• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Deoxys, Celebi, and More - JAA Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunsparce

Lucky ;-;

I only got a 1 Celebi, a Blastoise, a Raikou, and a HP Electric Suicune. My fourth non-Celebi Pokemon didn't download properly ;-;

IMO, I think the SHiny thing is just random. I got all five of my shinies were obtained in a period of two weeks in the same game (Sapphire) and I've never seen another one again. u.u

wcgold

I wanted to get a Deoxys when I was at JAA. When I got to the Celebi booth, I handed over my GBA, and I noticed that Deoxys was on the screen of the staff member's GBA. So, I was all like "Pssst. There's nobody else here (there actually was no one; I came at like 4:30 PM and JAA ended at 5:00), can you put a Deoxys in my other cartridge?" And the guy that was giving me the Celebi gave me an answer that a kid would believe. He said "No I can't, each of these cartridges holds a certain amount of Pokémon, and we're out of Deoxys", which is a load of crap, but I understand he's trying to do his job.

Now I'm gonna have to be a really generous trader on D/P wi-fi once it comes out.

Last edited:

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
So, u are telling me that I could've gotten like 5 Celebi on one of my game carts? DANG, I ONLY GOT THREE!

Congrats! I live in Houston, but I didn't get to go to the space center event. -_-

Anyways, what is a good way to get a lot of Celebi? I have three cartridges.

4th Generation Master

Dunsparce said:
Lucky ;-;

I only got a 1 Celebi, a Blastoise, a Raikou, and a HP Electric Suicune. My fourth non-Celebi Pokemon didn't download properly ;-;

IMO, I think the SHiny thing is just random. I got all five of my shinies were obtained in a period of two weeks in the same game (Sapphire) and I've never seen another one again. u.u

Didn't download properly? What exactly do you mean? Did it involve game deletion? How exactly does the downloading work anyway? I would hate to lose my hard work on my games.

vpoirier000

dexmaster
you are so lucky there's no such events in canada (but i got all my shinies on vacantion to the united states is there a link with it?)

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~

The epitome of grace
You're lucky, that's all I can say! Do they let you download more than two of the top twenty Pokemon?

♪Crystal Mew♪

Mr. ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
they let you download either 4 on one game or 2 each on 2 games

then you have to stand in line again... they dont stamp you for that

Pikachu

NW Tourney Winner
Holy ****! They increased the shiny chance! I cannot ****ing wait to go to JAA now!!

♪Crystal Mew♪

Mr. ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
That is the speculation...

I do not believe that the chance increased...

My hypothesis is that JAA made people play the game more and therefore they encountered more pokes in general... and more shinies along with that

Dunsparce

dragonboy said:
Didn't download properly? What exactly do you mean? Did it involve game deletion? How exactly does the downloading work anyway? I would hate to lose my hard work on my games.

No. The connection was soemhow cut. It was going to be a Tryanitar I would trade to my little brother ;-;

My saved data is a-OK

gydra

Congrats everyone that went. I wish I could go to an event, but I live in northeast Oklahoma, I really want deoxys, without cheating.

ViNe WhIp

Johto Champion
Man when I went the Celebi line was surprisingly short and the top 20 was huge. The top 20 line was the one right next to the Celebi one right? WHOA, WHOA, WHOA they had Deoxys's at these things and didn't tell us! Damnit!

♪Crystal Mew♪

Mr. ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
yeah the 20 line was about a 45 minute wait while you could wait 10 seconds for celebi...

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO

I am watching you...
YOU GUYS DID YOU CHECK THE DEOXYS ID?!

IT IS SPACE C WHICH MEANS IT WAS FROM THE HOUston event!

Don't be fooled by somethin so obvious, but good on ya for getting a deoxys at all (I live in Nz, but my dad went to America and Downloaded the Celebis and my 6 "top twent" pokemon. Maybe you saw him at the Dallas Event?)

Leumas

Viva La Revolution!
All in favour of changing the last A in JAA from America to Australia? Seriously though, you Americans are so freaking lucky! Congratulations on the Celebi, Deoxys and Shiny Rayquaza!

Leumas

Torchic23

gee that's swell
Congrats! I live in Houston, but I didn't get to go to the space center event. -_-

Anyways, what is a good way to get a lot of Celebi? I have three cartridges.

My suggestions are, bring all of them, they allow to download a Celebi on each one, keep going to different downloaders, if they're the same downloaders, wait a while so they forget what you look like, then you can keep going back and getting them. I should have done that, but I guess 5 Celebi are enough ^^

4th Generation Master

How does the downloading work? They trade them to you or something? Then what would you trade for it? Do you just give them your GBA and then they take it in a room and come back and Pokemon is on it? Hey wait a minute is it via Mystery Gift? And do you have to bring your own link cable/wireless adapter? I am filled with questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.