1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Demons of Metropolis

Discussion in 'Shipping Fics' started by Encyclopika, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Encyclopika

Encyclopika The Queen

*READ this post if you are about to read this story and don't want to get in trouble* =D
    Okay, first off - OMG it's out!! *excited*
    Next, the rating...it's rated NC17. Now that could mean a whole slew of things under "No Children under 17". This story *could* and mostly *does* include violence, sex, gore, language, and pretty much all that junk on different levels. If you can't handle it, I implore you remove yourself from the thread before we have a problem. If you wish to continue, fine, but this is the only warning I'm giving and if you flame/go ballistic over what goes on in this thread, I'll just delete the message.
    Next up, the shipping(s)...I have more than one, so that's why I didn't put them in the title. Just from knowing *I* wrote it, you know the main, canon ship in this story will be Contestshipping. Eh, duh. =B But, there are more! Tensioshipping is a HUGE player here, Minamoshipping is onesided, Advanceshipping (that is, if you think the anime's style is shippy), Pokeshipping (tiny, don't worry about it if you loathe it), w/e you call Drew/Kelly, for it's so subtle, even they don't realize it, and finally other very minor ships that aren't really that big a deal, so you'll have to deal with the two sentences they take up. (I just don't want to spoil for characters that come later on.)
    For more information, go to the following pages:
    General Story Information | Characters | Explanations
    This story is what I like to call a "whacked out Romeo and Juliet". Okay, now that we got that down, I present to you my most AU fic yet, Demons of Metropolis...this is teh Prologue. (2 pages)
    Demons of Metropolis

The city of Metropolis; the last, large city in a darkening world, slowly rotting to the ground beneath it. It is here that the great power known as Underworld is locked away by a fragile spell.

The city is of Gothic origin – stone buildings, gray in their crumbling concrete with gargoyle ornaments at the lavish corners by day, set in stone. But these gargoyles are not always present. With their wide wings or fearsome fangs, they prowl street corners and garbage ridden allies for a crimson drink from an oblivious mortal making his way home. Mermaids swim and play at the rocky shore where large Zaratans, once called Wailord but now drastically changed from contamination, can be seen spouting water hundreds of feet into the air far off shore. Aristocratic vampires linger in their dark tenements at the city’s limits while necromancers use their zombie armies to terrify the mortals and steal precious jewels from the fairies. As frightening or as wonderful as this scene might be, these creatures of this dark city are but the tip of the iceberg when describing Metropolis’ citizens and past.

To start, the citizens of Metropolis are classed into one of three stereotypes – The Darks, The Lights, and The Mortals. Of course, in any changing world full of slang, The Darks are usually called “darkies”, and The Lights have been reduced to “lighties”. Segregation couldn’t be thicker. “Darkies” are usually the ones that fall into the undead or evil persons of Halloween children’s books while “lighties” can be differentiated as the light or cute heroes of fairytales. The Mortals are, to put it blunt, regular humans who are more or less ignorant to the class system. They simply go about their lives, watching werewolves cross the street thinking they’re lost puppies. They’re even more ignorant to the brooding families.

The ruling clans of this city on the brink of its grave are in constant battle, but for now, silent in the ongoing clash. On the east side, across the small, chemical concentrated river that snakes its way through the city to the open ocean docks, reside the Angels in their wealthy estates, set forth by the clergy family – the mortals that work with them at the tall tower church off main street. But the mortal clergy is, like any group of mortals, oblivious to the white, feathered wings of the Angels, for good reason...

The Angels pray to their God and obey their laws of life that, as they think, have been concentrated into a single book, the Bible, or as “darkies” like to say, the “how to be a good Angel for DUMMIES” book. Pure and obeying, the Angels are the quintessence of perfection, living at peace with the other “lighties” – mermaids, fairies, and good, little elves, like those that work for Mr. Claus himself.

But Angels, like all living things, are not without their qualms, and those qualms lie with Demons, those fallen angels with large, black, skin wings, like those of bats, and what appears to be no morals. They used to rule the night in their strength of the most powerful and darkest gremlins to set foot upon Metropolis’ cracked sidewalks. All other vampires and gargoyles would hide in their dumpsters and ally ways, should there be a Demon on his prowl. But not anymore.

In a brutal clash of black and white, the demons were crushed under the force of light by Sunilluma, the Angel’s mighty Demon killing dagger. And, although they had Sindarkka, the Angel killing dagger, by their side, they still fell in the debacle of either clan’s history. Defeated and weak, they were banished from the city limits to the barren, sand tundra, Outskirt. There they were believed to have died out, since not one Demon had been seen again afterward…at least not by Angelic eyes.

On the other side of that winding river, all the way to the dead empty warehouses by the docks where large, but now lost, cargo ships would tow in their loads now reside three Demons, left behind after their clan’s defeat just to antagonize the “lighties”. They linger on with their secluded lives in warehouse six and have been doing very well. But as fate would have it, things were about to change.

The demons that were left behind are the three strongest, most able, hybrid combinations. The first and oldest to take care of the two younger is a man of “pyroism” as he likes to call it. With the snap of his fingers, a spark flies and a flare is born. It’s quite a pity, though - his short wings don’t allow him to take flight, much less sneak behind the eye of a watchful Angel. He spends his time in his room dreaming of the boy and finding the girl a nuisance.

The second, though not any older than the boy, is a girl with short wings as well, but she has a talent where wings aren’t needed. With the flick of her wrist her fingers elongate to about ten feet if she wanted, though she’s not sure if she could go longer. She’s a confused adolescent with problems that she tries to cover up with a toothy grin. It’s a pity, though, she was meant to carry on the genes of herself and one of the males, but alas, she only likes what she has.

And the last, the boy, a vampiric demon – a powerful, dark creature whose life is alive yet dead, giving him the immortality of a wandering spirit. With fangs that could deal vampiric longevity or poisonous afterlife with their simple length; the demons had their hopes high for this one. But it’s a pity…

Underworld will be awakened and reopened soon due to selfishness…when hate is spawned from love. The Angels figured that could never happen, and so the spell is lost in the endless scrolls of the library on twenty-forth. All they are concerned about now is who will take the position of highest priest. A young girl? No. But perhaps her husband, that is, if she doesn’t get caught up in her curiosity of the darker half, or the young shadow that leads her to the world’s truths.

They will start the wave, unintentionally, this opposites pair, angel and demon. From the depths of the past, from a never ending feud, they find a way to mix his shadows and her glow. It will be difficult. With such a silent war, ready to explode under the tiniest hint of romance between them, it is important to keep the extinction of the Demons as true as can be lied. Secrets are difficult to keep, and soon their suspicious behavior will spark another great battle between angel and demon, light and dark, pure and impure…all to reveal who the real demons of Metropolis are.

o.o;; So what do you think? I'm all shaky and shtuff.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  2. scrapbook

scrapbook My Emo Friend

um okay this sound kind of intersting. But it dose mainly involve with Drew and May right :)

3. Wow...That was great! You put so much detail and discription into it. I loved it, your really good at creating Demons and Angels. Well this will be a great story I know it. Can't wait to read Chapter 1. Anyway I didn't spot any mistakes so you did good with that. (Of course I could have missed something I kind of stopped paying attention when I got more into the story)
    By any chance are there going to be any living skeletons in the story, or is it just Demons?

4. Tiffany

Tiffany Staff Member Super Mod

You already know I cannot wait for the rest of the story as I told you on MSN. :p

Nice prologue and description. I love Romeo and Juliet so I know I'm going to lurve this story. :B

5. Encyclopika

Encyclopika The Queen

Wow...more replies than I thought in the first half hour. =O
    Sure, I could squeeze them in. There's more zombies though, because of the necromancers. ;)

6. lilrumpkinkb

lilrumpkinkb Well-Known Member

woah, once again Ama makes a great fanfic!! The prolouge was awesome, and I can't wait for the first chapter!

7. Zombie are cool with me. As long as there is living dead.
    Sorry if I sound kind of...weird I just like that stuff. Your storie's going to be awsome!

8. Xiang

Xiang Well-Known Member

This is going to be good >D It sounded like one of those legend things, except for one part which I really liked: the part about the "how to be a Good Angel for DUMMIES" xD

I can't wait to see where Drew and May come it- out of all the ships in here that's the big one I support. ^___^ The banner's cool too- that's how I got here. :3

Oh yeah, by the way, are you going to get a custom avvie? Just wondering.

9. Umi Mizuno

Umi Mizuno ☠ one girl army

As I've told you on MSN Ama, it's just wonderful. *____* I cannot wait for the first chapter.

Demons and angels involved in any story is considered great to me. ;) Wonderful job Ama! It's so goth and dark! *squeals* >o< *can't wait*

10. I've been waiting for this for ages!! Good job, Ama! Bravo! Can't wait for the first chapter, and that had... amazing description. Just amazing. I like the... creativness of it, and the way Drew and May are opposites, and the fact that this is like a screwed up Romeo and Juliet.

Wellz, Kitteh out.

~Kitteh ;258;

11. Stephy

Stephy candies!!!11

Wow...Interesting...It's like Romeo and Juliet...XD Though, a bit different...And angels and demons? This makes me even more interested...

I liked the part about the book, "How to be a good angel for DUMMIES" XDDD

And Harley thinking of Drew? Wow...XD Wakana seems a little annoying though...

And Drew sounds so...I can't describe it...If he was ever on the show like that, I would probably be squealing until I can't breathe...Or faint of happiness...XDDD

Anyhow, can't wait for the next chapter! I'm getting...addicted...XDDD

12. Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo blows stuff uhup

It's finally out! *cheers* It all sounds very exciting so far. The prologue is nicely atmospheric. I especially liked the description of Harley, Drew and Kelly. I think in some ways it could afford to be less detailed - you kind of gave us the entire setting and most of the backstory in one go, but I think it could work just as well if you only told us a few confusing little snippets of information and held back the rest. Just enough to set the tone, but leaving us with lots of unanswered questions. The more indepth explanations on the angel/demon divide and their society could be shown in later chapters. But the prologue as it is is nicely written, and it sounds like the story will be supah. ^_^

13. Encyclopika

Encyclopika The Queen

*____* Reviews! I'm glad everyone likes it. I'm gonna work on Chap 1 today and you should get it later next week, if anything.
    Anyway, Jo-Jo, I had the prologue set up everything on purpose...afterall, doesn't Shakespeare do that with Romeo and Juliet? =P I tried to use confusing and twisting words and phrases, and some people still don't get it. XD Awsome.
    Nevertheless, I will attempt to out do myself while balencing CT on my head, so watch out. =P

14. Animematchmaker2

Animematchmaker2 Romance Maniac

Ooh, Ama, I can't wait for this story to be posted! Can't wait for the next chapter of CT too! Oh man, this is gonna be good! This gonna be a screwed up Romeo and Juliet, huh? I know you'll do this story justice, sis!

15. lara lynx

lara lynx meow

I've been waiting ages for you to post this up! I love mythology and mythical creatures and all that crap, and to mix it with some of my favourite ships...please update soon!

16. Torchic23

Torchic23 gee that's swell

Woah Ama, very nice story, well at least it will be, if you keep writing as nice as you did in the Prologue. A very interesting idea as well, I look forward to the future chapters ^^

17. Juny

Juny Savvy?

o.o *glances around* I haven't replied yet? Ugh. I'm such a lazy a*s.

I'm pretty sure I told you already, but once again; So far it sounds very interesting. It's very detailed and I'm loving the darkness of the whole thing. Angels + Demons = Happy me. Anyway, I can't wait for the first chapter!

18. MayShuufan

MayShuufan Mrs Brendan Birch ^^

Though I've read a Pokemon fanfic like this it seems cool. Great prolouge, good description and setting and a nice mix of character types. Looks good and can't wait to read more.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2006
  19. WaterTrainer243

WaterTrainer243 Veteran Water Lover

I must say, it's a very interesting start and a very interesting concept, if not somewhat used before. I've seen stories of Angels and Demons(devils) falling in love with one another but I'm sure this one might take the cake. Keep it up Ama.

20. Encyclopika

Encyclopika The Queen

Crap, really? Ah well. I'm pretty sure this one will be different. ^^ Thank you for the reviews everyone.