• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Demon Slayer/Kimetsu no Yaiba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashfahad123

Assalamualaikum
Demon Slayer/Kimetsu no Yaiba Anime Discussion

I wonder why there isn't one already for this, but whatever. Pretty Good, in my opinion. Awesome animation.
What do you think of this series and how would you rate it?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Since @lolipiece told me that it's okay to bring this thread back now, I'm giving my 2 cents on the show here since I've been following it weekly:

It's been totally amazing so far, I love each and every moment of the show. This is more like a typical action-packed shounen anime with OP villains and a lot of superpowers, but done damn right in terms of pacing and execution. Ufotable has once again struck gold here once again after the Fate series with some God-Tier animation during the fight scenes; in other words, the animation has been something even more than just outstanding, it's phenomenal. The protagonist Tanjiro Kamado has pretty much already become one of my most favourite characters, he is more like a typical good guy shounen protagonist who wants to protect and help others/his close ones, but in terms of goal, progression and characterization he's very well-written protagonist, his character traits like his sheer determination, his ability to empathise with anyone in any situation (including even demons) and last of all, his amazing sibling bond with Nezuko are really admirable and likeable all-in-all, I really love his character. Each and every arc of the show has been really executed really well so far whether in terms of pacing or buildup, especially Tanjiro's training arc in the first few episodes of the show I thought was really amazing, especially how they depicted Tanjiro gradually developing into a badass demon slayer within a spot of 5-6 episodes without the whole thing feeling rushed in the slightest.

Oh, and episode 19. Man, that was crazy, intense, epic, phenomenal, mindblowing and amazing.....I was totally blown apart by the sheer magnificence of that episode; the last 5 minutes of the episode were a goddamn classic, I was so much hooked into the episode at that point that I felt like that I myself was transported into the zone and I am myself in Tanjiro's place.....watching that episode was a experience I'll always cherish and never, ever forget.

Overall, I've beem loving every bit of this show so far, weekly with every upcoming episode. I can't really wait to see what's more is in store in the remainder of this season of the show.

@Ashfahad123 Since you are a fellow fan of the show too and made this thread, just curious that what are your thoughts on the show so far, especially episode 19? :)

Last edited:

Ashfahad123

Assalamualaikum
Since @lolipiece told me that it's okay to bring this thread back now, I'm giving my 2 cents on the show here since I've been following it weekly:

It been totally amazing so far, I love each and every moment of the show. This is more like a typical action-packed shounen anime with OP villains and a lot of superpowers, but done damn right in terms of pacing and execution. Ufotable has once again struck gold here once again after the Fate series with some God-Tier animation during the fight scenes; in other words, the animation has been something even more than just outstanding, it's phenomenal. The protagonist Tanjiro Kamado has pretty much already become one of my most favourite characters, he is more like a typical good guy shounen protagonist who wants to protect and help others/his close ones, but in terms of goal, progression and characterization he's very well-written protagonist, his character traits like his sheer determination, his ability to empathise with anyone in any situation (including even demons) and last of all, his amazing sibling bond with Nezuko are are really admirable and likeable all-in-all, I really love his character. Each and every arc of the show has been really executed really well so far whether in terms of pacing or buildup, especially Tanjiro's training arc in the first few episodes of the show I thought was really amazing, especially how they depicted Tanjiro gradually developing into a badass demon slayers within a spot of 5-6 episodes without the whole thing feeling rushed in the slightest.

Oh, and episode 19. Man, that was crazy, intense, epic, phenomenal, mindblowing and amazing.....I was totally blown apart by the sheer magnificence of that episode; the last 5 minutes of the episode were a goddamn classic, I was so much hooked into the episode at that point that I felt like that I myself was transported into the zone and I am myself in Tanjiro's place.....watching that episode was a experience I'll always cherish and never, ever forget.

Overall, I've loving every bit of this show so far, weekly with every upcoming episode. I can't really wait to see what's more is in store in the remainder of this season of the show.

@Ashfahad123 Since you are a fellow fan of the show too and made this thread, just curious that what are your thoughts on the show so far, especially episode 19? :)

Sorry, I couldn't reply earlier. I just saw your message the day before yesterday and I had Wifi issues. Anyways, yeah, the series is just downright amazing. From the characters to the animation, everything is absolutely stunning. The CGI also blends well with the animation, but then again it is Ufotable. I really like the gruop of Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke and Nezuko.

Ep 19 was a masterpiece, especially the last 5 minutes. It was pure hype and the animation was just breathtaking.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Fixed mistake in the title.

Did you see ep 20? @345ash-greninja

I was shocked when I saw that Rui was still alive. And then Giyyu slashed him with the 11th breathing form?! And Shinobu is awesome and kinda creepy.
What do you think?

Yup I did. Not gonna lie, I was a bit disappointed at first when I saw that still Rui was still in battling shape, ready to kill Tanjiro, cuz that meant that apparently all that amazing intensity and epicness in episode 19 and the sheer bond-power of Tanjiro and Nezuko ultimately didn't lead to much in the end, apart from inflicting some wounds on Rui. But then again the episode in its own was amazing, and Giyuu's 11th form, which he used to cut off Rui's head was really badass and phenomenally animated. And Shinobu totally gave me the chills throughout the episode, the way she always acts in an apparently nice but imminently threatening manner....she is a really intriguing character and definitely the highlight of the episode.

Apart from that, Rui's whole back story about his so called "family" and all was really intriguing as well, it gave us a deep insight as a whole into his character and showing a different aside to the character of a demon which was something new. Overall, the episode was great and definitely A+ calibre.

Damn the season hasn't even finished yet and this show has already become one of my all time favourites. :D

Last edited:

Ashfahad123

Assalamualaikum
Yup I did. Not gonna lie, I was a bit disappointed at first when I saw was still Rui was still in battling shape, ready to kill Tanjiro, cuz that meant that apparently all that amazing intensity and epicness in episode 19 and the sheer bond-power of Tanjiro and Nezuko ultimately didn't lead to much in the end, apart from inflicting some wounds on Rui. But then again the episode in its own was amazing, and Giyuu's 11th form, which he used to cut off Rui's head was really badass and phenomenally animated. And Sabito totally gave me the chills throughout the episode, the way she always acts in an apparently nice by imminently threatening manner....she is a really intriguing character and definitely the highlight of the episode.

Apart from that, Rui's whole back story about his so called "family" and all was really intriguing as well, it gave us a deep insight as a whole into his character and showing a different aside to the character of a demon which was something new. Overall, the episode was great and definitely A+ calibre.

Damn the season hasn't even finished yet and this show has already become one of my all time favourites. :D
I felt kinda bad for Rui. Also, I read that the that the backstory part was small in the manga and some of it is anime-only. Manga reader needed to confirm.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I've been hearing good things about this, so when I saw it on Hulu, I got curious and watched the first ep.

And honestly? I didn't like it. They focused way too much on how happy Tanjirou and his family were that it was super obvious what was going to happen to them, not that it mattered since the series summary already spoiled their fate.

That being said, I persevered and watched episode two and found it far more enjoyable. And as of this morning, I'm now caught up. Almost tempted to read the manga once the last ep airs.

Tanjirou is a good boy. Zenitsu is a good boy. Inosuke is a jerk, but also a good boy.

But honestly, I think the weakest link is Nezuko. I like the "turning into a demon" plot, but with the muzzle preventing her from speaking, it's hard to get a read on her personality other than "she's cute". I do hope she loses it one day.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well, the latest episode was......quite good, but not mindblowing like the last few episodes have been in this show. The flashback to Rui's whole backstory as a human, his parents + his dying moment especially were really emotional, Shinobu gave the occasional chills with her apparent sweet yet threatening demeanor and attempts to kill Nezuko and taunting Giyuu. I guess that since action/fight moments have been so much of a major highlight of this show, perhaps that's why I didn't feel that kind of intensity/that much hooked whilst watching this episode like it was for the previous few episodes....since this episode wasn't an action-packed one, but rather kind of a buildup to what is gonna after afterwards in the season climax. But still obviously a quality episode regardless.

Can't wait to see what happens to Tanjiro and Nezuko next now that they are arrested by the Demon Corps.

Last edited:

Ashfahad123

Assalamualaikum
About ep 22, even though, it was just people talking the whole episode, I really liked it. All of the Hashiras had unique looks and personalities. It was kinda tense and Tanjirou's and Nezuko's bond is truly strong. I do wonder what is gonna happen to Nezuko.

Also, one thing, I want to mention about the show. I just the LOVE the character designs! All the bright colours and designs of the characters are pleasing to look at. Just look at how different each Hashira looks.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Agreed, even though episode 22 consisted of mostly just character interactions, the episode was still tense and engaging through and through. The several pillars/hashiras, their interactions and especially the voice acting really stood out in this episode which made Tanjiro & Nezuko's trial all the more enthralling as a whole. Sanemi definitely was the highlight of the episode, keeping the atmosphere tense through and through with his persistent and determined antagonizing of Nezuko, and trying to even go as far as repeatedly hurting Nezuko in order to try and force her to attack him, in order to prove her demonic aspect. Looks like Nezuko has really very stern test to pass here and...I'm kinda getting a feeling that she'll go through some really strong development via this ordeal (which she really needs too IMO). The episode ended on a damn cliffhanger which really left me on my toes being hyped and eagerly waiting for the next week's episode, as I can't really wait to see how Nezuko overcomes this.

Oh and how can I forget the most standout moment of the episode, a.k.a. Tanjiro headbutting Sanemi? Boi always gives me a standout moment to remember in almost every episode, what a character.

NMhxKjGdQ21NnPG4rzwny2oFHhk8wgfUoAglPfj3pD1jwNy2nE17miFMTNSykcds3n2pjNe4QqJ3YRQGknoNwP5ob1VdjtYha8X-Lf2NHwY

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
I've been reading the manga, continuing from where ep 21 ended.

I still watch the anime, but since my reaction isn't blind anymore, it's hard to give an opinion that isn't "that was cool".

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
@Ashfahad123

Don't really wanna spoil too much to you before you see the episode, but since you asked me (and I guess that you've probably seen the episode by now):

The first 5 minutes of the episode were great, intense and gave me the chills, with how Nezuko managed to overcome Sanemi's tough challenge. It required to some manifestation of the all-too-famous bond power between Tanjiro and some inner words of heart from him for Nezuko to do some soul searching via recalling the moment when she and Tanjiro first met Giyuu and she managed to survive the ordeal by managing to restrain herself successfully from attempting to attack Sanemi even after all that. I thought that whole part, even though pretty short in length was handled really well in this episode, not only did actually help Nezuko finally get some much needed development out of it but we also did manage to get kind of an insight into her personality (which we don't really get to see often since she has mouth restrained all the time. Oh and need I mention that Giyuu yet again lend a vital important hand to Tanjiro and Nezuko at a very crucial moment by holding back Obanai, the hashira who was pinning and restraining Tanjiro down, which helped Tanjiro to call out Nezuko at a crucial time when she was close to losing her control under the pressure of Sanemi's persistent provocations.

The rest of the episode....well, it was also pretty enjoyable too, with some lighthearted moments and comedy jokes were pretty funny IMO and there were some nice and engaging character interactions too which expectedly came to the fore with Zenitsu's return; it was nice to see both Zenitsu and Inosuke again, with both of them being on the path to recovery.

Now that we know Tanjiro and Nezuko would've to defeat a Twelve Moon together in order to prove themselves worthy as Demon Slayers, I guess we can hope for an epic/intense climax for the first season (which has been amazing so far) to end fittingly with a bang. The buildup to the climax has been so good so far, now with only 3 episodes left in the season, it just remains to be seen how the whole thing unfolds.

Ashfahad123

Assalamualaikum
@Ashfahad123

Don't really wanna spoil too much to you before you see the episode, but since you asked me (and I guess that you've probably seen the episode by now):

The first 5 minutes of the episode were great, intense and gave me the chills, with how Nezuko managed to overcome Sanemi's tough challenge. It required to some manifestation of the all-too-famous bond power between Tanjiro and some inner words of heart from him for Nezuko to do some soul searching via recalling the moment when she and Tanjiro first met Giyuu and she managed to survive the ordeal by managing to restrain herself successfully from attempting to attack Sanemi even after all that. I thought that whole part, even though pretty short in length was handled really well in this episode, not only did actually help Nezuko finally get some much needed development out of it but we also did manage to get kind of an insight into her personality (which we don't really get to see often since she has mouth restrained all the time. Oh and need I mention that Giyuu yet again lend a vital important hand to Tanjiro and Nezuko at a very crucial moment by holding back Obanai, the hashira who was pinning and restraining Tanjiro down, which helped Tanjiro to call out Nezuko at a crucial time when she was close to losing her control under the pressure of Sanemi's persistent provocations.

The rest of the episode....well, it was also pretty enjoyable too, with some lighthearted moments and comedy jokes were pretty funny IMO and there were some nice and engaging character interactions too which expectedly came to the fore with Zenitsu's return; it was nice to see both Zenitsu and Inosuke again, with both of them being on the path to recovery.

Now that we know Tanjiro and Nezuko would've to defeat a Twelve Moon together in order to prove themselves worthy as Demon Slayers, I guess we can hope for an epic/intense climax for the first season (which has been amazing so far) to end fittingly with a bang. The buildup to the climax has been so good so far, now with only 3 episodes left in the season, it just remains to be seen how the whole thing unfolds.

Those were some intense moments in the first 5 minutes of the episode. I am glad Nezuko was able to pull through with Tanjiro's help. Their bond never ceases to amaze me! The rest of the episode was quite hilarious and I enjoyed it. I wonder if they will be able to put another battle with the 12 Moon in the season. I mean there are only three episodes left. Maybe we will get a training arc for Tanjiro. He isn't that strong, so training would benefit him.

lolipiece

Staff member
The show just ended. No spoilers, though I will reveal this one thing.

The show ended without a confirmation of a season 2. However, it did confirm that the next major arc will be adapted in the form of a movie.

I assume season 2 will come out after that, though it most likely won't be next year like I was hoping.

Ashfahad123

Assalamualaikum
A really nice ending to the whole season. The episode itself, without spoiling much, was a bloody first half and comedic second one. I am glad they are continuing. I read that the train arc is short, so, a good decision to make it into a movie. Hype for movie!

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
A fascinating & stellar last episode to fittingly end the 1st season of an anime with a bang, an anime that has thoroughly surpassed the expectations of tons of anime fans, blowing all expectations out of the water & set new standards of magnificence for typical action-packed shounen anime that come out aplenty these days, with it's sheer quality, creating an unreal amount of recent hype as we've witnessed.

The 1st half of the episode was....oof, brutal, intense, gory & thrilling at the same time. Muzan just showed his true colours, his terrifying dark side in this episode, he was just simply insane and gave me the chills throughout. The animation & choreography of Muzan slaughtering the lower ranked Twelve-Kuzukis one after another was simply unreal, especially how each of the kills were individually depicted from a visual standpoint. I kind of got a feeling that he might spare the last one in order to do his billing given how differently that Twelve Kuzuki acted, and he did exactly that, giving him his own blood. In short, the first 11-12 mins of the episode were simply put, mindblowing to say the least.

The tone change of the second half of the episode was also done really well, in a subtle manner that it didn't feel like it happened all-of-a-sudden, focusing more or group dynamics, lighthearted character interactions: it was necessary in a sense because Tanjiro & co. were about to set off for a new journey, mission & adventure after making a full recovery, so lightening the mood was essential. Tanjiro interactions with Kanao was the highlight of the character interactions we got to see in this episode, you could Kanao backstory (which was shown in the previous episode) via that part. The ending of the episode was done in such a way, with the opening being saved for that part, that it not gave the season ending feels but also would leave us fans eagerly awaiting & hyped for what's to come next, especially when we see the demon who was given Muzan's own blood earlier in the episode, riding on the top of the same train Tanjiro & co. just boarded onto.

And....the reveal of a sequel movie just after the ending, which is gonna cover the subsequent Demon Train arc of the manga. The hype is now for real. I'm expecting nothing short of amazing & phenomenal stuff from the movie at this point, giving how stellar the 1st season truly turned out to be....plus the trailer looked intense.

Overall, this season was truly great, phenomenal & mindblowing; I definitely wasn't expecting something of this level when I went into the show, but well, this anime just surpassed the limits of my expectations, like it has done with several fans as well....and became one of my all-time favourites. The recent incredible amount of hype regarding this anime is fully understandable, not really surprising when things have been this much brilliant; it was shown how to simply elevate a story involving some typical shounen elements to the next level of magnificence where it can even challenge the best of shounen anime in existence. Ufotable's magic wand effect has struck gold here, no questions.

I'm now kind of sad that Demon Slayer 1st season has now finally come to an end...the feeling you tend to get as a viewer when a really great anime you've been following weekly finishes airing; basically the same feeling I had when AoT Season 3 Part 2 finished airing earlier this year. :( Weekly following this show was a really amazing experience. I'm gonna rewatch it fully again soon for sure because this is an anime which is definitely worth a re-watch. :)

Lastly, its worth stating that this anime is definitely worth being considered one of contenders for AoTY (Anime Of The Year) in 2019. I personally would rank it a close second, only behind AoT Season 3 Part 2 overall, but better than all other anime to come out this year.

Last edited:

nezukopaka

Main actress should be the most beloved character in Demon Slayer, I think.

As you see, we can not find anyone can bring us the emotional scene and also impress feeling like she did.

Even though I have a thousand choices, I just vote for her.

Lately, I bought a sweatshirt with her avatar in the front combine Christmas quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.