• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Delta Episode Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JW1004

If they had done the Delta Episode like it is now, maybe have been more extended by needing to use the eonflute to recover one of the meteorshards instead of two already known places.

I think if they had balanced it, they could have been the post-game much more longterm than it is now
01. After catching Kyogre/Groudon - Eon Flute, but only to visit mirage islands to catch 'normal' Pokémon
02. After beating E4 first time - Delta Episode
03. After finishing Delta Episode - Battle Resort
04. After beating E4 2nd time - Unlocking portals with legendaries

It atleast pushes you to complete one task and work towards an other, instead of getting thrown everything at you in a small amount of time. I feel they really missed a chance by unlocking all those legendaries as soon as you get the eonflute.
I think they could have made it all a bit more interesting. The requirements to unlock certain legendaries were too easy and minimal and not challenging at all.
It's like you get thrown too much stuff towards you, while they easily could have spread it and could have expanded the postgame with it.

I really enjoy the Delta Episode though, I just wish they would have added one or two new islands to discover during it. Maybe one with a sort of tribe-esque woodtown with certain hard to get items in the pokemart and a friend safari, where you have to find a meteorshard, and the island only being reachable with Latios/Latias or something around those lines.

BurningWhiteKyurem

No need to sugarcoat it, people are just salty and can't get over the lack of Battle Frontier. Because unless you're a feature with long term use you can't possibly be considered high quality post game content.

It has nothing to do with being salty about the Battle Frontier at all. It has everything to do with Delta Episode being lackluster in its execution. All it is, is akin to fetch quest, the inhabitants that you talk to are largely irrelevant, and you're basically just following steps fetching back plot coupons so that you can get to the Sky Pillar/Deoxys scene. I'd be more open to post-game story if it was actually done decently. And then there's the issue of it trying to be rather close to Emerald, which makes me wonder, why even bother doing something different if Delta Episode basically apologizes for ORAS?

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
It has nothing to do with being salty about the Battle Frontier at all. It has everything to do with Delta Episode being lackluster in its execution. All it is, is akin to fetch quest, the inhabitants that you talk to are largely irrelevant, and you're basically just following steps fetching back plot coupons so that you can get to the Sky Pillar/Deoxys scene. I'd be more open to post-game story if it was actually done decently. And then there's the issue of it trying to be rather close to Emerald, which makes me wonder, why even bother doing something different if Delta Emerald basically apologizes for ORAS?

You'd be surprised. And whether or not it was poorly executed or weak post-game content is pretty subjective, I don't understand why people keep pushing the opinion that it was bad. You don't like it, I understand that, but people aren't wrong for thinking it was fantastic. I go with the opinion that HG/SS had unspectacular postgame since Kanto was almost barren but people just as easily can argue that the gym rematches, Pokeathlon and recycled Frontier were plenty good. That's fine, I have a different opinion, I won't say they're wrong for liking a game I thought were weak remakes (likewise I won't/can't say you're wrong for saying ORAS are weak remakes even though I think they're the best thus far). Same logic applies with Delta Episode, tons of people loved the Delta Episode. There's nothing wrong with letting people maintain the opinion that it was great post-game content. They're not wrong, just like the opinion that it was weak isn't wrong.

I'm not a fan of the battle facilities, anyway. When I first heard about the Battle Tower in Crystal, I was immediately put off by the rumor that the opponents all used International VGC-quality teams built by world-champion players--a level of competitiveness that I was not at all interested in trying to match myself up against. I realize now that that rumor was not entirely accurate, but the dislike of those facilities has stuck with me ever since. The ORAS Maison is the deepest I've ever really dug into such a facility, and that's only because the BP needed for the move tutors is half as expensive as it was in HGSS, and twice as easy to grind for.

That being said, I honestly thought that the Delta Episode was well done, but Zinnia could've been made a lot more relatable, and her backstory could've been a lot more fleshed-out. All she has going for her is that she's incredibly attractive, but then she's as ape-poo crazy as a Vigoroth and as tragically emo as a Darkrai. She's so unlikable, it hurts! D: At least Mega Evolution's backstory and its connection to ancient Hoenn were really well written, altho it hardly makes up for Zinnia being such a bombshell yet so bat-guano crazy. I didn't mind the Player x Rival shipping, either; I always figured Brendan and May had the heart-eyes for one another.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
do the people who liked the Delta Episode have any experience with walking sims done correctly? as in, walking sims that understand how to properly involve the player in whatever their plot is as opposed to just shuffling them through a bigass yellow tower?

Flamer

I really enjoy the Delta Episode though, I just wish they would have added one or two new islands to discover during it. Maybe one with a sort of tribe-esque woodtown with certain hard to get items in the pokemart and a friend safari, where you have to find a meteorshard, and the island only being reachable with Latios/Latias or something around those lines.

Agree with this. I really enjoyed the Delta Episode story wise, but the fact that most of the tasks involved re-visiting areas you'd already been to was a bit of a let down. Especially as most of the time you were given very explicit instructions on where to go and what to do. Not much in the way of exploration

I really enjoyed it, much better that X & Y's after game. Of course I still wish it was longer, we've all been spoiled by the HG/SS games I think.

BurningWhiteKyurem

You'd be surprised. And whether or not it was poorly executed or weak post-game content is pretty subjective, I don't understand why people keep pushing the opinion that it was bad. You don't like it, I understand that, but people aren't wrong for thinking it was fantastic. I go with the opinion that HG/SS had unspectacular postgame since Kanto was almost barren but people just as easily can argue that the gym rematches, Pokeathlon and recycled Frontier were plenty good. That's fine, I have a different opinion, I won't say they're wrong for liking a game I thought were weak remakes (likewise I won't/can't say you're wrong for saying ORAS are weak remakes even though I think they're the best thus far). Same logic applies with Delta Episode, tons of people loved the Delta Episode. There's nothing wrong with letting people maintain the opinion that it was great post-game content. They're not wrong, just like the opinion that it was weak isn't wrong.

Actually you can break it down into two ways. You can decide whether you liked it or not, and of course that's subjective, but that doesn't entirely negate issues centered around the design.

I really enjoyed it, much better that X & Y's after game. Of course I still wish it was longer, we've all been spoiled by the HG/SS games I think.

I wouldn't really say spoiled. If you give someone the best they can get, they're only going to want more. HGSS's postgame really was fantastic, but the onus is on GameFreak to keep expanding, and top what they've already done. And seeing how the attitude at the moment is "we're afraid people are going to miss content, so we're not going to develop more content in the postgame", it's quite a shame.

Icarus Frond

Pokemon Wizard
I didn't really enjoy how Delta Episode basically involved revisiting old places and fighting rather uninspiring battles. It added a rich dimension of lore, but that was about it as well. I only really enjoyed the part where Rayquaza showed up (well, you don't say! :O) but that was really about it.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Actually you can break it down into two ways. You can decide whether you liked it or not, and of course that's subjective, but that doesn't entirely negate issues centered around the design.

Whether or not they were actually design issues as opposed to personal gripes is still rather subjective and debatable, though. The same could be applied for other games too. I still say HG/SS were incredibly underwhelming in many regards despite being very pretty games with great music, but whether or not say, the god-awful level pacing throughout (including in the post-game), was actually a design flaw is most definitely debatable.

Would it have been cool to have new places added in the mix for Delta Episode? Sure, but I'm not going to sit here judging things so heavily based on what isn't there or should've been there because then at that point I won't end up liking anything. Much like I'm not going to sit here complaining about the lack of something like Battle Frontier (or even a proper challenge mode/new areas) "ruining" the games despite it being something I was really hoping for since Day 1.

Ballzeh

The Delta Episode was a real surprise to me ! Even if it was a bit short, it was very pleasant to play and it was very different of what i remembered on Pokemon's aftergame so far ! Getting further into the lore was so cool and the crossover (well, i hope it is) with AZ from X/Y was good, i mean, Aster-Zinnia (AZ) and all the theories i was able to find on the internet :p

The Delta Episode is absolutely the most pathetic excuse for an after game ever. How long does it take? 1-2 hours tops. Nothing interesting happens that would have been in any other pokemon metagame. And Then we get to the real kicker, there is no aftergame outside of the delta episode in OrAs. Which is infuriating becuase Gamefreak has done it twice now. They bothered to remake the Battle! Frontier Brain theme, bur cant be bothered for a little fanservice in the form of Battle Frontier DLC. It is ridiculous and im glad i cant afford a 3ds or a 6th gen game because now it would feel like a waste. Thank you and have a nice day.

Autobot N

The Delta Episode is absolutely the most pathetic excuse for an after game ever. How long does it take? 1-2 hours tops. Nothing interesting happens that would have been in any other Pokemon meta game. And Then we get to the real kicker, there is no after game outside of the delta episode in ORAS. Which is infuriating because Game freak has done it twice now. They bothered to remake the Battle! Frontier Brain theme, bur cant be bothered for a little fan service in the form of Battle Frontier DLC. It is ridiculous and I'm glad i cant afford a 3DS or a 6th gen game because now it would feel like a waste. Thank you and have a nice day.

Game Freak doesn't make games just to please pessimists like you. They make them to please the general public. And I am sick and tired of all these people whining about there being no Battle Frontier. Boo Hoo. Just because a glorified facility isn't in the game doesn't mean it sucks.

By the way, they use the Frontier Brain music for the Battle Chantelains.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The Delta Episode is absolutely the most pathetic excuse for an after game ever. How long does it take? 1-2 hours tops. Nothing interesting happens that would have been in any other pokemon metagame. And Then we get to the real kicker, there is no aftergame outside of the delta episode in OrAs. Which is infuriating becuase Gamefreak has done it twice now. They bothered to remake the Battle! Frontier Brain theme, bur cant be bothered for a little fanservice in the form of Battle Frontier DLC. It is ridiculous and im glad i cant afford a 3ds or a 6th gen game because now it would feel like a waste. Thank you and have a nice day.

Sorry that Gamefreak didn't directly apologize to you, but I'm sure even if they wanted to they couldn't break past your shield of entitlement and whining.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

So an asteroid coming to Earth to destroy everything, parallel universes, and a climatic battle between Mega Rayquaza and Deoxys isn't interesting to you?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan

I agree that the Delta Episode was short and that they should have included the battle frontier. These games were a disappointment, HGSS prove to be better in comparison. Sticking a mythical pokemon in the game does make up for the lack of Emerald elements that hey could put in if they made the effort. The parallel universes theory is ridiculous and makes the games complicated. Deoxys wasn't even suppose to be there, Rayquaza was suppose to take on Groudon and Kyogre. No gym leader rematches didn't help either as X/Y had some form of gym leader rematches but they decided to not have it in ORAS. And they stuck too much legends and starters in the games, it would make the next game(s) less likely to be brought as you can finish the national dex with the current games. Zinnia was annoying and unnecessary character, I find it hard to believe that someone like her can just summon a legend like Rayquaza as it doesn't make sense. These games have proven to be mediocre and are only useful in completing national dex. What would be the point in new 6 gen games if the current four allows you to finish pokedex? Nothing that's what.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I agree that the Delta Episode was short and that they should have included the battle frontier. These games were a disappointment, HGSS prove to be better in comparison. Sticking a mythical pokemon in the game does make up for the lack of Emerald elements that hey could put in if they made the effort. The parallel universes theory is ridiculous and makes the games complicated. Deoxys wasn't even suppose to be there, Rayquaza was suppose to take on Groudon and Kyogre. No gym leader rematches didn't help either as X/Y had some form of gym leader rematches but they decided to not have it in ORAS. And they stuck too much legends and starters in the games, it would make the next game(s) less likely to be brought as you can finish the national dex with the current games. Zinnia was annoying and unnecessary character, I find it hard to believe that someone like her can just summon a legend like Rayquaza as it doesn't make sense. These games have proven to be mediocre and are only useful in completing national dex. What would be the point in new 6 gen games if the current four allows you to finish pokedex? Nothing that's what.

Newsflash: Pokemon isn't just about completing the Pokedex.

Some people play games just to enjoy the scenery, the whimsical characters, and maybe even try out Pokemon they never used before.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
they should have included the battle frontier.
battle frontier.

Okay, I'm sorry but can we...stop doing this? I'm speaking for more than myself when I say I've noticed you post some variation of this every time this discussion comes up. I get it, you wish Battle Frontier was in ORAS (so do I and many others) but we really do not need to hear this exact same thing the moment anyone agrees with your opinion that Delta Episode was a poor substitute for Emerald. Like there's nothing wrong discussing why you didn't like it (we all know this well enough by now), but repeating the exact same thing over and over is just not contributing anything worthwhile for you or anyone else here.

BCVM22

As always, that you were not consulted and every detail tailored to your precise demands does not make for a "mediocre game", and some of your "demands" border on pointless and inane and read more like disappointment that they didn't follow some sort of fanfiction script that you had already written up. The sooner you realize this the better off we'll all be.

Status
Not open for further replies.