• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Delta Episode Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
So I'm in a bit of a predicament. I just finished the Delta Episode but I accidentally knocked out Deoxys and couldn't catch it. Is there any way to re fight it?

Sky pilar after fighting the e4

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Sky Pillar is unlocked after the e4. Are you talking about the original go through, or re-fighting the e4 and then going back to Sky Pillar?

You need to beat the Elite 4 again and Deoxys should show up at Sky Pillar. It's probably better that you KO'ed it first though since you can now easily reset for a desirable nature as opposed to in the mandatory battle since there's no huge cutscenes to go through anymore. I KO'ed it on purpose since getting a competitive Rayquaza was a first priority for me.

You need to beat the Elite 4 again and Deoxys should show up at Sky Pillar. It's probably better that you KO'ed it first though since you can now easily reset for a desirable nature as opposed to in the mandatory battle since there's no huge cutscenes to go through anymore. I KO'ed it on purpose since getting a competitive Rayquaza was a first priority for me.

Much obliged friend, and that is actually a good reason to KO him at the start. Might could get a competitive Deoxys!

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
I have to say, this was one of the most entertain post games I've been through in Pokemon. The greater cinematic flair with Deoxys reveal was mind-boggling. The catch is also quite trick, probably the hardest in game catch ever, as you can't save between your battle with Rayquaza and Zinnia, and Deoxys is super frail so you can't rely on Rayquaza to weaken it, but it hits hard as well, so you can't just sit there either. Still, though, more would have been appreciated.

Flavia

Nope. I caught it in space, but it still said that I caught it at the Sky Pillar.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I liked the episode although I wish we could save after getting Rayquaza and BEFORE going into space though. I think that the games from this point on will have another battle after the credits roll during your first E4 win and then some sort of side quest afterwards. At least this one has more play value than the Looker missions in XY. Don't get me wrong because the suit Emma wears to become Essentia and Malva showing that Team Flare CAN be quite civil and not out to destroy all life as we know it was nice, there were no memorable moments in the entire thing aside from what I mentioned and the foreign lady speaking in a different language and yelling at Looker after he insulted her even though he "thought" he knew what she was saying.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This was the best postgame story so far. I enjoyed every second of it. Way better than I enjoyed X/Y's.
It was nice to see what Zinnia's involvement with Team Magma/Aqua was like.
The background for Deoxys' battle was very cool as well.

ORASPokemon

I'm hoping this is relevant: Does anyone know what there is left in the aftergame after the Delta Episode? I'm currently at the Battle Resort and not sure what to do next.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
on a scale of 1 to 420, how high was Game Freak when they wrote they Delta Episode

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm hoping this is relevant: Does anyone know what there is left in the aftergame after the Delta Episode? I'm currently at the Battle Resort and not sure what to do next.

You can venture on the path to fight Smogon Wally by getting a 50 win streak in the Maison, but outside of that you've just the extra stuff like legendaries, contests and secret bases to mess around with.

on a scale of 1 to 420, how high was Game Freak when they wrote they Delta Episode

But seriously, I'm impressed with what they did with the plot here.

They tied things together very well, even expanding on the mythology very well and incorporating what we know from X/Y here. And they didn't even have to outright retcon Lucario supposedly being the first Pokemon to Mega Evolve in order to say Rayquaza was really the first. Zinnia was also integrated into the game very well, I almost wish there was more to her that we got to see. Being openly willing to sacrifice herself in order to summon Rayquaza wasn't something I expected out of a Pokemon game even after Team Flare's "kill everything" plan, and it was great plot point. The suggestion of alternate universes is also a cool concept for Pokemon, even if it sounds like an easy way out of retconning.

The bit about its biology was unexpected though, learning about its so-called mikado organ with the same power as a Mega Stone and all. It explains why it doesn't have a Mega Stone even if it's what makes it so broken. Rayquaza literally eats Meteoroids/Meteorites though, you can't get more hardcore than that. Cool though, the energy from eating those Meteorites merges with its own internal energy to create the same energy as the Mega Stones and that's why it Mega Evolves without a stone. I enjoyed the expansion on the weather trio as a whole and Zinnia was a great character to include in it. Delta Episode definitely trumps Emerald's plot, and with this post-game I'm very okay with the absence of a full Frontier.

Seriously though, as much as I fangirl about Rayquaza, seeing it being referred to specifically as "Lord Rayquaza" was really weird before it started to sound cool. As jokingly as I say it before this, with the title of "lord and savior" and the music in Sky Pillar, the name Rayquaza may as well be synonymous with God.

You can venture on the path to fight Smogon Wally by getting a 50 win streak in the Maison, but outside of that you've just the extra stuff like legendaries, contests and secret bases to mess around with.
If there is one thing that I hate about this game is how Gamefreak(Ohmori and Masuda) lied to us all along that the post-game will be expansive and didn't even have guts to admit that the Frontier isn't
going to be in the game, instead they put some crappy Maison which had nothing to do with Hoenn at all. They could have at least put the Tower as that was in R/S but no they had to not put it in as it is part of the Frontier. This is why so far it is the worst games ever to be released in my eyes.

Last edited:
If there is one thing that I hate about this game is how Gamefreak(Ohmori and Masuda) lied to us all along that the post-game will be expansive and didn't even have guts to admit that the Frontier isn't
going to be in the game, instead they put some crappy Maison which had nothing to do with Hoenn at all. They could have at least put the Tower as that was in R/S but no they had to not put it in as it is part of the Frontier. This is why so far it is the worst games ever to be released in my eyes.

What I find evermore confusing is that multiple NPCs reference that the Battle Maison & it's Chatelaines are Hoenn native, yet the sign outside of the Battle Maison says "Battle Maison Replica.

o_O

Not putting something in that wasn't there in the first place doesn't really make it qualify as the worst set of games. Hoenn got a lot of hate the first time around because people somehow expected the GBA to be able to connect to RGBYGSC. However, this time around, Hoenn looks marvelous with nice plot additions and a decent amount of changes. But I personally found X and Y to be incredibly boring with nothing to do after the Elite 4. The only thing I find strange is the references to the Battle Frontier... It makes me believe that it will pop up again one way or another.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Honestly hoenn is still the worse region to me followed close by sinnoh due to the poor distribution and horrible exploring mechanics. ORAS, patches this a bit with the DexNav giving new tricks to old dogs but it's merely a sugar coat of how terrible the game design felt even tough they included a lot of environments.

It's the game I rush to post game breed and battle, unlike the other games in which I restart them just to try new stuff and do the region once more. I never enjoyed doing that with hoenn, and only did it in emerald to battle the brains again... And I hated moving trough hoenn for it.

Delta Episode offers nothing new bar cutscene overdose and some lore that kinda felt forced if you aren't doing it the first time aka reruns.

Honestly hoenn is still the worse region to me followed close by sinnoh due to the poor distribution and horrible exploring mechanics. ORAS, patches this a bit with the DexNav giving new tricks to old dogs but it's merely a sugar coat of how terrible the game design felt even tough they included a lot of environments.

It's the game I rush to post game breed and battle, unlike the other games in which I restart them just to try new stuff and do the region once more. I never enjoyed doing that with hoenn, and only did it in emerald to battle the brains again... And I hated moving trough hoenn for it.

Delta Episode offers nothing new bar cutscene overdose and some lore that kinda felt forced if you aren't doing it the first time aka reruns.

Hey, at least it's story and characters has some depth, as opposed to a certain pair of games (looking at you XY). Cheer up a bit. Yes, we've yet to really see any depth in Gen VI...but it took GF the better half of 4 gens to get it right, and then another to perfect it. Things will improve in future games, I'm sure, &seeing as the last 2 gens before this had a reasonable amount of post game playability it should only be a matter of time before we can see this transferred to this Gen (Lysandre rebirth anybody?).

fitzy909

Just another guy
Hey, at least it's story and characters has some depth, as opposed to a certain pair of games (looking at you XY). Cheer up a bit. Yes, we've yet to really see any depth in Gen VI...but it took GF the better half of 4 gens to get it right, and then another to perfect it. Things will improve in future games, I'm sure, &seeing as the last 2 gens before this had a reasonable amount of post game playability it should only be a matter of time before we can see this transferred to this Gen (Lysandre rebirth anybody?).

The depth of story in this game is pretty good and the characters all have improved writing, so they feel more realistic. The villainous teams both gain from this and don't feel as generic as say Team Galactic. However, I think XY's story wasn't too bad, if only for the parts with AZ.

The depth of story in this game is pretty good and the characters all have improved writing, so they feel more realistic. The villainous teams both gain from this and don't feel as generic as say Team Galactic. However, I think XY's story wasn't too bad, if only for the parts with AZ.

I totally agree, Steven & Wally definitely got some love from GF seeing as they seem to have a load of newly found depth. But it's characters like Zinnia that make you realise maybe post game introduction doesn't allow for that much depth- and let's not forget that terrible 3D model (why is she slouching like a Primape?!).

With XY, I looked forward to parts with AZ, he seemed like N in a number of ways, and N is definitely high up the list in terms of character depth. Seeing N would so make Pokémon Z...it's like how Lysandre is supposedly related to AZ, well he actually is, but there's no connection there for the player, and Lysandre seems monotonous until he goes bat crap crazy and" kills" himself (hoping for a Z rebirth).

Something weird that we're starting to see is GF lean to our rivals becoming love interests...unless it's going to be built upon in an ultimate Pokémon game with all the regions and we age a ton and start a family, please STOP, it's insanely cringy...

diakyu

But it's characters like Zinnia that make you realise maybe post game introduction doesn't allow for that much depth- and let's not forget that terrible 3D model (why is she slouching like a Primape?!).
I disagree completely.
Zinnia is perfectly fine when it comes to her character depth. She's clearly a bit nuts due to the loss of her Daughter/Sister. Naming her Whismur after this person pretty much made all the scenes where she talked to it really off putting. Not only is she a bit crazy, but she's also desperate.

Her 3D model does a fine job of showing that battles are the only way she really every lets lose the pressure in her mind. Remember, she's one of the few who actually knows about the other world and how to save both worlds at the same time.

She's definitely a product of this new trend GF has been trying to do to deepen their characters like they did before with N, AZ, and Lysandre.

Status
Not open for further replies.