• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Delta Episode Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xuxuba

The only mega stone's origin we know for sure is Rayquaza's (the meteorite).
Everything else is just speculation, but we do know that some of them are related to Z's weapon and Anistar City's big crystalline sundial.

Last edited:

Mi-tan

Not sure if they happily ignore it or feel unable to change it. There's a lot of shady stuff that happens in politics all the time, but what can we do to change these things? Money in politics is a problem, but what is the solution?

That could be true too, yeah. What stood out the most to me is the discord between the general atmosphere and the information in Sea Mauville, but nobody else really talks about that, so there's no way of knowing if people are comfortable with what might be going on or not.

The Meteorite Shards were needed in order to power the Link Cable. The rocket was fueled using Infinity Energy, as well as the human life energy found in Key Stones, in order to artificially simulate the burst of energy that occurs during Mega Evolution. According to Courtney/Matt, the rocket contained even more energy than the ultimate weapon, and they intended to force it to explode so as to destroy the world on their own terms.

Oh yeah, the Key Stones' energy was what I remembered that was related to humans. I might be just dense, but honestly the science behind this makes very little sense. To be fair it is Pokemon, but it doesn't seem like they put in much effort to make it logical, just to connect it to X/Y and Mega Evolution lol

So, it is produced from pokemon. However, while it is implied to be bad, it does not have to be so.

That Wiki quote you posted does imply that Infinity Energy might not require the deaths of Pokemon. It reminds me again of Ranger: Shadows of Almia; there was a level in that game where two Electric-types were being used to power something, so they weren't dying but they were also trapped in cages. Maybe Infinity Energy is more about taking energy from Pokemon and then letting them recover or restoring their energy via Potions or something. Wonder if it'll be explained in detail someday?

Also look at this from Sea Mauville:

That thing about giving up your sanity freaks me out every time lol

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
The end of the Groudon/Kyogre conflict has us being told that new Pokemon are reacting to Mega Stones and then we start getting Mega Stones appearing in locations we've already been (like next to Birch's lab for Mewtwo X). Seems like a heavy implication that the energy created new stones too.

So I didn't just imagine that Mega Stone next to his lab being there all of a sudden...

I know that Birch said that the resolution of the crisis caused Pokémon that used to live in the Hoenn region thousands of years ago to return, but I don't remember him saying anything about Mega Stones. Maybe I missed that?

Nothing said that the stones that are changed only affect Pokemon of the same type or anything. The energy alters the stone to do something it shouldn't be capable of doing in the first place, so I don't see why other changes couldn't be made during that process.

Indeed. Technically, it's only speculation on Sycamore's part that the stones that were mutated were Evolutionary Stones specifically, but then, they were irradiated with a cocktail of various energies, so I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think that they were altered on such a level so as to go further outside of their boundaries than normal, especially when, as you say, they aren't even supposed to trigger Mega Evolution in the first place.

The only mega stone's origin we know for sure is Rayquaza's (the meteorite).
Everything else is just speculation, but we do know that some of them are related to Z's weapon and Anistar City's big crystalline sundial.

Speculation, yes, but very well-evidenced speculation still. Sycamore's theory about the Stones being created by the ultimate weapon was shown to be at least mostly correct when he had you touch the Anistar Sundial in order to upgrade your Mega Ring, as he was operating on the logic that you, too, had been irradiated by the same energies on some level when you made contact with Xerneas/Yveltal in Team Flare's HQ. And then there's the fact that this universe, which did see the occurrence of AZ's war and the creation of the ultimate weapon, which supposedly created the Mega Stones, has Mega Evolution, whereas the old universe, which had no war and no weapon, does not. So the weapon has to be at least mostly responsible for the emergence Mega Evolution, because if there are any other significant sources, then surely, in the old universe, they would have been discovered?

Oh yeah, the Key Stones' energy was what I remembered that was related to humans. I might be just dense, but honestly the science behind this makes very little sense. To be fair it is Pokemon, but it doesn't seem like they put in much effort to make it logical, just to connect it to X/Y and Mega Evolution lol

The only thing that I'm not clear on is how Key Stones contain human energy, although I have a theory (that they don't naturally contain human life energy, but rather, they transmit it). But as far as Pokémon being used as an energy source, I think it makes perfect sense. Just think about Pokémon in general, and about how they can seemingly create and gain mass from nothing. Where does the energy for things their attacks or evolutions come from? We've known since at least Gen IV that Pokémon let off energy when they evolve, and Team Galactic was even said to have been researching ways of harnessing that energy for other purposes. Of course, they were only just beginning to break new ground with that thinking in that universe, as there was never an ultimate weapon in that version of history. In the new timeline, the idea that Pokémon life energy can be harnessed in order to power technology has a 3,000 year precedent.

Anyway, my point is, now we have something of an answer that elaborates on the otherwise-nonsensical abilities of Pokémon to create mass out of seemingly nowhere. It actually comes from the Pokémon themselves, which are in fact major energy sources.

Mega Evolution takes the principle of regular evolution and the energy that the Pokémon let off when that occurs, to an even higher level by boosting it with human energy transmitted through Key Stones. More energy = further evolution.

Honesty, I find it rather amazing as to how well this all holds up, despite obviously not being planned very far in advance.

Last edited:

Scarlet Tactician

Lazy, But Here
It's about an hour and half story, assuming you don't get lost along the way.
That sounds about right. I'd say it was just a bit longer for me because I had trouble finding Steven in Meteor Falls.

On a side note, something just hit me- if X/Y and OR/AS are really a separate timeline from the previous games, that could explain why Mewtwo is in Kalos and why there are mega stones for it. Either Mewtwo was created much farther in the past, or maybe it was made in Kalos instead and the mega stones were an attempt at making man-made mega stones.

Grei

not the color
I'm not sure I'd buy that. Mewtwo likely was still canonically created in Kanto. I'd sooner believe that more Mewtwos than the one in Kanto were made, or that Mewtwo traveled to Kalos in search of its Mega Stones or something.

Which makes me wonder... are there multiples of every Mega Stone? Or are we supposed to assume that there's one of every Stone and that the reason there are dupicates between XY and ORAS is gameplay/story separation?:

DanteKoriyu

So I didn't just imagine that Mega Stone next to his lab being there all of a sudden...

I know that Birch said that the resolution of the crisis caused Pokémon that used to live in the Hoenn region thousands of years ago to return, but I don't remember him saying anything about Mega Stones. Maybe I missed that?
I dunno. I remember it being mentioned, but I've also been speeding through the games trying to complete the ORAS Hoenn Dex. So I could be mistaken, as I wasn't paying all that much attention to the text boxes.

I do know for a fact that Steven says that changes are sure to be taking place all over Hoenn after the Meteor does the sparkly explosion though, and it's undeniable that some Mega Stones aren't there the first time we visit locations. (Mewtwo X is an example, as I already mentioned.)

Ssargon

Wind Dragon
Certainly an interesting episode. Glad I never bothered watching trailers; I knew Deoxys was in ORAS in some manner and figured it had something to do with the meteors but never expected the whole triangle tentacle hnngh dat music thing to happen.

Also Lord and Saviour Rayquaza... wonder if the Draconids will end up forming the Church of Goomy now that their snake Dragon god thing is fast inside a trainer's ball.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
My thinking is that the Mewtwo in this timeline was created in Kalos, but in this timeline, the scientists who created it engineered it specifically to react to an already-existing Mega Stone. In the old timeline, Mega Stones didn't exist, so the scientists who created Mewtwo wouldn't have been inspired to take advantage of them when they were working on their project, but here, they could look at the Mega Stones and say, "Hey, we want it to be super powerful - let's try and make it so that it responds to a Mega Stone."

Happily resolves the issue of "How does an artificial Pokémon created in the recent past have a Mega Stone from 3,000 years ago?"

Although, with that being said, Infinity Energy shows us that they obviously know how to harness and artificially recreate the Mega Evolution process, so being able to manufacture Mega Stones doesn't seem like all that much of a stretch anymore.

As for there being multiples of Mega Stones - yes, there would have to be. If for no other reason than the Lucario vs. Lucario battle from XY, but there's also the moment when Serena/Calem gives you an Absolite in the post-game despite Mega Absol being their signature Pokémon.

DanteKoriyu

My thinking is that the Mewtwo in this timeline was created in Kalos, but in this timeline, the scientists who created it engineered it specifically to react to an already-existing Mega Stone. In the old timeline, Mega Stones didn't exist, so the scientists who created Mewtwo wouldn't have been inspired to take advantage of them when they were working on their project, but here, they could look at the Mega Stones and say, "Hey, we want it to be super powerful - let's try and make it so that it responds to a Mega Stone."

Happily resolves the issue of "How does an artificial Pokémon created in the recent past have a Mega Stone from 3,000 years ago?"

Although, with that being said, Infinity Energy shows us that they obviously know how to harness and artificially recreate the Mega Evolution process, so being able to manufacture Mega Stones doesn't seem like all that much of a stretch anymore.

It's possible I guess, but Mewtwo's stones could have also just been created during the Cave of Origin energy surge and/or Lysandre's firing of the Ultimate Weapon in more modern times...

Out of curiosity, has anyone killed deoxys/ran from the battle to test whether or not he re-appears in an alternate location or the top of the tower? I just started playing through my second game and I'm wondering if I can somehow manage to soft reset for nature/IV. Delta episode's finale is horribly long for trying to reset either pokemon. Also, a bit off topic, but has there been any confirmation as to whether legendary pokemon can be shiny in these versions and if not, could I mega-evolve a Nobunaga's Rayquaza by teaching it Dragon's Ascent (is there even a tutor for that outside the delta episode?)?

DanteKoriyu

Out of curiosity, has anyone killed deoxys/ran from the battle to test whether or not he re-appears in an alternate location or the top of the tower? I just started playing through my second game and I'm wondering if I can somehow manage to soft reset for nature/IV. Delta episode's finale is horribly long for trying to reset either pokemon. Also, a bit off topic, but has there been any confirmation as to whether legendary pokemon can be shiny in these versions and if not, could I mega-evolve a Nobunaga's Rayquaza by teaching it Dragon's Ascent (is there even a tutor for that outside the delta episode?)?

Deoxys will appear atop Sky Pillar if you KO it.

Mirage Spot Legends can be shiny and Lati@s can be shiny (gift or Eon Ticket), no concrete evidence with in-battle screens for the Regis, Weather Titans or Deoxys.

So long as you teach it Dragon's Ascent from Zinnia's grandmother after you complete the Delta Episode, you can Mega Evolve any Rayquaza you want.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught

As for there being multiples of Mega Stones - yes, there would have to be. If for no other reason than the Lucario vs. Lucario battle from XY, but there's also the moment when Serena/Calem gives you an Absolite in the post-game despite Mega Absol being their signature Pokémon.
Further support is your rivals Dialogue were they give you Absolite they specifically say they have two. This basically removes any limits on the number of mega stones.

I can't remember where I heard the theory but some one suggested that the mega stones might resonate with the first Pokemon to find them. (This does have a few holes however particularly related to Mewtwo. In the case of Mewtwo perhaps both of its mega stones were in fact experimental developments by those that produced Mewtwo synchronizing their creation to the stones... doesn't explain why they are in Hoenn though.)

Another theory suggested that mega stones are basically part of the Deoxys Virus that bonds to another creature temporarily which both would owe their existence to the ultimate weapon. This is interesting though it does have a notable flaw in that Deoxys exists in the non mega timeline...

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

Unlike Rayquaza, who HAS to be captured and thus has no need to be there after the episode is over, Deoxys reappears on top of the Sky Pillar if it was defeated by accident.

I creamed it with a single Dragon Ascent and now I have lost my chance to listen to the track in-game.

Mirage Spot Legends can be shiny and Lati@s can be shiny (gift or Eon Ticket), no concrete evidence with in-battle screens for the Regis, Weather Titans or Deoxys.

So long as you teach it Dragon's Ascent from Zinnia's grandmother after you complete the Delta Episode, you can Mega Evolve any Rayquaza you want.

Thank you very much for the information, this will be very helpful for resetting a near-flawless Deoxys. Just wish Rayquaza was a bit easier to SR for :S

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught

Actually there is video proof of shiny Regice I think its this link. If Regice is legal it should be safe to assume the rest of the trio is legal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU0Cnyd_qNE
It appears now that the only legends that have not been confirmed as being able to get shiny are Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza and Deoxys. Its generally assumed they are shiny locked now though some people are still trying with a slim glimmer of hope

Last edited:

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
Related to the timeline stuff:

When you run into Tate & Liza at the Department Store, their guardian says this.

I'm a staff member at the Mossdeep Space Center. We're looking for the key to unlock space travel for the human race.

Now, in FRLG, there's a gentleman who explicitly states that humans landed on the moon at the same date that humans do in real life. But FRLG is from the timeline where their tech isn't as advanced?

Scarlet Tactician

Lazy, But Here

When you run into Tate & Liza at the Department Store, their guardian says this.

Now, in FRLG, there's a gentleman who explicitly states that humans landed on the moon at the same date that humans do in real life. But FRLG is from the timeline where their tech isn't as advanced?
I was under the impression Zinnia only mentioned Hoenn as being less advanced.

Or maybe he meant humans going into space without the aid of rockets or spacesuits.

Or maybe the line in FR/LG is an odd leftover from when Pokémon tried to be closer to the real world, like how Lt. Surge is the "Lightning American," not the "Lightning Unovan."

nameman

That line means
They're trying to make it so that humans as a whole can go to space instead of a few at a time.

MetalKing1417

Legend Seeker
Actually there is video proof of shiny Regice I think its this link. If Regice is legal it should be safe to assume the rest of the trio is legal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU0Cnyd_qNE
It appears now that the only legends that have not been confirmed as being able to get shiny are Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza and Deoxys. Its generally assumed they are shiny locked now though some people are still trying with a slim glimmer of hope
You mean me soft resetting over a period of a few days in front of rayquazza with a shiny charm to get one may well have been pointless?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.