• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Delta Episode Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
As far as I know that seems to be open ended dialogue that doesn't result in anything.

I almost wonder if that was also intentional. The Delta Episode was obviously a way to integrate Rayquaza into the game's plot without having it take the spotlight from Groudon/Kyogre during the main game (hence no Emerald plot), so the Delta Episode would naturally make Rayquaza the star of the show during post-game. If we didn't know about Deoxys that would have been the most exciting part and would probably cause Deoxys to get in the way of Rayquaza's limelight more, which could be something they wanted to avoid. That's just conjecture though and I'm possibly just looking for an explanation where there is none.

I would prefer the Emerald plot in the game than R/S plot, Emerald plot was fantastic and seeing Kyogre and Groudon fight and Rayquaza coming down the sky to stop them was the best bits from the Hoenn region game. I don't see how Deoxys and Rayquaza are connected in any way and the fact that these games are based only on the originals with no elements (such as the battle Frontier) from Emerald was the biggest con of these games. I don't see why they made Deoxys available considering that mythical pokemon are not allowed to be caught in the games.

As far as I know that seems to be open ended dialogue that doesn't result in anything.

I tired the exact the same thing.
I was kind of disappointed that nothing extra (not that I was hoping for something major in any way...) happened if you had Deoxys in your party.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I would prefer the Emerald plot in the game than R/S plot, Emerald plot was fantastic and seeing Kyogre and Groudon fight and Rayquaza coming down the sky to stop them was the best bits from the Hoenn region game. I don't see how Deoxys and Rayquaza are connected in any way and the fact that these games are based only on the originals with no elements (such as the battle Frontier) from Emerald was the biggest con of these games. I don't see why they made Deoxys available considering that mythical pokemon are not allowed to be caught in the games.

I don't know about you, but I'd personally rather ride MegaGod into space to destroy a giant meteor than watch Rayquaza scare away Groudon and Kyogre and that's it. Both are good plots but character interaction with a legendary outside of a scripted battle seems a lot more exciting that just watching a legendary perform its usual and established role. Deoxys is just an added bonus and I don't think many people are complaining about getting easy access to legendary that some people have never been able to obtain before.

The delta episode was great overall. At its worst is was probably a little to dramatic & rushed. Still think it was more interesting plot than the regular ORAS story (but at least they tweaked the ORAS plot to make it better than RSE)

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
Delta Episode was beast. Giving back Rayquaza's spotlight from Emerald while still keeping the main pre-game focus on the title legendaries. I really hope Game Freak does that sort of thing for future games. The space theme was kinda anti-climatic and cheesy which was pretty disappointing imo. But who cares WE WENT TO SPACE.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Personally, I think the Emerald climax is incredibly boring, especially compared to the two major climaxes in these games. Stopping an ancient titan from destroying the world AND riding another one into space to destroy an oncoming meteor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Climb a tower, wake up Daddy Ray, watch a cutscene, and do nothing yourself, nor get anything for it.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Personally, I think the Emerald climax is incredibly boring, especially compared to the two major climaxes in these games. Stopping an ancient titan from destroying the world AND riding another one into space to destroy an oncoming meteor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Climb a tower, wake up Daddy Ray, watch a cutscene, and do nothing yourself, nor get anything for it.

If you're going to compare the climaxes, at least compare Delta Emerald to Emerald's Sootopolis Shenanigans. There's no point in comparing a legendary encounter with a story-driven moment.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
If you're going to compare the climaxes, at least compare Delta Emerald to Emerald's Sootopolis Shenanigans. There's no point in comparing a legendary encounter with a story-driven moment.

Unless my point is to emphasize that, with RS faithfulness + the Delta Episode, we get two awesome climaxes, as opposed to a single mediocre one in which you are little more than a bystander.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Unless my point is to emphasize that, with RS faithfulness + the Delta Episode, we get two awesome climaxes, as opposed to a single mediocre one in which you are little more than a bystander.

Incorrect, Emerald's climax was awesome and was totally better than R/S. What they should have done in OR/AS is to have the mascots uncatchable in the story, and have a renegade group of members of Team Aqua (OR) or Team Magma (AS) awaken the other legendary which would result in both Primals fighting in Sootopolis. The Delta Episode would come after this. This is what Game Freak should have done. This would also allow you to catch the mascot in Cave of Origin while the other can be caught in Marine Cave or Terra Cave. Seriously, its not that hard to have this in the game. And they should have included the BF for people who enjoyed that feature.

Last edited:

Photonkrios95

This would also allow you to catch the mascot in Cave of Origin while the other can be caught in Marine Cave or Terra Cave.

Fairly certain the only non-3rd instalment(s) that let you do this was Gen 2 (+ remakes). I don't see why we would need this to happen, especially with relatively easy global trading and Bank available.

Akashin

Fairly certain the only non-3rd instalment(s) that let you do this was Gen 2 (+ remakes). I don't see why we would need this to happen, especially with relatively easy global trading and Bank available.

To say nothing of the fact that reusing a slightly modified take on the Emerald story sounds infinitely more boring than the Delta Episode we got. And how would catching your mascot at the Cave of Origin work anyway, if it still needs to be out and about for the post-game story?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Incorrect, Emerald's climax was awesome and was totally better than R/S.

How could I hope to contend with such a deftly well-reasoned argument.

Obviously it's all subjective, but personally, I just don't see how not only getting to face one of the Weather Titans in its Primal form, with a potential apocalypse looming overhead, yourself, in addition to getting to ride a giant Emerald Dragon Jesus into space to destroy an oncoming meteor that will destroy the planet, and then getting to battle and capture a Mythical Pokémon that has never been available in-game before, is better than walking up a tower, waking up said Emerald Dragon Jesus (but without all of the heavy mythos behind it), and sitting back to watch a cutscene of it solving all of your problems for you in a matter of seconds by roaring loudly. Once.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Incorrect, Emerald's climax was awesome and was totally better than R/S. What they should have done in OR/AS is to have the mascots uncatchable in the story, and have a renegade group of members of Team Aqua (OR) or Team Magma (AS) awaken the other legendary which would result in both Primals fighting in Sootopolis. The Delta Episode would come after this. This is what Game Freak should have done. This would also allow you to catch the mascot in Cave of Origin while the other can be caught in Marine Cave or Terra Cave. Seriously, its not that hard to have this in the game. And they should have included the BF for people who enjoyed that feature.

Have you applied at Game Freak yet? Surely with your creative genius they'd hire you on the spot.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
what they should've done was had all the Omega Ruby players unseal the Sky Pillar where Groudon would be awakened, and in order to tame it, you'd need the Magma Leash so you could take it back the Cave of Origin, but the unstable tiles are still there, so you need Kyogre's aid to fix them, and that way, we could open the door, get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur

BurningWhiteKyurem

The comparison is still lopsided regardless of the point you're trying to make. Mainly because you're comparing two completely different things in which they were both developed with different standards in mind, and with two different intentions. It's a little silly to compare a story-driven moment with a moment which was purely meant to be a legendary encounter. That being said, Delta Emerald still has a lot of setbacks, for the fetch quest that you're given to complete, the cutscene we get is a pretty poor payoff. I also have another issue with the RS faithfulness, but that comes as a matter of taste rather than an objective issue (and I had the same problem with the original games anyway).

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
The comparison is still lopsided regardless of the point you're trying to make. Mainly because you're comparing two completely different things in which they were both developed with different standards in mind, and with two different intentions. It's a little silly to compare a story-driven moment with a moment which was purely meant to be a legendary encounter.

His point is mainly responding to the comment that the Emerald plot is better than ORAS, which is a subjective argument no matter what. I don't see anything lopsided here considering the subject of both plots is the weather trio and the argument made is that Emerald's plot is better than what ORAS brings, which really can't be accurately compared on that front without taking both main game and Delta Episode into perspective.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I do miss the full Battle Frontier, I agree with him on that point.

However, someone needs to take a few debate classes. Saying "I am right because I am right" tends not to fly with an educated crowd...

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
All I was saying that they should put Emerald based stuff into the game because Delta Emerald is not likely to happen which is why they should have put elements from Emerald in. We all know third versions don't get remade as HG/SS got made with Crystal elements included. I enjoyed the Emerald plot cause it was more challenging taking both team magma and aqua and seeing the two legends fight in Sootopolis city was also satisfying. The scene of Rayquaza flying in the sky and putting a stop to the two was amazing. I would of like to see the battle of Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre as the cut scenes would be amazing in 3D. Mega Rayquaza coming to stop them would also be great thing. The Battle Frontier is a great feature despite the fact I had never beat any of the bosses there. The Delta Episode was good, and catching Deoxys was a nice touch but having Emerald elements wouldn't have destroyed the game. Plus Jirachi should have been included cause if one Hoenn mythical pokemon becomes available then the other should have done the same.

BCVM22

You're dropping a lot of should but your shoulds don't seem to have any basis aside from "this is what I would have done if I were in charge". Especially "Jirachi should have been included cause if one Hoenn mythical pokemon becomes available then the other should have done the same". Says who?

BurningWhiteKyurem

His point is mainly responding to the comment that the Emerald plot is better than ORAS, which is a subjective argument no matter what. I don't see anything lopsided here considering the subject of both plots is the weather trio and the argument made is that Emerald's plot is better than what ORAS brings, which really can't be accurately compared on that front without taking both main game and Delta Episode into perspective.

While the post is in response to the argument that Emerald plot > ORAS's, the counterargument that "Emerald's climax is boring" is also subjective. I'm fine with that point so long as the supporting points make sense, and the supporting points don't, at least not to me. It's a unique scenario because both games used Rayquaza/Emerald content for entirely different reasons (saviour vs. the weather titans in Emerald vs. the saviour of Hoenn in ORAS), which is why I'm not sure that a comparison makes sense, given their different intentions. I could go on and point out the issues with adapting the Ruby/Sapphire story in ORAS, but it'd be pointless because that's also subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.