• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Delta Episode Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think we are all jumping the gun here, I don't Deoxys would actually be catchable, I think it would just appear to battle Mega Rayquaza and then leaves. I am not getting my hopes up just so Game Freak can shoot them down as always. Still a good post-story plot though.

MetalKing1417

Legend Seeker
Oh boy. Here's to hoping they make postgame (mythical) legend quests a normal thing. Now please tell me they done SOMETHING, even just background lore for Jirachi. Honestly, how are they going to top this in the next Kalos game? Maybe go back in time or something.

Already happened- see Celebi and Giovanni.

Firebrand

Indomitable
In space, I guess, we can only battle Deoxys with Rayquaza? And there are some cutscenes etc? I would have loved if we could travel to the moon, but doesn't look like that. xD
I like the AZ mentions though, really liking the character. I hope there is lots of AZ in the Delta Episode.

I don't know about that, I mean we can use other pokemon to battle when surfing and such. Sure the whole lack of atmosphere thing might become a problem but hey, video game physics. We're riding a giant dragon with glowy streamers into space so I thinking conventional wisdom is mostly out the window at this point.

In the trailer there was a brief scene with Wallace mentioning a very tall man from the Kalos region.

And there is mention that we will learn more about the mega stones' origin through this, and since they are intimately tied with the Ultimate Weapon, we'll probably get more backstory on AZ and the war even if he doesn't make an appearance.

To be honest I at first thought this would be a downloadable mission in the vein of the Pokemon Ranger ones, but it doesn't seem to be the case. So yeah, in-game obtainable Deoxys, that's pretty cool. And it sets a very interesting precedent on how things could go from now on, by including these event legendaries in games, especially if we don't get events for them like, ever.

Photonkrios95

I think we are all jumping the gun here, I don't Deoxys would actually be catchable, I think it would just appear to battle Mega Rayquaza and then leaves.

They out right tell us to catch it.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
I don't know if anyone mentioned it. ( So forgive me if I'm repeating here.) but in the trailer Steven said " I never knew we had received it from huge man who visited the Kalos region." Could this "Huge man" be AZ?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I don't know if anyone mentioned it. ( So forgive me if I'm repeating here.) but in the trailer Steven said " I never knew we had received it from huge man who visited the Kalos region." Could this "Huge man" be AZ?

Since the plot of Episode Delta is said to tie into both Mega Evolution and an event that occurred 3,000 years ago, this is almost certain.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
Do you guys think it's possible Jirachi could be tied to the Delta Episode? I hope that if they include Deoxys, Jirachi at least gets some mention. Brendan looks so cool in the space suit riding Mega Rayquaza.

MasterKinRyu

Spectral Fae Trainer
Thats the consensus on the matter, and frankly I enjoy this game being a 'tie-in' with XY because no other remake titles have actively tried tying in the games from that gen that they've been remade into, other than with cameos and mentions of the Hoenn or Sinnoh Regions. HGSS had the Sinjoh Ruins as the closest thing to this, but this is just phenomenal.

Battling an ancient alien threat in space with beings capable of transformational abilities with the aid of a giant mythical dragon. What are the macguffins to collect to do this quest, and are there seven of them lol.

Aside from the DBZ joke, I love this idea a lot.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Do you guys think it's possible Jirachi could be tied to the Delta Episode? I hope that if they include Deoxys, Jirachi at least gets some mention. Brendan looks so cool in the space suit riding Mega Rayquaza.

I am curious to see if Jirachi gets a side-quest like this, but I think that it would have been mentioned if it did. And I doubt that it will be a part of Episode Delta; that seems like Rayquaza and Deoxys' thing only.

What are the macguffins to collect to do this quest

the Mega Stone hunt is the quest for the Dragon Balls, obv

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
I'm kinda surprised that they are bringing one of event pokemon into a story-line like this. I'm happy but I'm bit surprised. That has never done before. ( I mean storyline involving an event pokemon.)

AuraStorm13

Undaunted Explorer
Yeah, getting to go to space now is rather awesome. I always thought that the space center was underutilized in RSE, but now their foregoing the rocket in favor of a giant green serpent, which I'm okay with. I'm also glad that Deoxys is going to be catchable, I always prefer being able to catch my Event Pokemon myself rather then just being handed them. I am curious to see how AZ will tie into this as well. Supposingly one of the big things about Episode Delta is that there's an asteroid on the course with the planet, presumingly the one that's carrying Deoxys, and we need Rayquaza's help to deal with that. I'm getting a bit of déjà vu of PMD R/B, which also had Rayquaza deal with a asteroid on a impact course with the planet, if I remember correctly, said Asteroid was the asteroid housing Deoxys in that game, but I doubt that was intentional. Still, I'm intrigued on seeing how this all unfolds, particularly on the aspects concerning AZ, as we didn't get a whole lot of information on him during X/Y.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Alright. I was extremely dissapointed by the decisions they have made such as the anemic moveset changes and the move tutors, as well as the lack of the Gym Battle rematchs.

But this? This turned out way better than I expected. They are actually going out of their way to explain the Mega Evolution plot as they promised in the interviews. And while she is effectively a copycat of Emma, Zinna's design looks much better.

I seriously hope that this is indeed the start of in-game distributions of event exclusives. And even if it isn't, I won't be mad. This looks better than Destiny Deoxys plot they are referencing any ways : U.

I am far more hopeful for the next Kalos games' storyline now... even though it will probably be done by the "A team" of GF(or as /vp/ calls them), who are pretty traditional.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I am curious to see if Jirachi gets a side-quest like this, but I think that it would have been mentioned if it did. And I doubt that it will be a part of Episode Delta; that seems like Rayquaza and Deoxys' thing only.

Japan got a shiny Jirachi event not too long ago, yes? I'm not about to get my hopes up, but it is possible for them to implement a download mission for other legends. Honestly, I hope this is the route they take from now on because simply being handed the legendaries at a pokemon center is not terribly entertaining and there's no real sense of accomplishment. I remember in gen IV there were little sidequests for Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus but to the best of my knowledge those things were never used, they just gave us the pokemon, right? Hopefully they'll make a return to that now that they can actually add in content via wifi.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Ok, I admit that some of the reveals from the datamining were a little disappointing, but after seeing this I have one thing to say, The HE** with the Battle Frontier, WE'RE GOING TO SPACE!!!! I'm sure the actual space sequences will be limited to just the battle with Deoxys, but this still one of the biggest leaps and bounds Game Freak has done for a pokémon game. Plus, this seems like to be a full-on story arc that will be even more in-depth than the Looker Bureau was. The only thing that would make this more interesting is figuring out whether or not Zinnia is the main antagonist in this or not

AuraStorm13

Undaunted Explorer
Japan got a shiny Jirachi event not too long ago, yes? I'm not about to get my hopes up, but it is possible for them to implement a download mission for other legends. Honestly, I hope this is the route they take from now on because simply being handed the legendaries at a pokemon center is not terribly entertaining and there's no real sense of accomplishment. I remember in gen IV there were little sidequests for Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus but to the best of my knowledge those things were never used, they just gave us the pokemon, right? Hopefully they'll make a return to that now that they can actually add in content via wifi.

Shaymin and Darkrai were catchable in Gen IV, Oak's Letter and the Member Card needed to trigger them were released. The Azure Flute, the item needed to open the Hall of Origin where Arceus dwells, however, was never released, though it's fully functional if put back into the game via hacking. I think they just released a Delivery Person Arceus and called it a day there, which is odd considering that they had Shaymin and Darkrai catchable and the Azure Flute is fully functional, it just was never released. Personally, I'm much more of a fan of catching event Pokemon, so hopefully things like the Delta Episode become more common. Not only do I get to catch Deoxys myself it actually has story elements to it, which I rather like.

fitzy909

Just another guy
I'm glad they're going more into the lore of pokemon and developing the story and it appears to link with our old friend Az, 'the tall man from the Kalos region.' It also looked very cinematic with the riding into space on Rayquaza. It all just makes me so hyped.

OkazakiTheOtaku

Annoying Nerd
Shaymin and Darkrai were catchable in Gen IV, Oak's Letter and the Member Card needed to trigger them were released. The Azure Flute, the item needed to open the Hall of Origin where Arceus dwells, however, was never released, though it's fully functional if put back into the game via hacking. I think they just released a Delivery Person Arceus and called it a day there, which is odd considering that they had Shaymin and Darkrai catchable and the Azure Flute is fully functional, it just was never released. Personally, I'm much more of a fan of catching event Pokemon, so hopefully things like the Delta Episode become more common. Not only do I get to catch Deoxys myself it actually has story elements to it, which I rather like.
IIRC, in an interview, GF said that they didn't release the A-Flute because it was too confusing to use.
But, yes, I agree with the essence of your post. Now, all we need to know is if these puppies are shiny locked.

Boshy

Ok guys let me tell you something, Battle Frontier is in the game they just changed is name to Battle Resort, its now updated with new battle mechanics so expect it to be a lot different, its was a huge thing in emerald not so much now with many amazing things added to the remakes. (The hackers found the battle frontier soundtrack in the demo data).
About the new character Zinnia she sure looks interesting and somehow related to AZ, she may know him somehow, also Wallace talks about AZ so there is a connection in here for sure. There is another thing that caught my interest is the object she uses to mega evolve her salamence, there is a lot of objects with mega stones, mega anklet etc, that one looks a bit more ancient and that reminds me of Golurk.
About traveling to Space to Battle Deoxys i really cant wait that, and maybe we can already expect that 7 generation pokemon or something will be somehow related to space things .

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Ok guys let me tell you something, Battle Frontier is in the game they just changed is name to Battle Resort, its now updated with new battle mechanics so expect it to be a lot different, its was a huge thing in emerald not so much now with many amazing things added to the remakes. (The hackers found the battle frontier soundtrack in the demo data).
About the new character Zinnia she sure looks interesting and somehow related to AZ, she may know him somehow, also Wallace talks about AZ so there is a connection in here for sure. There is another thing that caught my interest is the object she uses to mega evolve her salamence, there is a lot of objects with mega stones, mega anklet etc, that one looks a bit more ancient and that reminds me of Golurk.
About traveling to Space to Battle Deoxys i really cant wait that, and maybe we can already expect that 7 generation pokemon or something will be somehow related to space things .

Actually the soundtrack doesn't prove anything, its just music found in the demo data thats all. And until I play the games myself, I am still not buying the whole "Catch Deoxys" thing. I wouldn't be surprised if this turn out to be downloaded content. But if not, it be very enjoyable and would make a interesting post-story.

Status
Not open for further replies.