• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Delta Episode Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemaker

Mammoth Master!
Almost gives me the feeling of Hoenn having a really dark underbelly that everyone just sort of happily ignores.

Not sure if they happily ignore it or feel unable to change it. There's a lot of shady stuff that happens in politics all the time, but what can we do to change these things? Money in politics is a problem, but what is the solution?

Anyway, the idea of infinity energy seems to be like nuclear energy. Only instead of any mass becoming energy, it has to be life, or organic matter that becomes energy. Yet infinity has to be a misnomer. Sea Mauville couldn't find infinite oil, nor convert it with infinite efficiency.

Grei

not the color
I feel like it would be nice to know more about Zinnia, but if we did we wouldn't be talking as much about her, and I think that's what GF wants. The more mystery surrounding a character, the more fans speculate, and the longer interest remains. I wouldn't be surprised if we never really get answers about Zinnia (or the girl from Looker's quest in XY).

The Michael

Never quit
I am just hyped as hell that this game actually implies that the "old timeline" of Pokémon games (or at least the general world that is GB games through DS games) is not necessarily being re-written, but rather re-imagined in a different reality. This completely re-wrote the rulebook when it comes to remakes now. If RSE can exist with ORAS in a multiverse, whose to say we can't see more remakes? Maybe even...threemakes??
That sounds terrible, I apologize.
But yeah, this game definitely connects a lot of dots in Pokémon and I'm super excited about the next game ESPECIALLY considering it might be Pokémon Z which is the next logical step, story-wise, after ORAS...what if Z version was a prequel to X/Y o_O

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I feel like it would be nice to know more about Zinnia, but if we did we wouldn't be talking as much about her, and I think that's what GF wants. The more mystery surrounding a character, the more fans speculate, and the longer interest remains. I wouldn't be surprised if we never really get answers about Zinnia (or the girl from Looker's quest in XY).

I think this is why Looker has made so many game appearances since his introduction. Players are not told very much about the investigator or his past.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Took me two hours to clear it due to all the dialogue and having to go to certain places in order to advance.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Not sure if they happily ignore it or feel unable to change it. There's a lot of shady stuff that happens in politics all the time, but what can we do to change these things? Money in politics is a problem, but what is the solution?

Anyway, the idea of infinity energy seems to be like nuclear energy. Only instead of any mass becoming energy, it has to be life, or organic matter that becomes energy. Yet infinity has to be a misnomer. Sea Mauville couldn't find infinite oil, nor convert it with infinite efficiency.

I thought they were using meteorites as the energy source? isn't that why we have to find one?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
How long would one say is the Delta Episode? Or how long did it take you to finish it?

It's about an hour and half story, assuming you don't get lost along the way.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It's about an hour and half story, assuming you don't get lost along the way.

Yeah. I got lost. I didn't visit Pacifilog Town up to the point I had to go to Sky Pillar and finding the Pillar took me a half hour due to running into Trainers and wild Pokemon. The currents didn't help either.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I thought they were using meteorites as the energy source? isn't that why we have to find one?

The Meteorite Shards were needed in order to power the Link Cable. The rocket was fueled using Infinity Energy, as well as the human life energy found in Key Stones, in order to artificially simulate the burst of energy that occurs during Mega Evolution. According to Courtney/Matt, the rocket contained even more energy than the ultimate weapon, and they intended to force it to explode so as to destroy the world on their own terms.

MetalKing1417

Legend Seeker
Sea Mauville said:
Devon Secret Investigation Report. The development on new energy turned out to be true. The energy that uses Pokémon bioenergy is called Infinity Energy.
So, it is produced from pokemon. However, while it is implied to be bad, it does not have to be so.
Bioenergy article on wikipedia said:
Bioenergy is renewable energy made available from materials derived from biological sources. Biomass is any organic material which has stored sunlight in the form of chemical energy. As a fuel it may include wood, wood waste, straw, manure, sugarcane, and many other byproducts from a variety of agricultural processes.
Let's also note that the series has been using pokemon bioenergy for quite a while, usually in the form of electric pokemon (even though it is implied that its source is somehow different for infinite energy)
Also look at this from Sea Mauville:
Sea Mauville’s 10 slogans for a cheerful and happy workplace:
1.Say good morning very loudly.
2.Don’t bring Pokemon to your workplace.
3.Always arrive on time. Always stay late.
4.Lay your life on the line in safety checks.
5.Take joint responsibility for teamwork.
6.Obey your superior’s orders absolutely.
7.Maintain top quality. Give up your sanity.
8.Worship and praise the founder.
9.Don’t expect time off before you retire.
10.No need to think. Just work unceasingly.
Investigation Report on Wattson. A series of actions related to the cancellation of the New Mauville Project turned out to be true. I recommend prompt disciplinary action against him as a traitor of our group. Do—- Team E Leader, —-ative Group —-

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Soooooo, I have one question. Forgive me if it sounds stupid.

Are Mega Stones man-made from that machine 3000 years ago, does Diance make them, did they come from space, or should I just forget about their origins and just take the easy way out by saying "who cares? they're kewl"?

DanteKoriyu

Soooooo, I have one question. Forgive me if it sounds stupid.

Are Mega Stones man-made from that machine 3000 years ago, does Diance make them, did they come from space, or should I just forget about their origins and just take the easy way out by saying "who cares? they're kewl"?

Mega Stone are supposedly regular stones (Fire, Water, Leaf, maybe others) that have been charged with unique energy sources, such as the ancient weapon AZ built 3,000 years ago or the meteor's energy expulsion from the Cave of Origin.

Photonkrios95

It just seems to be exposure to mass amounts of energy affecting regular stones, or whatever Diancie did to create hers in what ever material your referencing for that.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
As far as I know, Mega Stones were only said to have been created when the ultimate weapon irradiated various stones throughout the Kalos region. At least as far as the games are concerned, they have nothing to do with Diancie or the some energy expulsion from the Cave of Origin (I don't remember seeing anything about that... there was a big blast of energy that came from there after you defeated or captured Groudon/Kyogre, but that only destroyed the artificial weather that they had created, and had nothing to do with any meteorites or Mega Stones at least as far as I recall).

Rayquaza is an exception because it has a special organ in its body that, when combined with the energy in certain meteorites (which Rayquaza eats), creates a surge of power that allows it to Mega Evolve.

However, they have not really elaborated on where Key Stones came from, but if I had to guess, then I would say that they probably come from those rainbow meteorites that were said to have been slamming into the planet during one of Kyogre/Groudon's conficts, since the leader of the Draconids was able to trigger Rayquaza's Mega Evolution by praying to it.

If the meteorites that Rayquaza eats are of the same composition as the ones that I'm assuming shattered and became Key Stones, then that could be the tie between Rayquaza's ability to Mega Evolve, and the more common method of Mega Evolution that we see with all other Pokémon.

Last edited:

Xuxuba

I really don't know why Zinnia said Aster was "her daughter". I would understand if she said sister, but daughter? Like, what?!
Am i the only one who didn't understand a thing about Infinity Energy? I felt really confused.

DanteKoriyu

As far as I know, Mega Stones were only said to have been created when the ultimate weapon irradiated various stones throughout the Kalos region. At least as far as the games are concerned, they have nothing to do with Diancie or the some energy expulsion from the Cave of Origin (I don't remember seeing anything about that... there was a big blast of energy that came from there after you defeated or captured Groudon/Kyogre, but that only destroyed the artificial weather that they had created, and had nothing to do with any meteorites or Mega Stones at least as far as I recall).
The end of the Groudon/Kyogre conflict has us being told that new Pokemon are reacting to Mega Stones and then we start getting Mega Stones appearing in locations we've already been (like next to Birch's lab for Mewtwo X). Seems like a heavy implication that the energy created new stones too.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It just seems to be exposure to mass amounts of energy affecting regular stones, or whatever Diancie did to create hers in what ever material your referencing for that.

But then that doesn't explain why certain types like Fighting-types have Mega Stones as they have no evolutionary stones for their own types or something, or why a new man-made Pokemon like Mewtwo has two.

I like to think the Mega Stones were once living Pokemon that turned into the stones and your team is borrowing power from DEAD CREATURES.

DanteKoriyu

But then that doesn't explain why certain types like Fighting-types have Mega Stones as they have no evolutionary stones for their own types or something, or why a new man-made Pokemon like Mewtwo has two.

I like to think the Mega Stones were once living Pokemon that turned into the stones and your team is borrowing power from DEAD CREATURES.

Nothing said that the stones that are changed only affect Pokemon of the same type or anything. The energy alters the stone to do something it shouldn't be capable of doing in the first place, so I don't see why other changes couldn't be made during that process.

Status
Not open for further replies.