it would have been edited out? I mean c'mon, Brock's heart throbbing out of his chest, and asking the coordinator that by doing some pressure pointing they can really "rock and roll". Also by the tone of Brock's voice, you can tell what was being stated.

Ha Ha, I just listened to it again and he sounds like freaking Elvis! Brock's character rocks. He's on a roll!

Heracross

Custom User Title
Heh, I just thought Brock sounded funny when he said that, but now that I think about it, he did sound like Elvis.XD He cracks me up.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
V Faction said:
The only thing it proves is that this squabble between Trainer fans and Coodinator fans will never end!

You have to admit, battling in nothing but contests halls doesn't help a co-ordinator in the sticks. Think of all the factors Co-ordinators are sheltered from in contest halls.

Things that aren't in Contest halls
-Weather (Very important facotr as it can affect Pokemon attacks)
-Terrain (Can also be a factor as it affects certain Pokemon skills)
-Unlimited time
-Wild Pokemon on the prawl
-Other Trainers
-Fight to Damage, not dazzle
And other stuff. Co-ordiantors battle in very sterile enviroments compared to trainers.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
The Big Al said:
You have to admit, battling in nothing but contests halls doesn't help a co-ordinator in the sticks. Think of all the factors Co-ordinators are sheltered from in contest halls.

Things that aren't in Contest halls
-Weather (Very important facotr as it can affect Pokemon attacks)
-Terrain (Can also be a factor as it affects certain Pokemon skills)
-Unlimited time
-Wild Pokemon on the prawl
-Other Trainers
-Fight to Damage, not dazzle
And other stuff. Co-ordiantors battle in very sterile enviroments compared to trainers.
Don't coordinators have to travel around the world and in different environments on the way to each contest hall also? They go through the same sort of thing as pokémon trainers and aren't just stuck situated in the same place each and every day. They still have the factors of wild pokémon, other trainers (because technically they are trainers) and weather conditions to contend with.
Contest halls aren't that much different from Pokémon gyms really. The majority of the time, pokémon gym battles are held on a flat battlefield from what we've seen over the years. Thats not much different from how a contest works.
And they are expected to inflict as much damage as possible. It all whittles down to the percentage of health left at the end, and anything can change that percentage if your gaurd is let down. The time limit just makes it all the more desperate. And theres the fact that they have to be creative in the way they defeat the opposition~ ....*shrugs* ^.^

Bah, I wish these episodes would air sooner in the UK, its a pain not being able to contribute much to the discussion episode-wise ~.~;

R

Robert

This was an okay episode, but not extremely good in any catagory. I am glad May's using Skitty in her next contest, though. :)

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Gravy said:
Don't coordinators have to travel around the world and in different environments on the way to each contest hall also? They go through the same sort of thing as pokémon trainers and aren't just stuck situated in the same place each and every day. They still have the factors of wild pokémon, other trainers (because technically they are trainers) and weather conditions to contend with.
If May is any indication (and fear she is) most co-ordinators train by using props than actually fighting. Because you cannot mimic a contest battle, you'd be hard pressed to be able to train in that way. However, there are a few co-ordinators who battle like the Dusclops trainer. But I do fear they are in the minority.
Contest halls aren't that much different from Pokémon gyms really. The majority of the time, pokémon gym battles are held on a flat battlefield from what we've seen over the years. Thats not much different from how a contest works.
We've seen open gyms (like Falkner's and Winona's), gyms with water battle fields (like Misty's), gyms with terrain (like Brock's, Bugsy's, and Roxane's). then there are gym matches that were outisde or in some uncontroled enviroment (like Koga's, Blaine's, Whitney's, Brawly's, and Liza & Tate's). So that's half of the main stream gyms.
And they are expected to inflict as much damage as possible. It all whittles down to the percentage of health left at the end, and anything can change that percentage if your gaurd is let down. The time limit just makes it all the more desperate. And theres the fact that they have to be creative in the way they defeat the opposition~ ....*shrugs* ^.^
Beat them with style, *yawns*. Any trainer can go into the hurry up offense, however, it takes great trainers to battle for the duration. Contests remove the endurance factor from battles and that alone can seperate great trainers from the wanna-bes.

L

Lindsay

Operating on a time limit can help a trainer think on their feet better and learn to operate more efficiently so that's +1 for co-ordinators.

D

Ditzy_Blonde

If May is any indication (and fear she is) most co-ordinators train by using props than actually fighting. Because you cannot mimic a contest battle, you'd be hard pressed to be able to train in that way. However, there are a few co-ordinators who battle like the Dusclops trainer. But I do fear they are in the minority.

You seem to be basing all your information on Coordinators on what May does. You do realize she is a beginner, and therefore misguided in many of her decisions? It's foolish to assume that Coordinators don't paticipate in basic battles when part of the contests they participate in is an actual battle. I'd say that Coordinators participate in battles just like trainers do. We've seen May in many battles.

The "endurance factor" you speak of actually make contests battles more difficult, cuz they force the coordinators to think more and deliver more effect in a shorter time frame.

So basically, it's mere oppinion to say that battling to damage is superior to battling to dazzle. I for one am MUCH more interested in contests than battles. Anyone can just brutely battle. It takes more effort to dazzle, and THAT seperates the "wannabes" for me.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Just because a pokémon has to perform well in a contest hall doesn't mean that it is not also capable of proving itself in normal battles. And the same can also be said for coordinators. May I refer you back to "Flower Power" during the Johto Journies. That was way before the concept of contest halls, but you can still see that the moves the Belossom use to dazzle the crowd are the same ones they then use to pwn TR's pokémon (which admittedly isn't much of accomplishment, but you see what I mean). Even without the endurance factor, the time limit forces coordinators to think on their feet and make quick decisions, skills which are vital in any competative battling.