• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Delta Episode Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The Deoxys encounter here was at least pretty cool. Easily up there with older events like Celebi time travel, or Arceus at the Sinjoh Ruins, it really brings the Legend behind the Pokemon to life I think. Prime example of what I would love to see done with other events, since I agree that they've mostly been dry as of late.

Agreed. Even though I had no need for another Deoxys, I still thought that encountering one in the asteroid was a good conclusion to Delta Episode. :p

htth

Apparently it's actually recommended to kill the Deoxys on the spot during the Delta Episode so you can go get it at the Sky Pillar without the ten minute cutscene and get its IVs right away.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The introduction of Deoxys into the Delta Episode was unexpected and it fitted well at the end, especially that Birth Island triangle arrangement.

Mew_1

I've got a question about the Rayquaza.
Do you have a chance at checking its nature before the game saves itself? If not, what's the best way to determine its nature?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I've got a question about the Rayquaza.
Do you have a chance at checking its nature before the game saves itself? If not, what's the best way to determine its nature?

You can only check after the Delta Episode is done and you can reset it if it is not your desired nature.

Synnett

Stuff
Well, it was okay, nothing special... you just have to fly here and here. I was disappointed by the battle with the girl thing tho, it should have been before you get Rayquaza. After that, well, I captured Deoxys. That was it.

I'm pleased with the idea of a post-game, but it could have been better...

Mew_1

You can only check after the Delta Episode is done and you can reset it if it is not your desired nature.
Oh, so it does give you time to look before it autosaves on you... I thought it was going to be like Black/White, where if you catch the legendary then you can't check its nature unless you lose the battle with either N or Ghetsus.
Thanks!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
You're riding a dragon god into space to destroy and asteroid! That's so awesome!

Zinnia is my new waifu

I just recently completed the game for the first time and my mind is still blown about the "different dimensions" thing. So, I want too know what all of you think about this and how far does everyone think GF will go with this?

I just recently completed the game for the first time and my mind is still blown about the "different dimensions" thing. So, I want too know what all of you think about this and how far does everyone think GF will go with this?

I personally wasn't a huge fan of the parallel dimensions, although I did see it coming. I liked more to think of remakes as straight retcons of the previous games in the same universe.

Either way, I don't think they will go much further with it. Probably just make some more small vague references like Zinnia's quote if anything.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

It actually isn't anything incredibly new when you think about it. Pokemon has always featured a multiverse. One example is Omega Ruby vs. Alpha Sapphire. They are essentially the same story, but with slight differences, making them parallel universes of each other. Black and White even directly inferred that there were other worlds were things happen slightly differently. There's the fact that each person who buys their own copy of a game is creating a new universe. There's the trainer we all call Red, and yet every person that plays as him names him something different. In one version he chooses a Charamander as his starter, in another he picks Bulbasaur. In one he catches a Weedle, in another a Caterpie, and in yet another he catches both. Even on top of that we have both the anime and the manga, both of which also take place in their own world. So essentially, the multiverse has been around since Red and Blue. As for how far will they take it, probably not much further than they already have.

Veens

It actually isn't anything incredibly new when you think about it. Pokemon has always featured a multiverse. One example is Omega Ruby vs. Alpha Sapphire. They are essentially the same story, but with slight differences, making them parallel universes of each other. Black and White even directly inferred that there were other worlds were things happen slightly differently. There's the fact that each person who buys their own copy of a game is creating a new universe. There's the trainer we all call Red, and yet every person that plays as him names him something different. In one version he chooses a Charamander as his starter, in another he picks Bulbasaur. In one he catches a Weedle, in another a Caterpie, and in yet another he catches both. Even on top of that we have both the anime and the manga, both of which also take place in their own world. So essentially, the multiverse has been around since Red and Blue. As for how far will they take it, probably not much further than they already have.

A lot of game franchises as well as comic book franchises do this nowadays, it gives writers of the storylines a great amount of freedom, but at the same time it becomes confusing for the reader/gamer.
I mean it's great for introducing new features such as mega evolution and new Pokémon in ORAS, but it also creates scepticism among the community, because if the writers simply dont like a character/item anymore, they could just cut it out of the story or create an alternate universe in which things stay the same, which, after that, never gets looked at anymore. So at a certain time creating what's called alternate universes within the story is inevitable. Even with a great storyline like Pokémon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

I think Zinnia refers to a Hoenn of RSE by 'alternate dimension'. These worlds are 10 years apart and we didn't know what Mega Evolution was back then. And there are beliefs that new generation=new universe.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Either way, I don't think they will go much further with it. Probably just make some more small vague references like Zinnia's quote if anything.

I hope so. I just don't care much for the parallel universe stuff that she spoke about in Delta Episode. It was my least favorite part of the plot tbh.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I hope so. I just don't care much for the parallel universe stuff that she spoke about in Delta Episode. It was my least favorite part of the plot tbh.

Personally, I'm enamored by it. I'm studying to become an astrophysicist/theoretical physicist, so the inclusion of the multiverse theory interests me to no end. I think it is a truly interesting plot point.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

I don't think they'll delve much deeper into this.

To put it simply, I think they just want to separate Gen 1-5 games from Gen 6 onwards, where Mega Evolution exists.
Also, probably to tie in with Hoopa's myth/ability.

But then again, the concept is not new. The games are released in pairs and is followed by a third version, which easily give use three main paths.

Yeah your right, it just caught me off gaurd. As much as i want GF to dive deeper into this concept...I just don't see how they would be able to go as far as I would like them too with it. Obviously the remakes and different version are their idea of giving us parallel universes.

masterbreeder42

Beast Ball-catching Legend Wiz
I noticed something interesting about Zinnia. When you battle her, if you don't press the A Button to advance past Zinnia's animation to get the battle right away, if you look closely at Zinnia, she seems to have fangs when her mouth is slightly open. Did anyone else notice this, or is it just me?

Also, who do you think the original Aster was? I mean, obviously the name comes from ASTERoid, but was Aster Zinnia's friend, sister, daughter, or lover? Seriously, it's pretty unclear.

In response to the "Pokemon Multiverse" discussions, there are clearly at least six different ones in 6th Generation alone: One where the events of OmegaRuby and X happened, one where OmegaRuby and Y happened, one where AlphaSapphire and X happened, one where AlphaSapphire and Y happened, and (as there is no doiubt in my mind that Game Freak will make a Z Version), one each where OmegaRuby or AlphaSappire happened, along with X Version. Add previous generations' lack of Mega Evolution into the mix, and you get 12 realities: for example 4th Gen had 5 games, and each reality has either HeartGold or SoulSilver's events, PLUS the events of either Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum. They're usually small differences, but they are there.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Also, who do you think the original Aster was? I mean, obviously the name comes from ASTERoid, but was Aster Zinnia's friend, sister, daughter, or lover? Seriously, it's pretty unclear.

We get into this discussion every couple of pages, so no one really agrees. If you ask me, it was her daughter, possibly a baby, possibly died during childbirth. Zinnia directly calls Aster the Whismer her daughter, and acts as if Aster is her daughter on several occasions. Some people pass this off as her just being affectionate to a pet, but I don't think that's the case at all. Zinnia seems to be somewhat mentally unstable, and is using the Pokemon Aster as a proxy for the original Aster, meaning whoever the original Aster was, Zinnia seems to think Aster the Pokemon is the same person. Meaning, if the original Aster was Zinnia's sister or anything else, she would never call them her daughter. Some people think Zinnia is too young to have had a daughter, but I think she could easily have been anywhere as old as 25, meaning she easily could have had a daughter, especially if it died as a baby. Even if Zinnia is only 20, she could have had a baby when she was 19, and then it died soon before the events of the Delta Episode.

In response to the "Pokemon Multiverse" discussions, there are clearly at least six different ones in 6th Generation alone: One where the events of OmegaRuby and X happened, one where OmegaRuby and Y happened, one where AlphaSapphire and X happened, one where AlphaSapphire and Y happened, and (as there is no doiubt in my mind that Game Freak will make a Z Version), one each where OmegaRuby or AlphaSappire happened, along with X Version. Add previous generations' lack of Mega Evolution into the mix, and you get 12 realities: for example 4th Gen had 5 games, and each reality has either HeartGold or SoulSilver's events, PLUS the events of either Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum. They're usually small differences, but they are there.

Technically, there's an uncountable number of realities. If two people play Omega Ruby Version, they give their characters different names, they catch different Pokemon, they go about their adventures in different ways. Each of those people have created an alternate timeline. There's a different reality for every account ever made on a Pokemon game. That's why the Link Cable in the Delta Episode could be used to travel across dimensions, because it was originally used to connect two different accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.