• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Delta Episode Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Meta Mon

I ♥ Poké Dolls
Hearing that Wally, Brendan, and May are all in the 10-12 age range, where Steven is 25 years old kind makes me think... Because I always did think that Steven was older than those three, but not that much older. So if that could fool me, it's perfectly plausible that Zinnia's age could fool me too...

NotABeginningTrainer

Hearing that Wally, Brendan, and May are all in the 10-12 age range, where Steven is 25 years old kind makes me think... Because I always did think that Steven was older than those three, but not that much older. So if that could fool me, it's perfectly plausible that Zinnia's age could fool me too...

Really? How old did you think he was? I've always seen him as an adult. Pretty young, but definitely an adult.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I originally thought that Pokemon Trainers start at the age of 10, but May/Brendan starts at 12, which surprises me...

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I originally thought that Pokemon Trainers start at the age of 10, but May/Brendan starts at 12, which surprises me...

The anime invented that rule. It does not exist in the games.

There are even Trainers that are younger than ten in the games, such as the Twins.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
There are even Trainers that are younger than ten in the games, such as the Twins.

Honestly I think Preschoolers are even younger than Twins.

Regarding Zinnia, I think her age may be more than 20, but not more than 25.

your_worst_nightmare

Pokerman Master
I wish they would have given you the option to save before you fought Deoxys. Granted the fact that once you beat the E4 again you can find him at sky pillar, I would have liked that much better.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I wish they would have given you the option to save before you fought Deoxys. Granted the fact that once you beat the E4 again you can find him at sky pillar, I would have liked that much better.

Yeah. That part was slightly annoying but like you said, you can face it again after elite 4 and champion if you knock it out in space. I had to admit that when I first heard of Deoxys being in the game, I was skeptical because no mythical pokemon had never been available in a game/pair of games before. Glad that I was wrong and I am quite happy with Deoxys as an obtainable. One of the pros of the game.

Autobot N

Yeah. That part was slightly annoying but like you said, you can face it again after elite 4 and champion if you knock it out in space. I had to admit that when I first heard of Deoxys being in the game, I was skeptical because no mythical pokemon had never been available in a game/pair of games before. Glad that I was wrong and I am quite happy with Deoxys as an obtainable. One of the pros of the game.

I hope they do it with more of them.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I hope they do it with more of them.

I'd really rather them not. I loved having Deoxys, but only because it fit so well into the story. Most of the time, I would rather them just keep event legendaries event exclusive, as to keep them special. I think a compromise would be to put the legendary in the game, but not let you catch it without an event. Then you could still have the Pokemon for whatever story they make, but still have the Pokemon keep its special status.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I'd really rather them not. I loved having Deoxys, but only because it fit so well into the story. Most of the time, I would rather them just keep event legendaries event exclusive, as to keep them special. I think a compromise would be to put the legendary in the game, but not let you catch it without an event. Then you could still have the Pokemon for whatever story they make, but still have the Pokemon keep its special status.

I don't think that would work too well for the fans. Having a legend in the game but not be able to catch at all would upset some people (me included). I love to see more mythical pokemon become available since wi-fi is out of my reach. Delta episode was pretty good but could do with a few more things in it but that is my opinion.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Yeah, I think in a time where we have around 15 event-exclusive legends, making some of them non-event exclusive might be a good idea to increase availability. I could see Darkrai being available in a future Sinnoh remake, for example, or Genesect in Unova.

BCVM22

Who says they need to increase availability, though? It's not like a store with new stock incoming - they don't need to hold a liquidation sale to make room.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I meant in the sense that they'd be more available to players who might not have easy access to events. It'd give more of an incentive to buy remakes for people who would've already bought them, and could aid Pokedex completion (even though events don't count anyway). It'd probably at least make people excited.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I don't think that would work too well for the fans. Having a legend in the game but not be able to catch at all would upset some people (me included).

I can understand that.

Yeah, I think in a time where we have around 15 event-exclusive legends, making some of them non-event exclusive might be a good idea to increase availability. I could see Darkrai being available in a future Sinnoh remake, for example, or Genesect in Unova.

Isn't the point of event-exclusive legendaries is that they aren't commonly available?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Isn't the point of event-exclusive legendaries is that they aren't commonly available?

That is true. They could just make the shiny/special move or of those mythical pokemon events and let us have the normal ones. But that is not going to happen. Mythical pokemon as events would always be around and that is how it is. At least Deoxys was a special treat for us.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie

Yes, but now that we have about 15, there's probably too big of a number to keep exclusive considering only around 3 or 4 might be distributed in a year - they have to find time to introduce new ones and distribute old ones, which might be tough on new players who may have to wait several years to get a certain Pokemon - and this might be even harder for people who live in countries outside of Japan/the USA/Europe. I'm not suggesting every event exclusive Pokemon be made commonly available - I can see the marketing pull of having some, like Mew and Arceus, be incredibly rare - but at the same time, I feel like there might be a benefit in making a couple of them just ordinary Legendaries, like with Deoxys.

Charizard86

Charizard Champion
I also hope they do this with some of the older event legendaries, there are now so many of them that a lot of people will never hope to complete their pokedex, leaving them with numerous blank spaces.

Also it just seems to me that Gamefreak don't want to put any effort into their event legendaries anymore. in the old days each game had a nice little ingame area or activity to do in order to battle & catch the event legendary, however starting with Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect & Diancie they have stopped all of that and instead just give it to you. for example I was hoping in black2&white2 that you would be given a special keycard which would enable you to find an old abandoned Team Plasma lab where Genesect was waiting to be activated, but nope you just get given him.

It's just so unimaginative and shows how much little work they want to put into what are meant to be special legendary pokemon.

BCVM22

It's just so unimaginative and shows how much little work they want to put into what are meant to be special legendary pokemon.

It has absolutely nothing to do with being "unimaginative" or "how much work is being put in," much less "how much work they WANT to put in," emphasis yours. That's being pedantic and hyperbolic to the point of inaccuracy. Somehow claiming that you - or we as a whole - have any knowledge of how much work they "wanted" to put in is especially so.

It has everything to do with the fact that Pokémon received by any method of direct download can be authenticated with a set OT and ID number and are otherwise more protected against hacking and otherwise. Those are the contributing factors in this day and age, where every impatient whiner with an Action Replay could otherwise ruin for everyone whatever surprises the game had in store. Again, it has absolutely nothing to do with the "amount of work put in" or whether they "wanted" to put that work in, and to try and claim that borders on the ridiculous.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Also it just seems to me that Gamefreak don't want to put any effort into their event legendaries anymore. in the old days each game had a nice little ingame area or activity to do in order to battle & catch the event legendary, however starting with Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect & Diancie they have stopped all of that and instead just give it to you. for example I was hoping in black2&white2 that you would be given a special keycard which would enable you to find an old abandoned Team Plasma lab where Genesect was waiting to be activated, but nope you just get given him.

The Deoxys encounter here was at least pretty cool. Easily up there with older events like Celebi time travel, or Arceus at the Sinjoh Ruins, it really brings the Legend behind the Pokemon to life I think. Prime example of what I would love to see done with other events, since I agree that they've mostly been dry as of late.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
The Deoxys encounter here was at least pretty cool. Easily up there with older events like Celebi time travel, or Arceus at the Sinjoh Ruins, it really brings the Legend behind the Pokemon to life I think. Prime example of what I would love to see done with other events, since I agree that they've mostly been dry as of late.

I agree on Deoxys being encounter on the games was cool. I like to see what they do with Arceus cause they never released the item to unlock it in sinnoh games. Although they have released it for Japan for the movie, I love to see a post-game story which revolves around Arceus but that's a different story. Delta episode was ok but I wish there was a bit more to it so I rate it: 8/10 and that's me being generous considering I wanted a fight between both primals but never got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.