• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Delta Episode Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photonkrios95

I'm wanting to know how Deoxy's custom battle field is going to look. A space theme is almost a given, but I wonder how much detail they'll go into. Something like meteors flying past during the battle would be really appealing to me.

EDIT: A reviewers spilling the beans on stuff. One such claims is confirming what shouldnt need confirming about being able to catch Deoxys.

Last edited:

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I'm wanting to know how Deoxy's custom battle field is going to look. A space theme is almost a given, but I wonder how much detail they'll go into. Something like meteors flying past during the battle would be really appealing to me.

EDIT: A reviewers spilling the beans on stuff. One such claims is confirming what shouldnt need confirming about being able to catch Deoxys.

It's hard to top iris and Yvtal BG Tobe honest.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
From the Kotaku review:

Fascinating.
They did say that the mystery of what Mega Evolution actually is would be revealed in Episode Delta.

My guess is that Diancie (and Carbink by extension) is an alien, and that the huge pink rock in Kalos is a meteorite that landed, with its shards splitting off and being spread over the planet as mega stones (as well as Diancie being able to create Mega Stones as shown in the movie). The mega stones advance evolution in pokemon, without the mega stones the pokemon would eventually evolve into those forms anyway as time goes on.
The crystal weapon used in X and Y was based off this meteorite and its powers, and it being fired into space in the past is what caused the evolution of Deoxys, which as said in pokedex entries is a space virus mutated by a beam into a living pokemon. So essentially Deoxys getting the concentrated blast of the machine turned it into a constant Mega pokemon.

Rayquaza, being a pokemon that can exist in space was also near to the beam when it was fired, charging it with evolution energy that allows it to mega evolve without a stone.

That's my idea anyway.

Also perhaps the race or tribe that AZ and Zinnia belong to are long lived beings that are closer to pokemon than human and have been orchestrating stuff from behind the scenes for as long as the series has been going on.

how... odd... From IGN they said opposite... they were disappointed by lack of post game and gave it average score... how interesting....

Autobot N

From the Kotaku review:

Fascinating.
They did say that the mystery of what Mega Evolution actually is would be revealed in Episode Delta.

My guess is that Diancie (and Carbink by extension) is an alien, and that the huge pink rock in Kalos is a meteorite that landed, with its shards splitting off and being spread over the planet as mega stones (as well as Diancie being able to create Mega Stones as shown in the movie). The mega stones advance evolution in pokemon, without the mega stones the pokemon would eventually evolve into those forms anyway as time goes on.
The crystal weapon used in X and Y was based off this meteorite and its powers, and it being fired into space in the past is what caused the evolution of Deoxys, which as said in pokedex entries is a space virus mutated by a beam into a living pokemon. So essentially Deoxys getting the concentrated blast of the machine turned it into a constant Mega pokemon.

Rayquaza, being a pokemon that can exist in space was also near to the beam when it was fired, charging it with evolution energy that allows it to mega evolve without a stone.

That's my idea anyway.

Also perhaps the race or tribe that AZ and Zinnia belong to are long lived beings that are closer to pokemon than human and have been orchestrating stuff from behind the scenes for as long as the series has been going on.

I believe it was said that Rayquaza created Mega Evolution to combat the Primal Reversion of Groudon and Kyogre. My theory is that Rayquaza was trailing the meteor and Mega Evolved to stop it, and by pure chance the beam hit Mega Rayquaza and the meteorite. The power of the ultimate weapon, the space-virus, and the power of Mega Rayquaza created Mega Evolution that we know of today, which explains how the green dragon does it differently. Most of the meteor was destroyed, but a small part of it containing the newly mutated Deoxys was launched far back into space. Deoxys has reformed the meteor and is now coming back, hungry for revenge!

So endeth the theory.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
I'm calling it, Deoxys is the originator of Mega Evolution. Sure, he doesn't Mega Evolve, but I believe that him being linked to the Delta episodes without being an event Pokemon makes me curious enough to come up with this conclusion.

On another note, Why isn't Tabhita and Shelly the continuators of team Magma and Aqau respectively?

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I'm calling it, Deoxys is the originator of Mega Evolution. Sure, he doesn't Mega Evolve, but I believe that him being linked to the Delta episodes without being an event Pokemon makes me curious enough to come up with this conclusion.

On another note, Why isn't Tabhita and Shelly the continuators of team Magma and Aqau respectively?

I'm actually surprised by that too. By their character profiles on the official site, if anything, Tabitha should of been the one, just because he seemed to want to become Leader, so surely when Maxie disbanded the team he'd be the first to take the lead. Same for Shelly, seeming she's classed as the "brains" and being so popular among Team Aqua members. Also, Matt was "loyal to his savior" Archie, so I don't see why he decided to kind of continue Team Aqua despite Archie disbanding them (if both Maxie and Archie still do that in ORAS). So it seems like there admins are backwards!

OkazakiTheOtaku

Annoying Nerd
how... odd... From IGN they said opposite... they were disappointed by lack of post game and gave it average score... how interesting....
You say that as if anything from IGN can be taken seriously.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
You say that as if anything from IGN can be taken seriously.

not really I decided not to take it seriously when they took points away in HOENN game for "too much water." I wonder what point they gave for Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker/Phantom Hour glass if they hated Hoenn's water.

OkazakiTheOtaku

Annoying Nerd
not really I decided not to take it seriously when they took points away in HOENN game for "too much water." I wonder what point they gave for Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker/Phantom Hour glass if they hated Hoenn's water.
The point I was trying to make was, IGN is not a review website that has a good track record for games like this.
---
I'm just wondering how the ∆Episode will fit in with the rest of the Pokémon main games canon. Like, will ΩRuby and ɑSapphire replace the original R/S/E as the real canon, or will these new games be considered auxiliary.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I'm just wondering how the ∆Episode will fit in with the rest of the Pokémon main games canon. Like, will ΩRuby and ɑSapphire replace the original R/S/E as the real canon, or will these new games be considered auxiliary.

Since they appear to be woven very closely to XY's storyline via the Delta Episode, then they will most likely just overwrite RSE. I don't think there's any reason to not count them, anyway.

BLADEDGE

loves a puzzle
Delta reminds me of an old Rumor from G3 on how to catch Deoxys in RSE

DanteKoriyu

Looking at the item names, descriptions and sprites extracted from the updated Pokebank, I don't think we go undercover in Team Aqua or Magma with the Aqua/Magma Suits discovered in the original data dump. I think we use the team's technology to build the space suit we use to ride Rayquaza to prevent Armageddon.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Pokémon Trainer Zinnia - 898
======
Pokemon: 3
Tyrantrum (Lv. 55) (Ability: Strong Jaw) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Earthquake/Stone Edge) IVs: All 25
Altaria (Lv. 55) (Ability: Natural Cure) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Moonblast/Flamethrower/Hyper Voice) IVs: All 25
Salamence (Lv. 57) (Ability: Intimidate) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Fire Fang/Thunder Fang) IVs: All 25

Lorekeeper Zinnia - 713
======
Pokemon: 5
Goodra (Lv. 60)
(Ability: Sap Sipper) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Muddy Water/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam) IVs: All 25
Noivern (Lv. 60) (Ability: Infiltrator) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Air Slash/Shadow Ball/Super Fang) IVs: All 25
Altaria (Lv. 60) (Ability: Natural Cure) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Moonblast/Flamethrower/Hyper Voice) IVs: All 25
Tyrantrum (Lv. 60) (Ability: Strong Jaw) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Earthquake/Stone Edge) IVs: All 25
Salamence (Lv. 62) @[~ 769] (Ability: Intimidate) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Fire Fang/Thunder Fang) IVs: All 25

A team made up of 2 Hoenn dragons and 4 Kalos dragons, with a 5 level difference between. That's interesting, the timeframe between both battles appears to be short. Well that, or it's they're pre-Delta/post-Delta.

Last edited:

crimson vengance

Oliek23Productions
I'm looking forward to this!! Would love to see more stuff like this with epic cutscenes

I literally cannot wait to ride Rayquaza into space!

Lori

I feel like we're getting close to the line where I have to stop and remind myself that our main characters are 10 years old...

10. 10 years old.

And now I feel very unaccomplished in my real adult life because I haven't flown through space on a dragon and saved my homeland.

I know Zinnia went off on one, but in the space centre she talks about there being an alternate world, like a multiverse,whereby Gens 1-5 (original timeline, no ORAS) are fully correct. However, Gen 6 takes place in another universe,where the Draconids teach Rayquaza Dragon Ascent and allow it to Mega Evolve to protect the world from flying rocks and two badly behaving Legendaries (looking at you Groudon and Kyogre). In this universe AZ also creates the ultimate weapon, halting the war; Mega Evolution would be exclusive to this universe.

So,most likely, if we go on the basis that Zinnia isn't totally bat cr** crazy and means something by the alternate worlds, ORAS would take place in a world where everything is pretty similar (though Gens 1, 2, 4 & 5 will most likely be updated to having Megas too) but Mega Evolution exists.in the original timeline, AZ failed to use the ultimate weapon to end the war, meaning Kalos was wiped out along with the Dracoids, most likely why no Mega Evolutions are present here.perhaps even the Relic Castles are remainders of the forgotten Kalosian Empire...

So I'm in a bit of a predicament. I just finished the Delta Episode but I accidentally knocked out Deoxys and couldn't catch it. Is there any way to re fight it?

Status
Not open for further replies.