• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Delta Episode Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akashin

Scientist at the space center: "The rocket was launched safely! That's successful launch No. 1!"

...wait. You had literally only fired off one rocket beforehand (if any), yet you were planning on sending one at the last minute to try to deflect an asteroid?! A rocket full of energy that would end the world if detonated improperly, and you had only successfully launched one rocket before?! No wonder Zinnia thought your plan sucked!

To be fair, it wasn't just Zinnia; their plan did suck. Having no other options and having no choice but to try their best with a half-baked plan was the entire point.

KidOblivion

Johto League Champ
So about Team Aqua/Magmas files on "Project AZOTH",...

For a long time, I've been trying to figure out who the "Other Team" was that was mentioned by an NPC in Anistar City (http://imgur.com/a/qUxfM) and when I connected the dots, it seems like it was Team Magma. But why? It doesn't seem like it would be quintessential to awaking Primal Groudon/Primal Kyogre, and it's not even mentioned until the after game (at least I think, I read about on the book shelves while searching for the Master Ball my first time through Magmas hideout). I just think its kind of strange to have the information there and Team M/A didn't do anything with it, outside of maybe learning what Primal Reversion was. It makes me wonder if Team M/A knew anything about Mega Rayquaza (or Primal/Mega Zygarde) and planned on trying to control that power as well? Also, the Devon Company is suspect to me now, I think Mr. Stone knows a lot more than he is letting on, but this all just speculation really. I just wanted to know what everybody else thinks. I'm starting to side with Marriland and his theory about the next games not taking place in Kalos, it really doesn't have to anymore, it kind of feels like they squeezed it dry with all the lore, plus the evidence in X/Y pointing towards another region we don't know about.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
So about Team Aqua/Magmas files on "Project AZOTH",...

For a long time, I've been trying to figure out who the "Other Team" was that was mentioned by an NPC in Anistar City (http://imgur.com/a/qUxfM) and when I connected the dots, it seems like it was Team Magma. But why? It doesn't seem like it would be quintessential to awaking Primal Groudon/Primal Kyogre, and it's not even mentioned until the after game (at least I think, I read about on the book shelves while searching for the Master Ball my first time through Magmas hideout). I just think its kind of strange to have the information there and Team M/A didn't do anything with it, outside of maybe learning what Primal Reversion was. It makes me wonder if Team M/A knew anything about Mega Rayquaza (or Primal/Mega Zygarde) and planned on trying to control that power as well? Also, the Devon Company is suspect to me now, I think Mr. Stone knows a lot more than he is letting on, but this all just speculation really. I just wanted to know what everybody else thinks. I'm starting to side with Marriland and his theory about the next games not taking place in Kalos, it really doesn't have to anymore, it kind of feels like they squeezed it dry with all the lore, plus the evidence in X/Y pointing towards another region we don't know about.

I would actually be quite surprised if the next game(s) was/were not Kalos-based. Zygarde's Pokédex entries explicitly state that it reveals its secret power when Kalos' ecosystem falls into disarray. However, I am half-convinced that the "different group of people" in Anistar were Team Aqua/Magma. I mentioned, either in this thread or another, that there's an A/M grunt in ORAS who says that the A and Z in "AZOTH" stand for "beginning" and "end," respectively (although they do not know what the O, T, or H stands for), which are exactly the same meanings that the files in Team Flare's library ascribed to AZ's name. That could imply a connection.

Last edited:

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
I would actually be quite surprised if the next game(s) was/were not Kalos-based. Zygarde's Pokédex entries explicitly state that it reveals its secret power when Kalos' ecosystem falls into disarray. However, I am half-convinced that the "different group of people" in Anistar were Team Aqua/Magma. I mentioned, either in this thread or another, that there's an A/M grunt in ORAS who says that the A and Z in "AZOTH" stand for "beginning" and "end," respectively (although they do not know what the O, T, or H stands for), which are exactly the same meanings that the files in Team Flare's library ascribed to AZ's name. That could imply a connection.

While AZOTH could be an acronym, it could have a much more obvious meaning. The word azoth means 'universal medicine.' The point of Project AZOTH was to fix things....like a medicine.

Akashin

While AZOTH could be an acronym, it could have a much more obvious meaning. The word azoth means 'universal medicine.' The point of Project AZOTH was to fix things....like a medicine.

With that said, it is (according to my limited knowledge, anyway) thought that Azoth itself is an acronym anyway; A and Z for Alpha and the final character of the Latin alphabet (which follows closely what Team Flare and the Grunts have had to say), O for Omega, and Th for Tau.

I shamelessly admit that my knowledge comes largely from Wikipedia, however, so somebody more informed is probably better suited to discuss this.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Indeed it could. However, the grunt states flat-out that the A and Z each stand for something, and implies that the remaining letters do as well. As a reference to the "universal medicine," it does indeed lend it a metatextual significance, although I do question if such a connotation is also present in its original translation. But in-story, it does seem to be an anagram (well, more like a logogram, really).

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Indeed it could. However, the grunt states flat-out that the A and Z each stand for something, and implies that the remaining letters do as well. As a reference to the "universal medicine," it does indeed lend it a metatextual significance, although I do question if such a connotation is also present in its original translation. But in-story, it does seem to be an anagram (well, more like a logogram, really).

Well I guess I have been proved wrong. I didn't remember seeing in mentioned to be an anagram. That just adds a new mystery to us, what do the O, T, and H stand for?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Even though I had doubts, I am happy to catch Deoxys in the game although it leaves a space in the pokedex between it and Rayquaza. Too bad they didn't include Jirachi, then we wouldn't of have a empty space in both region and national dex.

insanityhand

Well I guess I have been proved wrong. I didn't remember seeing in mentioned to be an anagram. That just adds a new mystery to us, what do the O, T, and H stand for?

Its an interesting question because we could go the previous route where O stands for Omega and TH stands for Thau, which given the context we currently have on the acronym would probably make the most sense. In the time between now and the next game, its probably the only answer that will make sense other than to complete the name Azoth to reference the universal medicine or we assume that at the given moment the rest of the acronym is irrelevent as AZ being beggining and end is a perfect description of the project which intends to cure the world by restarting it after destroying it. The thing I'm interested in at the current moment is if we know for a fact that Infinity Energy from the Ultimate Weapon was responsible for mega evolution (which we do know) then what is Professor Sycamore studying right now? It might be trivial, but I kind of wish we got to check up on him and his research.

Graz

Even though I had doubts, I am happy to catch Deoxys in the game although it leaves a space in the pokedex between it and Rayquaza. Too bad they didn't include Jirachi, then we wouldn't of have a empty space in both region and national dex.

I still got two Jirachis from pokemon Channel my brothers friend gave us 10 years ago because he was the only dude in town who had a Collosseum and channel. Bro quit Pokemon so I migrated all his.

Then there's the 3 Jirachis I got from HG/SS event :).

But yeah suppose one more Jirachi can't hurt. I mean they made Celebi easy to get (Pokemon Bank).

I wonder when they'll give Mew out.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
The thing I'm interested in at the current moment is if we know for a fact that Infinity Energy from the Ultimate Weapon was responsible for mega evolution (which we do know) then what is Professor Sycamore studying right now? It might be trivial, but I kind of wish we got to check up on him and his research.

Sycamore just studies Mega Evolution in general. Even though he managed to confirm that its existence is tied to the ultimate weapon in XY's post-game, that doesn't tell him everything about how it works. The current theory is "bonds," but trying to examine those scientifically is tricky. And there are still other factors, like how the Anistar Sundial comes into play, or whether or not all Pokémon are capable of Mega-Evolving, and if not, then why just the ones that are capable of it?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Why?

Well, if you want an ultimate answer... Because the devs said so.

Which goes without saying and is conversationally equivalent to "Well, they could do anything in the future."

Yes, nobody will dispute that as a fact of reality, but in order to get any sort of discussion done, we kind of have to just accept that and work with what's presented as it is until something new comes up.

InF3XioN

Hi there. First of all, I have to point out that in my opinion, the multiverse theory represents, not only different games, but in fact different copies of the same game. Or more specifically, different save files. Think about it, we have - different universes, following slightly different storylines that can be connected by a "Link Cable" device -, which is a clear analogy to how Pokemon games work. It also, clarifies numerous plot holes.

As for the rest of the plot of Delta Episode, I think that we are missing many pieces of the story. For example, it's not clear yet, how the life force of humans and Pokemon, is connected to Mega Evolution. How the meteorites are connected to this. How Rayquaza is connected to this. How Xerneas, AZ's Floette, Ultimate weapon is connected to this. And many others. Pokemon games never had a plot, so deep, and I think GF got it right this time.

unicornhiccup

bye cruel people
Why can't I just have Zinnia's outfit like omg. She's like my new favorite Pokemon character.

I wonder who she named her whismer after.. Her mom or girlfriend maybe?

I liked how they added az's floette flower and the tree.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
So.. did this just suggest that ruby and sapphire are an alternate universe?

Yep. Which, by extension, means that all of the other games before XY are as well. They comprise a universe in which AZ's war never happened and the Mega Stones were never created.

phanpycross

God-king
Man, so this is goodbye to the old countinuity, hopefully this isnt just a gimmick, and they actually do something with the concept of this being a new universe.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Man, so this is goodbye to the old countinuity, hopefully this isnt just a gimmick, and they actually do something with the concept of this being a new universe.

Well, they kind of already have. That "something" being the addition of AZ's war and Mega Evolution. The multiverse is the answer to why these new elements have shown up in XY and ORAS despite having never been mentioned before - in the earlier games, we were playing in a universe in which they never existed.

Although really, Pokémon has been presented as a multiverse since at least BW, if it wasn't implied even earlier than that.

Akashin

Assuming you mean Adult Timeline and Child Timeline shenanigans ie. Future Game A is a sequel to B2W2 in their timeline, and Future Game B takes place post-XY, thanks but no thanks. Any future games need to take place in this new timeline by necessity.

Status
Not open for further replies.