• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Delta Episode Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurboBlaziken

Hero of Time
I can't even begin to handle this...

Rayquaza's always been my favorite legend, and Destiny Deoxys my favorite film. I was really excited about going to space and fighting Deoxys last night. But, the fact that we fly on RAYQUAZA into outer space to save the world from impending doom, while battling Deoxys... I am in awe. Those few seconds of footage have already convinced me this game will have my favorite postgame plot, for sure.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Traveling on Rayquaza in space is awesome but I'm not acting as if it's the coolest thing of the century (Stage Builder on SSB Wii U is much cooler than space). We'll probably be in space for a short period of time before going back on land in my opinion.

Episode Delta is going to be interesting that's for sure due to an extended Rayquaza plot.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Traveling on Rayquaza in space is awesome but I'm not acting as if it's the coolest thing of the century (Stage Builder on SSB Wii U is much cooler than space). We'll probably be in space for a short period of time before going back on land in my opinion.

Episode Delta is going to be interesting that's for sure due to an extended Rayquaza plot.
There better not be Arwings in Episode Delta.

I am taking a liking to Genius715's idea. What if the Ultimate Weapon was the laser, and the Mega Stones were from comet shards? It's like putting two parts of a puzzle together.

PKMNOriginsRed

Pokemon Trainer
Theory about things:

The PC screws up - The fusion of Rayquaza's mega energy (due to it mega evolving to destroy the meteor) and a dormant space virus creates Deoxys, which then tries to destroy Rayquaza and Hoenn for awakening it. The event from 3000 years ago was a meteor that almost hit Hoenn, but was hit by the Ultimate Weapon (thought to be the power of Rayquaza at the time) and shattered, scattering Hoenn's mega stones

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
While I'm at it, let me share why I believe Genius175's idea is valid. Here is a VM I sent to Psynergy.

Speaking of Rayquaza, did you see Genius715's theory about Mega Evolution in the Delta Episode thread?

Here is why I believe it.

1. Rayquaza is said to Mega Evolve in a special way due to its unique biology, and we see it Mega Evolve when it goes to space.
2. Rayquaza is also said to be holding the mystery of Mega Evolution, so why would it Mega Evolve in space?
3. The Delta Episode clearly mentions AZ, who fired the weapon, and they tie Rayquaza and/or Deoxys to something 3000 years old.
4. Why would this all be significant? Previously, I thought the laser must have been a scientific accident when it hit a lab virus in a space ship. But if this all ties 3000 years back, they wouldn't have that technology (unless we are talking predictions, Pokemon Movie: 2000 style).

I'm not saying that I am backing it up 100%, but it does make me think there is something to that idea.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I guess it's cool that Mega Evolution's secrets will be revealed in the Delta Episode subplot, but I'm not that hyped about learning more about Hoenn's history since I think we have a pretty good idea of that already.

diakyu

So I'm looking at the screenshot of Zinnia in a cave looking up and talking about the legend about the asteroid. I can see steps behind her so I'm gonna assume this is Granite Cave and she's looking at the mural. We all just assumed that the triangle in the sky was just Mega Rayquaza, but what if it was actually meant to represent the asteroid? The triangle could mean it's Rayqaza's job to stop it.

Also, is it possible that the battle between Groudon and Kyogre happened at the same time as the war in Kalos? We only ever hear about the natural disasters caused by the legends in Hoenn so maybe Groudon and Kyogre only affected Hoenn. Though I'm not really sure of any implications if these two events were happening at the same time.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
So I'm looking at the screenshot of Zinnia in a cave looking up and talking about the legend about the asteroid. I can see steps behind her so I'm gonna assume this is Granite Cave and she's looking at the mural. We all just assumed that the triangle in the sky was just Mega Rayquaza, but what if it was actually meant to represent the asteroid? The triangle could mean it's Rayqaza's job to stop it.

A few people did suggest that the triangle was Deoxys, and now I feel very silly for being a naysayer about it. Time to eat my hat, I suppose.

Also, is it possible that the battle between Groudon and Kyogre happened at the same time as the war in Kalos? We only ever hear about the natural disasters caused by the legends in Hoenn so maybe Groudon and Kyogre only affected Hoenn. Though I'm not really sure of any implications if these two events were happening at the same time.

Ehh maybe, but according to the legend on the site, the battle between Groudon and Kyogre brought the whole world to the edge of destruction, which makes it sounds as though it went well outside of Hoenn's boundaries.

disboardvagrant

well over 9000
Do we know anything about zinnia and how she ties in with delta episode? I feel like she'd somehow be related to AZ.

btw SO HYPED FOR THIS DELTA EPISODE! :DDD Riding M-Rayquaza like a baws. This is such a dramatic change from the good old birth island puzzle.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Do we know anything about zinnia and how she ties in with delta episode? I feel like she'd somehow be related to AZ.

btw SO HYPED FOR THIS DELTA EPISODE! :DDD Riding M-Rayquaza like a baws. This is such a dramatic change from the good old birth island puzzle.

From her dialogue she is justvresearching myths. By appereance and team composition many speculate that she is related to Drasna...Other than that nothing.

Where probably getting this episode to make up for the fact tat we aren't getting Emerald remakes so that Rayquaza and Deoxys can have a role similar to Emerald.
And also we know the reason why we don't have an Emerald remake as they told Eurogamer in an interview around a month back.

Eurogamer: What is the reason not a remake of Pokemon Emerald exist?

Junichi Masuda: I was the director of the original and was a very special and memorable project for me. The inspiration for the region came to me from the land of my grandparents, the island of Kyushu in Japan, visiting during the summer to play in the river and ocean. Being such a special project, I knew I wanted to recreate Ruby and Sapphire remakes these. But there are simple recreations, and added many elements, eg, Rayquaza, who had a big role in Pokémon Emerald, has importance in these new games in addition to the news that I believe that players will enjoy.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Ehh maybe, but according to the legend on the site, the battle between Groudon and Kyogre brought the whole world to the edge of destruction, which makes it sounds as though it went well outside of Hoenn's boundaries.

Not to mention it's heavily implied the Groudon/Kyogre fight happened in prehistory, so much longer than simply 3000 years ago. There's nothing to say Rayquaza didn't stop an asteroid or was involved in AZ's war at that time because unlike Kyogre and Groudon, it didn't go dormant.

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
I got more hyped after reading more information about the Delta Episode. Destroying the meteorite/comet/whatever by Rayquaza is much like what happened in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team, maybe a cross-referenced to this and to the movie. I also wonder how AZ involved in the story since he was mentioned by Wallace.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I'm not sure if it has been brought up yet, but I thought we'd go into space with the rocket. It seems we'll go with Rayquaza instead.

b4mBbY.png

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Can't Wait. Oh and btw...X and Y trainer AZ? Okay then, now Zinnia and her Aster? ALDNOAH ZERO CROSSOVER FOR POKEMON CONFIRMED!!!!!!!! XD lol jk, but it does peak my interest of the entire A/Z spiel these guys are having recently. Maybe it's some popular trend in Japan now or something.

I got the same feeling as well. She says that it's her destiny to protect the earth so I wouldn't be surprised if she was a descendant of AZ. Although she might just as well only be a spiritual successor.
Not to mention it's heavily implied the Groudon/Kyogre fight happened in prehistory, so much longer than simply 3000 years ago. There's nothing to say Rayquaza didn't stop an asteroid or was involved in AZ's war at that time because unlike Kyogre and Groudon, it didn't go dormant.
I have a hard time placing this battle, especially when it ended. Mainly because we know that people were around and their prayers were the source of Rayquaza's Mega Evolution. So it's not that long ago, although it can still be way before the war 3000 years ago.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Hopefully, this is not an event, but an in-game unlockable or something. It would suck for something so awesome to be unavailable to so many

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Hopefully, this is not an event, but an in-game unlockable or something. It would suck for something so awesome to be unavailable to so many

That is pretty much what every event has been about, cool new pokemon, for a selected few, going to a new area to catch a new pokemon? Only event tough.

And they even pulled a streetpass thingy on the eon ticket...As much as i hate to face it there is a grim posibility this would be yet another thing activated by an event.

Last edited:

Photonkrios95

So, people think they're going to put 2 Rayquaza in game? Ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.