• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Delta Episode Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Exactly! I don't understand why people think it has a strong possibility of being DLC.

At first blush, it just seemed like something that would be DLC content. As in, too good to be true in a standard game. But now it seems to me that this is standard postgame, simply because I've seen nothing other than the fact that Deoxys is present to indicate it's DLC

Mr.FusRoDah

Because the trailer was just covering everything within corocoro
This is why all the other legendaries, completely unrelated to the Delta Episode, were in the same trailer

SO MAYBE

JUST MAYBE

you just need to beat the e4
LIKE literally every other post game plot

But why devalue a perfectly good event Pokémon such as Deoxys and turn it into an in-game legend? Sure, it's possible, yet unheard of and in my opinion, a bad idea. I am a huge Deoxys fan, and one of the main perks to owning a few is the fact they're not a normally obtainable in-game Pokémon. I mean, look at what Pikachu-Colored Pichu did in Gen IV. Sure, Spiky-Eared Pichu was a dead-ender. But what if the Glalie triggers a Looker Bureau-like mission starring Steven Stone and Wallace. Sure, it's possible it could be standard in-game. Or it could be an unlockable, like many past events were. Deoxys was a denizen of the 9th island of a certain Island chain in Gen III, afterall. That Island was coded in game, yet needed to be unlocked with a mystery gift item. Over time, we've seen others, with Darkrai and the Hotel Key-card, Shaymin and Oak's letter, and Victini and the Liberty Ticket. Perhaps this is another one of those events, and perhaps Glalie is the key. Either way, Delta Episode seems awesome, and deserving of the band Europe's most famous song, Final Countdown. I will admit, if this is the end of Deoxys' long run as an event only Pokémon, so be it. At least it's status will go out with a bang.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
Because there's a million event Pokemon and not all of them can so easily be tied to assorted promotions

I honestly suspect this is the reason. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens in the future for latter remakes (on GF's unpredictable time scale)
Its been a long time since some pokemon have been released as events, some I don't think have been seen since gen 4...

Pilpulp

美的
But why devalue a perfectly good event Pokémon such as Deoxys and turn it into an in-game legend?

I really don't like events. They are so dependant on your location it's stupid. Look at Japan, they've gotten Jirachi four times since 2013. Meanwhile the last time everyone else got it was 2010. That type of thing is just ridiculous in my opinion.

I'd really just like them to get rid of events for the most part, with the exceptions of a couple of legendaries and things like Shiny Beldum and Vivillon.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I really don't like events. They are so dependant on your location it's stupid. Look at Japan, they've gotten Jirachi four times since 2013. Meanwhile the last time everyone else got it was 2010. That type of thing is just ridiculous in my opinion.

I'd really just like them to get rid of events for the most part, with the exceptions of a couple of legendaries and things like Shiny Beldum and Vivillon.

That's me too, Siebold. Back in the older games they were even harder to get to. They pretty much took place in big cities or in bigger Toys R' Us stores. So a lot of people got left out in the cold, for the most part due to location.

Mr.FusRoDah

You do have a good point. It will be what it will be, and we got a week until we find out if it's in-game normally or if we have to unlock it with a certain Pokémon or an item. I do wish they would give out Jirachi more. Manaphy would be a good event-turned-in-game Pokémon, due to the fact they haven't had an event here in the US for it since Guardian Signs.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
But why devalue a perfectly good event Pokémon such as Deoxys and turn it into an in-game legend? Sure, it's possible, yet unheard of and in my opinion, a bad idea. I am a huge Deoxys fan, and one of the main perks to owning a few is the fact they're not a normally obtainable in-game Pokémon. I mean, look at what Pikachu-Colored Pichu did in Gen IV. Sure, Spiky-Eared Pichu was a dead-ender. But what if the Glalie triggers a Looker Bureau-like mission starring Steven Stone and Wallace. Sure, it's possible it could be standard in-game. Or it could be an unlockable, like many past events were. Deoxys was a denizen of the 9th island of a certain Island chain in Gen III, afterall. That Island was coded in game, yet needed to be unlocked with a mystery gift item. Over time, we've seen others, with Darkrai and the Hotel Key-card, Shaymin and Oak's letter, and Victini and the Liberty Ticket. Perhaps this is another one of those events, and perhaps Glalie is the key. Either way, Delta Episode seems awesome, and deserving of the band Europe's most famous song, Final Countdown. I will admit, if this is the end of Deoxys' long run as an event only Pokémon, so be it. At least it's status will go out with a bang.

What is the point of event anyway?

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
Don't know where people get the idea that this could be DLC. To start off, if it was DLC, they would refer to it as a Deoxys event, and would give you the date and method of getting it, but they didn't. It only means its an actual part of the game from the get go, which is neat. Still waiting on Battle Frontier, though.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
tumblr_nf0bpqETcv1t3mmnjo1_400.png

Praise helix!

Attachments

• tumblr_nf0bpqETcv1t3mmnjo3_250.png
    tumblr_nf0bpqETcv1t3mmnjo3_250.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 47

Zoldakin

tumblr_nf0bpqETcv1t3mmnjo3_250.png

Praise helix!

ha! the almighty helix is everywhere.

This is def intentionally done by gamefreak.
beyond arceus level god helix confurmed for delta episode; comes with mr.stone's ultimate artifact, the helix mega stone, ability: insta win, +800BST.... all happening in SPACE!!!

Last edited:

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire

I believe it was to keep the current Gen's game feel "fresh" by having something new for it. I am not a fan of Deoxys losing it's Event status but it's been roughly ten years since the original game it was released for, it can lose that status.

Plus, I feel that a remake is the rightful place for event legendaries to lose that distinction and I'm glad they did it. Hopefully it extends to SparklingDiamond/ShiningPearl and BrightWhite/DarkBlack or whatever they'll add to their titles. I always loved Darkrai more than Cresselia anyways and I feel like no one cared about Meloetta.

What's the point of the Delta Episode? To hang out with an extremely sexy NPC and battle her Mega Salamence (or his Emerald championship team, depending on your preference), to fulfill the fans' long-held dream of flying into space on Mega Rayquaza's back, and to battle and capture Deoxys while in orbit above PokéEarth.

...Oh, wait. Did you mean to ask, "what's the point of DLC events?" It's just a marketing ploy. It gives you a reason to visit GameStop other than when new games release, and they hope you'll buy something else while you're there. Same deal with the Eon Ticket practically requiring you to visit league events. It's just a way to drum up attendance to their annual shindigs, and they hope you'll participate in league battles, as well. (Or at least buy some plushies and crap from their gift shop.)

Mr.FusRoDah

What's the point of the Delta Episode? To hang out with an extremely sexy NPC and battle her Mega Salamence (or his Emerald championship team, depending on your preference), to fulfill the fans' long-held dream of flying into space on Mega Rayquaza's back, and to battle and capture Deoxys while in orbit above PokéEarth.

...Oh, wait. Did you mean to ask, "what's the point of DLC events?" It's just a marketing ploy. It gives you a reason to visit GameStop other than when new games release, and they hope you'll buy something else while you're there. Same deal with the Eon Ticket practically requiring you to visit league events. It's just a way to drum up attendance to their annual shindigs, and they hope you'll participate in league battles, as well. (Or at least buy some plushies and crap from their gift shop.)

But hey, it isn't like I mind free stuff when I'm up that way to preorder or browse through Gamestop anyway. As for the Eon Ticket, one can only hope that it spreads like mono. As for Delta Episode, I'm cool with it, no matter if it's some post-game Looker-Bureau thing or a DLC pack.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught

In an ideal world This would be for the best. (sadly it will not likely happen) The presence of events cripples playability for me as once unlocked the download regardless of type doesn't carry over. This means I will eventually stop playing rather than starting a new playthrough. As such I haven't started a new playthrough until after the next generation is released (usually once I have transferred all my pokemon over to the next generation)
However there has been a noticeable shift in what types of things are given away at events nowadays as they shift away from legends to pokemon with special moves, or are shiny or have a unique forme ect.

I figure this addition is GF recognizing this trend and seeing a better ploy to used Deoxys towards. As of gen 6 there are or were 15 possibly 16 species (depending on if Phione is counted) Given the number of events GF gives out and how many of those are event legends, it makes sense to reduce the number especially as more will come next gen...

Hobnbob

Making event exclusives available in game is so good!! The only event pokemon I have ever had was victini, which I didn't really like, but Deoxys is amazing!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I have most of the event exclusive Pokemon given out since BW came out to the US with the exception of Darkrai. The event Pokemon I am missing beside Darkrai are Mew, Jirachi, Shaymin, and Manaphy. I got Arceus from the vote on the BW Dream World event. I HAD the Draco Meteor Jirachi but it doesn't count as I had never gotten to even use it when my game was taken away from me. I was really upset when someone took all my games and DS Lite away from me and I'll NEVER get them back. Thanks to that person, I never even got a Mew when it was given out over Mystery Gift.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
This Delta Episode thingy seems pretty dope to me. What I absolute adore is the fact to go in the space, with MEGA RAYQUAZA, and fight DEOXYS? What?! Anyhow, I bet this is going to be post game stuff.. Zinnia seems interesting, since she has a Mega Salamence too..

Pichu VS

I hope the Delta Episode is not the only good post-game activity we are gonna get. Since Rayquaza is definitely part of the main story and Delta, hope we can get back the Battle Frontier or maybe the World Tournament. And other things to do before or after Delta. I'm not a competitive player, so more post-game content would be loved. But yea, excited for this. Zinnia looks awesome. I thought she was just gonna be a new rival-kind of trainer, but she's way more than that. I do hope we also get Jirachi in-game. It's my favorite out of the small legendaries. Please, GF, do it!

Autobot N

I hope the Delta Episode is not the only good post-game activity we are gonna get. Since Rayquaza is definitely part of the main story and Delta, hope we can get back the Battle Frontier or maybe the World Tournament. And other things to do before or after Delta. I'm not a competitive player, so more post-game content would be loved. But yea, excited for this. Zinnia looks awesome. I thought she was just gonna be a new rival-kind of trainer, but she's way more than that. I do hope we also get Jirachi in-game. It's my favorite out of the small legendaries. Please, GF, do it!

Yea, the PWT was awesome. Battle Frontier would be welcome, because although I could, I can't bring myself to do it on SS because it just seems so ancient...

Status
Not open for further replies.