• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Del's Delirious Fanfiction Deli - Summer Serving

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
IMPORTANT NOTICE! (Please read!) - There have been some difficulties with this entry. Basically, it's been a lone project. As much as I've managed it, it's not something I can do every quarter. As such, unless I can get some extra help, the Autumn Serving may be the last one I do. This is a sad decision for me to make as I feel this is a valuable part of the Fanfiction Community, particularly given it ties in with the Reviewer's Leaderboard, and it helps authors to get more views and feedback. Not to mention, I enjoy doing it. It's just hard to do it alone.

May I direct you to my Recruitment Thread if you feel you are able to help in any way?

Well, onto the fun part!

Here is the Summer Serving for the Deli! (I managed to make it in June! Whew!) Here we have the hottest and most refreshing servings I've scouted out!

Newbie Club on Rye

Astral Genealogy by SGMijumaru​

SGMijumaru is one of the newer members to the Serebii Fanfiction Community, and with it they've brought two stories. Astral Genealogy is one of them, and is a real treat to read.

They've strung together a fantastical story. Not quite PMD, but a Pokemon-centric universe with a high fantasy dressing, which is deliciously put together. Each chapter leaves one craving more.

There are two main characters. An Oshawott named Rune and a Clefable named Ariala. Both these characters come from different planets, both of which are creatively interwoven. It's better to see their description of it in the story than to have me try to explain it here. But the universe is so well described it's impossible not to imagine.

Onto the plot. The two planets – Eris and Faernia – are at war. And in order to try to bring that war to an end, Prince Rune and Princess Ariala are to be wed. So both pokemon are on a journey to meet one another. But something very dark is at work, and Faernia's Tapus are not happy about it.

On their journeys, we are introduced to a cast of colourful and unique characters that are very well thought out. From the musical Galen to the hybrid Vincent, it's difficult to choose a favourite. And yes... I even like Charle... even if he's rather insulting to Vincent at times. But cats will be cats.

If you've not read this yet, I implore you to give it a go. It's fantastic. I'll be hoping to try out SGMijumaru's other story very soon too!

Review by Delirious Absol

Hidden Gem, Ham and Cucumber

The Grunt Anthology by The Teller​

I honestly don't know why this one doesn't have more reviews. A series of one shots written in the second person that puts the reader in each of the Grunt's shoes? It's such a crazy idea and it works!

The Team Skull story gets the trial-failed teenager down to a T, and all the canon characters are in character. Team Skull are very... well... Team Skull. And in such a short time, you understand exactly what drove the main character into such a decision.

The Aether Foundation pulls a complete contrast with its complete sense of pristine-white innocence (and anyone who's played Sun and Moon knows full well what lies beneath all that!), and Team Rainbow Rocket is another thing entirely with its utter violence.

Each story is carefully weaved together, nary an error in sight with its narrative or its grammar. Each one is a real treat with its own voice, and one I hope to see more of in the future! Maybe we'll visit Orre with Team Snagem in the future, who knows?

Trendy Chilli Chicken Deluxe​

Fledglings by Spiteful Murkrow​

At the moment, I've only read twelve chapters of this story. It's one that took me a few chapters to really get into, and from the seventh chapter I truly started to enjoy it.

Spiteful Murkrow has a unique writing style and has crafted a story that at first felt a little like Redwall. I'm not sure where I pulled the similarities from, but it's a very welcome feeling. Their descriptions are really well done, and paint a vivid picture. Those who have read previous Deli entries will know that I really do like my descriptions! This story is no exception to that. Attacks, the mystery dungeons themselves, the characters, each individual scarf for each individual situation... all very well described.

This story portrays a formerly human-inhabited world that is now filled with pokemon, while staying very true to the PMD games, even down to the different shops and a kecleon shop owner (who, not gonna lie, reminds me of Animal Crossing's Tom Nook.) The guild leader is also an ampharos reminiscent of the character from the Super Mystery Dungeon game. He never ceases to humour me, as he very much is a... Jack of All Trades.

The setting itself, however, is very original, but is a far cry from other Mystery Dungeon fanfics. We have a unique protagonist in a little nidoran named Nida who is aspiring to be a Rescue Team member. Her friend is yet another unique protaginist, a druddigon named Crom. I don't recall either pokemon having parts in other stories, let alone a main stage. The world itself sees its legends as Protectors, and each region as far as I know has its own. Tromba has Lugia. But as we find out, this particular lugia is fresh from his egg, and is as naïve as any baby pokemon should be. Not only that, he finds himself on Nida and Crom's Rescue Team! But not everyone in Tromba is happy with this Protector...

If that's not enough to pique your interest, this world also has pirates. Sea-faring pirates. With huge ships and an inclination to destroy and plunder. So far into my reading, I've only seen one battle with pirates and I was not disappointed. This is where the story really takes off, and introduces some very memorable characters to boot. Here's where we meet Elty, a growlithe pirate trying to make up for his misgivings (in a very humorous fashion you will need to read to find out), and I can't help but wonder if he's going to turn good or turn out to be a back-stabbing pup.

So we have our PMD rescue teams, fantastically described Mystery Dungeon adventures that are very true to the series, an adorable lugia hatchling, pirates, and a huge cast of memorable characters. As it stands, this is a long read started in 2015 that is still ongoing. If you haven't tried reading this story yet, then I strongly recommend it. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

That's all for this Summer! I hope you enjoy, and find yourself a nice new read to tide you over the summer months! =D