1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Delta Episode Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Shining Mew, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marsalevsky

Marsalevsky Shiny Collector

With all the talk about Mega Mewtwo, it makes me think, if we ever revisit Kanto for whatever reason (for the record, I doubt we will, but it's been mentioned that as of now, the last time we visited Kanto (specifically without having come from Johto) was on the GBA, about 10-11 years ago), there will be some really interesting things to read in the Pokemon Mansion. If GF really cared about clearing things up (which I doubt they do, I mean look at all the mysteries we have unsolved (I want to know what went on at the Old Chateau in Sinnoh, for example - one does not simply abandon such a nice house/mansion), they'd at least explain Mewtwo's history in the New Universe. Also, with this New Universe, since all the title-legendaries (Lugia, Ho-Oh, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem) are brought to Hoenn from their original regions, is it safe to say that the events we see in the old games (HGSS, DPPt, and BW2) never happened? I mean if they happened, how would they have ended up in Hoenn then? And if they are future events, then May/Brendan would have to go their entire journey and completely ignore the fact that there are giant portals scattered throughout the region.
    Man, this Delta Episode had brought about things that make my brain actually have to think for once. Multiverse Theory has always interested me, and this is no exception.

2. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

Mega Stones = created when the Ultimate Weapon irradiated regular stones (established in-game)

Infinity Energy = the very same energy that fueled the Ultimate Weapon, and by extension, created the Mega Stones (established in-game)

Mewtwonite = a stone artificially irradiated with Infinity Energy (deduction)

Problem solved.

Especially since we already saw Team Aqua/Magma trying to forge a second Blue/Red Orb at Mt. Chimney, so the general idea has already been shown to exist in-universe.

When did they say that? I assumed that they were this new universe's versions of those Pokémon.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  3. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

No, Game Freak did not "screw up" by adhering to their own gameplay rather than referencing a medium with little to no influence. The film came out long before Mega Evolution as a concept had been unveiled - it would have been distinctly anticlimactic for the concept to have first bowed in the Genesect movie that far ahead of time.

People are taking what Zinnia says far too literally. The aesthetic implication (and I suspect eventually more than that, once we get Hoopa and it starts interacting with the region) is simply that Hoopa is grabbing these Legendaries from other regions and sending them through the black holes. It's the simplest answer and makes sense just fine without bringing the "other universe" hubbub into things.

4. Rio!

Rio! Composer

I agree. If anything the whole 'alternate universe' thing seems like a nod towards the opposite version of the game (going by what Archie mentioned before he gives you Shapedo's mega stone) if anything else.
    This is why I'm excited for Hoopa's release more so than I ever was with Diancie, lol.

5. Firemaker

Firemaker Mammoth Master!

IIRC Mr. Fuji and Blaine had some interaction with Team Rocket in the manga as well, where their team created Mewtwo.

Though I think these Mewtwonites are artificially created. I think it makes sense that humans have gained the power to create these stones.

Devon gains the secret to infinity energy a few decades back, around the time of Sea Mauville. We know Devon Corp is rather shady, working with Mauville Corp and employing some Team Aqua/Magma members. It makes sense that their shadiness is global, working with Silph Corp and some other evil organizations.

I wouldn't say its impossible. Museums will have exhibits featuring plenty of ancient hieroglyphics and scripts that have been deciphered. Places in Israel may still have the same Greek/Roman texts on their altars. The Christian cross has the sign on top that can be understood.

Though, as Xuxuba says, a 10 year old likely would not be able to read ancient texts in such good condition. Also, this isn't a museum or a protected landmark (yet), so it must not have happened too long ago.

Also, the ability to do genetic engineering on this level is too advanced for even a few decades ago.

6. Autobot N

Autobot N Autobot

This discussion is about the Delta Episode, not Mewtwo discussion. We need to get back on track.

7. Chimungus

Chimungus Well-Known Member

I'm really confused about this whole "infinity energy" thing. I don't know how it is accomplished and know that even if Devon had good intentions, the end really doesn't justify the means, but it seems like Mr. Stone changes his mind about what he thought to be right, and says that he was wrong all along. How do you think Steven plays into this? Do you think he was really aware and approved of all that was going on, because I just find it really hard to believe he's personally shady or whatever in any way, being that he seems dead set on fighting against evil and whatnot.

8. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

Infinity energy is just some made-up energy source to excuse some plot holes, which in turn makes MORE plot holes.

Since Steven didn't raise a fit, he surely approved it anyway.

9. Endolise

Infinity Energy is the life energy of Pokémon. The same power source that fueled the ultimate weapon in Kalos' distant past. Mr. Stone said that while most people would have called it reprehensible, his grandfather, the president of Devon before him, believed that it could be used to improve the lives of people and Pokémon.

Steven was perfectly aware of it, but we don't know how he felt about it personally. We know that he didn't think they had any other option when it came to destroying the meteor, though.

But anyway, I really don't think it's all that surprising to think that the public could be so desensitized toward the idea. A fair number of the things that we use in real life come from places that we'd probably rather not talk about very much.

10. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

I think I kind of want to throw Steven's whole family to jail for massive Pokemon abuse.

11. Scarlet Tactician

Scarlet Tactician Lazy, But Here

As interesting and fanfic-fueling as the alternate universe theory sounds, I feel like Gamefreak mainly used it to explain the lack of mega evolution in the previous generations despite OR/AS taking place canonically earlier than some of them and as a nod to the original OR/AS. I think the theory on Hoopa taking legendaries from other regions in the mega evolution universe is solid enough.

Though, I wonder how Reshiram/Zekrom is awake at this time despite still being dormant in the original, non-mega-evolution universe.
    I unintentionally started that. My apologies.

12. Silverevilchao

Silverevilchao Scythe-Wielding Chao

I actually think Hoopa's pulling the legendaries from all kinds of alternate universes...the idea of it pulling all of them from THIS SPECIFIC UNIVERSE makes me kind of iffy because it raises questions about upcoming possible remakes (where is new!Diamond's Dialga if Hoopa pulled it into ORAS? etc; it'd also keep Game Freak from using this as a mechanic in other titles).

13. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

That's overthinking things extensively and unnecessarily adding complication where there doesn't need to be any.

14. Endolise

That assumes that there is only one of any given Legendary Pokémon per universe, which has never really been said to be the case except with Mewtwo and Genesect, and maybe Reshiram and Zekrom if you assume that there couldn't be others of the "complete" Kyurem's species that were also capable of splitting into thirds. With things like Arceus and Dialga and Groudon, though, it's just speculation, usually depending on how accurate people think the myths related to them are. The games don't really say or suggest anything about whether or not they're unique.

15. Photonkrios95

Photonkrios95 Well-Known Member

Would a different alternate universe be to simple an answer?

16. TimeTwizzler

TimeTwizzler A.K.A. Roxas/Popo

The AZ references are mystifying in this episode. Opens up new mysteries that connect it to Kalos.

17. mitchman_93

mitchman_93 AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

Yeah, I'm going with alt universe legendaries for now. It just makes sense, contextually. You might think its a nod to previous games, but it could be explained through the use of previous music tracks. Like say for HGSS, all the out of Johto legends had new tracks/remasters. Why not here? Or at the least, why not HGSS music for the legendary beasts? Also makes sense when you consider that Primal Groudon/Kyogre revert to a primal, previous state, and have music that reflect that with the sampling of the RSE music throughout the battle.

18. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Again, that's overthinking and overanalyzing things drastically. I realize that's fun for some people, but still.

19. Scarlet Tactician

Scarlet Tactician Lazy, But Here

I'm guessing the implication was that he was in Hoenn one thousand years prior? I liked how they tied him in a little to Hoenn subtly but didn't make him the center of it either. Then again, I'm all for more AZ. Even if his role was small, he was my favorite X and Y character easily.

Also, I noticed a little touch on the tree he planted in Sootopolis- you can actually see the eternal flower his Floette carries.

20. Endolise

I really liked his added background presence as well. Not just the tree (Although that eternal flower at the base is a very nice touch. Side-note, but did anyone else check out the tree before you go into the Cave of Origin? It's completely barren - the build-up of energy that causes the aberrant weather to disperse seems to have juiced it up with life.), but in Zinnia's recounting of Hoenn's history as well. It makes perfect sense to use a character like him in that situation, as he is indeed old enough to have been around for some of Kyogre and Groudon's conflicts.

Also, there's the Project AZOTH thing. We learned in XY that AZ's name comes from "'A' meaning 'beginning'" and "'Z' meaning 'end,'" and in ORAS, a Team Aqua/Magma grunt calls back to that when they explain the meaning of "AZOTH" - A for beginning, Z for end. Although they didn't know what the O, T, and H stood for. :p

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.