• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Delta Episode Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mia197

I may be wrong, since nothing has been confirmed nor denied, but I dont consider the anime as part of this alternate line, if it was even there.

I consider the anime, manga and games as being quite different universes. They have different vibes, mechanics that dont match, and different characters, who never interact, have different storylines and personalities.

ps: sorry, I made a mistake, I thought that the calculations of 83 universes had included the anime and manga.

Last edited:

baconrules

Ostrich master
So deoxys killed my rayquaza in one stinking hit. That was not cool. I ended up killing it in 2 hits with my level 53 gallade. Not even mega GALLADE, just standard gallade

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I may be wrong, since nothing has been confirmed nor denied, but I dont consider the anime as part of this alternate line, if it was even there.

I consider the anime, manga and games as being quite different universes. They have different vibes, mechanics that dont match, and different characters, who never interact, have different storylines and personalities.

ps: sorry, I made a mistake, I thought that the calculations of 83 universes had included the anime and manga.

Which still drives my point home: the anime and games are canon, just in seperate universes to one another

The Delta Episode is overinflated and doesnt serve as an aftergame. So now twice they have given us no aftergame, ridiculous.

NotABeginningTrainer

Sure, DE doesn't lead to much replayability, but it was probably the best post-game plot we've ever seen. Would I have loved the battle frontier? Sure. But I'm not even sure I would trade delta episode for it.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Toshinobu Matsumiya has been one of the Scenario writers for the main series Pokemon games.
That post is technically an official confirmation of the timeline (at that time). But that's all there is to it. Just the timeline.

"Technically" official, yes, insofar as it is the only [informal] word that we have on the subject from anybody involved in the production.

Twitter, Facebook, Blogs and Sites are sources of information. Its media, advertising medium and form of dialogue with the fans. There is no more today, a platform importance scale. Just because something is published in a magazine, isnt less important than something published on a website or vice versa. And what we have to take into account is that Toshinobu Matsumiya is one of the representatives of the franchise, and what he publishes related to Pokemon has importance.

It's a different context if I or you had published the same subject in our facebooks, no one would take into account, and in the end of the day it would be taken as a rumor, because we did not took part in the game development process.

So, being Toshinobu Matsumiya one of the representatives the Pokemon, and he did a tweet explaining the timeline, is official. Unless they deny it, what has not been done so far. Also, I hate this timeline, for reasons thats no need to explain here, but that's it. In any case, it would be interesting in some interview someone confirm such information, taking into account that the tweet was deleted.

No, that isn't how it works. Just because it comes from an employee does not make it official. An official announcement doesn't get posted on a relatively obscure employee's Twitter, which only 1000 some-odd people out of the hundreds of millions of Pokémon consumers are subscribed to. An official announcement isn't made unintelligible to half of those consumers by way of being posted half in Japanese and half in English, using fandom abbreviations for the game titles, no less. An official announcement isn't deleted a week or two later and not archived. If you can look at the Eon Ticket distribution announcement on the front page of their official website, and then look at that tweet and tell me that those are even close to being the same thing, then I plain and simply do not know what to tell you.

But the reason I stated the timeline is that some people posted that every game is a different universe like Final Fantasy, or ORAS and XY are a universe, and the previous games are another universe, and this is not true. The timeline not necessarily negate the alternate universe. ORAS, and only ORAS, may be a alternate universe in another dimension, but not X/Y we play, are in the same universe as Kanto, Sinnoh, Unova, and Hoenn Ruby / Sapphire. But considering that ORAS are remakes, it is likely that the events of the game are the same as the old, but more detailed. This, obviously, following timeline logic.

No, we know that XY are a part of ORAS's universe because ORAS states very clearly that the other universe never saw the Kalosian war or the emergence of Mega Evolution. XY did, so logically they would share a universe with ORAS. Never mind that the Delta Episode repeatedly links the lore and history of Hoenn to the story of XY (Infinity Energy, talk of the war, references to the "tall man" from Kalos, etc.).

Not counting unmentioned continuities and canons, I believe there are 83 timelines

Now, see, *this* is taking the concept too far.

BurningWhiteKyurem

The whole Mega-Evolution/Primal Reversion bit is what the entire story hinges on. >.<

Mega-Evolution is what sets the villains on the path to awaken Kyogre/Groudon in the first place. This is why they go after the orb on Mount Pyre. This is why they steal the friggin sub. It is how they friggin awake the beast. And it is why they lose control over it.

Honestly, it was an improvement over their vague reasoning in the original game. In ORAS they show the whole legend instead of alluding to it via the cave paintings/murals, and they do it in a way that sets up the Delta Episode perfectly.

In no way is it an improvement over the original. If anything, Primal Reversion comes across as unnecessary and redundant, as it pertains to the plot. In the old games, all it took was a red/blue orb to awaken Groudon/Kyogre, and all the purpose that was really needed was wanting the world to be 100% Land or Water. While stupid and a rather extreme position to take, it does make some sense considering the whole idea behind their goals was how people (including themselves) were becoming inconsiderate in regards to the environment. It's a simple and effective message that works quite well and does not need the superfluous and ultimately inconsequential stuff that we have in ORAS.

The Delta Episode, while not as long as I had hoped, is the best aftergame Pokemon has had.

That's pretty debatable at best, considering Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, and Black 2/White 2 come to mind as having superior post-game content.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
how could you dislike the Delta Episode? it combines all the action of reading a book with the excitement of revisiting places you've already been to

it's like The Order: 1886, only as a JRPG instead of a movie

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I think the main issue with fans regarding XY and ORAS is that, while the games actually do have post-game content (such as the Looker Sidequest and Mega Stone hunting in XY; Delta Episode and Legendary hunting in ORAS), the things we're given aren't long-term.

DPPt had it's own Frontier and the Battleground for rematches. We're satisfied about the post-game.
HGSS got the DPPt Frontier, but at least we had Gym Leader rematches.

Then Gen 5 was released. Sadly, BW didn't have the Frontier, but they gave us the Subway. Fans were disappointed because it's just a restructured Battle Tower.
But B2W2 came and gave us White Tree Hollow/Black Tower and the PWT. Fans were happy.

Gen 6 was released. XY gave us the Battle Maison, but it's just another Tower Clone. Chateau exists, but poorly implemented the rematches. Fans aren't happy.
ORAS gave us a copy-paste Maison and a troll-teased Frontier. Match Call didn't have Gym Leader rematches but E4 have rematch teams. Fans are not impressed.

Pokemon Contests, Pokeathlon, Musicals (meh), PokeStar Studios, and Secret Bases are long-term features. But majority consider battle facilities as the main aspect of post-game content.

Another factor which I think contributes to disappointment in Gen 6 are post-game areas.
- DPPt has the Battle Zone to explore
- HGSS has the whole Kanto region and the western extension of Johto
- BW has eastern Unova (between Opelucid to Nimbasa)
- B2W2 has southeast Unova (Skyarrow Bridge to Route 18), northwest Unova (Twist Mountain to Tubeline Bridge), east Unova (Marvelous Bridge to Undella)

- XY only has Kiloude
- ORAS has the Battle Resort

Regardless, Delta Episode is still considered the best post-game plot by many. it just didn't contribute much to fans' expectations in regards to post-game content.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Regardless, Delta Episode is still considered the best post-game plot by many. it just didn't contribute much to fans' expectations in regards to post-game content.

No need to sugarcoat it, people are just salty and can't get over the lack of Battle Frontier. Because unless you're a feature with long term use you can't possibly be considered high quality post game content.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I was actually happy to be able to get a Deoxys WITHOUT having to use Mystery Gift or going to a specific store in a limited period of time.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
The Delta Episode, while not as long as I had hoped, is the best aftergame Pokemon has had.

Not to me it wasn't. Sure it had Deoxys but I would rather have the battle in sootpolis City with the two primals than going up into space. Not to mention all other stuff from Emerald have not been included like the Battle Frontier, the Delta Episode did not make up for it or the mass legendary pokemon encounters. I consider these games mediocre and only playable so the national dex can be filled up. It is not the best aftergame the Pokemon has had. I am very disappointed at how these games got made.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
In my opinion, the Delta Episode was a great idea. I'd take a unique story over the Battle Frontier any day. It may not last as long, but it is so much more valuable.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
No need to sugarcoat it, people are just salty and can't get over the lack of Battle Frontier. Because unless you're a feature with long term use you can't possibly be considered high quality post game content.

why do people come to expect replayability in a game series where those kinds of features have become a popular mainstay, and for many people, a major reason to purchase the game in the first place, anyway?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I enjoy having the Mirage Spots and getting all the different Pokemon in each area. I also rather like the effect the different non-Hoenn Legendaries have when you face them in the Wild. Seeing them fall out rings is a pretty cool effect. Too bad we can't use that effect in Trainer battles.

skyradiant

To Each Future
In my opinion, the Delta Episode was a great idea. I'd take a unique story over the Battle Frontier any day. It may not last as long, but it is so much more valuable.
I'm in huge agreement with you on this one. I never really cared about the Battle Frontier that much to begin with, but I loved the Delta Episode. I hope future Pokémon games continue to have post-game stories like it.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I think the main issue with fans regarding XY and ORAS is that, while the games actually do have post-game content (such as the Looker Sidequest and Mega Stone hunting in XY; Delta Episode and Legendary hunting in ORAS), the things we're given aren't long-term.

This is sort of how I feel, but only in regards to ORAS tbh. The post-game isn't long term, and I've already been to the region before. I'm not bothered by it so much in XY because Kalos was all fresh ground, and it came with great new improvements and innovations. It left a stronger impression on me in a-lot of ways apart from post-game, basically.

I liked the Delta Episode well enough, but after clearing it...There's just not as much keeping me interested as far as replaying goes. And some stuff I can just play with on X, like the Maison, Online battles, Inver's place, the restaurants, etc.

Doesn't help that they spoiled the most exciting part of the Delta Episode in all of their trailers, so part of my hype for that was actually diminished when I played it for myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.