• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Demons of Metropolis

Encyclopika

The Queen
LOL Fofa. ;P

Ariel_Anderson said:
I wonder if the child will somehow be born anyway...
No, but some other unexpected stuff will happen, so stay tuned. ;o

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
I have a question :

What did the Vamipre King gain by letting fugitive demons hide in his castle ?
Besides maybe some eminent status for him and his race when demons gain control...
And why would no angel venture there, as Saori said ?

Funny, I'm picturing the Vampire King as some overlord of industry, having enough power and wealth even to bother the Angels...maybe that's why they don't want to annoy him ? :p

Encyclopika

The Queen
We'll get to Robert's account of why the Demons have returned and how they aquired the building...and why Angels do not want the breeds mixing...and the history of their feud...and what Underworld actually is...and who the real Demons in Metropolis really are.
All of your questions will be answered in due time - this is called suspense. ;P

flygonrulz

Don't leave me!
LOL Fofa. ;P

No, but some other unexpected stuff will happen, so stay tuned. ;o

I sense the phase "One foot in the grave". o_O omg, Could it be possible that the intense power of May and Drew's love brought May back to life??? ...Maybe not. xD Unexpeced, huh. Ooooooooooooooooooh. Me must keep my eyes glued to the computer!

*icecream van tune*

...>.< lol Looking foward to these unexpected events. But if Drew finds another girlfriennd, I'll mallet him!

Drew: Eeep?

hmmm, so may's dead... *sobs* and brianna's in the picture... and saori... wonder what's going to happen there? what i hope will happen is that the venom or whatever turns her into a vamp will kick in and she'll come back as a light-ish vamp =D

i really love your idea of a clan leftover from the big battle and how you brought them in. i wonder if they'll save drew from wrath? AND, if there's at least 5 chapters left, CSyness can't be completly over, can it? ;D

;216; Tff

Ayra

~Master Coordinator~
Yeah, the idea of bringing in different demons was awesome!

~Ayra~;267;

I watch CSI and other crime shows, but I can't take blood and gore that is that intense 0.0 It was just a story, so it wasn't too bad ^^;;; But how you explained it, it really put a picture in my head and that spoiler about what those angels did to poor May... I hope it doesn't give me nightmares >.> Jk! It wasn't too bad, I'll be fine. Just do your best in this fic ^____^

Oh, and call me crazy, but Drew having that much hope for May; would he commit suicide if May didn't come back to life? o.o Just making predictions.

~Shuukara~

Last edited:

Encyclopika

The Queen
Hey Shuukara. Um, do you mean the deadly sin he's in? Yeah, if nothing reverses why he's in that state, his body will dismember and he'll die. It's not really suicide, but then it is because he let the sin take over - we have to remember he really has nothing left at this point, so death is very attractive to him now.

Ayra

~Master Coordinator~
How true. That way, he'll be with May again.

~Ayra~;267;

Encyclopika

The Queen
Hello! This is getting updated because I'm working on it in Creative Writing class. ^^ Enjoy!
Chapter 15

She heard him leave. The growling, the choking, the snarl of sharp teeth. May tried to move, tried to call out, but her breath had not yet returned and her muscles were not ready to move in life. She heard the great flap of his wings as he lifted himself into the air and zoomed out into the night. Feeling his wrath, she thought very hard about moving, but still, only a beat of her heart was all she could muster. He was gone too quickly.
Death had been frightening. There was a bright light, but then, the whole world turned black. Was God denying her or…was he even there to begin with? Was that light a figment of her imagination, or did it really exist only to tease her? Or was it a natural process only characterized in religion as the final resting place for good Angels? She wasn’t sure, but the pain in her lower body still burned. How viciously she had been slain!
A breath suddenly dove into her lungs, her chest rising and then falling. There was a tingling sensation where the Angels had cut her open, as if a surgeon was sewing her back together or the area had just been asleep. Breathing heavily, she finally moved.

“Ah…” she struggled to get up.

It was difficult to move after death, but still she struggled on. Her arms moved freely now, and she explored her naked body, which was still cold and clammy like a corpse. Following her belly down, her fingertips brushed against the spot where she had been cut, and found that only a scar remained now. Drew’s vampiric powers were amazing, much more amazing than any healing spell she could have conjured up.
May lifted herself up, wrapping Drew’s cloak around her, shaking, trying to get warm. She was alive again. Still cold, she folded her feathered wings around her for added warmth. However, as the wings moved to the front, she noticed something peculiar. No, it couldn’t be the darkness of the warehouse making them that color. Blinking and squinting, May studied her wings, and deducted that the plumage had changed color, from bright white to a midnight black. Running fingers through the new feathers, she realized that with a life given back to her from a vampire, these sorts of things would happen. She quickly moved her fingers to her mouth, and found sharp canines had formed there.
Taking her fingers out of her mouth, she stood up shakily. Her wings felt heavy on her back and her feet felt too small, as if she would fall over. Still, she stepped forward and with each step onto that dark, concrete floor, she regained her balance. As she approached the fallen pile of concrete roof that blocked the only entrance and exit on ground level, she formed a destination for her free-moving feet.
The Angel main house. They would be there – the ones who ordered her demise. But, was it smart to travel there? After all, they wanted her dead. On the other hand, she wanted to show them what real life looked like. Demons and Angels – were they one in the same? They had been not too long ago inside her. Were they afraid of that fact? Were they afraid that their beliefs of evil Demons only turned around and looked at them?
She flew towards the grand building. Even if they tried to kill her, they would not be able to. She was a vampire now with all of the strengths of one. The clouds above her had not broken into sunlight yet, even though the sun was well over due for his arrival. Instead, a dark gray sky threatened rain and the wind whispered like a coy child.
As May landed on the balcony, she peered inside. The Elders, her father, and practically every other Angel were present. Her father was preaching to them as if he was a real priest and they clapped. May guessed he was telling them about the Fallen Angel situation, and how she, his daughter, had been slain, all for the good of their safety and the future of the clan. It was too bad, May thought, that he was wrong. She and Drew were alive, and though she did not know where her lover was, she was aware he was probably ripping apart any and all Undercover Angels he could find. And good riddance.
The rain began to trickle from the sky and the grumble of thunder rolled in the distance. Knowing the balcony doors, though, made of glass and twisted iron, were always left unlocked for the arrival of Angels from the sky, she walked in, as if invited to the party. The room grew silent as they saw her black wings and pale body still recovering from death.

Norman turned around surprised and almost feeling angry in his foolishness for thinking she was dead. “May? The Elders told me you had been exterminated. They felt your presence fade.”

“Fade, yes, but I was not completely gone.”

“I see. So your Demonic sperm donor is partly vampiric, I assume?” He had caught a glance of her new fangs when she spoke. “It’s not like that’s hard to believe. The Demons had always soiled their blood with other, less-deserving species. It’s disgusting…and to think my daughter – of all of the daughters in our clan – would partake in it!”

May bit her lip. She did not love him, this madman who, she believed, was not her father, anymore, she was sure of it. But his words…they stung her as if she still cared.

“Just look at what he’s done!” Norman continued to scold his daughter. “He’s ruined your life, if you can call this a life.” He flailed his hand up and down towards her, almost mocking her. “He’s sparked another war of hatred between our clans, he’s taken my daughter, and he’s taken advantage of your young mind and filled it with lies!”

May growled under her breath. Her thoughts were racing now, and she had completely recovered from death. Life and blood flowed through her veins and her eyes were no longer dilated. Showing her teeth, she yelled at her father, spoke back, like she had never done before and for everyone to hear.

He sparked a war? All he’s done is shown me how to live! If you haven’t noticed father, you are the one who has sparked hatred in this clan. You’re the one filling these Angel’s heads with monstrous stories of how you had to kill me and Drew in order to save them from certain peril. But what peril? If the Undercover Angels had not told you anything, no one would have known! In reality, all Drew and I tried to do was live and be together. But it just bothered you too much, didn’t it? That the next high priest would have black wings?”

“A Demon can’t be a Priest! That’s almost like asking Lucifer to come and be the Pope!”

“Always so prideful in our species, father, always. You did whatever you could to brainwash the rest of us into believing your lies! Demons are nothing like how you have our teachers portray in school. They are beautiful and misunderstood. You’re the one who took advantage of my young mind!”

“Preposterous! All we’ve ever done was, try to protect you!”

“Well I didn’t feel that when two of my clan came to murder me!”

May was becoming choked up. She had realized all of this in death. The real Demons in Metropolis…she had been living amongst them all this time. The Angels…did they not act like the Demons they portrayed to her? Sniveling little gremlins that did everything only for the good of themselves, even if that meant creating a new generation that believed every lie they ever spewed.
Norman had no response to May’s last argument, but he did not feel defeated. Even in the plight of his struggle to keep the clan behind him, he was not threatened. Hate between Angels and Demons was customary…it was in their DNA. That was how it was for thousands of years, and the small, choking words from a Fallen Angel was not going to change that.
May backed up. She could see that the crowd behind her father could not hear her, or so it seemed. Their narrow eyes were like needles on her. It was hatred, but what for or why was beyond her. Her wings were black, but her voice and spirit remained the same. It was only her and yet, her new darkness made that much of a difference.
It was then an Angel bursted through the opulent door of the Elder’s pray room, and rushed toward Norman, almost tripping over himself in anxiousness. However, he did stop to take a glance at May, and then turned toward her father with urgent news. He was wet from rain and red liquid was smeared on his mail carrier-like clothing.

“My Priest! There is trouble downtown!” the Angel choked out. “A Demon has appeared!”

There was chatter amongst the other, background Angels. There voices were hushed, but their fear was apparent. Norman listened intently to his messenger.

“The Demon is large and taking down everyone. It is ruthless and difficult to control – many of our comrades have already fallen.”

“Only one Demon?”

“We believe it’s suffering from Wrath. Every time we shoot it, the bullet only burns and it comes after us like a truck! We can’t stop it ourselves!”

May listened to the messenger, and right from the start she knew it was Drew. He did not know she was alive, and now he was suffering from a sin. There was no time to dwell on the fact that Drew had every right to be angry with the Angels. She whipped around towards the open, balcony doors. Downtown. That is where she needed to be.

“You stay right here, Demon!” Norman called after her, but May did not even turn around to give him a glance.

Her main focus…her only focus was Drew’s well-being. The rain was pouring now, and she swooped down from the balcony on her new black wings towards the Horizon Line. There was no flap of wings behind her and May figured that Norman had not sent any Undercover Angels after her.
As she approached the Horizon Line, she heard a roar and a loud hiss accompanied by occasional gun shots before she actually saw the scene through the walls of rain. Landing, she looked towards the intersection the Horizon Line made with another street. A large mass of painful growls and sharp teeth was thrashing there, feasting on something smaller than itself. May had a feeling, and knew that it was Drew. Apparently, sins had levels to them, as Drew was barely recognizable under his new, fiendish guise. In the storm’s darkness, May could see that Drew’s body had grown in proportion, as well as devil-like horns and saber-teeth. His ears had become pointed and his eyes were like a dragon’s – completely one color in slits of green. Despite his powerful disposition, it came to May’s attention that Drew was bleeding from the bases of his limbs and wings as blood streamed down his arms, as well as from fresh bullet-holes that still sizzled in his body.
May approached him cautiously – there was no telling if Drew was really inside himself anymore and that Wrath had completely taken the body for itself. Still, she moved forward.

“Drew…” she murmured. “Drew, please tell me you still exist.”

The monster turned around from its meal. Catching sight of her feathered wings, it raised its wings in defense, hissing.

“Drew…it’s me. You didn’t stay long enough. I am alive!” May held out her arm, as if coaxing a frightened kitten out of hiding, or showing a powerful beast that she was not to be treated like an enemy.

Drew let down his wings and approached her cautiously. May was almost glad her body was still blood-stained as Drew sniffed the air, and came closer as he caught a whiff of her blood. The vampire’s recognition system…who knew it’d be this helpful? His eyes became less and less menacing, and very slowly did he shrink back into his former self. His emotions were no longer producing the rage Wrath desired, and it lifted from his spirit. Weak from his rampage, Drew said nothing, but May could feel the relief in his sigh as he buried his eyes into her shoulder.

“The Demon has been weakened! Fire!” cried a far off Undercover Angel.

Now it was May’s turn to be angry. Whispering a short spell under her breath, her eyes glowed a vibrant blue. The gunshots were heard, but the bullets never reached their targets. Shrouded in a dark mist cast by May’s spell, the fallen Angel and the Demon were concealed and made their getaway into an alleyway as the Angels continued to shoot into the black cloud.
Surprisingly, May found, Drew was able to stand and move, though tottering on his feet. She held him up as they looked for a hideout. It did not have to be fantastic, just something that could hold them until Drew’s wounds healed somewhat.
Finding a dark, old garage, they slipped under the metal gate. Drew collapsed onto his back upon reaching the other side, almost gasping for breath as he absorbed the incredible pain emanating from the bases of his limbs and wings. “Damn…”

They were wet from the rain, their skin and clothes splotched with grains of dirt from the floor. May helped Drew up into a sitting position, and dragged him towards the wall for him to lean on. Drew tried to speak, his voice pained. “You wouldn’t believe what this feels like…like fire, almost, but then not really.”

May was beside him. Resting her hand on one of his shoulders, she could feel a deep gash had formed there and guessed that, the limb was severed almost completely. Blood was running down his arm and into a small, red pool in a steady stream. Getting in front of him, she unbuttoned his shirt and examined the wounds. They were bad, very bad. It seemed as though a machete had been there, very slowly sawing into the flesh. May placed her hands over the wounds, and whispering a silent, gentle spell, her hands began to glow with her own energy as she attempted to heal the wounds. There was no need for a doctor when one knew the extents of healing magic – it was probably one of the few things she was grateful to the Angels for.
Drew felt a sharp, cool pain rush into him as May practiced her magic on his injuries. He stayed still as best he could, even though the pain matched that of Sindarkka being thrust into his abdomen.

“I really thought you were dead…I really thought that bite hadn’t worked,” Drew said, practically in a whisper in her ear.

The breath was soft and still full of sadness, but with a pinch of relief as he sighed in pain. May looked up into his face – up into his green eyes that still seemed to glow with his powerful life force. She pressed her forehead against his, more than happy to finally be with him again, even when the future was as hopeless and dark as the musty garage they had taken refuge in. Things were bleak, that was a certainty. Getting out of Metropolis alive was no easy feat; that was all they had proven to the world thus far.

“Why?”

“Because I was weak…when I went out to get blood, all I found was an easy vampire and two Angels who attempted to kill me. After that…another Demon appeared.”

May’s brow furrowed. “Another? But I thought…they were banished to Outskirt? How could they survive?”

“Somehow they did…and somehow they entered the city not too long ago. For what reason, they didn’t tell me. I didn’t stick around long enough to listen because somehow I knew you were in trouble.”

When May released her grasp, only red scars were left. The bleeding was over and Drew felt the stinging sensation of the cuts had already begun to subside. She began the same process again onto his wings.

“We should find refuge with them…at least if we are attacked by Angels, we won’t be alone.” May’s magic began to work faster, and soon she was done healing Drew’s wings and began work on the bases of his legs, which were not cut as deep as his shoulders had been.

“That would be a good idea if they weren’t planning on using me as a soldier in their plans to retake the Darkie area…or the whole city, I’m not really sure what’s going on with them now.”

“Still,” May said as she finished healing.

Drew was not one hundred percent better, but at least the cuts were no longer costing him precious blood. As he rubbed his sore shoulders, he contemplated on May’s logic. If they could not talk to Angels, surely Demons would hear him out, if even for the price of working for them. But, then again, he was a rogue, it seemed. He could promise them one thing and fly away the next. As powerful as their leader seemed that night, Drew figured that, having lived in Metropolis in a more recent time, he knew the city better than that strange Demon and could easily trump it. That was all big, arrogant talk he kept to himself, though, as he jumped at the sound of a falling trash can.
The footsteps weren’t Angelic, Drew could hear, even in the rain that came down in waterfalls outside. But everything and its mother in the city was looking for May and Drew’s bounties. Putting his weakness behind him, Drew agitated his wings, pointing them up towards the ceiling. Whatever was coming in was not going to come out alive if he could help it.
And that's it here. Check the Explanation page for details. ^^

flygonrulz

Don't leave me!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! Maaaay isn't deaaaaaaaaaaad!~ Our favourite couple can live on! ...DREW, STAY AWAY FROM KNIVES!!! :p I'm happy how this has turned out! Very unexpected indeed. I like Demon May. ^^ Well, I like her coz now they might be able to makle babies!

May and Drew: Huh?

You know, when a mommy and a daddy love each otther very much-

May and Drew: We know THAT!!!

Oki! ^^ But, awwwwww. Now they can be together! ...If they can get past the bloodthirsty Agels and Demons who want to use Drew as a soldier. Ah well.

I *bounces* can't *bounces* waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait! I need to build a time machine so I can see the next chappie nooooow! Haha, nice work Ama as always. Keep it up!

EDFIT: Woop, woop! First post! This is the firstr time this has happened to me! And on a major fic, too. Wow. FR ISH THE FLASH!!!

Encyclopika

The Queen
Well...May and Drew could always make babies...:X The next chapter is the most important one, so yeah - I can understand why you'd be so excited. ^^!
And yeah - she's a Fallen Angel. >D And Wrathful Drew is sexy. :X *goes off to imagine* It was so much fun to write this. ^^

Ariel_Anderson

Just some Random
Ah good, May is alive (sorta). But what interests me the most is that Drew was able to come out of Wrath... I know you have a interesting reason for this because I'm pretty sure you said that once you became a sin, you wouldn't stop one until you basically self-destructed. Or something like that.

I like May as a demon. Her personality's cooler now.

Encyclopika

The Queen
Ariel_Anderson said:
I know you have a interesting reason for this because I'm pretty sure you said that once you became a sin, you wouldn't stop one until you basically self-destructed. Or something like that.
Nah I didn't. XD If you look (all the way) back to when Kelly had been in Wrath, I did mention that you could reverse the effects by reversing the cause. In Kelly's case, it had been that Harley was being a jackass - to reverse it, he'd have to have said "sorry" or something like that to her, which he refused. In Drew's case, it was May's death, but since she was, indeed, alive, that reversed the effects because he's was relieved she was alright.
DoM 15 said:
His eyes became less and less menacing, and very slowly did he shrink back into his former self. His emotions were no longer producing the rage Wrath desired, and it lifted from his spirit. Weak from his rampage, Drew said nothing, but May could feel the relief in his sigh as he buried his eyes into her shoulder.
That bolded should give you a better idea. Wrath feeds off the hatred and anger - the more you have, the more damage you can do. (sideffects include dismemberment). Of course, if you're no longer angry, it'll get bored with you and move on. =P

I like May as a demon. Her personality's cooler now.
May's personality isn't different and hardened just because she has black wings and has vampriric characteristics - it's because of everything she's been through up to this point. She's fed up with the clan. Plain and simple.

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
Ah, tbh, this was updated much faster than I had anticipated xD
I saw it yesterday around 10.30 pm, and I was like : "No !! Why am I so tied, I can't read it now ! -_-"

It was difficult to move after death, but still she struggled on.

Reading this made me feel...weird ^^'

Still cold, she folded her feathered wings around her for added warmth. However, as the wings moved to the front, she noticed something peculiar. No, it couldn’t be the darkness of the warehouse making them that color. Blinking and squinting, May studied her wings, and deducted that the plumage had changed color, from bright white to a midnight black. Running fingers through the new feathers, she realized that with a life given back to her from a vampire, these sorts of things would happen. She quickly moved her fingers to her mouth, and found sharp canines had formed there.

Yes !! Demon May takes the stage !! :D

May guessed he was telling them about the Fallen Angel situation, and how she, his daughter, had been slain, all for the good of their safety and the future of the clan. It was too bad, May thought, that he was wrong.

I see that May has completely renounced her convictions, since she's acting like a haughty being here, feeling "pity" for the man who's wrong about her...

She and Drew were alive, and though she did not know where her lover was, she was aware he was probably ripping apart any and all Undercover Angels he could find.

Or Wrath was ripping him apart ?

And good riddance.

Welcome to the Dark side.

May backed up. She could see that the crowd behind her father could not hear her, or so it seemed. Their narrow eyes were like needles on her. It was hatred, but what for or why was beyond her. Her wings were black, but her voice and spirit remained the same. It was only her and yet, her new darkness made that much of a difference.

Discrimination is an issue for society, any society...

Apparently, sins had levels to them, as Drew was barely recognizable under his new, fiendish guise. In the storm’s darkness, May could see that Drew’s body had grown in proportion, as well as devil-like horns and saber-teeth. His ears had become pointed and his eyes were like a dragon’s – completely one color in slits of green. Despite his powerful disposition, it came to May’s attention that Drew was bleeding from the bases of his limbs and wings as blood streamed down his arms, as well as from fresh bullet-holes that still sizzled in his body.

You know, this makes me think of Illidan in The Frozen Throne, or even when any Demon Hunter from the Night Elves turns into demon form ^^'
That's some description you gave there :p

The footsteps weren’t Angelic, Drew could hear, even in the rain that came down in waterfalls outside. But everything and its mother in the city was looking for May and Drew’s bounties. Putting his weakness behind him, Drew agitated his wings, pointing them up towards the ceiling. Whatever was coming in was not going to come out alive if he could help it.

Damn the cliffhanger ;_;

But yeah, like I said, seems that May has fully become a fallen angel, but she's not a demon right ? she can never be ? even with his bite ?
And she really has confronted Norman for the first time, and I can't wait to see his reaction !

The other angels should start thinking and pondering about May's statement, that Norman was the one who's spreading hatred...

honey_clover112

tsundere full force!
PWNAGE, ENCYCLOPIKA, PWNAGE.

Ahah! I knew that she wouldn't die that fast! If she did, then... that's that, I suppose. And a Fallen Angel...nice. I love it. I lke Fallen Angels a lot, and now that she knows that the Angels are the 'Demons' of Metropolis, then she'll be fighting the Angels?

And yes, she is a Fallen Angel, right? But will she also have the sins? Wrath, Lust, etc, etc?

Cliffhangers. D: I can't wait for the next chapter! :]

;006;

Last edited:

Ayra

~Master Coordinator~
Awesome! May isn't dead! Whoopie! I hope that May and Drew can stay together forever.

~Ayra~;267;

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
ZOMG MAY!! I honestly thought she was a goner last chapter. And turning her vampiric - too cool.
I'd thought it was impossible to revert back after a sin had taken you over, too. Guess I'll need to re-read the chapter where Kelly died. The fact that Drew had to kill her seems sadder knowing that all Harley had to do to save her life was apologise. Oh, and the sins are a Demon thing, right, so May isn't going to be affected by them now, is she?

Fofa

Thunder Trainer
If May can become a "fallen angel", then can a demon become more "pure" so to speak? If that's true, then would the demon's wings turn white?

At least she got better. . .