• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Delcatty Got Your Tongue? (336)

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Squeaky Yugi said:
Why did the doctor agree to let her Skitty evolve? Skitty is so much cuter, and it occurred to me that maybe Delcatty would take some time to get used to its new body. Personally, I'd rather have 2 Skittys than a Skitty and a Delcatty
The doctor gave her the Moonstone, and given how rare and valuable they are its not something you'd reject. And the Skitty had no problem with evolving so there you have it, Delcatty. Cuteness isn't everything after all.

And she only had one Skitty and then one Delcatty when it evolved, I;m not sure what you meant by "a Skitty and a Delcatty."

<><><>

And can't we just accept that it learned the move Blizzard easily because it was being taught by a Master Coordinator and copying an extremely experienced Delcatty. It's not as though it mastered the move, when it tries again later it fails.

G

Geki

I liked this episode. Dr. Abby was pretty cool, and I liked how her Delcatty had Thunder and Blizzard, you don't ever see that in the anime. Seeing how Abby's Skitty get defeated by Lance and his Flygon was priceless too.

7/10

Nekagi

Eevee Fan
( First post in 2 years )

This has to be one of the best Hoenn episodes I've ever watched.

However, I find Seviper to be SO annoying in that episode, considering that it was its fault for knocking Skitty into Torkoal, causing the Live Coal Pokemon to expel smoke in self-defense and getting said smoke into Skitty's lungs.

But the bright side is, we meet Dr. Abby, who happens to be a LEGENDARY Coordinator, and one of the coolest Pokemon belonging to a Character Of The Day ever, a Delcatty named Joanie ! I was so impressed by Joanie's moveset, that I always teach my Delcatty in Emerald Thunderbolt, Blizzard, and Assist.

The Doubleslap demonstration with Skitty flailing its forelegs was so cute. ^^

If I may repeat myself, This has to be one of the best Hoenn episodes I've ever watched.

HoennMaster

( First post in 2 years )

Was it necessary to point out the obvious?

But the bright side is, we meet Dr. Abby, who happens to be a LEGENDARY Coordinator, and one of the coolest Pokemon belonging to a Character Of The Day ever, a Delcatty named Joanie ! I was so impressed by Joanie's moveset, that I always teach my Delcatty in Emerald Thunderbolt, Blizzard, and Assist.

Its name is Johnny

However, I find Seviper to be SO annoying in that episode, considering that it was its fault for knocking Skitty into Torkoal.

Your annoyed by it because of that? Yeah, that makes so much sense.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This episode always made me want to see May with a Delcatty. Sad that it never happened, and even when she came back for DP she still had Skitty.

May seems to have evolved all of her pokemon except for Munchlax and Skitty. She needs to find a Moonstone somewhere.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
-That was an interesting title introduction by Ash. It was edgy, said pretty much the same way the original saying would've been said in a convo.

-A lot of Old School goodness from Team Rocket. Persian, the Eevees... And they all were contained in some funny dialogue!

*Cacnea Hugs*
"James: Ow! Yes, I love you too!"

I agree with all these statements. Love those old school tidbits ^___^

I found it quite odd that Skitty can learn Blizzard... really I did. But now I've come to love that move ^_^ I wish I could say it's special, but now we have Buneary & Ice Beam... *sigh*

Ah well, a fair episode just the same.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great episode, i loved how Skitty managed to learn a new move.
And Delcatty was cute.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Glad we got to meet a famous Coordinator for once; all of the others were just beginners like May was at that point. I was also glad to see Drew and Flygon in that flashback scene, though they didn't appear together until late Hoenn I believe. I also like how they turned Delcatty's debut into a teaching experience for both May and her Skitty. 6/10, cool episode.

Last edited:

saar

Shiny Flygon
Delcatty had many moves. I wish they had it teached some more moves so Skitty would have gotten stronger. At least Snow, which is only one move.

Also, I wonder who was the Flygon trainer.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
The only thing I liked about this episode was Johnny the Delcatty and Dr. Abby, that's about it.

OK episode.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was great to see Delcatty for the 1st time. It was great to see Skitty learning how to use Blizzard, a very powerful move. Covet is a really cool move that the Delcatty uses. It was cool to see Kirlia and Flygon in flashbacks, plus what the Grand Festival Trophy looks like. It was great to see A Moon Stone reference since it has been mention in a long time.

30/100

THa pkmn masta

Master Trainer
i like it its kewl

Vernikova

Champion
Joanie was a pretty cool Pokemon. Certainly better than all of the other Pokemon on the main cast at this point. It's too bad that Abby couldn't show up again since she was a pretty interesting character.

7threst

This episode was alright in some ways. I liked how the focus was laid on May and her Skitty and I thought Team Rocket disguising themselves in those Austrian clothes was hilarious. It was also cool to see a grand festival winner and her Delcatty and Skitty learning Blizzard.

I personally think this is one of AG's better fillers. Team Rocket started with a good old pitfall trap, always good. And Dr. Abby was really cool, it was fun to see Delcatty, I used to like that Pokemon a lot some years ago, and it was just cool to see Delcatty and Skitty work together later in the episode, and to see how Skitty learns Blizzard. 7/10 for an okay episode.