1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Deoxys, Celebi, and More - JAA Detroit

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by ♪Crystal Mew♪, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ♪Crystal Mew♪

♪Crystal Mew♪ Mr. ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Okay

Today I went to Journey Across America at Great Lakes Crossing (Which they label as Detroit but it isn't really in Detroit).

Overall it was a great experience.

You are probably wondering "Why did he say something about deoxys?"
    Well here is the reason why...

While my friends and I were going through the celebi line for what... the third time... my bro's friend was given a deoxys instead of celebi... She traded it to me because she thought I would be better to train it... Want proof?
    Picture 1
    Picture 2

Yeah I'm pretty lucky to have that...

Note the OT Space C (Which I presume is referring to the Space Center).

Now I was really suprised at the lines there... Not their length in general though...
    The long lines were: merchandise (like hats and crap), the top twenty, and to get your picture taken with pokemon.

The short lines were: celebi, everything else.

I was definatly scratching my head...

Ah well...

I was told I could not download extra celebis even though there were about 0 people waiting at a table to download them... I did end up going through several times anyways...

The top twenty were pretty cool... I was kinda suprised that pikachu was the only one holding an item (Light Ball)...

Overall it was a fun time... (I should have entered the tournament... I saw the first couple rounds and most of the people sucked)

Kinda on a side note...
    Someone said that JAA increased the shiny chance... I don't quite believe this but right after I got home I took my extra Ruby and rode the character to the top of the Sky Pillar to save in front of Rayquaza (I had been restarting for shiny Rayquaza). So I saved. I decided that I was just going to do one restart for Rayquaza that day so I talked to it.... Bam it was shiny... So I caught it....

Man I am just having a lucky day!!!

EDIT:

This just made my day when I was there...

I overheard this little kid "Oh man isn't shiny Mudkip black?"

I turned around and said "Well actually it's purple"

He said something like "Sweet! What color is Charizard?"

When I said black his face and his three friends faces lit up.

Then I showed them my (then 6) shinies... They were like in heaven.

Then they asked me what shiny rayquaza looked like. I said black... They were like how do you know. I told them I saw one (My friend there had one) and that I was trying for one myself.

They were like "Oh cool do you know like everything"

Priceless moment

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  2. Golden_Latias

Golden_Latias #SlayQueenSlay

Again, congrats on the Rayquaza, man.

I seriously wish I could have gone, but I didn't have a team put together :(. Ah well, there's always next year :p.

3. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

It came from the space center in Houston.

Why else would the Original Trainer be Space C?

4. Congrats on JAA! I wish i could have gone.

5. Praetor

Praetor Psephophthalmus artu

hey that answered so many of my questions many other people hav failed to, so i just got one question, howd u get so many celebi's?

6. Tiffany

Tiffany Staff Member Super Mod

That's pretty cool you got a Deoxys! Pretty cool on getting the Rayquaza as a shiny. Lucky.

7. ~Sirnight~

~Sirnight~ Come along, dear

Great on the Deoxys and said legendaries. Yes, how DID you het so many Celebii's? I ENVY YOU!

8. *$hinydragonite*

*$hinydragonite* Back after 1 year+

Lucky! It's too bad that they aren't having a JAA in my state this year. I'm just lucky that I got to go and get the Mystic Ticket last year. Also, congratz on the deoxys.

9. JONNO.FRESH

JONNO.FRESH Well-Known Member

congrats man. Wish i could have at least one celebi

10. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

Light Ball is great because it doubles your Pikachu's Special Attack. It makes Pikachu prettty good in battle since it's Special Attack is even higher then Raichu's.

11. Levski

Levski Josh trainer

This is the second time someone from SPPF gets a Deoxys by mistake...
    One question: How did you get all of those Celebis? Did you take a lot of game cartridges or did they let you get more than 1 Celebi on each cartridge?

12. malcolm_n

malcolm_n Pokemon Collector

Yeah, I didn't know for sure about it, but after the JAA, I hatched 4 shiny pokemon in a row. So, I just wanted to check if anybody else had had a similar experience. Glad you had fun, cool things with the Deoxys and the shiny rayquaza.

13. Arena Tycoon Slaking

Arena Tycoon Slaking Well-Known Member

Wow that sounded like such a fun time i wish i was there!

14. The Missing Number

The Missing Number Well-Known Member

You know what really sucks about this...How there isn't a Journey across Australia. (Must-resist-from-gamesharking-)
    Congrats on the Deoxys and the shiny Rayquaza, also on being labeled as knowing everything. ^_^

15. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

Well, congrats on that. My parents don't feel like traveling to these things, so I never been to one. Just as well, though. I'm perfectly content with the Celebi I got from the Celebi Glitch.

16. ♪Crystal Mew♪

♪Crystal Mew♪ Mr. ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

I had something like 10 cartridges and I licked the stamp off my hand and went through the line again...

17. The Missing Number

The Missing Number Well-Known Member

Celebi glitch? Wtf? Do you mean the Mew glitch coz Iv'e never heard of a confirmed Celebi glitch

18. Tabby Catty

Tabby Catty Courtney loves Ruby

I'm so jealous I was going to go there until family issues came up because next week I'm going to my cousin's baby shower I was going to cosplay as Shelly there but my question is were there any other cosplayers?

19. Torchic23

Torchic23 gee that's swell

JAA is pretty fun huh? I got a bunch of Celebi too, one of them is Naughty Yay! And the Deoxys is awesome too, I wanted to go to that, but I should say I'm lucky to go to the JAA in Chicago

I wonder if it really does increase the shiny chance, I would really like having one, but you, getting a shiny Rayquaza, that is so cool! I sucked when I went too, lost in the first round, although this guy was pretty good, and i found out later that he became the champ. Just my luck -_-

20. Cobalt_Latios

Cobalt_Latios Well-Known Member

Lucky you! I live in Canada so i couldnt go. It would have been so great too! Though i did go to Disneyland in L.A. California. The only problem with that is the JAA already past there in April(i went in May). Damn it all!!

Congrats on the Celebi, Deoxys and Rayquaza!!

-C_L-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.