• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Demon Detective Agency: The Orichalcum [R: Language, Intense Violence]

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
Demon Detective Agency:
The Orichalcum

Ancient Times

Lucifer, the Devil. He is the personification of the evilest of evil. He only wants the suffering of mankind but, why? Lucifer was once an angel in heaven and had everything he wanted, however he became greedy and envious of God and his power over humans. Lucifer planned to overthrow God and created an army 1/3 the size of heaven. Lucifer commenced his mutiny and attack God. The battle wasn’t long since Lucifer underestimated the power of God and was overpowered by God. God, angered by Lucifer’s attempt to overthrow him banished him and his followers to Hell to suffer for their rebellion.
Medieval Times

Lucifer began to hate God and the humans. He began sending his minions, known collectively as Lucifer’s Horde, on earth to wreck havoc. God had tried to defend the humans against the Horde however Lucifer’s forces proved too strong. The result of this loss in balance was the Black Plague. After the Black Plague, God sent a holy message to the pope of that time, Pope Clement VI, to create an agency of people blessed with the powers of God to help destroy the demons. The organization was created with cardinals of that time and some commoners who were blessed with super human powers by god to take down the demons. After the organization was successful in eradicating the demons causing the plague, the Pope sealed Lucifer in Hell. Lucifer was put into an indefinite slumber. Demons however still remained on earth and continued to travel from Hell to Earth in an attempt to find The Orichalcum to reawaken their master. So, the Demon Detective Agency was formed to take care of Lucifer’s Horde for the rest of time.
Modern Day

The Demon Detective Agency, better known as the DDA, is a secret police force specializing in the destruction of demons in the mortal world. The DDA is comprised of humans gifted with special powers to destroy demons. Now these humans may have different motives on why they are their such as they simply want to rid the world of evil or they have a debt to pay. People are enlisted in the DDA from scouts who go across the world for worthy recruits for this dangerous task. Sister Bardeux, the current head of the DDA, screens these recruits herself and decides whether or not they are worthy of a DDA badge. Though the DDA has had a religious foundation, over the years the DDA became much more secular. DDA became secular in the sense that it started investigating supernatural events unrelated to Lucifer’s Horde.

The DDA has secret hideouts throughout the world in a different dimension between life and death. The HQ of DDA, however, can only be entered through Stonehenge and opening the interdimensional gate to the building. All other hideouts are able to be accessed anywhere in that hideout’s country. Each hideout is outfitted with the most recent technology, modern and supernatural. The DDA HQ also serves as a sort of "Fort Knox" for supernatural items confiscated or archived over the years. One of those items is The Orichalcum. The DDA has had the book ever since Lucifer was banished to Hell and has kept a tight lock on it ever since because the demons want to use it to awaken their Lord, Lucifer. It is the main attraction of the library at the HQ at Stonehenge however, one night it had simply vanished. The security cameras did have a discrepancy in time signatures but nothing has really come up. The DDA has come to the conclusion that Lucifer's horde has not found The Orichalcum because they are still trying to organize thefts into the building that are continuously thwarted. The good thing is, since the horde thinks it's in the HQ, the DDA has all the time in the world to figure out where it is unless Lucifer’s Horde figures out that The Orichalcum is missing.

The DDA Manual

Introduction

The Demon Detective Agency (DDA) is a supernatural police agency dedicated to the destruction of Lucifer's horde and the protection of human civilization. Each Demon Detective Agency member is given a badge and uniform and is expected to uphold it with the honor that a DDA badge deserves. Also, every new member is given a weapon which compliments or amplifies their powers. Every member is randomly selected a partner to work with on their cases. There are certain rules a DDA member must adhere to.

1. Protect Humans at all cost
2. Report everything to Sister Bardeux.
3. Do not dishonor the DDA in anyway while in uniform.
4. Do not attack another DDA member unless given an irrefutable reason
5. Do not kill a human.

As said before, every DDA member is given a uniform. This uniform must be worn at all times while on the job. For men, it is a standard suit (jacket is optional) with standard dress shoes. For women, it is a white collared shirt with a tie and a skirt with your choice of black foot wear. The uniform also consists of a pin in the shape of a cross one must wear on their person.

Demon Mini Book

Lucifer's Horde is the spawn of the devil and the purest example of corruption, violence and pure evil. There are three main forms of demons from the Horde you should be aware of.

Demons - The weakest of Lucifer's Horde, these beings possess humans to wreck havoc in the mortal world. Usually are small isolated incidents. They are usually humanoid in appearance but, are clearly demons. They are intelligent beings. If human is possessed by a Demon, you have to kill the human and the rule doesn't apply anymore. Demons, if strong enough can leave the human host, killing the human in the process and attack out of the human body.

Spawn - Formidable opponents, they come in all sorts of different shapes and sizes. They are usually non humanoid looking but this category of demons is the most diverse. Can be culprits of small isolated incidents but, are also culprits of larger, more paranormal incidents. They are more intelligent than Demons. Kills a person to possess and almost always leaves human host to attack DDA agents

Devils - The strongest of the Horde, only a handful exist. They have the ability to appear human without possessing a human. They are usually the culprits of natural disasters, genocide or a manmade disaster. When in Devil form, the grow horns a tail and wings. Their skin becomes either a deep red, pale blue, pale green, pale pink or a deep gray. Their eyes become cat like and yellow. Extreme caution is advised.
Supernatural Entities

Ghosts – Ghosts are usually spirits that have unfinished business in the real world. These ghosts, if unable to fulfill their duty, haunt areas. If not quickly dealt with they can turn into a poltergeist.

Poltergeists – Angry spirits who have spent too much time in the real world as ghosts. These entities are extremely strong and vengeful. Poltergeists are extremely hard to deal with because of their ability to possess living things, much like a demon.

Fallen Angels – These entities are extremely dangerous almost as strong as Devils. Fallen Angels are beings banished from heaven for tarnishing the name of an angel. Fallen Angels are powered by the rage they feel from being abandoned by god. Fallen Angels don’t have halos and are able to hide their formerly magnificent wings which have lost their luminescence. Fallen Angels are the last stage before fully turning into one of Lucifer's Horde. If allowed to wreck havoc, they can turn into devils. So swift action is advised when dealing with Fallen Angels. These entities are able to control one of the four natural elements, fire, air, earth and water to cause havoc and wreck the world. In rare cases, they are able to use two elements in tandem. Finally, the fire, air, water or earth they control all have a dark purple color to them.

Mythical Beasts – Since the discovery of Mythical Beasts is relatively new, not much is known about these creatures or whether or not they are affiliated with Lucifer’s Horde. Current animals in custody at the Library at the DDA are Bigfoot, the Yeti and multiple Griffins. (Mythical Beast are the same as real life mythical beast and follow their folklore of the real world.)

Missions

Missions will be distributed by Sister Bardeux (played by me) and must be followed by all teams. Failure to follow missions can lead to repercussions and, if severe enough, expulsion from the DDA (but not the RPG). The main mission at the moment is to find the Orichalcum however, if there are no leads to find the Orichalcum, other missions will be distributed in the mean time.

Sister Bardeux thanks you for joining the DDA and hopes you can help protect the world from Lucifer’s Horde and other threats against humanity. Below you will find the Application/ Recruitment form.

Application

Name:
Powers: (Don’t be ridiculous here, three powers is too much.)
Appearance: (5-8 Lines minimum, only physical appearance and a quick description of your DDA outfit if you made any variations for your character)
Personality: (5-8 Lines minimum. Some Important personality traits to take note of, how do you work with others? Do you tend to follow rules? Elaborate on your character psyche.)
History: (6-12 lines Minimum. What was your life prior to joining the DDA? How did you end up at the DDA? By scout? By accident? By family lineage? )
Accepted Recruits
(Team names have nothing to do with importance or the characters)

Team Alpha

Team Theta

Team Omicron

Team Sigma

Team Omega

Accepted Characters

1. Karl Goldsmith - CuriousHeartless

Reservations

1. Requiem's Eclipse
2. PokeLegend

Pending

Last edited:

CuriousHeartless

Interesting. My only comments are a few bits of flavor problems (Demons are fallen angels, but it really doesn't matter much). It mentions non-human recruits, so can we sign up as non-human recruits or just as humans. The lack of a species/race spot on the Sign-Up thing doesn't help.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
Oh sorry about that I posted it really late last night and I didn't think some things through. I also had different species available but decided to edit that out. I apologize for the confusion.

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
Awesome; although, did you know angels don't actually have halos? Aureoles were actually originally Egyptian. Also, if you believe in that account of Satan's renegade behavior (if that is taken by everyone, even hypothetically the people who don't believe it, to be true), I personally believe it was likely because of a difference in values; they had perfect understanding, but the devil felt everyone should just go straight to hell (that he'd give everyone what they deserve if he was God), whilst God felt what was just was to give everyone what they didn't deserve.

Last edited:

CuriousHeartless

Can I get a reserve? I've already started, but I want to go ahead and grab a spot. And PokeLegend, I actually didn't know some of that. This whole thing kind of reminds me of a mixture of D. Gray-Man and Shin Megami Tensei though.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
I made Angels have halos for a little camp. I like a little tongue and cheek things like that. Also, PokeLegend, though I definitely like your take, I don't believe that would cause god to banish Lucifer to Hell. In that scenario, I feel like God would simply send him there to rule over hell. Yes, there is a difference of opinions but, for the sake of this RPG I feel like there needs to be more resentment and hatred toward God and humans so, I think the renegade Lucifer is more appropriate for this RPG.

CuriousHeartless - Your spot is reserved. I did use D. Gray Man as a huge inspiration for it but, I never played Shin Megami Tensei.

CuriousHeartless

Yeah, I started watching D. Gray-Man so the similarities seemed obvious but not overdone. It seems like not many people pay Shin Megami Tensei so I saw small similarities but didn't expect it to be an actual inspiration. The history is kind of boring and lackluster, but it fits the limits and at least is cohesive. So, here's my SU.

Name: Karl Goldsmith
Weapon: Kazami, a Japanese Naginata. It is rather long, but Karl specializes in long weapons like this. The name means Weathervane in Japanese.
Powers: He can channel wind powers. He typically uses the swings of Kazami to create blades of air that fly out and cut things, but he can also use the basic martial arts forms his grandfather taught him as a weaker channel. When he gets worked up or angry, he tends to summon winds that get stronger the more emotional he gets.

Appearance: Karl is on the tall and lanky side. He has thin but muscular limbs and little body fat. He stands really tall, near 6'6" and has thick hair which adds another three inches. His hair is a whitish blonde, curls slightly and, despite being cut often, grows thick and quick. He keeps his hair combed back as best he can. He wears the standard suit and black dress shoes of the uniform along with the jacket because he likes the way it feels. He has a small pin of his family's symbol, a golden eagle, pinned underneath the Cross pin. There is a small rip on the shoulder of his suit, but he keeps it covered by the jacket and keeps forgetting to have it repaired. In off-time, he trades the clothing for leff-fancy, and expensive, replicas and keeps the Cross pin in his bag instead of on the clothes.

Personality: Karl loves helping people, inspired by the work of his parents and their coworkers. He has some troubles paying attention if anyone is in trouble and always tries to help them. Karl works well with others and would willingly give his live to save allies or civilians, though he would prefer trying to save others before just sacrificing himself. Being raised with the rules of the DDA read to him often, he has memorized them and follows them as best he can even off duty. He sees the safety of civilians as a top priority, always preferring to start fights with demons by clearing innocents out of the area before rushing into the fight. In battles, he keeps his distance and keeps an eye on the whole area, fighting with his wind mostly and using the Naginata as a weapon only when close-range is necessary. While off-duty and peaceful, he tends to daydream, write, and eat. Karl carries around various treats in his pockets that he eats every now and then and also uses to calm children when they are caught near an attack.

History: Karl is descended from a long line of DDA members on both sides. His parents were assigned as teammates and ended up getting married and having Karl. To keep him safe, he with his father's parent, ex-members who had retired. He had a mostly normal life, seeing his parent occasionally enough to keep up good relations with them since they were not always on assignment. He exceled in school, but was always a daydreamer and never made many friends or impressions on anyone. His grandfather trained him in various weapons while he was growing up, but Karl always exceled most with longer weapons like staffs. Karl had his powers since he was little, but could only summon small breezes until he started going through puberty. His powers started going crazy along with his hormones and he was temporarily taken out of school and homeschooled by his grandparents. He had inherited his wind powers from his father and down from his grandfather so it was easy, though Karl did have some trouble until he started using weapons as channels for his powers. His grandfather also taught him basic forms and moves of karate, not enough to beat even a young pupil purely from skill but enough to act as an energy channel when Karl doesn't have a weapon.

Other than the connection to the DDA and year of homeschooling, he lived a mostly normal life. When he turned 18, he started official training to become a DDA member. He recently graduated from training and was given the Kazami by his parents who had picked it up on a trip to Japan.

Last edited:

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
I made Angels have halos for a little camp. I like a little tongue and cheek things like that. Also, PokeLegend, though I definitely like your take, I don't believe that would cause god to banish Lucifer to Hell. In that scenario, I feel like God would simply send him there to rule over hell. Yes, there is a difference of opinions but, for the sake of this RPG I feel like there needs to be more resentment and hatred toward God and humans so, I think the renegade Lucifer is more appropriate for this RPG.

CuriousHeartless - Your spot is reserved. I did use D. Gray Man as a huge inspiration for it but, I never played Shin Megami Tensei.

That's essentially what I was saying (well, actually, it was the reason for the difference in values; the reason for what I was saying) the entire reason Satan would want everyone to burn in hell eternally is because he hates God and humanity, and the reason God would send him to hell would be because he felt that way; because of the pure hate of such an entity.

Also, could you reserve it for me?

Last edited:

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
CuriousHeartless - I do agree with you the plot is basic but, I'm revealing more aspects about the rebellion Lucifer did and the Black Plague incident during the RPG. Also I haven't made a RPG in about 8-9 months so I'm a little Rusty.

Anyway, your Sign Up. I like the character. I would want you to add to the History and explore his life a little more. How did he discover his talents? Was he born with them? Did he gain them after puberty or were they inherited from his parents or completely different? I see a lot of potential with the character history. The above questions are just a starting point. So at the moment your Sign Up is Pending

PokeLegend your spot is reserved!

Last edited:

CuriousHeartless

Okay, I totally expected to be pended, or whatever the verb form of pend is, and decided to see what you would say to know what to do. I added some more to the history. It's still not amazing, but it shows some more of his past and tells about his powers like you said.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
CuriousHeartless - you are now Accepted