• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Deoxys. The most powerful pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Char1016

Pokemon Communist
Deoxys. The most powerful pokémon?

I was thinking. What if I get a Deoxys in Emerald, train him in Pokemon Emerald for Speed. After a while I transfer him to Leaf Green to raise his Defense and Special Defense, then transfer him to Fire Red to raise his Attack and Special Attack. After all that thing, Deoxys will have every stat over 120 or maybe 150.

I don't mean/think that he then will have the highest stats ever. He will have every stat high enough then.

If he has Quirky, Serious, Hardy or [forgot], it will be even more because none of it's stats will be lower or higher.

~~End of the story~~​

Mighty

Indigo Champion
I don't think there would be any difference in that method and putting it into Ruby/Sapphire and doing spread EV training, across all stats.

Deathskully

I r gud riter.
Yeah, you're right. It doesn't keep the same stats of it's previous form, plus Deoxys base stat total is much less than a few other pokemon.

Pikamiki

PokeTrainer Miki
you cant raise every stat, you can only raise two!

pikachu146

That's not true.If you trade a Deoxys to another game,its form will change to that game's form.The stats will change to the one in that version.

F

~Flannery~

Well, sory to sound off-topic but I don't think a Pokemon can be "The Strongest". They all have weaknesses. Unfortunately, Deoxys' stats will change if you trade him-her- IT (I think! :)). I think a good defense and a good special will do him- her- IT good. That's just my opinion. I'm new here, so please don't take me too harshly. (=-)

Char1016

Pokemon Communist
I don't mean he is the strongest, I meant, the pokemon with every stat high.

And, is it true that when you send Speed Deoxys from Emerald to Leaf Green or Fire Red its Speed stat gets low? Some of you are saying something like this.

Moonlight.

fidani16 said:
I don't mean he is the strongest, I meant, the pokemon with every stat high.

And, is it true that when you send Speed Deoxys from Emerald to Leaf Green or Fire Red its Speed stat gets low? Some of you are saying something like this.

When you trade Deoxys, its base stats change, so its stats will change to fit with the base stats.

Vycksta

1) The five neutral natures are Bashful, Docile, Quirky, Serious and Hardy.

2) Deoxys is not the strongest Pokemon. Admittedly, i'm getting more and more annoyed by it and its three different forms. Ditto can use Transform and became one of 386 forms! Wheeee! *end slight sarcasm*

3) Depends on how you are raising the stats. If via vitamins a Pokemon will only have 10 of each type but only 50 maximum. If any other ways... don't look at me. I'm not the greatest on EVs. o_o

AJ Flibble

Emohawk
He's not always the strongest. Strongest is meant to mean "offensively strong" in this context, right? FR is very strong, LG is an insane tank. RS is a lame original one and Emerald is a fairly balanced but stupidly fast one. It just depends on the form.

um...quick thought

Deoxys in the manga has a weak spot...the crystal in the middle of his form (Any).
Well in games you cant target a spot like you can in some games so the ansuwer is no. But it would be cool if you could do theat in games I would always aim for 2 main spots head and the croch

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
well, if you mean the most powerful as in having the highest stats, then no, Deoxys isn't the strongest in any area, no matter what form it is. In terms of attack power, Charlem's the strongest when you take Pure Power into account. Special attack, it's out-classed by a Pearlu with DeepSeaTooth. Defense.... well, Tsubotsubo beats it there, both physically and special. And speed, a Watakko in clear weather, and maybe a Tekkanin after a couple turns, beats it. However, if we just look at the base stats without any alterations based on temporary status increases, held items, or characteristics, then yes, Deoxys Attack Form holds the record for highest Attack and Special Attack, and Speed Form has the highest Speed (however, Defense Form still doesn't have stronger defense stats than Tsubotsubo, as well as Regice, Regirock, Haganeil, and a few others).

Deathskully

I r gud riter.
Attack and Defense forms are the only forms worth using. Attack form is so insanely powerful in offense and speed, nothing can switch into it without living the next hit. The defense form sponges hits like nothing, shrugging of damage and knocking off your items. The speed form, though great in speed, has all it's other stats quite bad so pretty much all you can do with it is outrun, do tiny bits of damage and die.

The normal form is like the Attack form, except less attack and a bit more defense. It still can't live any hits, and damages less just for a bit more speed.

jellsprout

Groudon>Lugia>Mewtwo>Deoxys. Period.

And to answer your question, Deoxys's stats get recalculated every time he gets traded. He still keeps the same IVs, EVs and nature, but its Base Stats change every time. So yes, some of his stats lower when traded to another version. If that weren't the case, how could anyone possibly obtain a legal normal form Deoxys?
And you are also saying, that when traded Deoxys's stats don't get lowered but do get raised giving it a higher stat total each time it gets traded to a version it hasn't been before? That is even more confusing then how it is in reality.

And Deoxys is far from the best Pokémon. It's speed form is so pathatic that it is even downgraded to OU, it's normal form can't take a hit but also can't really give one either and it's attack form gives a good punch but can't take a weak one and thus making it weaker than anything that outruns it.
The only one that it usable is the defence form, but Lugia gets that job done much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.