• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Demons of Metropolis

Encyclopika

The Queen
Thx for the bump, Drew'sBaby. XD And also, thank you for the review. I really felt like this fic died so suddenly, I'm happy to see people, whether ghosts or reviewers, like yourself, are still reading it, as I've told you. ^^
And you're very right about it being a Greek tragedy/drama, even though I hadn't noticed. :3
Drew'sBaby said:
it has the tragic but expected ending and it was just amazing.
*sigh* That's the only thing I really regret with this story (as well as some smaller, insignificant mistakes) - the ending was expected, and even mentioned to the reader before it happened, so they had a chance to "suck it up" I guess, before it actually happened, unlike Treehouse, in that regard. In any case, I'm glad it didn't ruin anything for anyone. XD
Thanks all to have read, are reading, or will read my story. :) Yes, again. lol

Lexiebee88

Bleeding Black Rose
i just have to say this but: WOW!!!!! that waz 1 of the best stories u have ever written. i loved it. i like the morbid depression in it at the end. romeo and juliet is shakespears best work in my opinion so good job recreating it. the only part i didnt like waz how harley died. dont get me wrong, i love depressing stories but i love harley!!!! 2 thumbs up!!!!!

Shadow_Shaymin

Gotz Burglarized
Encyclopika, this is a great story. I read this because, you know, you're a mod of the fan-fiction forum, therefore, you must at least be a decent writer. And this was brilliant. Though personally an Advanceshipper, I am open to other people's views, and so I don't mind reading a Contestshipping fic when it is actually written well. This was written brilliantly.

The similarities to the plot of Romeo and Juliet were great, and the way you twisted them into an entirely new story revolving around a fictional world was incredible. It really was a great read, and I barely stopped for two days (except for when I had to go to school of course =P). The description was great and it gave a really great sense of how the fictional world worked. However, there were a couple of moments in the start with a couple of conflicting moments. At one point, I think there was mention (not entirely sure) that Drew had feathers, when really he had the membranous skin, like a bat. But other then a few other basic and hard to notice mistakes, it was generally flawless.

The bit referring to Lucifer, I had a little knowledge tucked away, and I felt I might just share it for no real reason. Having a bit of interest in that particular area (not actually religious, complete atheist, just always interested by the concept of Angels and Demons, God and Lucifer) there are different stories according to different religions.

There are two main stories, the first, being the one you seemed to take your bit of inspiration from, was that he attempted to make himself ruler, equal to that of God, and naturally, God didn't approve. So the Lord Almighty dropkicked Luci out of Heaven and straight into Hell.
The second story, however, is completely different. God sent him to Hell in the second story because Lucifer refused to bow down to Adam, as he believed Angels deserved God's attention, not the measly little humans, and so God 'cast him down to the deepest pits.' Just a bit of general knowledge, brought on by your little reference to Lucifer in the meeting between Drew and Robert.

So, overall, great story. I really enjoyed it, and it had hooked me in an instant. Hope you keep writing, I'll probably check out your other works in the near future. Honestly, wish I had the same fan-base as you, but I suppose I haven't been around for as long. See ya around.

Encyclopika

The Queen
Wow, what a great in-depth, thoughtful and though-provoking review. You deserve a pat on the back for it, because I love 'em. :3

Shadow_Shaymin said:
The description was great and it gave a really great sense of how the fictional world worked. However, there were a couple of moments in the start with a couple of conflicting moments.
Oh no...I was afraid of that. While writing, I felt that would happen, so if you remember exactly where that is, please tell me...it's embarrassing! ;;!

And I never heard of that other story - atheist as well, I only heard the first version countless times in English and Mythology classes. Cool to know! And it's not that I think the stories in religions aren't interesting - they are...I just don't approve of thinking they actually happened. XD

Again, great review, I'm very happy you took time out to read it and enjoyed it the whole way through! ^^ I feel this one is my best, so I fear you won't find my other works quite as..."wow". :p Thankies!

Shadow_Shaymin

Gotz Burglarized
Well, I went back over it trying to find those mistakes. Low and behold, couldn't find them. Could have just been a trick of the imagination I suppose, not uncommon for me. Guess it means you didn't screw up, I did =D

The Lucifer story that you heard is the Essential Bible Version, however, the Islamic version of the story is the second one I mentioned where Iblis (Islamic name for Lucifer) refused to bow down. So naturally you wouldn't have heard that particular version of the story in English or Mythology, and especially not in Sunday School :)

Got any particular suggestions as to your best fics? I'll probably head to Contest Tie next, seems to pop up in one of these posts every now and again. I'd love a reviewer to my fics, only got about half a page of reviews for my first, and my second kinda got skimmed over by every reader here V.V

However, it isn't necessary, you probably wouldn't like them as much as you possibly could, as they are both Advanceshipping, and one portrays Drew in a rather bad light...(I'll keep that to a minimum from now on, after reading this particular fic :p) and the other happens to be a songfic 'bout May in a particularly bad depressive episode, so really not the best reading material.

However, if you think you can make it over those annoying obstacles, here are the titles. Slow Burn is the depressive song-fic, while Masked is the other, bad for Drew fans fic. Don't force yourself however, wouldn't sit right with my conscious if you did force youself to read them.

Make sure you keep up the great writing, Encyclopika, and I shall now head off to Contest Tie, despite being an Advanceshipper, due to your general awesomeness as a writer. See ya around.