• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Delta Episode Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Did anybody else kill Deoxys on their first attempt? xD

One hit KO unintentionally. I then rebattled the E4 and caught it at Sky Pillar.

As for the 'waiting unto 2016' for a Pokemon game...I somehow get the feeling we'll hear something later in the year, especially with how these things have been getting released, whatever they will be. ;o

I've heard rumors that Gamefreak has something big to announce later this year. Quite likely Pokémon related.

Jcard363

I had no idea I was gonna 1 hit deoxys I was so sad, I had a buddy of mine trade me a level 50.. But I had no idea I could capture it again at the sky pillar. I winded up trading the deoxys my friend gave me.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
I had no idea I was gonna 1 hit deoxys I was so sad, I had a buddy of mine trade me a level 50.. But I had no idea I could capture it again at the sky pillar. I winded up trading the deoxys my friend gave me.

Deoxys is the epitome of a Glass Cannon. High attack and special attack, poor defenses and HP.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
It's time based and lineup-based.

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/legendary.shtml

When was the last time this was any sort of widespread issue...?

Got Pokebank to work at like 11:30 last night but it's dicey at best, sometimes it crashes right in the middle of a save then I have load it up again, move them again and pray that it makes it through the save this time. Other times it just goes through the NinID log in process then freezes and doesn't move.

BCVM22

That sounds more like its your hardware or Internet connection. If there were continued, repeated, widespread server issues there would be people complaining about it in a fashion that one could only charitably call "keening" or "yowling".

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I must admit... They writers did a darn good job with the Delta ep. I also like that Sky Piller didn't have those Annoying falling floors like the original. Also I loved how Zinnia Flirted with me! That made her all the more attractive.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I must admit... They writers did a darn good job with the Delta ep. I also like that Sky Piller didn't have those Annoying falling floors like the original. Also I loved how Zinnia Flirted with me! That made her all the more attractive.

Delta episode was good, just a shame they decided to ditch the clash of Kyogre and Groudon in Sootopolis City, I would have like to see the two primals in action but Game Freak made their choice. I am confused about why you can find Deoxys in sky pillar. Having legendaries appear in the same area seemed a bit lazy, could have put Birth Island in.

BCVM22

could have put Birth Island in.

As nothing more than a backup location that you might potentially never see, assuming you capture Deoxys at first opportunity? That would be wasteful. Sky Pillar was fine for the purpose it served in that regard.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
As nothing more than a backup location that you might potentially never see, assuming you capture Deoxys at first opportunity? That would be wasteful. Sky Pillar was fine for the purpose it served in that regard.
Adding on to this, it'd only be 'nostalgic' for those who actually had gotten the event for it back in the day (or hacked for it I suppose). Sky pillar does fit well enough as it is given the whole Delta episode.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
ORAS Sky Pillar is now triangular in shape, much like the Birth Island.
And let's just assume that after you fainted Deoxys in space, it had a crash landing towards Sky Pillar.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I thought the birth island puzzle formation in space was at least a fair reference.

And tbh, I don't mind them sacrificing Groudon VS Kyogre either. The way it worked out gives Groudon and Kyogre their own spotlight, and you get a breather before delving into Rayquaza.

I feel like it'd potentially be cluttered to combine all of them when the final game carries more story elements than the original RS already, and is generally more dialogue heavy too...

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
ORAS Sky Pillar is now triangular in shape, much like the Birth Island.
And let's just assume that after you fainted Deoxys in space, it had a crash landing towards Sky Pillar.

I always thought that they made Sky Pillar triangular so it would resemble the delta symbol.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I always thought that they made Sky Pillar triangular so it would resemble the delta symbol.

Pretty sure that the main reason why it's triangular. I just tried to make a connection with Birth Island being triangle as well.
Also, as EmpEmp stated above, before we fought Deoxys, it automatically did the triangle puzzle sequence from the original Birth island puzzle.

I'd say Deoxys is the one originally linked to triangles.
Then because ORAS was remade, Rayquaza is also linked to triangles now more than ever, because of the Delta symbol.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
What was even up with that random triangle back on Birth Island? I laughed so hard though when I saw it appear in space.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
First magic rocks containing the souls of the dead and a homicidal immortal person, then alternate universes where key plot points didn't happen? Has someone at Game Freak been watching Fullmetal Alchemist? (Don't take this post 100% seriously...)

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Yeah, X/Y story line was too dark considering that the majority of the games fans are kids. I don't like the whole idea of the alternate universe where other events in other regions or the same region never happened at all. it makes those games seem like they don't exist when in fact they do. And I still think Deoxys should of had its own area rather than being in the sky pillar.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Yeah, the alternate universe thing bothered me too. I mean, I like the idea of all the Pokemon games being my personal journey (granted, it becomes a bit funny when I've beaten two different versions of Team Aqua twice, but hey ho). Having Pearl/SoulSilver/Black etc. being 'non-canon' in a way in these new games feels... off to me. Yeah, those events still happened, but it's no longer my game anymore.

Then again, it's a throwaway line from Zinnia, whose character is such that she might not be 100% accurate anyway, so I just chose to disregard it for my personal canon. Nothing stopping fans who do like the idea using it, but I personally don't. If it ever progresses past that brief mention, though... I might just think that Pokemon has jumped the shark a bit. Sorry.

Akashin

Yeah, X/Y story line was too dark considering that the majority of the games fans are kids. I don't like the whole idea of the alternate universe where other events in other regions or the same region never happened at all. it makes those games seem like they don't exist when in fact they do. And I still think Deoxys should of had its own area rather than being in the sky pillar.

Deoxys did have its own area: space. And seeing as you can catch it there it would be, as BCVM22 said, wasteful to make an entirely new area that anybody who catches Deoxys in space will never see.

Status
Not open for further replies.